• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Crakatak187 said:
Doesn't seem like you guys had much fun today.
i had tons of fun until my ISP decided to screw up. we even held off a team of elite C4 quadders on Port Valdez! they had a tough time on the 3rd base :D

ok, that defending game on White Pass kinda sucked... most of the attacking team quit and we had brief periods of activity with the 2 guys that stayed and a few people who occasionally got added to the game.

As much as I hate those type of teams/clans I admit they spice things up a bit and make it entertaining. I said this last Friday on Nelson Bay.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
UFRA said:
I had two different gunners in my HIND, and both of them were horrible. The entire map they got maybe 2 kills. Then I thought maybe they were good pilots rather than gunners, so I let one of them drive. Big mistake. There were 5 - yes, FIVE - guys all within 2 feet of each other on top of that last hill in Isla and I spotted them and started shooting as the chopper gunner. What does my pilot do? He flies straight into the mountain so I can't see them anymore and miss out on an epic massacre of kills.

uhg...weekend warriors. lol

I want to be your gunner sometime... I'm pretty sick with a good pilot.

Yesterday was annoying. Whenever we get a full GAF group the other team either quits out or the sever dumps us. Then I rejoin and I'm always on the wrong side of the GAF death march.

We got handled in one Rush map yesterday though... almost all gaf on our side but they smoked us. Pretty impressive, I have to hand it to them... I was getting killed from every direction. Of course we never got a chance to return the favor on attack thanks to the crappy server.

todahawk

I'm getting a bad BC2 itch, think i'm gonna have to scratch after my tuesday mid-term.

Anyone jumping ship to MoH or Black Ops? I don't like what I've been hearing about MoH and don't think I'm up for a Modern Warfare twitch-fest.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
greenjerk said:
I'm getting a bad BC2 itch, think i'm gonna have to scratch after my tuesday mid-term.

Anyone jumping ship to MoH or Black Ops? I don't like what I've been hearing about MoH and don't think I'm up for a Modern Warfare twitch-fest.
Don't worry, anyone you might lost to MOH will be back quite quickly.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
greenjerk said:
I gave up on the MoH PS3 beta and from the looks of the PC beta thread things haven't improved much.
I played the first round of the beta on PC and will try new one tonight, but unless Dice has some black magic up their sleeve, they did not make more compelling than BC2 in any way.

todahawk

Stallion Free said:
I played the first round of the beta on PC and will try new one tonight, but unless Dice has some black magic up their sleeve, they did not make more compelling than BC2 in any way.

The gameplay didn't grab me at all and the lack of destructibility really bothered me. I REALLY wanted to like it too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
greenjerk said:
The gameplay didn't grab me at all and the lack of destructibility really bothered me. I REALLY wanted to like it too.
Yeah, it was frustrating coming right off BC2 into that because it looks enough like BC2 that I expected things to destruct like BC2 even though I knew they wouldn't. I wasted some many grenade launcher rounds from impulsive shots that would have worked in BC2 :(

UFRA

recklessmind said:
I want to be your gunner sometime... I'm pretty sick with a good pilot.

Yesterday was annoying. Whenever we get a full GAF group the other team either quits out or the sever dumps us. Then I rejoin and I'm always on the wrong side of the GAF death march.

We got handled in one Rush map yesterday though... almost all gaf on our side but they smoked us. Pretty impressive, I have to hand it to them... I was getting killed from every direction. Of course we never got a chance to return the favor on attack thanks to the crappy server.

Yeah I hate getting in on the wrong side, but luckily there's an easy way to get back onto the right side without leaving and re joining. (forgive me if you know this already)

As long as there's at least one open slot on the GAF team, then go to the 'invite friend to squad' screen and highlight the name of a GAF member you know that's on the opposite team. Then just press triangle to join the session and it transfers you right over to their team. :D

greenjerk said:

Anyone jumping ship to MoH or Black Ops? I don't like what I've been hearing about MoH and don't think I'm up for a Modern Warfare twitch-fest

I'll be getting Black Ops for sure, but by all means I won't be selling BC2. I will keep BC2 until the next BF game comes out. So I'll probably disappear for a while, but I won't be gone forever from this game.

