• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

UFRA

FYI to Team PS3 GAF:

I will be on Friday night.

Then...

*drumroll*

I have a 10 day vacation period I took!!! :lol :lol :lol

Which means plenty of BC2 action coming up in the next week.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:
Which means plenty of BC2 action coming up in the next week.

Good, we def. need a second person when there is five of us in a Conquest game rotating leaving one of us (generally me) out. :lol

Edit: Of course, Crack will drag you into Rush, so Olimpia will not play.

Also I've come to love the shotguns. I don't even use the slugs anymore. Sure, they're good for "range sniping" but I've come to fall back on the M9 or the M1911 for sniping across the map or mid-range ADH blind-firing and hoping to kill a dude that spots me.

abuC

Those teams we played tonight were helpless, Im mad though, I got disconnected during that game in Arica harbor and was 30-0 with 3500pts, they still had about 80 tickets left.

I almost felt bad for that team in Attacama desert, Faceless and I both had tanks in their base and they kept spawing over and over again trying to take out our tanks.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Good, we def. need a second person when there is five of us in a Conquest game rotating leaving one of us (generally me) out. :lol

Also I've come to love the shotguns. I don't even use the slugs anymore. Sure, they're good for "range sniping" but I've come to fall back on the M9 or the M1911 for sniping across the map or mid-range ADH blind-firing and hoping to kill a dude that spots me.

:lol

I'll do my best to help you out in some Conquest matches when I can. I enjoy both Conquest and Rush, so no issues there.

Yes I the big bad Crak force poor JM into Rush :D

I didn't set any games other then Monday this week.

I'm always starting the match when JM logs on of course I'm going to pick my favorite mode.

JM you can start the match tomorrow then :lol

abuC said:
Those teams we played tonight were helpless, Im mad though, I got disconnected during that game in Arica harbor and was 30-0 with 3500pts, they still had about 80 tickets left.

I almost felt bad for that team in Attacama desert, Faceless and I both had tanks in their base and they kept spawing over and over again trying to take out our tanks.
what i really loved were the guys who kept trying to get in the chopper! if i saw them heading for it, i'd wait until they got in, then *bam* thanks for the extra 100 points guy!

TheSeks said:

you've also come to love gardening... i mean, clearing out Nelson Bay... in the daytime!?!? RUTHLESS!!!

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
what i really loved were the guys who kept trying to get in the chopper! if i saw them heading for it, i'd wait until they got in, then *bam* thanks for the extra 100 points guy!

You both pushed into there and I was in the Apache. What's funny is they had A for a long while. I'm like "GOD, PLEASE. SOMEONE. ANYONE. GO TO A. PLEASE. GOD. NOW. DAMN IT. GOD."

Me and the pilot (who was decent, not great, but wasn't flying all over the place doing figure 8's to where I'm "GODDAMN IT, ABU/FACELESS, I CAN'T AIM/ROTATE AS FAST AS YOU MOVE!") were doing figure 8's over the whole map. I did get a <D 2.0> off A from them and a few in the buildings. Finally, near the end of the game someone takes A. Thereby locking them into you guys taking them out and me firing damaging shots on them and possibly killing them if they got on the turret or anti-air.

you've also come to love gardening... i mean, clearing out Nelson Bay... in the daytime!?!? RUTHLESS!!!

I actually did that as a "draw a line in the sand" thing. I wanted to make sure they weren't able to come to C/D (US) A/B (RU) before we were ready/able to defend it. But you guys were crazy and rushing over to their base. So by the time I'm finished I'm like "well... fuck." I did start clearing out the trees near A/B RU spawn side so they couldn't come in. So... yeah... "RUTHLESS" on that front.

Laguna Presa Conquest also became interesting taking out the shrubs and building of A. Had someone kill me a few times hiding in a bush (and my shotgun/pistol couldn't kill them in time. DAMN IT), only to snipe them next spawn from US base, rest of the team clears them out and I basically go around sniping for the rest of the 30-70 tickets to the end of the game.

Crack said:

Well, that's true. You and JM joined Faceless and Abu who joined me when I was playing on a shitty attack/defense team trying to snipe in Port Valadez Rush, mostly playing rush to finish my SV98 Gold Star (which I did). Otherwise I've been doing Conquest only unless I want a round in Arica Rush before going back to Conquest. I generally only play Rush if someone else is now a days. I can't stand trying to defend against cheese tactics or doing cheese by myself if no one else is around.

