• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

ochobit said:
Dude, delete some of your friends on PSN (I BET there's some you wouldn't mind losing)! I tried to add you, and I can't. :(
i pretty much cleaned out everyone i felt like i could remove to add the last few people and readd abuC. i guess i can take a 3rd look over my list...

TheSeks said:
BC1 next weekend for sure, I still need to work on my 10K2 kills trophy. (*sigh*) and catch you spawning on me 20 times in one life. :lol ;)

BC2 tonight, since that's where everyone else is. :/
ok.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:
Yeah, we already had the Crak seal of approval to activate cheese mode. I think the enemy had it coming for the miserable Nelson Bay match where we all sat back and waited for them to come to us, but they decided they would all be snipers and prolong the game to be 3 years long. Never saw so many mortar strikes at once in my time playing. I've decided that I will cheese people just for inconveniencing me now, as in the situation above. :lol

Man that Nelson Bay round SUCKED. They had like one person hiding in the "depression" near B and took B. But because there were no trees around (mwahahaha) they couldn't take A.

What good is trying to cheese if there is cover around the objective and no... cover for yourself? *shoots them in the face*

I really need to sit down and put some work into Blazblue:CS since BBCSPS3GAF is apparently doing a tournament and needs me for a slot. Oh god, I don't need my shitty playing on Youtube. ;__;

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Fersis said:
Sorry guys but Vietnam looks awesome, im a BFBC2 whore so : DAY ONE!
DAY MOTHER EFFIN ONE!!!11!!
Yeah I picked up BC2 for $20, so I won't feel bad about paying full price for the expansion, and extra maps and a bit of variation in the guns and vehicles will be nice. Plus its Vietnam, with Ride of the Valkyries and everything. Wish they got rid of the unlock crap though.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Man that Nelson Bay round SUCKED. They had like one person hiding in the "depression" near B and took B. But because there were no trees around (mwahahaha) they couldn't take A.

What good is trying to cheese if there is cover around the objective and no... cover for yourself? *shoots them in the face*

I really need to sit down and put some work into Blazblue:CS since BBCSPS3GAF is apparently doing a tournament and needs me for a slot. Oh god, I don't need my shitty playing on Youtube. ;__;

Dude, clue me in. I know we connected with the UAV+C4 on Isla Innocentes at least once. I was waiting for you to dart in/drop suddenly towards the m-com before hitting the trigger but it seemed like i missed a couple of times. And I still don't understand exactly what you meant about the glitch.

TheSeks

greenjerk said:
Dude, clue me in. I know we connected with the UAV+C4 on Isla Innocentes at least once. I was waiting for you to dart in/drop suddenly towards the m-com before hitting the trigger but it seemed like i missed a couple of times. And I still don't understand exactly what you meant about the glitch.

There's a glitch where you throw out inf. C4, but can't detonate it if you don't wait for the "ready" animation of the hands in throwing/laying C4. It's stupid it hasn't been fixed, but what can you do.

Tonight (if Razor doesn't drag me to Super Street 4 like he plans to do "I'm getting on today" he said. *mumble grumble*), join JM and myself (if Dream isn't in the squad) near the UAV and see how it's done. :lol

todahawk

TheSeks said:
There's a glitch where you throw out inf. C4, but can't detonate it if you don't wait for the "ready" animation of the hands in throwing/laying C4. It's stupid it hasn't been fixed, but what can you do.

Tonight (if Razor doesn't drag me to Super Street 4 like he plans to do "I'm getting on today" he said. *mumble grumble*), join JM and myself (if Dream isn't in the squad) near the UAV and see how it's done. :lol

Sweet, will do. I'm watching the Michigan vs. Michigan State game and catching up on grad school stuff after that but should be on later...

edit: Hail to the Losers! (as of 3rd qtr anyways)

Xux

greenjerk said:
oh PSN id = todahawk for anyone that's new or I don't have yet
ochobit said:
You better be proactive and add the bunch already playing. Mine is the8bitgeorge. Have fun with the game. :)
I'll add you guys tonight when I get home from work at around 10PM PST.

Next time on Nelson bay the opposing team will be so screwed.

As for cheesing, I don't really care for a long time since I'm so use to it (High level clans do nothing but cheese such as 420, Mafia, and etc).