todahawk

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, it was frustrating coming right off BC2 into that because it looks enough like BC2 that I expected things to destruct like BC2 even though I knew they wouldn't. I wasted some many grenade launcher rounds from impulsive shots that would have worked in BC2 :(
yup, i've been tempted to pre-order MoH just for the BF3 beta but i've got a backlog as it is and I'm just not sold on it. I still haven't finished up the Onslaught stuff in BC2! :lol

Evolved1

UFRA said:
Yeah I hate getting in on the wrong side, but luckily there's an easy way to get back onto the right side without leaving and re joining. (forgive me if you know this already)

As long as there's at least one open slot on the GAF team, then go to the 'invite friend to squad' screen and highlight the name of a GAF member you know that's on the opposite team. Then just press triangle to join the session and it transfers you right over to their team. :D

Holy crap I didn't know that. :lol

todahawk

UFRA said:

Holy shit, I did not know that! (didn't even catch that til evolved replied)
Tonight_Show_starring_Johnny_Carson_body.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
greenjerk said:

MoH :lol :lol :lol :lol
CoD :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

BF is all you need, bro. Until other FPS start giving you <D 2.0>/flushing snipers out of buildings, all other FPS suck.

UFRA

:lol

Well good I'm glad a few people didn't know that trick and I could help save some headaches.

I hate sitting through load times more than I need to, so any tricks that minimize having to sit through that loading surely helps. :D

Edit: The reaction you guys gave to that reminded me of my reaction when Seks mentioned that it's possible to mute people on your squad. This was my BC2 revelation that I never knew about. Couple hundred hours in and I had been putting up with annoying randoms on the mic all that time. :lol

Seems like DICE likes hiding clever little features in the game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
greenjerk said:

MEGA LOLZ !!

greenjerk said:

i like the ship i'm on.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
MoH :lol :lol :lol :lol
CoD :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

BF is all you need, bro. Until other FPS start giving you <D 2.0>/flushing snipers out of buildings, all other FPS suck.

Jesus Christ you bastards, I just asked a simple question!!!! :lol
I didn't think many of the core group would but thought I'd ask regardless. *crawls back into hole*

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
ochobit said:
Oh c'mon guys, you got to accept Treyarch is making a compelling MP experience (for once)!
Don't waste your time trying to convince the people in this thread. Seriously. Just go enjoy the discussion in the Black Ops thread.

Marvie_3

Banned
greenjerk said:

Hell nah. BC2 is the only FPS I need. :D

TheSeks

ochobit said:
Oh c'mon guys, you got to accept Treyarch is making a compelling MP experience (for once)!

After the bad taste MW2 left in my mouth, I want NOTHING to do with Call of Duty.
However, Black Ops seems to be fixing the fuck ups. But who knows what they'll break in return

Unless a person that I know at Treyarch off hand gives me a free copy, there is no way in hell I'm picking up it. I've got GT5 and LBP2 to hold me over between BB:CS/SSF4 and BC2, anyway.

Faceless said:
yeah, i played about 10 games of that. it's ok.

You're lucky to even get in games. I can't get any games going. :|

Jtrizzy

I wont be changing, other fps just seem too simplistic to the bf series. Why wouldn't you want full destructability, focus on teamwork/class based, and vehicles? Ill get kz3 to see the pretty graphics with 3d and move support, but will replace that with bf3 on a pc built around its specs and the ps3 version of course.

Ocho

Stallion Free said:
Don't waste your time trying to convince the people in this thread. Seriously. Just go enjoy the discussion in the Black Ops thread.

Not really wasting my time, since I don't mind if they play this or that; simply stating my own opinion to whoever would like to listen. On the same note, I've never played more than 2 hours of online MP in any of the CoD's iterations.

Long live BF!

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, i played about 10 games of that. it's ok.

i only had a couple of problems, usually restarting my router got me in (or it was just a coincidence) I put a ton of time in and had a blast, it's no BC2 but it was a nice change of pace.

todahawk

Crakatak187 said:
I bet Black ops is still going to be a balance cluster fuck with those knives.

I thought the whole new currency wager system seemed like a really, really bad idea. Guys go ballistic in MW2 over k/d, what happens when they start betting and losing due to lag? or lose all their money due to a tomahawk in the back? they'll be dudes hunting each other down.

btw crak, did you have a mode change your account name to match your psn id or am i thinking of someone else? if so, which one helped you out, i wanna switch my gaf account name to todhawk.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Craziest, epicenter of epicness match of all time !!!
WOOOW

Piggus

Getting new video card(s) this week, so I can't wait to get back into BC2. ^_^

I like the performance and damage in MoH, but performance won't really be an issue soon and I usually just play in HC servers anyway.