Edit Edit: Speaking of Gardening, I've become a demolitionist as well. Clearing out the "walls" around the buildings (you know the ones) of C and B Arica Conquest with 6 C4, Explosive ++ feels good man. Generally people hide behind those. I'm making it my mission to clear those things out if possible and grief the fuck out of the enemy. What good is taking C if you're unable to... hide?

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Yes I the big bad Crak force poor JM into Rush :D

I'm always starting the match when JM logs on of course I'm going to pick my favorite mode.

JM you can start the match tomorrow then :lol

Actually in all honesty, I prefer to play Rush when I'm with Gaffers. I NEVER play Rush solo, since there's almost 0% guarantee you will find a competent team of randoms. So I always play Conquest when I'm by myself.

However, if I get online and GAF is only playing Conquest, I'll gladly join.

You're not by yourself most of the time on BFBC2 anymore :lol
You'll be playing PSN games instead.

When I set up games people join in our games. I don't really invite anybody because I don't want to bother them. If gaf is playing Rush it's definitely by choice. Everybody knows that I'm playing Rush and every session starts on Arica Harbor :lol

I don't want to feel like I"m forcing anybody. Dreamgazer knows that since when he joins my game he question why sometimes I'm alone and don't invite anybody.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
You're not by yourself most of the time on BFBC2 anymore :lol
You'll be playing PSN games instead.

So true. I usually am only alone in BC2 when I get the urge to play during the late afternoon or early evening when no one is on.

olimpia84

Last night was fun, my favorite match was the first round of Arica Harbor. We quickly managed to get all 3 flags and held them for a while but then somehow they got out of their spawn and started capping flags. We always had the game under control but they did a good job of getting out of the base rape situation and capping flags near the end.

Oh, and the reason I didn't join you guys earlier is because I was playing with rockscar (gaffer from Spain) and the team was full so I couldn't invite anybody either.

abuC

Attacama Desert :lol
21kmp8m.jpg

Nelson Bay
2w659xd.jpg

In between that was a 28-6 game, after that it was mostly 23-6 type of games. Best game would have been on Arica harbor in conquest, but I got disconnected in the middle of an opus :(

olimpia84

those are damn good numbers :lol
I did pretty well myself with around 30 kills per match but I die quite often due to my suicidal playing style :D
The highlight for me was getting 3 goldtags from this same dude that sent me a message later on :D

abuC

olimpia84 said:
those are damn good numbers :lol
I did pretty well myself with around 30 kills per match but I die quite often due to my suicidal playing style :D
The highlight for me was getting 3 goldtags from this same dude that sent me a message later on :D

Im very aggressive too, not much for hanging back when I can be on the front-line dishing out pain :lol

Was it an angry message? Those are the best when you know they're pissed. I had some guy get my tags, and send me a message which was kind of funny and I can't be mad at him.

"I got your tags" - him
"Big deal so do about 100 other people" - Me
"It's a big deal to me, Im not exactly Midas!" - Him

TheSeks

Man, our team was swarmed. :/ I cleared out the trees near A, they rush in while the rest of our team stupidly doesn't decide to defend against rushers.

PROTIP: NELSON BAY CONQUEST REQUIRES DEFENDING YOUR FUCKING BASES. THAT MEANS: 99% OF YOU SHOULDN'T BE RUNNING OFF FOR THE FIRST TEN GODDAMN MINUTES.

*anger*

On atacama desert this jackass on our team shot at us down with the Vads when Jm stole the chopper. I shot them back afterward when they stole one and hogged the vads as they were pissed off.

They got sniped afterwards, sweet justice.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
so Sekoku, how about those Laguna Presa games!?

all that practice means i can get up there in like 1-2 tries now!
How the hell did you get there with the Bradley ?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I just got the game from Gamefly. Is the first person you play as really named Wyatt? I've never played a game before where someone I play has my name without me having to change it. :lol

Just played this for the first time in a few months (life is busy, blah blah blah). So enjoyable, and my skills didn't drop off too much! In fact, I think I generally played really well.

I've been trying lately to play classes the way they're "meant" to be played. Telling your assault squad mates to move ahead of you when you're playing as a medic, waiting at a choke point as a medic, just constantly reviving. As recon, even with the shotgun, I've been doing a lot more hiding (as a defender) using the motion mine as an aid. Really fun stuff.