TheSeks

I don't think I've ran into the Mafia clan yet. Or if I have, I haven't noticed. I barely look at the clan tags as it's generally "VAG"/"BRA"/"ASS"/"FAG"/...

*sigh* People trying to be funny and failing.

Massa

TheSeks said:
I don't think I've ran into the Mafia clan yet. Or if I have, I haven't noticed. I barely look at the clan tags as it's generally "VAG"/"BRA"/"ASS"/"FAG"/...

What do you think "BRA" stands for? :lol

TheSeks

Massa said:
What do you think "BRA" stands for? :lol

Brazil, in general. But I have seen it in the other way.

Generally though, the Brazilian's have BRA or BR or whatever in their PSN id. So I take the BRA clantag as otherwise.

TheSeks said:

you'd notice, they have it in their PSN ID

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
you'd notice, they have it in their PSN ID

I think the only super clan I've ran into on occasion is "RaW," who are WAAAAY better than I am. But I'm able to kill them now and then.

Also Razor is in SSF4 but not responding to my invites. Bastard. *Edgeworthisnotamused.gif*

I should probably play BC2 but you got off. :/

I've only seen one of the Raw guys in Rush, he quit out. What I heard they mostly just Circle Strife with choppers in Atacama Desert on Conquest.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I've only seen one of the Raw guys in Rush, he quit out. What I heard they mostly just Circle Strife with choppers in Atacama Desert on Conquest.

Yeah, I've ran into about five on Atacama Conquest. But one was playing White Pass Rush, surprisingly.

TheSeks

Man tonight just wasn't UFRA and my night. UAV being taken out left and right.

On the plus side, we generally did win the rounds (only lost one?) with me in the negative KDR's. *siiigh* Defense was more our area and we pretty much steamrolled them, even when they tried to cheese. :lol

That Nelson Bay game was fucking stupid, snipers hitting me from the collapsed A building and yet I can't spot them because of spot cool down. Fuck you, DICE. :mad:

UFRA

TheSeks said:

On the plus side, we generally did win the rounds (only lost one?) with me in the negative KDR's. *siiigh* Defense was more our area and we pretty much steamrolled them, even when they tried to cheese. :lol

That Nelson Bay game was fucking stupid, snipers hitting me from the collapsed A building and yet I can't spot them because of spot cool down. Fuck you, DICE. :mad:

What a bunch of cowardly douchebags we played tonight.

Valparaiso was such a boring match!! I finally got so bored I just went and ran right into their base, stole their Bradley and then started my sniper revenge. They killed that one, so I went right back in and stole it again. :lol

Yeah, then when we attacked I was so excited to show these idiot "oh-hai-der-I'm-a-silly-sniper-infested-team-who-just-sits-and-snipes-on-offense-yay" guys who's boss by cheesing the heck outta them. Instead, I get in there with the UAV, you detonate, and I'm instantly shot by some shotgun weilding ass. lol

And don't even get me started on that Isla match. WOW....just wow....again, nothing but snipers, and we (the defenders) had to go to THEM since they were all just camping and sniping. I stole their Bradley once on that one too. :D

The game after you left was a sniper fest. After getting sniped once I got my vengeance. Sniper after sniper fell down with a headshot. I scared a pack of 4 sniper on the back of their spawn by sniping 2 in the head and doing my usual tea bag strifing.

The tank flipping over then blowing up was hilarious.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
We played some cowardly ass teams tonight... :lol

I love how you guys take all the trees down so the attackers have to make it across a barren wasteland of smoking craters, bullets, and dead bodies before they can even think about taking a crate.

Frigging hilarious. Crak got pissed about getting sniped and then went recon and destroyed them.

They were so bad.

TheSeks said:

Nelson Bay was hilarious! they were getting flanked hard from the hills!

Crakatak187 said:
The game after you left was a sniper fest. After getting sniped once I got my vengeance. Sniper after sniper fell down with a headshot. I scared a pack of 4 sniper on the back of their spawn by sniping 2 in the head and doing my usual tea bag strifing.

The tank flipping over then blowing up was hilarious.
that Port Valdez game where the tank flipped off the hill? :lol :lol :lol

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
I love how you guys take all the trees down so the attackers have to make it across a barren wasteland of smoking craters, bullets, and dead bodies before they can even think about taking a crate.

