• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Deware80

Banned
greenjerk said:
Yeah, I've heard rumors of Commie Zombies, there's a viral site out there somewhere. I'd love that.

Not to derail the thread, but yeah it looks like they are almost making a separate campaign for it based off the youtube virals I'm seeing, I guess we'll find out everything on Halloween/end of month. Will be awesome. OK back to BFC2.

todahawk

Deware80 said:
Not to derail the thread, but yeah it looks like they are almost making a separate campaign for it based off the youtube virals I'm seeing, I guess we'll find out everything on Halloween/end of month. Will be awesome. OK back to BFC2.

shit, yeah, sorry for the derails. I've got my mid term in about an hour so i gotta get back to cramming... i'll be on tonight for some BC2 and beer.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crakatak187 said:
Today was alright but way too many rage quitting from the other team. H-Hour clan left after a single match because they couldn't win off cheesing.

Man, that match was annoying. We'd get them to 20-5 tickets, and then they'd UAV C4'ed. Pissed me off. Next round we nearly hold them off only for one to jump into the wreckage and C4 A. Third Set was a meatgrinder, with their fucking tanks (JESUS CHRIST I HATE V OPTICS) cheesing B, then A was held off by you guys annoying them and me going up the hill/flag A on Conquest to stop people while if I died someone else took them out.

Also: Neostead 2000 Gold Starred. Leaves the M1 Garand to Gold Star, and boat vehicles. But I fucking hate the boats and having to snipe on the back of a jetski just for those. ARGH.

but god damn how can people play the same way for 10's of hundreds of hours!

Why should he change if it works for him? If he likes playing assault sniper with the VSS, more power to him. I found the VSS good for that role, but I'm not too good with getting into places to do that and then quick-scoping/sniping the people. So more power to the people that can do that.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Pkm said:
I mean yeah I wanna win, I wanna have a positive K/D ratio but I cant play more then 1 round without changing classes 10 times or guns 20 times. Sure I have my favorites, 1500 with the M4, 1300 with the UMP, 1200 with the M60 and a couple 500+ ones...but, 350 hours tossing motion mines while using the VSS...ZZZZZzzzzZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZ snoozefest. Shit sounds like a job, mind numbing repetition.

I don't know why but I seem to fall into playing only recon and engineer. I think with the VSS/PP2000 it's also a particular playstyle that doesn't exist for other weapons. If you like running around hip shooting people while moving those are the two best weapons

my top 4 weapons:

pp2000 30 hours
vss 23 hours
ump 18 hours
m24 18 hours

5+:

GOL 7 hours
870 combat 7 hours

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Shai-Tan said:
I don't know why but I seem to fall into playing only recon and engineer. I think with the VSS/PP2000 it's also a particular playstyle that doesn't exist for other weapons. If you like running around hip shooting people while moving those are the two best weapons
I am very similar except I use the AKS-74U and UMP when playing as an engineer. The VSS is the only option for assault recon other than shotguns, which I used for a while, but playing on a laptop trackpad means I really need full auto to make up for my inaccurate aiming, and you pretty much have to use a slot for the slug ammo on shotguns also.

Shai-Tan

Banned
TheSeks said:
Why should he change if it works for him? If he likes playing assault sniper with the VSS, more power to him. I found the VSS good for that role, but I'm not too good with getting into places to do that and then quick-scoping/sniping the people. So more power to the people that can do that.

the way it works for me, at least on pc with the VSS is short 1 to 2 shot bursts or headshot. No quick scope up close mainly hip shoot. It kills your accuracy especially with no reticule but you can mow people down while circle strafing esp if you get good at making it hit headshots. No need to use a 4x scope - you're a sitting duck from medium distance anyway if scoped with a VSS as there's too much spread/recoil compared to other weapons

olimpia84

Fersis said:
Epic Conquest Match:

- Outnumbered for most of the match.
- Our team was rubish.
- 30 - 40 minutes long.
- Final ticket count 5 - 0 or something like that.
- Got 6000 points (14000 with awards)
- 50 kills,20 deaths.
- God like GAF Squad which single handedly won the match.

I have 500+ hours in this game and this was by far the most memorable match I've ever played.

