• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Jas said:

I like how they're selling the lack of attachments/weapons mods as a "feature" :lol I guess it's understandable, but it's not like optics, different ammo types, suppressors, etc. didn't exist back then.

I'm also getting tired of the devs GUSHING about the same thing. We get it, Vietnam had rice fields, C4 is TNT, guns are rusted and held together by tape, etc. I'm not super excited about the "new Vietnam look" or how you're putting new skins on the same mechanics--I want to know what's NEW.

abuC

I'll probably pass on Vietnam, doesn't look interesting at all, I'd actually pay for sine new bc2 maps at this point.

todahawk

Mr. Snrub said:
A COMPASS

FUCK YEAH! Maybe the art for the expansion can be a big ole compass

Now Seks can yell and tell me WHERE to drop my ammo/health packs. "AMMO NORTH OF C!!!!!!"

...and I know I'm rusty when I play for an evening and didn't C4 anyone or anything. plumb fergot.shit, I was fumbling with the controller to call in mortar strikes.

yes, i'm back on the bc2 bandwagon

Mr. Snrub said:
I like how they're selling the lack of attachments/weapons mods as a "feature" :lol I guess it's understandable, but it's not like optics, different ammo types, suppressors, etc. didn't exist back then.

I'm also getting tired of the devs GUSHING about the same thing. We get it, Vietnam had rice fields, C4 is TNT, guns are rusted and held together by tape, etc. I'm not super excited about the "new Vietnam look" or how you're putting new skins on the same mechanics--I want to know what's NEW.
know what i bet tons of people are super excited about? the class with the ammo pack doesn't have Dynamite!

UFRA said:
:D You're right, I did it several times last night. I know for sure I did it to a sniper that was pissing me off by sneaking around the back on the second set.

I did it on some other maps too lol.
You teabagging machine :lol

Was wondering if one of you guys could help me:

I can't get any servers to show in the browser. I've updated the game, updated punkbuster, turned off my firewall, and there are still 0 servers showing. I don't really know my way around port forwarding.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
V Electric sucks, Faceless. I'm sorry, it's gotten me killed five times with no ASSHOLE IS ON YOUR BACK, IDIOT! BEEP BEEP BEEP! within the FUCKING RADAR PROXIMITY OF MY VEHICLE!

ARGH!

It WILL show people WAAAAAY farther than I am at. WTF. :| You'd think it would high light people NEAR you, not FAR from you. :|

That said, your trick works. But people become aware after about one or two kills from me. ARGH.

But at least I got an awesome.jpg double-roadkill on the jetski. Bringing my jetski roadkill total up to a whopping... 3! :lol

Eel O'Brian said:

Are you running in Admin/Superuser mode? If you aren't, that may be a problem. It was at launch, IIRC. But I'm not a PC player. Splinter or Snrub should help you.

ochobit said:
Music.

I'm not very fond of Jungle maps, but I'll be buying it regardless just 'cuz I want variety.

Oh, I'm definitely still buying this shit :D Just wish they would try and show what's new (weapons, maps, vehicles) rather than this "oh man everything is so dirty and you get Huey's and CCR and rust and paddies!!!" that we can obviously see with our own eyes.

TheSeks

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Dear "KRobert722,"

Don't hump the killcam unless you have the skills back it up. Idiot.

Signed,

Someone that got 24-6 in the tank + finished his boat Gold Star 1, used the XM8 Compact WITHOUT MAGNUM AMMO to kill your ass three times before this, only to grab the tank after your team stealed it. Slap V. ALT on and proceed to own your Laguna Presa Conquest team with it and three supports.

So much :lol :lol :lol at that round. They steal the tank. I AT4 them. TWICE. They may have gotten me a few times doing that, but as soon as I got in the tank, it was over. Even if they had the flags majority (which they didn't at the start) we were catching up in ticket bleed, but I ran them out all the same.

Edit:

Things to do in Bad Company 2
Get all the rewards for "I AM BAD COMPANY... TOO!"
Get all the stats to Gold Star 1

Get to level 50 (in progress)

Anything I'm missing, Faceless? :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Got my <2.0> trophy finally... :lol

I was so happy.

Now I just have to knife two more gaffers.

The Faceless Master said:
all platinums

I could probably due that but I'd have to fail college
and life.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Got my <2.0> trophy finally... :lol

I was so happy.

Now I just have to knife two more gaffers.

I could probably due that but I'd have to fail college
and life.