It makes things easier to see where they're coming from. Like I said before, until DICE gives me an HDR/Bloom/Lighting slider to where I'm not blind in the darkness and being fired all over the damn place (they can easily fix this by making the trees not pitch black in shadows when open areas are more grey/moonlight. Real nights don't work that way. :|), I'm taking all the damn trees out between the bases even if I die in the process 20 times. Fuck that map.

Faceless said:
Nelson Bay was hilarious! they were getting flanked hard from the hills!

You mean up near where the UAV is in Conquest, right? :lol

UFRA said:
Yeah, then when we attacked I was so excited to show these idiot "oh-hai-der-I'm-a-silly-sniper-infested-team-who-just-sits-and-snipes-on-offense-yay" guys who's boss by cheesing the heck outta them. Instead, I get in there with the UAV, you detonate, and I'm instantly shot by some shotgun weilding ass. lol

Yeah, that was hilarious and annoying. I told Toda to mortar the console to prevent UAV C4 and they must've learned you could hit it from the base and prevent that. :lol

Toda needs to learn that if you die and get revived five times, FUCKING. MOVE. GOD. DAMN IT!

"You have been revived by TheSeks!"
(HEADSHOT!)
(HEADSHOT!)
(HEADSHOT!)
(HEADSHOT!)
(HEADSHOT!)

PSN message: MOVE YOU GODDAMN DUMBASS!

(Toda FINALLY gets it together and moves into cover)

"GOD!"

And then him not taking out the machine gun nest on the lighthouse map. I'm sitting there going around in circles making five back and forth trips after being pinged and I'm like "SPRAY THE WALLS, TAKE IT OUT SOMETHING! ONCE IT COLLAPSES IT'S DONE!"

"GOD! SOMEONE PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASSSSSSSE! ;____;"

Then we get it taken out, he gets sniped out of the gunner seat (whoops), I get in and get sniped and you guys take B.

I think Xuxly didn't know what the hell was going on at times. :lol

todahawk

TheSeks said:
*snip*

Yeah, that was hilarious and annoying. I told Toda to mortar the console to prevent UAV C4 and they must've learned you could hit it from the base and prevent that. :lol

Toda needs to learn that if you die and get revived five times, FUCKING. MOVE. GOD. DAMN IT!

(HEADSHOT!)
(HEADSHOT!)
(HEADSHOT!)
(HEADSHOT!)
(HEADSHOT!)

PSN message: MOVE YOU GODDAMN DUMBASS!

(Toda FINALLY gets it together and moves into cover)

"GOD!"

And then him not taking out the machine gun nest on the lighthouse map. I'm sitting there going around in circles making five back and forth trips after being pinged and I'm like "SPRAY THE WALLS, TAKE IT OUT SOMETHING! ONCE IT COLLAPSES IT'S DONE!"

"GOD! SOMEONE PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASSSSSSSE! ;____;"

Then we get it taken out, he gets sniped out of the gunner seat (whoops), I get in and get sniped and you guys take B.

I was waiting for your hate mail!

I popped 3 or 4 guys quick on Isla, mortared and mortared their chopper just to see a guy run to their UAV. I popped him. Being on defense I didn't care about dying, I just wanted to stick it to them. Shit, I had 900+ points before they even got to the first m-com. :p

Yeah, on the Lighthouse I didn't read your whole message, just the subject, no wonder you were getting so pissed. (edit-) I was tempted to blow my C4 early as you were heading up the trail later on the ATV.

Oh and sorry to anyone that was trying to talk to me on headset, I had mine on but threw it on the couch at some point.

Evolved1

only seks could revive a guy 5 times in the LOF and be mad at the guy... :lol

btw... a thought after playing the last few days: attackers who hide like little bitches are incredibly annoying and make the game boring. This isn't Ghost Recon, so hold sprint and hit the objectives. Otherwise you are going to get destroyed in the cheapest most humiliating way when it's our turn to attack.

todahawk

recklessmind said:

btw... a thought after playing the last few days: attackers who hide like little bitches are incredibly annoying and make the game boring. This isn't Ghost Recon, so hold sprint and hit the objectives. Otherwise you are going to get destroyed in the cheapest most humiliating way when it's our turn to attack.

