• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Pkm said:
Worse part is now my son HAS to use my account to play online because of VIP pass, EA pass for FIFA etc..
So chance our sometimes these invites in my box are now occuring when he is playing.
i dunno about FIFA, but in BC2, you can use other accounts and still play VIP maps. my friend has played BC2 on a different account on PS3 and i've played on another account on 360, although at launch, it didn't work on 360 (didn't try on PS3).

Cheech

The Faceless Master said:
i love how he laughs about the compass "oh, isn't that useful" yeah it fucking is, why was it removed from BC2!?!?!? it was in the early builds!!!

It's a pisser. It would make it so much easier to describe location and heading to your teammates.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
i love how he laughs about the compass "oh, isn't that useful" yeah it fucking is, why was it removed from BC2!?!?!? it was in the early builds!!!
I asked Demize99 about a compass:

Demize99 said:
No plans to add a compass. I suppose I could say "we're not looking into that."
Bummer.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
bring them along!

You just want the revive points. :lol

Toda said:
how long you been at 43?

Just hit it this weekend. 12000 points takes FOREVER for me, it seems. I'm not the magical points machine Faceless is. :/

vixlar said:
What I want is a solucion on C4 on vehicles.

Your C4 muts destroy your own vehicle, at least UAV. And, an idea I had, if a vehicle is charged with C4, it must be destroyed with a single shot!!!

I hate when I discover a C4 UAV, I destroy it, but my enemies can activate the C4 when te UAV is spinning to death.
seriously, no team damage on a vehicle your teammate is in basically makes vehicles invincible to normal vehicle destroying amounts of damage.
BC2's current damage model with no Killcam, BC1 style team damage and no regenerating health would be awesome.

Fersis said:
I asked Demize99 about a compass:

Bummer.
it's not even really adding it per se! IT WAS IN THE EARLY BUILDS!!! there's videos! i remember i made a post comparing the Vietnam HUD to the BC2 HUD. i wonder who decided "man, those compass directions are really cluttering the HUD..." and got it removed...

TheSeks said:
You just want the revive points. :lol
nah, i only really play Medic on Nelson Bay Conquest... plus, like i said one time (to a great response) i don't even need the points!
Just hit it this weekend. 12000 points takes FOREVER for me, it seems. I'm not the magical points machine Faceless is. :/
if i'm a point machine, what is abuC?

abuC said:
Almost at 500 ace pins :D
see what i mean!

It's funny that amazing, last stand wins as defenders are that much more frustrating as an attacker. Friend and I had two rounds as attackers on Port Valdez where we got stonewalled on the last MCOM. First time it was MCOM A that was left, second time it was MCOM B.

With MCOM A, our squad actually reach the MCOM and armed it, but then the defenders swarmed and took us all out, except one--a fucking recon who hid away at the second floor of the trailer and didn't bother to run down and kill the one guy disarming it after we had fought/died. This happened TWICE (as we respawned on him immediately to try again).

Second time, we were just ROLLING through the opposing team the whole round. Our squad takes out MCOM A and we died trying to get into MCOM B (I think their whole team was inside). After that, no one got near it. :(

Mr. Snrub said:
It's funny that amazing, last stand wins as defenders are that much more frustrating as an attacker. Friend and I had two rounds as attackers on Port Valdez where we got stonewalled on the last MCOM. First time it was MCOM A that was left, second time it was MCOM B.

With MCOM A, our squad actually reach the MCOM and armed it, but then the defenders swarmed and took us all out, except one--a fucking recon who hid away at the second floor of the trailer and didn't bother to run down and kill the one guy disarming it after we had fought/died. This happened TWICE (as we respawned on him immediately to try again).