Did have a weird exploit (aimbot?) today at Valparaiso. We were defending the third set of MCOMS (where B is out in the dockhouse place). There was a medic attacker that killed me and my friends 2-3 times each in a 8-10 minute span. The thing is, even if we were at the BACK of our base (truthfully, it didn't matter where), he would "snipe" us with his PKM. Every time it showed the kill cam, it showed him crouched behind the concrete barriers at the top of the attackers hill, crouch-jumping and KILLING people almost every time he popped up. At first I thought it was just an insanely lucky shot/person--after all, we've all Medic-sniped before--but my little brother starting complaining about the guy and then I was killed again, and then my buddy was. Looked at the scoreboard--dude was 66-4. :lol

Maybe he was just insanely good, but something just didn't add up, and we bailed on that server.

The first server we played actually had a really good team that we joined, and we kept steamrolling the opposition, and they soon all rage-quit. Sometimes lower player games are fun, but the opposition still sucked even with 10v10. On Port Valdez, at attackers, we took the T90 down the hill and my friend just PLOWED into it and fired maybe two shells and it goes down. I had no idea that shit was so easy to bring down! Other than the cheater, really good rounds--many times the attackers pushing super hard and gaining momentum, and then we hold them off at the last second. On the second set of MCOMs, defending Laguna Presa, I got on a mounted MG and, with a few bursts, took out 5 engineers on that ledge they rocket sniper the MCOMs from :lol

Good stuff. Can't wait for Vietnam.

May have already been discussed/expected, but no jets in BC2:V, no "complete" map rotation (Vietnam maps have their own rotation), loss of some equipment (UAV, motion sensor, spotting scope?), and possible changes to VIP system:

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/arch...-about-battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam.aspx

Are you going to include jets like the F4 Phantom and MiG-21? If not, why not?
The jets are used for ambience and are not flyable. They just don't fit within the scope of a Bad Company 2 expansion. The helicopter is awesome, though. :)&#8232; &#8232;

When you’re playing the expansion will it only rotate through the four expansion maps or does it integrate the Bad Company 2 maps as well?
Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam will have its separate map rotation. It is, however, integrated into the overall persistence, so you will keep leveling your soldier up as usual, no matter if you play the base game or the Vietnam expansion.&#8232; &#8232;

&#8232;A lot of the technology used in Bad Company 2 has no historical analog in Vietnam. What is going to replace futuristic weapons like the UAV, motion sensor, and spotting sight?
Rather than inventing some kind of retro sci-fi tech that wasn't used in the Vietnam War, we are simply removing some of these modern war items from the Vietnam expansion. This in turn has an interesting effect on the gameplay – it's more gritty and up close and personal now, which feels like a perfect fit to the theme. Other items have been redesigned to fit the theme, so the C4 is replaced with dynamite sticks, while the defibrillator has turned into an adrenaline shot.

If you had a chance to go back and do it again, would you have released more map packs earlier rather than using the VIP strategy, which simply opened up pre-existing maps for new modes?&#8232;
We think doing the VIP program was a good way to give our fans complementing features that we did not have the possibility of implementing in the base game at launch, and we have received good feedback for our VIP program. That being said, we are currently evaluating the VIP program to decide how to best approach this in the future.

No_Style

Good games, guys. Would have gone on and played again, but we rotated back to Nelson Bay and I couldn't take another infantry map. It's tiring :lol

TheSeks

Okay, I didn't think that plan through carefully.

Note to self: Don't garden the trees on Conquest Nelson Bay. People may rush in, but once you start doing Dances with Shotguns they stop. :lol

so Seks, how about those Laguna Presa games!?

I'm impressed. Now that I know you're heading up there, I can start going "my little mortar strikes" on people with the vehicle long-fire perk. :lol

Man, the Neostead is annoying on open ground maps/conquest. I can't seem to get the right range for it and so I'm being mown down left and right. ARGH.

And the shotguns are good in close-range, but in "non-touching" range, they suck without MA. Which sucks as I've been using C4 + Explosive ups to take down buildings, normal C4 takes forever to take down buildings. :/

behind the concrete barriers at the top of the attackers hill,

You mean the "boxes"? It's possible to snipe/fire from the cracks up there. Or do you mean something else? Show me.

@Dan: I don't mean to get pissy with you, dude. Today I was just angry at the DS2 beta and idiot teammates in BC2 wasn't helping at all.