TheSeks

Deaf GAF squad:

If I'm placing C4 on the wall near A, PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ C4 THE WALL AS WELL.

Signed,

I don't give a fuck about "honor" when those bastards are cheesing the goddamn crates as well, me.

SMH @ Crack running into arm A only to die, I die trying to C4 the crate and no one is around to blow my C4 with a grenade to move the game forward. SMH. :|

This is why I don't play Rush. It raises my blood pressure when people are trying to be "honorific" and 99% of the playerbase isn't. God.

TheSeks

5 kills
19 deaths

4-5 crates destroyed via cheese.

3950 points in Laguna Presa.

SMH other team killing me instead of taking it all. :|

Today was alright but way too many rage quitting from the other team. H-Hour clan left after a single match because they couldn't win off cheesing.

My bad Jtrizzy, didn't know you were alone the whole time. I thought you had another gaffer in your squad. JM was about to keep you company but you logged off.

scoobs

man i keep going back to guns i had forgotten about and im having such a good time. Turns out the m249 SAW is unbelievable. :D

Holy crap.

Ran into this dude, VSS god.

Looked up my his stats...350+ hours, all Recon. He must have bought the Recon pack cause he barely has any other kill besides like 200ish with the GOL, BUT 9k kills with the VSS!
As Medic 1 kill, as Assualt 3, Eng 6....

I would rather eat glass then spending 350 hours doing the same shit everytime. I can admit, motion mines and VSS is awesome just like the AN-94 is almost as awesome, but god damn how can people play the same way for 10's of hundreds of hours!

I mean yeah I wanna win, I wanna have a positive K/D ratio but I cant play more then 1 round without changing classes 10 times or guns 20 times. Sure I have my favorites, 1500 with the M4, 1300 with the UMP, 1200 with the M60 and a couple 500+ ones...but, 350 hours tossing motion mines while using the VSS...ZZZZZzzzzZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZ snoozefest. Shit sounds like a job, mind numbing repetition.

Evolved1

Exhibit A

IHGxM.jpg

Exhibit B (emphasis mine)

TheSeks said:
Deaf GAF squad:

If I'm placing C4 on the wall near A, PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ C4 THE WALL AS WELL.

Signed,

I don't give a fuck about "honor" when those bastards are cheesing the goddamn crates as well, me.

SMH @ Crack running into arm A only to die, I die trying to C4 the crate and no one is around to blow my C4 with a grenade to move the game forward. SMH. :|

This is why I don't play Rush. It raises my blood pressure when people are trying to be "honorific" and 99% of the playerbase isn't. God.

Fersis

Epic Conquest Match:

- Outnumbered for most of the match.
- Our team was rubish.
- 30 - 40 minutes long.
- Final ticket count 5 - 0 or something like that.
- Got 6000 points (14000 with awards)
- 50 kills,20 deaths.
- God like GAF Squad which single handedly won the match.

Fersis said:
Epic Conquest Match:

- Outnumbered for most of the match.
- Our team was rubish.
- 30 - 40 minutes long.
- Final ticket count 5 - 0 or something like that.
- Got 6000 points (14000 with awards)
- 50 kills,20 deaths.
- God like GAF Squad which single handedly won the match.
is that the one where i had 35+ revives, or another epic match?

Deware80

Banned
greenjerk said:

I probably will for black ops. As much as I love BFBC2, I'm pretty sure Nazi Zombies 2.0 is going to be motherfucking awesome, probably the best survival mode out there (until gears 3 releases). I was disappointed with Onslaught mode, and Firefight from Halo Reach, so black ops will be bought (for the co-op) that these other games just don't have right now.

todahawk

Deware80 said:
I probably will for black ops. As much as I love BFBC2, I'm pretty sure Nazi Zombies 2.0 is going to be motherfucking awesome, probably the best survival mode out there (until gears 3 releases). I was disappointed with Onslaught mode, and Firefight from Halo Reach, so black ops will be bought (for the co-op) that these other games just don't have right now.
Yeah, I've heard rumors of Commie Zombies, there's a viral site out there somewhere. I'd love that.

Top Bottom