Second time, we were just ROLLING through the opposing team the whole round. Our squad takes out MCOM A and we died trying to get into MCOM B (I think their whole team was inside). After that, no one got near it. :(
yeah, Final B on Port Valdez (and Nelson Bay) is rough if A is destroyed first and everyone piles in. throw a few sensors, ammo boxes and health kits into the mix and have people fairly spread out and it's crazy tough to get in.

todahawk

Pkm said:
Worse part is now my son HAS to use my account to play online because of VIP pass, EA pass for FIFA etc..
So chance our sometimes these invites in my box are now occuring when he is playing.

My wife is usually watching movies on it. Last game she tried playing was Resident Evil 5 but the controls made no sense to here and the movement was making her dizzy.

She asked me the other day who all the people were with the weird names that kept coming online.

I'm gonna try to get on tonight, need some stress relief.

TheSeks

BC2's current damage model with no Killcam, BC1 style team damage and no regenerating health would be awesome.

Until the griefers came, and even then it wouldn't get people to play proper medics. *MUMBLEGRUMBLE*

nah, i only really play Medic on Nelson Bay Conquest... plus, like i said one time (to a great response) i don't even need the points!

You don't, but I do. STOP HOGGING MY REVIVE POINTS! :D

if i'm a point machine, what is abuC?

He's the point generator.

*badly photoshopped AbuC as God and Faceless as Adam "creation of the world" by Leo.jpg*

I'll be playing when I get home today. Just put in two rounds. I only have 10 more M1 Garand kills left for the Gold Star and then I have to worry about boats while going back to my comfort weapons. :lol

TheSeks said:
Until the griefers came, and even then it wouldn't get people to play proper medics. *MUMBLEGRUMBLE*

You don't, but I do. STOP HOGGING MY REVIVE POINTS! :D

*badly photoshopped AbuC as God and Faceless as Adam "creation of the world" by Leo.jpg*

I'll be playing when I get home today. Just put in two rounds. I only have 10 more M1 Garand kills left for the Gold Star and then I have to worry about boats while going back to my comfort weapons. :lol
yeah, i'm doing the boat kills on 360, got a few left for gold. oh yeah, in addition to my previous tips, PICK V-ELECT for vehicles if you're gonna park a Jetski under the waterfall! some of the people you kill get really angry about it and come raging! V-Elect saved me a few times :D

abuC

TheSeks said:

:lol :lol

Only in conquest, in Rush my SPM hovers around 270, conquest it's 360 ish.

PICK V-ELECT for vehicles if you're gonna park a Jetski under the waterfall! some of the people you kill get really angry about it and come raging! V-Elect saved me a few times :D

That's some next level thinking, Im going to have to do that!

Fersis said:
Interview about BFBC2 Vietnam

I like what theyre doing with the experience points progression.

Nice, thanks!

So, from the video:

-Possibly day/night variations of the maps (or a day/night cycle)
-Every map WILL have a Rush/Conquest variation
-Exact same engine in BC2, minor improvements in visuals
-Compass (as we all know)
-Experience points carry over from BC2

Have they said whether or not all the guns have to be unlocked via levels, or is everything just going to be open from the start?

TheSeks

yeah, i'm doing the boat kills on 360, got a few left for gold. oh yeah, in addition to my previous tips, PICK V-ELECT for vehicles if you're gonna park a Jetski under the waterfall! some of the people you kill get really angry about it and come raging! V-Elect saved me a few times :D

Weird. You'd think a JETSKI wouldn't have a radar, but... :lol

Abu said:
Only in conquest, in Rush my SPM hovers around 270, conquest it's 360 ish.

Better than my ~50-1-200 SPM. :/

abuC

olimpia84 said:
Same here! I'm sitting at 495 now :D

:D

468 out of 1539 games.

Guy on my friends list is crazy good, doesn't really play anymore, he had 510 out of 879 games (And a 3.6 KDR) . Just call him Mr. Ace Pin.

UFRA

Hey abuC sorry about last night on Atacama. I know you were frequently calling for a ride in the chopper, I saw the icon on the map flashing several times. Since it was a stolen chopper I was too worried about being shot down when going in for a pick up. lol

Mr. Snrub said:
Nice, thanks!