Sweet on the 2.0 trophy, I'm down to 9 left. That's all i need for the godforsaken platinum

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
Sweet on the 2.0 trophy, I'm down to 9 left. That's all i need for the godforsaken platinum

My advice on that is just start driving tanks and shell high traffic buildings from far away. I should have had the thing ages ago but I had a spell where I didn't use vehicles for a while.

Blackhawk minigun takes down walls extremely fast too...

Xux

Finally got this game after months of deliberation and subscribing to this thread. It's pretty cool.

My PSN is Xuxly if anyone wants a level nothing nobody tagging along. Workin' on unlocking a medpac so I can do something besides spray with my PKM.

TheSeks

all platinums

OH COME ON NOW! I don't want the damn platinum for the boat! :lol

MY OWNAGE LIES OVER THE OCEAN! MY OWANGE LIES OVER THE DESERT!~ o/`

Just did about 5 hours with a public team of 20-30's while I'm the only 40+ in there (with the exception of a late joining 40).

The other team didn't start winning until just now.

Cheese or non-cheese they couldn't take the crates from our defense and my attack on Atacama Rush was the stuff of legend. I get close, let the rest of the squad spawn and it's piranhas attacking the crates. :lol :lol

Doesn't hurt that I was their surveillance camera with the motion mines.

I got top player about 10+ times those games. :lol

Same for taking out Bradleys. Always frustrates me on maps where our Bradley gets stolen and our Blackhawk gunners don't do shit.

I found that out on the lighthouse map. Camped the blackhawk (only myself in it. *mumble grumble*) on the rocks. Get out. "TURN BACK! YOU'RE LEAVING THE BATTLE--" (get back in)

"Well, hey!" (spray everywhere)

(Someone going for the Bradley)

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" (SPRAY SPRAY SPRAY!)

TheSeks <Blackhawk> TankStealer.

Me: ._. "Well... okay."

Evolved1

Man... I was on the opposite side of the GAF team for a while until I had a PS3 freeze.

I was so close to a few friend-knives but the game fucked me every time!!! Arrrgh

Tough playing against you guys.

TheSeks

Dream, UFRA, Crack, and Toda: (British voice) DID YOU LIKE MY BLACKHAWK, SNAKE?

They tried to get me and got me once, but after I took out the stationary AT building, they rolled over.

Faceless would call me "RUTHLESS" after my antics today.

And UFRA egging me on to UAV C4 a few objectives on joining (as I'm inviting Toda into the game) :lol :lol :lol :lol Bad bad man. Crack will cry. :lol

Edit: OMFG, I just remembered, they got scared by my AT4 hitting their tank. THEY BAILED! UFRA takes it and Toda and I repair it to hold the line. :lol

UFRA egging me on to UAV C4 again. BAD BAD MAN! :D

Xux

Yeah, this game is rather cool. Got to Rank 3 and already have my ammo box, repair gun, and defibrillator. Damn, it takes a long time to rank up. They sure hold off on giving you red dots and...any specialization for awhile.

TheSeks

Xux said:
Yeah, this game is rather cool. Got to Rank 3 and already have my ammo box, repair gun, and defibrillator. Damn, it takes a long time to rank up. They sure hold off on giving you red dots and...any specialization for awhile.

Pffft. Get good.

Level 1-30 is easy. It's 35+ that becomes a chore. (But then again, nothing after 25 gives you anything IIRC)

Xux

TheSeks said:
Pffft. Get good.

Level 1-30 is easy. It's 35+ that becomes a chore. (But then again, nothing after 25 gives you anything IIRC)

I see to be doin' alright. Got a couple Ace Pins. It's annoying how all of the lectures on being a good Recon don't apply until you get 900 points.

TheSeks

Xux said:
I see to be doin' alright. Got a couple Ace Pins. It's annoying how all of the lectures on being a good Recon don't apply until you get 900 points.

You shouldn't be doing recon unless you're unlocking the kits and getting the stars. Too many people are recon already. We need more Medic/Assault people. :lol

Once you unlock the assault ammo and medic medical kit's, you'll be rolling in points. IIRC I gained like... 5-10 levels over the course of a day when the game launched (or around April-May this year) just playing "stay close to Faceless and serve him whatever he needs."

Basically, if you find a high traffic area, throw out a pack, you'll generally rack up 1,000-2,000 points just from support.

Are you playing Rush or Conquest?