For those wondering we started the match with only seven people (4 in our team 3 in the other) and even though we had a one man advantage it was tough to keep up because the other three people in the opposing team were really good and aggressive. Basically the first few minutes of the match revolved around capturing flags.
It was funny because we got C and D and they captured A and B and whenever we went to get B they went to get C and son on....we were pretty much running clockwise capturing the flags but this is how Conquest should be played anyways, top priority should be given to the flags and then the kills. After a few minutes we finally started to take advantage of the extra person we had in the team and we captured a third flag. After that people slowly started to join in and I think at that point we still had a man advantage, it was like 6 vs 5. We managed to build a 50+ or so lead and then all of the sudden they got more people so it was 6 vs 8 I believe (on top of that a level 50 and a high 40 joined their team) so we started losing position QUICK because they were so damn aggressive and our team was more 'relaxed'.

By that point thakfully 8bitgeorge and faceless joined in although it was a bit tad late because we already lost position big time. Our lead started to shrink and they pretty much had us 'stuck' in A and B. At that point our goal just to hold those two flags and hope the tickets went down evenly so that we would win the match but they were too damn offensive and slowly we started losing the flags...it was so damn frustrating.
They managed to capture all the flags (at that point I was like oh shit we lost for sure) and the key part of the victory came when I snuck past B and went to D. Both faceless and Fersis started to capture D while I went myself to capture C. At that point we created a diversion that made the other team leave A and B and that allowed the rest of the 'useless' team to capture A and B back. As expected C and D were inmediately capture by the other team but at least we managed to get A and B back. From that point on it was back to "hold" the flags as best as we could although we were going to need more than that since our 50+ ticket lead got evaporated and we were losing by about 15 tickets. At that point it was 15 tickets for us against 30 so our chances of winning were pretty much zero with them being as aggressive as they were. At that point I started screaming "everybody spawn as a medic and keep reviving all the bodies". All of our squad comprised of medics, and at that point I wasn't even holding a gun...I had the defibrillator out in my hands at all times and so did the rest of my squads. Esentially, we played the "true" role of a medic, we just kept reviving the dead bodies while our team killed the other team. Miraculously, we managed to win 4 tickets to zero....I was so fucking intense that I just can't describe it because when I looked at the counter it was 2 vs 4, then I guess we revived two people and killed 4 in a matter of seconds... :lol

In short: best BC2 match I've ever played.
Finished the round with 51 kills and 30 deaths and 7300 points
My 'pin' list at the end of the match was endless and most of them were motions assists since I played as recon 95% of the match (I only switched to medic at the very end to keep reviving people and win the game) :D

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Shai-Tan said:
the way it works for me, at least on pc with the VSS is short 1 to 2 shot bursts or headshot. No quick scope up close mainly hip shoot. It kills your accuracy especially with no reticule but you can mow people down while circle strafing esp if you get good at making it hit headshots. No need to use a 4x scope - you're a sitting duck from medium distance anyway if scoped with a VSS as there's too much spread/recoil compared to other weapons
I usually use the red dot sight, unless I am using C4 on MCOM's.

TheSeks

Shai-Tan said:

When I was gold starring the VSS a month or so ago, I played it as a cockroach. I ran into buildings to snipe and then left the building to go to another building to snipe. It was basically "assault rifle, but with being a sitting duck" for me, as hip firing the sniper rifle is weird and no reticle throws me off. :/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
* Hugs Olimpia *

That wasnt a game, that was war buddy. @___@

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
Deaf GAF squad:

If I'm placing C4 on the wall near A, PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ C4 THE WALL AS WELL.

Signed,

I don't give a fuck about "honor" when those bastards are cheesing the goddamn crates as well, me.

SMH @ Crack running into arm A only to die, I die trying to C4 the crate and no one is around to blow my C4 with a grenade to move the game forward. SMH. :|

This is why I don't play Rush. It raises my blood pressure when people are trying to be "honorific" and 99% of the playerbase isn't. God.

Yeah, when it comes to those level 50 clans that have their clan's name in their username you gotta play dirty back to them. That's why I was playing C4 assault, I managed to blow up B in the first set after 8bitgeroge suicide-drove near the crate but that was the only way to get there.

In the second set I didn't quite understand why you told me to go for B instead of A since B is so much easier to take out because you can demo the building. I had the option to get to A and at least arm it/damage it but I received your message right there and I figured you had something planned for that crate. Anyways, I went for B and I managed to arm the crate and it got destroyed but then A was impossible to get since they all just stood by it and defended it pretty well.