So, from the video:

-Possibly day/night variations of the maps (or a day/night cycle)
-Every map WILL have a Rush/Conquest variation
-Exact same engine in BC2, minor improvements in visuals
-Compass (as we all know)
-Experience points carry over from BC2

Have they said whether or not all the guns have to be unlocked via levels, or is everything just going to be open from the start?
yeah, what i heard was
-Possibly 1 map is set at night in some modes (i mean, just the way the reaction was)
-All 4 modes will be playable in some form (maybe not all modes on every map, the answer was worded funny)

TheSeks said:
Weird. You'd think a JETSKI wouldn't have a radar, but... :lol

Better than my ~50-1-200 SPM. :/
there are people that use V-Elect on Arica Harbor Conquest! just sit on a quad in a garage and wait...

abuC

UFRA said:
Hey abuC sorry about last night on Atacama. I know you were frequently calling for a ride in the chopper, I saw the icon on the map flashing several times. Since it was a stolen chopper I was too worried about being shot down when going in for a pick up. lol

No prob, I was just going to shoot rockets out of it :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Crakatak187 said:
When GT5 comes out, I'm definitely going to take a tiny break from BFBC2.

Yeah... I bought a wheel for that shit. Can't wait. There really aren't enough hours in a day.

Edit: wow my first game after waiting all day to play and now I couldn't care less... rush can be so fucking stupid. DICE really sucks sometimes. They talk about all the things they do to keep the game fast paced and discourage camping (like removing prone) but they they let assholes C4 crates through walls or from different floors... and all the other non C4 people are stupid fucking recons who just snipe and drop mortars (why does this affect my aim so bad Im not even near the impact zone) from ten miles away until they have 20 tickets... and then they cheese the crate after you've put up with their bullshit pussy tactics for 15 mins. This game promotes douchey play... and current RUSH rules do more to encourage camping retards than something like prone ever did.

BC2 is incredibly fun at times... I think it's somehow successful despite the developers best efforts to ruin it. I really doubt their ability to balance gameplay or to design a solid framework for any particular game mode.

Ok now that I got the bitching out of my system... I'll go back to playing
conquest

TheSeks

Dubbed's helicopter is scary (WHOOO CIRCLE STRAFE) unless he's distracted, in which case he becomes your anti-aircraft bitch. :lol

Too many people on. We can't have them all on the same team without the other team leaving. :lol

TheSeks

LMAO. Was that last kill in the defending Arica Rush round your tank shell hitting the UAV controller at the first set, Abu? That was hilarious. :lol

Edit: LOOOOOOL "@ six C4 ATV back-and-forth trips with UFRA in an empty server after a LONG (~1 hour?) sniping pissing match until DICE gets people in there.

I also got UFRA humping killcams now after annoying bastards. :lol

UFRA

TheSeks said:
LMAO. Was that last kill in the defending Arica Rush round your tank shell hitting the UAV controller at the first set, Abu? That was hilarious. :lol

Edit: LOOOOOOL "@ six C4 ATV back-and-forth trips with UFRA in an empty server after a LONG (~1 hour?) sniping pissing match until DICE gets people in there.

I also got UFRA humping killcams now after annoying bastards. :lol

:lol :lol

Yeah that guy sneaking around the back of our base on Arica Harbor was annoying me. I shot him a ton of times, and was chasing him for like a minute. Finally you got him and I had to hump him in celebration of his failed tank stealing mission.

What a long and drawn out battle that was between a bunch of snipers on Laguna Presa. Sheesh. However, I managed to make 20,000 points that round. Platinum star'd my AT4, and got the 100 sniper headshots award. 15,000 alone just between those two awards, then misc. points up to 20k. :D

The best part was embarassing the guys with "PRO" as their clan tag as I sniped snipers with my AT4's.