Xux

TheSeks said:
You shouldn't be doing recon unless you're unlocking the kits and getting the stars. Too many people are recon already. We need more Medic/Assault people. :lol

Once you unlock the assault ammo and medic medical kit's, you'll be rolling in points. IIRC I gained like... 5-10 levels over the course of a day when the game launched (or around April-May this year) just playing "stay close to Faceless and serve him whatever he needs."

Basically, if you find a high traffic area, throw out a pack, you'll generally rack up 1,000-2,000 points just from support.

Are you playing Rush or Conquest?

I just wanna try everything. I was playing Squad Death Match but moved on to Conquest.

TheSeks

Xux said:
but moved on to Conquest.

If you want points fast:

Assault: Throw out ammo near recons (hopefully they're smart and throwing out mines) or near flags/defending flags you'll roll in points.
Medic: See the "flag" tip above, apply it and if safe run out to people in cover with a big blinking "+" sign on them, they could use the help (or revive once you get the defibs)
Engineer: Play like a cockroach. Stay in shadows or cover. If a tank is nearby. Hit it with the RPG and run like hell before it notices you. Engineer isn't a point machine, sorry.
Recon: Throw out motion mines. Hope to god assaults are smart and willing to throw out packs for you to continue to spam them. See the points roll in if your team is smart and fires on the red arrows in those balls.

Which reminds me: Had some idiots NOT THROW OUT AMMO PACKS despite the fact I'm firing, grenading and knifing their asses while hammering select today. If you aren't going to give ammo, GTFO. God.

Xux said:
Finally got this game after months of deliberation and subscribing to this thread. It's pretty cool.

My PSN is Xuxly if anyone wants a level nothing nobody tagging along. Workin' on unlocking a medpac so I can do something besides spray with my PKM.
Just add me PSN: Crakatak187 or one of us.

Sometimes it's a full squad though. People join my games I don't invite.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Sometimes it's a full squad though. People join my games I don't invite.

You're scared to add me because you think I'll yell at you like I have nearly everyone else on GAF to do something, aren't you? :lol

I joined JM today after my five hour session after joining Toda in another game where his team sucked.

Invited him, had you guys put him on your squad and left it. Proceed to be RUTHLESS solo. Only issue with going solo is the stupid spawn system to where I have to run across the map to get back where I was. :lol

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I assume you don't like me so I never added.

I hate everyone equally, dude. You aren't special. :lol

Though you not being on my list makes the loading of Rush gametypes when joining Olimpia or someone else a surprise! So there is a silver lining in this. ;) :lol

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Dream, UFRA, Crack, and Toda: (British voice) DID YOU LIKE MY BLACKHAWK, SNAKE?

They tried to get me and got me once, but after I took out the stationary AT building, they rolled over.

Faceless would call me "RUTHLESS" after my antics today.

And UFRA egging me on to UAV C4 a few objectives on joining (as I'm inviting Toda into the game) :lol :lol :lol :lol Bad bad man. Crack will cry. :lol

Edit: OMFG, I just remembered, they got scared by my AT4 hitting their tank. THEY BAILED! UFRA takes it and Toda and I repair it to hold the line. :lol

UFRA egging me on to UAV C4 again. BAD BAD MAN! :D

Did you like how I specifically waited with the UAV for you to get back on our team on Laguna Presa? :D

First thing I did was get on the UAV, then I waited around for you and noticed you were on the enemy team. So I parked under the roof of the building and worked on getting you back on our team just so we could UAV C4. :lol :lol

As of tonight, all of my favorite primary weapons have a platinum star now:

Assault: M416
Medic: MG36
Engineer: UMP-45, UMP-45 SpecAct, and AT4

Now I can just enjoy playing the game, I'm going to let the 40mm Grenade launcher, M93 Raffica, and USAS-12 just happen naturally over the course of time. They're pretty close - like gold star 7 or something, but I'm not going out of my way for those.

Also, recently I just made over 1,000 kills with the UAV. :lol It's my "best vehicle" in the stats section with the Bradley a close second with like 960 something.

aristotle

I'll be online tonight to hang with GAF in this. I'll hit you up toda if you're online and may add a few people I haven't played with yet. Olimpia deleted me from his list I think :(

Engineers get tons of points, at least I always have. I get more points from mines usually than anything else, but I haven't played in awhile.

todahawk

Crakatak187 said:
I assume you don't like me so I never added.