I'm following you, I see you get in and start to take off. I'm like "WAIT! YOU DON'T HAVE A GUNNER! *fires XM8 Compact into the air* DAMN YOU! FUCKING DAMN IT! ARRRRRGH!"

No jets? What a joke. :lol This really is a reskinned map pack vs a real expansion. It's bringing nothing new besides the Huey's to BC2. And that's just Blackhawk mixed with an Apache as far as I can tell. I wonder what the Recon will get since he's being screwed out of motion mines and possibly the spotter scope (no one cares about the latter though)... I'm still excited because finally new, original maps. But as an avid Vietnam player (back in the day) I can't help but feel it's not getting the update it deserves.

TheSeks said:
I'm impressed. Now that I know you're heading up there, I can start going "my little mortar strikes" on people with the vehicle long-fire perk. :lol
i wish i knew what the other team was thinking!

Mr Sandman said:
No jets? What a joke. :lol This really is a reskinned map pack vs a real expansion. It's bringing nothing new besides the Huey's to BC2. And that's just Blackhawk mixed with an Apache as far as I can tell. I wonder what the Recon will get since he's being screwed out of motion mines and possibly the spotter scope (no one cares about the latter though)... I'm still excited because finally new, original maps. But as an avid Vietnam player (back in the day) I can't help but feel it's not getting the update it deserves.
no jets is no surprise to me. i mean, did you *really* expect jets? and yeah, the #1 thing i think about is "what does recon get!?". the #2 is "boy some people are gonna be pissed about not having a 4x scope!"

no jets is no surprise to me. i mean, did you *really* expect jets? and yeah, the #1 thing i think about is "what does recon get!?". the #2 is "boy some people are gonna be pissed about not having a 4x scope!"
I kinda figured they would not include them. The jets flying over the end of the trailer was just a cock tease. They could have made them like twice as fast as the planes in 1943 and no one would care. No afterburner/all range mode kind of thing. Meh.

olimpia84 said:
man that Arica Harbor match was stressful, I probably threw a record number of motion sensors in that game.
yeah if half the team wasn't sitting on the hill, it would have been over with, but instead we were in an endless battle of circular capping C and B with occasional trips to A.

TheSeks

yeah if half the team wasn't sitting on the hill, it would have been over with, but instead we were in an endless battle of circular capping C and B with occasional trips to A.

Yeah, that sucked. Sorry I'm out of my element trying to use the shotguns when I generally don't. I mean, I love them but they should be primary choices. Geez, I miss my AN-94. But I gotta gold star the Neostead before I go back to them (and gold star the Garad while I'm thinking of it. *siiigh*)

That team tonight headshot me a few times, but I did get them back a few. I'm not too good sniping up there and the 4x scope throws me off with the recoil a bit from up there/bullet travel time. UGH.

olimpia84

good games today with Fersis, rockscar and danthaman.
Towards the end I lost connection and didn't bother to go back online =/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
olimpia84 said:
good games today with Fersis, rockscar and danthaman.
Towards the end I lost connection and didn't bother to go back online =/
Yeah we were godlike.

Top 4 and best squad in every single match.

Ocho

Hey guys.

I've been away from BFBC2 for the last couple of weeks (playing other games) and I''m looking to get back into the fray. I've sent a couple of friend requests and hopefully we can team up again.

By the way, anyone knows what happened to Striketh? He hasn't been online for a while.

See you around, Gaffers.

EDIT: Woot, new handle. Also known as: 8bitgeorge. (Wish we could pay to change PSN ids..)

UFRA

BEEEEEEEEEEP

*Attention all GAF'ers, now paging Crak to the Rush department. Again, now paging Crak to the Rush department.*

Thank you.

TheSeks said:
You mean the "boxes"? It's possible to snipe/fire from the cracks up there. Or do you mean something else? Show me.

Yup that spot, and I know about the gaps between, but this guy was leaping, firing, killing consistently.

TheSeks

is everyone playing Conquest or something? i see like half a dozen peeps on

Nah, I was playing SSF4. Haven't been feeling too good today. Sorry.

UFRA said:
*Attention all GAF'ers, now paging Crak to the Rush department. Again, now paging Crak to the Rush department.*

:lol

Mr. Snrub said:

Weird. Gotta be some skills that only PC people can have, or a hack.