TheSeks

UFRA said:
The best part was embarassing the guys with "PRO" as their clan tag as I sniped snipers with my AT4's.

Yeah, after my anti-tank mines at the start they hesistated. Sorry about that!

Also most of the other team rage quit after we cheese moded. That's what happens when you abuse UAV C4 even once, assholes. >:|

I'm also surprised you were able to hit people with the AT4 across the map. I could barely see shit with the HDR+Bloom in snipers.

It was like a good five or ten minutes before I went "FUCK THIS SHIT!" *runs into mortar so I don't suicide for nothing*

Sniper HEADSHOT!

(Hump the killcam of "SO PRO" clan)

and then you join me and then Crack got bored and joined us and I'm like "NO! I NEED AMMO DAMN IT!"

Then it was practically musical chairs for all the classes until those 4 people joined and ran the tickets out.

Didn't miss much really faceless. Not much Gaffers stayed long today. Olimpia and 8 bit played for an hour or so and after that it was me, JM, Seks, and Abu.

Funny thing you guys forgot to mention the Nelson Bay match on defending. Those guys were actually C4ing the M-COMs instead of collapsing it. After they took the first base three of us hopped on a heavy gunner and shot most of the trees down in a short amount of time. The cheesers were left with no option other then sniping :D

I guess we got a new gaf Nelson bay strategy. Triple heavy gun trees right after first base. Less then a minute all the good trees were down.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
Didn't miss much really faceless. Not much Gaffers stayed long today. Olimpia and 8 bit played for an hour or so and after that it was me, JM, Seks, and Abu.

Funny thing you guys forgot to mention the Nelson Bay match on defending. Those guys were actually C4ing the M-COMs instead of collapsing it. After they took the first base three of us hopped on a heavy gunner and shot most of the trees down in a short amount of time. The cheesers were left with no option other then sniping :D

I guess we got a new gaf Nelson bay strategy. Triple heavy gun trees right after first base. Less then a minute all the good trees were down.

:lol

You're right, I forgot about that.

I remember at one point on that map, I was standing behind some crates waiting to see some enemies, and then I was like, "Hmm, what's the rest of my squad doing?"

I look at your names, and all 3 of you guys had the stationary weapon logo next to your name, and I pressed pause to check the map, sure enough. You're all on 50 cals just destroying those guys. :lol

Snowballo

"-Experience points carry over from BC2"

Does it mean that I will start the game from the same level I've reached in Bad Company 2?

Do we have a release date yet?

TheSeks said:
Dubbed's helicopter is scary (WHOOO CIRCLE STRAFE) unless he's distracted, in which case he becomes your anti-aircraft bitch. :lol

:lol I actually flew the Havoc better than Apache last night for some reason. Though when evolved wasn't gunning I made the opposing chopper my air bitch and single-seated shot them down as a full chopper. AA messed me up Valdez, got that 1 good hit and sent me spinning before I could get a second volley in.

Valdez is just tricky to fly on Atacama is by comparison easy dodging the AAA.

The Arica GAF v GAF Conquest was insane I even pulled out the AEK and I think the final tally was like 2-0 and you guys won. Though our Gaf squad (8bit evolved and I) manged a comeback on the second Valdez.

TheSeks

UFRA said:
:lol

You're right, I forgot about that.

I remember at one point on that map, I was standing behind some crates waiting to see some enemies, and then I was like, "Hmm, what's the rest of my squad doing?"

I look at your names, and all 3 of you guys had the stationary weapon logo next to your name, and I pressed pause to check the map, sure enough. You're all on 50 cals just destroying those guys. :lol

:lol Well, to be honest the trees were already down when I got on them. I'm not sure who did that, but thanks! They were down by the time they took A by C4'ing it.

What's hilarious about that match to me is I pissed them off enough to where they took out the Heavy MG. I go climb the walls and cover the UAV ("FUCK YOU YOU ASSHOLES YOU AREN'T GETTING ON THAT THING!" was my words), only to go around their base, snipe about 4-5 of them with the G3 and have them trying to take me out.