Defense was frustrating because they were using they cheap ass tactics (as I expected) but it's so worth it when you go to the next match and you see everybody rage quit :D

Donos

Is there a place where german GAFer play regularly (PC Version) ?
Just started BFBC2 a week ago, now lvl 8. I'm in love. I didn't even tried TF2 once although the new update is out.

Anyone uses a gamepad for the helis ?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
When I was gold starring the VSS a month or so ago, I played it as a cockroach. I ran into buildings to snipe and then left the building to go to another building to snipe. It was basically "assault rifle, but with being a sitting duck" for me, as hip firing the sniper rifle is weird and no reticle throws me off. :/

I've been playing a lot of assault recon with the VSS... I go with the ACOG since the rifle is useless with standard scope and RDS sucks in BFBC.

Almost everything is from the hip because the spread is ridiculous on things even in ACOG range... fucking shotguns are more accurate. But two or three bursts in CQB and the VSS is almost always the winner -- especially when you have the drop on them thanks to motion mines. I remember one conquest round on AH when I was beasting with it and by the end almost the whole other team had switched their kits to recon/VSS. :lol

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
In the second set I didn't quite understand why you told me to go for B instead of A since B is so much easier to take out because you can demo the building. I had the option to get to A and at least arm it/damage it but I received your message right there and I figured you had something planned for that crate. Anyways, I went for B and I managed to arm the crate and it got destroyed but then A was impossible to get since they all just stood by it and defended it pretty well.

I took out three of the four walls when I was on their team playing defense for B. So I was trying to get you guys to take it out so you didn't waste tickets on it.

A, I got about 1/2-3/4 of the way dead, but Crack and the rest of GAF kept going into the hole instead of just C4ing the damn thing. Fuck you guys, fuck you guys and trying to play "honorific." :lol

Evolved1

I think the word you're looking for is "honorably". :lol

edit: I want to play so bad right now but I have exams today through thursday... :/

Ocho

recklessmind said:

edit: I want to play so bad right now but I have exams today through thursday... :/

I'm on the same situation + work. :(

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Well this is no fun at all.

I don't think I've been able to finish a single round without being disconnected.
Anybody know how to solve this? I'm only getting these disconnects in bad company 2.

I'm on a thomson router if that matters...

todahawk

EXAMS ARE DONE!
But gawdammit I hate this instructor. Complete bullshit pulling super tiny minutiae for exam questions. Get with the fucking modern era and stop having people memorize tedious bullshit I've forgotten 5 seconds out of the test. Concepts FTW!

Anyway, unless Mrs. Todahawk needs me I'll be hunkered down in the basement with beers, headset and BC2 later tonight.

Be nice! I haven't played in ahwile.

Ocho

Corky said:
Well this is no fun at all.

I don't think I've been able to finish a single round without being disconnected.
Anybody know how to solve this? I'm only getting these disconnects in bad company 2.

I'm on a thomson router if that matters...

I had the same issues until I swapped my thomson router for a new one (non-thomson).

However, I used to play with GAF people, and I noticed a trend: I only got disconnected once from a server, but if I reconnected to that same server (by following a teammate back in, etc -- randomly joining a game wouldn't work, 'cuz you usually join another server), I wouldn't get disconnected again (until I joined another server, of course).

Kind of like the router adapting to the server only after the second time you connect. Weird and lame. I lost countless top-scoring medals due to that particular issue..

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
EXAMS ARE DONE!
But gawdammit I hate this instructor. Complete bullshit pulling super tiny minutiae for exam questions. Get with the fucking modern era and stop having people memorize tedious bullshit I've forgotten 5 seconds out of the test. Concepts FTW!

Anyway, unless Mrs. Todahawk needs me I'll be hunkered down in the basement with beers, headset and BC2 later tonight.

Be nice! I haven't played in ahwile.

play on thursday/friday night so i can play too...

edit: I was on for a couple hours earlier w/o any gaffers and after a few matches I was thinking, "Oh... so this is what it's like to get ace pins."

You guys are too good, not enough points to go around when everyone is together.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
play on thursday/friday night so i can play too...

edit: I was on for a couple hours earlier w/o any gaffers and after a few matches I was thinking, "Oh... so this is what it's like to get ace pins."