Dude, you ain't special, Seks hates everyone equally! :lol :lol :lol

Good games last night all, I was gonna go to bed but ended up playing a great match with 8bit george, reckless and another gaffer not on my FL. We had em down to the last few tickets on the first set of stations on Atamaca and they cheesed it FTW... then it was a long slow defensive battle that we eventually lost. No one but our damn squad was doing anything. Best match i've had in awhile, 4500+ points, 28/15. I was bringing down choppers like crazy with whatever was handy... minigun, tracer & CG.

So Reach is disappointing and MOH looks average, so I need something good besides Black Ops to keep me busy online for a while. Is it worth picking this up again? I don't know how active it is(on 360). I don't wanna pay $60 for the Ultimate Edition if it only keeps me busy for a month or two.

AwesomeSyrup said:
So Reach is disappointing and MOH looks average, so I need something good besides Black Ops to keep me busy online for a while. Is it worth picking this up again? I don't know how active it is(on 360). I don't wanna pay $60 for the Ultimate Edition if it only keeps me busy for a month or two.
i only see a few other GAF peeps on 360, most are playing reach or the game of the week.

TheSeks

i only see a few other GAF peeps on 360, most are playing reach or the game of the week.

However, PS3 GAF who Faceless has abandoned this week is playing nightly or near nightly.

Get the PS3 verison. *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sorry guys but Vietnam looks awesome, im a BFBC2 whore so : DAY ONE!
DAY MOTHER EFFIN ONE!!!11!!

TheSeks

UFRA said:
Did you like how I specifically waited with the UAV for you to get back on our team on Laguna Presa? :D

First thing I did was get on the UAV, then I waited around for you and noticed you were on the enemy team. So I parked under the roof of the building and worked on getting you back on our team just so we could UAV C4. :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol What's amusing to me was joining your squad, and the C4 is parked right at the base when I spawn. I'm like "wait, what? You want me to C4!?" *looks at Squad list* "BUT CRACK IS ON OUR TEAM!" :lol

Also the UAV scares me a little with how flipping huge it is. Seriously, park it next to someone and look at it. It's crazy big. I think that's a FoV thing, but man the first time you parked it scared me a little. :lol

TheSeks said:
However, PS3 GAF who Faceless has abandoned this week is playing nightly or near nightly.

Get the PS3 verison. *wink wink, nudge nudge*
abandoned? it's been 2 days! and 1 of those i was busy trying to get tons of MS Points and free XBL months

TheSeks

abandoned? it's been 2 days! and 1 of those i was busy trying to get tons of MS Points and free XBL months

You don't need the points man! :lol

Loan me 1400 so I can get Shadow Complex for free and not give OSC money

I hope I get my 800 (for Radiant Silvergun XBLA in 2011) and 400 (for DR2: C0) from them, but I extremely doubt it. :lol

And I'm just kidding, you've been on the XMB and it's like "FACELESS, COME JOIN US! ;___;"

TheSeks said:
You don't need the points man! :lol

Loan me 1400 so I can get Shadow Complex for free and not give OSC money

I hope I get my 800 (for Radiant Silvergun XBLA in 2011) and 400 (for DR2: C0) from them, but I extremely doubt it. :lol

And I'm just kidding, you've been on the XMB and it's like "FACELESS, COME JOIN US! ;___;"
so BC1, BC2?

Ocho

so BC1, BC2?

Dude, delete some of your friends on PSN (I BET there's some you wouldn't mind losing)! I tried to add you, and I can't. :(

Xux said:

You better be proactive and add the bunch already playing. Mine is the8bitgeorge. Have fun with the game. :)

TheSeks

so BC1, BC2?

BC1 next weekend for sure, I still need to work on my 10K2 kills trophy. (*sigh*) and catch you spawning on me 20 times in one life. :lol ;)

BC2 tonight, since that's where everyone else is. :/

UFRA

TheSeks said:
:lol :lol :lol What's amusing to me was joining your squad, and the C4 is parked right at the base when I spawn. I'm like "wait, what? You want me to C4!?" *looks at Squad list* "BUT CRACK IS ON OUR TEAM!" :lol

Also the UAV scares me a little with how flipping huge it is. Seriously, park it next to someone and look at it. It's crazy big. I think that's a FoV thing, but man the first time you parked it scared me a little. :lol

Yeah, we already had the Crak seal of approval to activate cheese mode. I think the enemy had it coming for the miserable Nelson Bay match where we all sat back and waited for them to come to us, but they decided they would all be snipers and prolong the game to be 3 years long. Never saw so many mortar strikes at once in my time playing. I've decided that I will cheese people just for inconveniencing me now, as in the situation above. :lol

Top Bottom