:lol :lol :lol

yeah, seems we've been playing against a lot of attacking teams that just sit back and snipe snipe snipe. i'm more than happy to mortar and headshot the piss out them though. :D

edit:
woo hoo, hit level 33

TheSeks said:
It makes things easier to see where they're coming from. Like I said before, until DICE gives me an HDR/Bloom/Lighting slider to where I'm not blind in the darkness and being fired all over the damn place (they can easily fix this by making the trees not pitch black in shadows when open areas are more grey/moonlight. Real nights don't work that way. :|), I'm taking all the damn trees out between the bases even if I die in the process 20 times. Fuck that map.

It's really an underappreciated tactic. First thing I do on Port Valdez/Valparaiso defense is get on the mounted gun and destroy as much cover as possible. If I die, I respawn and keep it up. There is nothing more intimidating (especially on Port Valdez) than having to run across all that open, destroyed terrain!

Evolved1

weekend warriors are out is full force today...

wookie army smh

todahawk

recklessmind said:
weekend warriors are out is full force today...

wookie army smh

i'll prolly be on later tonight, got some shit to do first.

my headset was acting up the other night, you were really faint but I did hear you say you did good on your exams, right? I'm a little nervous, the guy I have is famous for being extremely anal and grades really hard, especially on essay questions. Early 20th Century Art FTL!

TheSeks

recklessmind said:

Hey, I like the points. I don't like the back and forth under fire out in the open to revive the same person, however. :lol

Toda said:
I was waiting for your hate mail!

Only you can piss me off with your rust at times. :lol

Being on defense I didn't care about dying,

And I understand, but you were out in the open and an easy target. It's like "YOU'RE NOT IN A GOOD POSITION! MOVE TO A BETTER ONE TO HELP!" (Esp. since 5 of the others on our team was up on the hill and I was worried about them coming in by boat to swarm the place in a matter of seconds)

If I die, I respawn and keep it up. There is nothing more intimidating (especially on Port Valdez) than having to run across all that open, destroyed terrain!

I seriously hope more people don't learn of this, otherwise defense will win 90% of the time unless people death march and leap frog over each other and try to stay alive. (Maybe Medic/revive leapfrogging can get you across?)

Xux

TheSeks said:

I was wondering why you had that chopper parked, like, a mile from the objectives on that hill. I couldn't see anybody so eventually you just got frustrated and sprayed the crate building yourself. :lol

That flank to the UAV was pretty hardcore; I was, like, "Oh, UAV. Here's an ammo pack :)?" Wish there was an offline way to explore the maps 'cause I had no idea where they were coming from on Valparaiso (I think); they could at least highlight the enemy base on the start map.

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
i'll prolly be on later tonight, got some shit to do first.

my headset was acting up the other night, you were really faint but I did hear you say you did good on your exams, right? I'm a little nervous, the guy I have is famous for being extremely anal and grades really hard, especially on essay questions. Early 20th Century Art FTL!

Yeah I was worried about the exams but I killed both of them.

I've only had one art history class in university and it was a nightmare. You never know with humanities professors... they can be really good or just so bad. Hopefully it goes well for you and the guy is fair.

Xux said:
I was wondering why you had that chopper parked, like, a mile from the objectives on that hill. I couldn't see anybody so eventually you just got frustrated and sprayed the crate building yourself. :lol

That flank to the UAV was pretty hardcore; I was, like, "Oh, UAV. Here's an ammo pack :)?" Wish there was an offline way to explore the maps 'cause I had no idea where they were coming from on Valparaiso (I think); they could at least highlight the enemy base on the start map.

Don't worry... DICE only gave us like three maps so you'll know them all cold soon enough.

USF

Presume I sell my copy & get the ultimate edition, will I be able to load my previous settings/saved data? Does it need a new install?

TheSeks

USF said:
Presume I sell my copy & get the ultimate edition, will I be able to load my previous settings/saved data? Does it need a new install?

Why would you sell your copy? You're not going to get much for it in return that you couldn't get just buying SPECACT/1943/Onslaught themselves.

I was wondering why you had that chopper parked, like, a mile from the objectives on that hill. I couldn't see anybody so eventually you just got frustrated and sprayed the crate building yourself.