You guys are too good, not enough points to go around when everyone is together.

Will do. I'll be on for sure Friday night.
Yeah, i know what you mean about Ace pins, I've only gotten a few when playing with gaffers. The odd thing is that the last one i got was when I hadn't played in about a month, I hopped on and at the end of next full match i thought i played OK but laughed when I saw I got an ace pin.

recklessmind said:

Everybody knows I play with honor unless I'm counter cheesing but that's only on Arica Harbor.

abuC

My top weapons:

M14 26h 22m 52s 1503
870 Combat 18h 21m 37s 1306
M416 16h 57m 41s 1128
XM8 Prototype 12h 06m 20s 986
NEOSTEAD 2000 11h 58m 23s 963
UMP-45 23h 48m 38s 873
M60 LMG 08h 55m 57s 794
WWII M1A1 Thompson 13h 11m 30s 792

And kills with them, shotgun attachment on the AR is 1060 kills.

Evolved1

Crakatak187 said:
Everybody knows I play with honor unless I'm counter cheesing but that's only on Arica Harbor.

I don't think cheese-first (especially when picking my kit) but I'll counter with it... or if GAF is in the cheese mood I'll follow suit.

For instance...I'd never take a kit with extra C4/Explosive buff. Just not my style. But I'll throw some C4 on there once in a while to get some free objective damage points.

Most cheap thing I do on a regular basis is use the tank cannon from long range. I don't run with optics (prefer fast reload) but I very rarely charge in with a tank unless we're making a final push on a crate or something. I can often keep the same tank alive through an entire AH rush game... helps to have a good gunner and engineer though.

abuC

I have no honor in this game, my goal is to crush you, see you driven before me and hear the lamentation of your women.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
abuC said:
I have no honor in this game, my goal is to crush you, see you driven before me and hear the lamentation of your women.
Which is true once abuC gets a Tank.
Best tank driver/pilot ever.

Ok going online!

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:

I too like to play honorable against other honorable people. If we are defending and the enemy team is only arming the crates, then I'll be glad to play the same way when it's our turn to attack.

However, the moment I see a C4 UAV, or some guy running in with his squad buddies with C4, or people shooting rockets at the crates, or using tanks to shoot the crates, then I don't want to give any more chances.

Especially when we're playing with Sekoku or Faceless. I really like doing C4 ops with them. :lol

TheSeks said:
Also: Neostead 2000 Gold Starred. Leaves the M1 Garand to Gold Star, and boat vehicles. But I fucking hate the boats and having to snipe on the back of a jetski just for those. ARGH.
Laguna Presa Conquest. park under the waterfall near A. worked for me!

yeah, VSS has the highest DPS in the game. that's my White Pass Rush defense gun.

olimpia84 said:
In short: best BC2 match I've ever played.
Finished the round with 51 kills and 30 deaths and 7300 points
My 'pin' list at the end of the match was endless and most of them were motions assists since I played as recon 95% of the match (I only switched to medic at the very end to keep reviving people and win the game)
yeah, i had like 4k and was like 20 kills 20 deaths and i had SEVEN revive pins (among others) which is 35-39 revives!

RiverBed

Banned
What is the level cap per class, 12000?

Also, I logged into my EA account on the official BC2 site and all my stats are zeroes. Do I have to do something from my PS3 first for my stats to show up on the site?

TheSeks

abuC said:

Seriously.

Playing with honor in rush will just make you lose. You need to be in the "cheese mode" all the damn time.

and hear the lamentation of your women.

Soon, the Battlefield textbooks will be censoring the "Rape of AbuC." ;) :lol

Faceless said:
Laguna Presa Conquest. park under the waterfall near A. worked for me!

I'll have to try that if we're playing Conquest this Thursday/weekend. I'm kinda busy tomorrow and Thursday evening (though should be done in time for BC2 Thursday) so I've been failing in BB:CS against BBCSGAF. :lol

UFRA said:
I too like to play honorable against other honorable people. If we are defending and the enemy team is only arming the crates, then I'll be glad to play the same way when it's our turn to attack.

However, the moment I see a C4 UAV, or some guy running in with his squad buddies with C4, or people shooting rockets at the crates, or using tanks to shoot the crates, then I don't want to give any more chances.