TheSeks said:
Nah, I was playing SSF4. Haven't been feeling too good today. Sorry.
i meant there were half a dozen GAF peeps in my friends list playing BC2, so i was wondering if the others were playing CQ. turns out they were all playing the same Rush game. not pretty for the other team.

UFRA

is everyone playing Conquest or something? i see like half a dozen peeps on

We played a few conquest matches today, all went real well.

Then we switched to rush and played mostly with a half-full server the entire time. Needed reinforcements. I was glad to see you join and then work with you on a nice C4 revenge on Valdez. :lol

Just played a horrible match of Isla though...ridiculously bad teammates. We ended up getting both crates destroyed when the enemy only had 3 tickets left. Both crates were gone within seconds of each other.

I had two different gunners in my HIND, and both of them were horrible. The entire map they got maybe 2 kills. Then I thought maybe they were good pilots rather than gunners, so I let one of them drive. Big mistake. There were 5 - yes, FIVE - guys all within 2 feet of each other on top of that last hill in Isla and I spotted them and started shooting as the chopper gunner. What does my pilot do? He flies straight into the mountain so I can't see them anymore and miss out on an epic massacre of kills.

uhg...weekend warriors. lol

Which is why I avoid weekends. It saves me the headache. I should have check this thread today, but it's too late.

I'll play tomorrow and the other days to make it up.

TheSeks

UFRA said:
and I spotted them and started shooting as the chopper gunner. What does my pilot do? He flies straight into the mountain so I can't see them anymore and miss out on an epic massacre of kills.

That type of shit pissed me off in Abu and Faceless' camping the enemy team on Atacama Conquest game Thursday. Some dude is flying alright and we're taking out dudes left and right. He suddenly gets REALLY low to the ground and slams into their tank and bails. It's like "WTF, dude. I may not be killing people fast enough for you, but I am at least defending. >:|"

I'm not sure if he was trying to get a helicopter roadkill for the trophy/achievement or not, but man if you're going for that use the UAV so you don't kill another person/waste two tickets trying to do that shit. :|

UFRA said:
We played a few conquest matches today, all went real well.

Then we switched to rush and played mostly with a half-full server the entire time. Needed reinforcements. I was glad to see you join and then work with you on a nice C4 revenge on Valdez. :lol

Just played a horrible match of Isla though...ridiculously bad teammates. We ended up getting both crates destroyed when the enemy only had 3 tickets left. Both crates were gone within seconds of each other.

I had two different gunners in my HIND, and both of them were horrible. The entire map they got maybe 2 kills. Then I thought maybe they were good pilots rather than gunners, so I let one of them drive. Big mistake. There were 5 - yes, FIVE - guys all within 2 feet of each other on top of that last hill in Isla and I spotted them and started shooting as the chopper gunner. What does my pilot do? He flies straight into the mountain so I can't see them anymore and miss out on an epic massacre of kills.

uhg...weekend warriors. lol
yeah after the first set of crates, i hopped on a jetski and was warping and teleporting around and got disconnected, then rejoined and got disconnected again, then the connection timed out to the PSN so i figured my ISP was being shitty again.

i wish the PS3 and 360 had multiple wifi configurations like the PSP/DS do so i could switch to my neighbor's wifi when my ISP is being crappy.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
That type of shit pissed me off in Abu and Faceless' camping the enemy team on Atacama Conquest game Thursday. Some dude is flying alright and we're taking out dudes left and right. He suddenly gets REALLY low to the ground and slams into their tank and bails. It's like "WTF, dude. I may not be killing people fast enough for you, but I am at least defending. >:|"

I'm not sure if he was trying to get a helicopter roadkill for the trophy/achievement or not, but man if you're going for that use the UAV so you don't kill another person/waste two tickets trying to do that shit. :|

lol yeah I really hate it when pilots bail out with me inside as well. Especially when it's a guy who had no intention of using the chopper for any reason other than getting from point A to B, and then ditching it.

As a pilot, I try to pay as much attention as possible to the enemy locations on the ground and position the chopper in a way that's most beneficial to the gunner. The guy who was flying me obviously wasn't paying attention at all to miss the 5 red triangles all grouped together as I was shooting them. We were shot down seconds later as well since he decided to hover shortly after that. I couldn't believe it. I'm rarely a gunner and I was so excited to demolish a pile of guys, but no...that was too good to be true for ol' pilot JM. :lol

Top Bottom