Keeping it parked a mile away is a good idea. You just need to get into the zone of spraying EVERYWHERE and making it hard for the defenders to get out there and let the team get in. You were sitting there spraying and nothing happening and I'm like "damn it, just switch and I'll do it myself" :lol

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Hey, I like the points. I don't like the back and forth under fire out in the open to revive the same person, however. :lol

Only you can piss me off with your rust at times. :lol

And I understand, but you were out in the open and an easy target. It's like "YOU'RE NOT IN A GOOD POSITION! MOVE TO A BETTER ONE TO HELP!" (Esp. since 5 of the others on our team was up on the hill and I was worried about them coming in by boat to swarm the place in a matter of seconds)

Oh but I was in a good position, I thought it was worth it to nail the chopper and UAV but I'll admit I was getting greedy.

reckless said:
Yeah I was worried about the exams but I killed both of them.

I've only had one art history class in university and it was a nightmare. You never know with humanities professors... they can be really good or just so bad. Hopefully it goes well for you and the guy is fair.

yeah, we'll see, I think i did ok. I need one more art history class next semester and he's the only one teaching it. I'm trying to find someone else but I ran into shit with my advising committee, they really like us to take this guy... so I'll likely have him for Late 20th Century Contemporary Art. I love researching and studying contemporary artists, just not memorizing slide lists. But I don't pay tuition so I can't complain too much. Free Master of Fine Art FTW!

Wthermans

Banned
Nothing makes me laugh more than seeing Alan Kertz complain about mods disabling achievements in Civ 5 (thereby making mods useless---to him) when DICE did (and has done) the same thing to mods/custom maps and ranking to all BF titles since BF2. :lol

aristotle

ok wth. I have bronze stars on everything, but I don't have two medals for it: All bronze stars and all bronze weapons. what gives? I thought they fixed this already.

Tons of back and forth today. Faceless your team was horrible yet you held up the match for them. I actually went back and stole the chopper 2 times almost 3x but your sneaky C4 foiled my plans. I kept killing the same 3 guys that's for sure.

The power of cheese compels you, the power of cheese compels you.

aristotle said:
ok wth. I have bronze stars on everything, but I don't have two medals for it: All bronze stars and all bronze weapons. what gives? I thought they fixed this already.
It's glitched for me too, I've had gold in everything for months now and still no "all bronze weapons" or "all bronze" insignias :(

I always suspected it was the fact that I had a bronze star in everything (in terms of qualifying number of kills) before they had actually properly patched the M1 Garand/M1A1 Thompson stats. Was that the case for you as well? I've seen a lot of high level guys with the glitch.

Crakatak187 said:
Tons of back and forth today. Faceless your team was horrible yet you held up the match for them. I actually went back and stole the chopper 2 times almost 3x but your sneaky C4 foiled my plans. I kept killing the same 3 guys that's for sure.

oh man, at one point i had three recons in my squad!

and, that 2nd time with the chopper i was like "wait, i should let him pick someone else up first" and waited... and waited... and then i saw the C4 on my map land near the ship base VADS and was like :D :D :D

*BOOOOOM*

and is 2.5 including that time when i RPG'd the empty chopper because you killed one of my squadmates in the base? i was like "hrm, he's gotta be close!"

USF

TheSeks said:
Why would you sell your copy? You're not going to get much for it in return that you couldn't get just buying SPECACT/1943/Onslaught themselves.
Because I bought mine used, had no VIP code & did not get any of the DLC
I will sell it at same price and get the ultimate edition for PS3

Can someone answer my question about the game save please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0_VQDlj8yY#t=0m40s

Crakatak187 said:
It was so easy to sneak in your base. I went in like I owned the place. Could never find where you were at though :lol
i felt bad for Xuxly on Port Valdez, knifed him 3x!

USF said:
Because I bought mine used, had no VIP code & did not get any of the DLC
I will sell it at same price and get the ultimate edition for PS3

Can someone answer my question about the game save please?
no idea if the single player save data will work, though i don't see why it wouldn't. does it really matter though? are you that hung up on a partially completed single player save? any multiplayer progress you made is saved server side.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:

Hey, C4ing the 'copter isn't cheese. It's a backup contingency plan.

"Oh, they took the chopper and are circle strafing? *BAM* Fuckers don't steal it again. *lay down more C4 on spawn*"

Faceless said:
And then i saw the C4 on my map land near the ship base VADS and was like :D :D :D

:lol

I wasn't talking about that. It was back and forth cheesing on both teams. That Nelson bay matches were intense. I thought you had us pinned with the early tree chopping but when jm and i got to Alpha we took it as soon as we could because we would have been screwed. Next game after you guys were in the same situation if only half my team wasn't dicking around in Bravo.

Top Bottom