Especially when we're playing with Sekoku or Faceless. I really like doing C4 ops with them. :lol
:lol :lol :lol

C4 ops. You and Faceless had a lot tonight while I was mini raging :lol

i don't really play "with honor", i just don't C4 a team that isn't C4ign me because i don't want to encourage the other team to do it. if they're already doing it, they'll get it in return.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
ochobit said:
I had the same issues until I swapped my thomson router for a new one (non-thomson).

However, I used to play with GAF people, and I noticed a trend: I only got disconnected once from a server, but if I reconnected to that same server (by following a teammate back in, etc -- randomly joining a game wouldn't work, 'cuz you usually join another server), I wouldn't get disconnected again (until I joined another server, of course).

Kind of like the router adapting to the server only after the second time you connect. Weird and lame. I lost countless top-scoring medals due to that particular issue..

thanks, that sounds like my problem alright, just like you if I reconnect to the server I just got disconnected from I wont get disconnected from said server. But if I join another server the chances are to 99% that I'll get disconnected within 10minutes.

Crakatak187 said:
I just want one final good patch to balance everything that's all I want Dice.

YES

My final dream patch would be focused on fixing rush. Make crates repairable if the damage done by explosives isn't changed, OR greatly reduce the amount of damage explosives do to them. That alone would make such a huge damned difference.

Plus I'm still hoping that the rumor of 2 new maps and 2 BC1 remakes is true.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Mr. Snrub said:
YES

My final dream patch would be focused on fixing rush. Make crates repairable if the damage done by explosives isn't changed, OR greatly reduce the amount of damage explosives do to them. That alone would make such a huge damned difference.

Plus I'm still hoping that the rumor of 2 new maps and 2 BC1 remakes is true.

this would do, but no repairing for crates please

Finally hit Rank 50 after getting this game in around March.

ps3_CraKATaK187.png

vixlar

Crakatak187 said:
I just want one final good patch to balance everything that's all I want Dice.

What I want is a solucion on C4 on vehicles.

Your C4 muts destroy your own vehicle, at least UAV. And, an idea I had, if a vehicle is charged with C4, it must be destroyed with a single shot!!!

I hate when I discover a C4 UAV, I destroy it, but my enemies can activate the C4 when te UAV is spinning to death.

Sorry to all who sent me invites and I havent joined up this last month. I usually miss them and never check my inbox.
I know Gazer sent me a few and I hope I didnt like a D-bag for not responding and such.
The other night my game if FIFA ran long and then a rematch was proposed.
On top of that 2 guys from my work finally got the game. Both are very new to gaming so I helped them quite a bit. To add to that 1 guy is young and kinda talks far to much shit, even when he his doing poorly he is still poping shit like he is the man...the other guy is in his late 40's and has the worse reaction time Ive ever seen, I think at 40 hours in he is rocking a .2 K/D ratio and refuses to deal with his VIP code not working.
I feel bad leaving them since I see them personally everyday and I'd hate to ask if you had room for them or bring them along.

Pkm said:
Sorry to all who sent me invites and I havent joined up this last month. I usually miss them and never check my inbox.
I know Gazer sent me a few and I hope I didnt like a D-bag for not responding and such.
The other night my game if FIFA ran long and then a rematch was proposed.
On top of that 2 guys from my work finally got the game. Both are very new to gaming so I helped them quite a bit. To add to that 1 guy is young and kinda talks far to much shit, even when he his doing poorly he is still poping shit like he is the man...the other guy is in his late 40's and has the worse reaction time Ive ever seen, I think at 40 hours in he is rocking a .2 K/D ratio and refuses to deal with his VIP code not working.
I feel bad leaving them since I see them personally everyday and I'd hate to ask if you had room for them or bring them along.
bring them along!

aristotle

man I haven't played this in months with you guys. I miss the epic gaf battles. I'm thinking I may jump right back in this weekend if anyone is playing on the ps3. I gotta get back into FPS mode with MoH and BO coming.

todahawk

Pkm said:

me x2, but sometimes if I ignore an invite its because my wife is using the PS3.

greenjerk said:
me x2, but sometimes if I ignore an invite its because my wife is using the PS3.

Worse part is now my son HAS to use my account to play online because of VIP pass, EA pass for FIFA etc..
So chance our sometimes these invites in my box are now occuring when he is playing.

Top Bottom