NOPE.avi, I get back up the walls and kill them any time they took me out. :lol

Yeah that guy sneaking around the back of our base on Arica Harbor was annoying me. I shot him a ton of times, and was chasing him for like a minute. Finally you got him and I had to hump him in celebration of his failed tank stealing mission.

Arica was lagging BAD for me, last night. I was getting a bunch of warping when moving past barriers and shitty hit detection. :|

What's funny about that for me was I was in Abu's tank (with V RELOAD so he could fire continuously) it is taken out by mortar (IIRC), as I'm firing on the humvee/jeep of that dude. I get out, run THROUGH the base as you chase him. XM8 Compact him near the stationary AT facing the main road. NOPE, don't get him.

"FUCKING DAMN IT! :mad:" (switch to pistol, go running through the trailers. He stops.)

ATATATATATATATA.

TheSeks <MP-413 Pistol> DudeRunningAroundTheBase

"EAT SHIT! :mad:" (You're humping the killcam)

And it wasn't that one time, either. You humped someone on the second set, IIRC. :lol

Dubbed said:
got that 1 good hit and sent me spinning before I could get a second volley in.

That was actually REALLY lucky as it had about 10% of it's health left when I took you out.

Then you guys stole the helicopter of dream's team (who I switched to) and someone tracered it and I RPG'ed the helicopter. I'm not sure if I took it out as I died from it's volley, but I do know I got some points taking it out.

Wthermans

Banned
Snowballo said:
"-Experience points carry over from BC2"

Does it mean that I will start the game from the same level I've reached in Bad Company 2?

Do we have a release date yet?
Experience points from BC2 don't carry over to BC2: Vietnam. It's the other way around. Any points you get while playing Vietnam will increase your experience in Vanilla BC2 the same amount.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Fersis said:
Dubinenglish chopper is scary.

Lucky for us we had Rockscar2 'The Chopper Killer' on our squad.

By the way.. should i make a new thread for Vietnam once its close to release?

Blog Post about the Tanks of BFBC2 Vietnam.

Rockscar was nasty with the AA gun... took us down a bunch of times. Probably my fault since I just couldn't seem to kill him with the cannon. I didn't really start to click with Dubb's flying until the end.

abuC

UFRA said:

Yeah, it was like two different clans on that team and they kept catching Ls :lol

You're a monster with that AT4 too, could shoot a bead of sweat off a gnats forehead with it.

I REALLY hope that BC2V has some sort of server option to balance teams while taking into account ranks. No fun going against a team with 6 50's. Or have the option to lock servers to certain player levels.

Mr. Snrub said:
I REALLY hope that BC2V has some sort of server option to balance teams while taking into account ranks. No fun going against a team with 6 50's. Or have the option to lock servers to certain player levels.
rank really isn't an indicator of skill, especially now!

abuC

Mr. Snrub said:

There are a lot of garbage players that are 50 rank, the ones that should be good are the ones with vet tags.

Just some sort of skill balancing would be great. I know properly admin'ed servers keep an eye on this, but it would be nice to have at least a few servers separated by levels.

Regardless of how skilled a player is, if your team is levels 1-20 going against 40-50's, I'd think there is a fairly good chance they'd mop the floor with you. Not ALL the time--but an option would be nice. Surprised FPS's haven't borrowed this MMO idea yet, considering almost all FPS's are moving toward higher level=more powerful designs :-\

UFRA

TheSeks said:
And it wasn't that one time, either. You humped someone on the second set, IIRC. :lol

:D You're right, I did it several times last night. I know for sure I did it to a sniper that was pissing me off by sneaking around the back on the second set.

I did it on some other maps too lol.

TheSeks

rank really isn't an indicator of skill, especially now!

It is for the most part, but yeah there can be crappy 50's.

Top Bottom