• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

greenjerk said:
yeah, smoke seems to act differently depending on what you hit. flat ground = nice coverage. hit a box or something and yeah, tiny poof. if i really want to provide cover for a plant, i sit on an ammo box first and start laying it down. friday night when i played with neo and xuxley i was putting smoke down like a mofo and planting left and right. really pissed off their snipers and AT guys when there was a nice wall of smoke as we approached the m-coms. :lol

definitely gonna try the uzi/mag combo, as well as the f2000/SG combo. When I run assault or engineer against a mass of attackers/defenders I've been running out of ammo in main gun/side arm/launcher. might switch to SG attachment on defense, love the smoke too much now. i'm the only one that seems to use it!:lol

edit:
@Fersis- yeah, i don't think they ever got that fixed.

No wonder the smoke varies from when I use. I will start aiming for the ground from now on with smoke...or pro tube it. lol.

greenjerk said:
... epic matches with neoparadigm and xuxley ...

Amen brotha. Haven't had as much fun with this game in a while. And yeah, how many rounds did we play? 10? And we were 1, 2 & 3 in like 8 of them. Really speaks to how much teamwork & chemistry effects things, because I generally blow.

i use the Pro Tube (Smoke) because it's hilarious. and occasionally to help the team against good defensive setups. since i've platinumed the 40MM GL, i've been using the 40MM SGN and it's still a beast like i remember from getting a gold with it.

ever since i used V-ELECT (vehicle motion sensor) when getting the gold star for water vehicles, i've been hooked on using it on some Conquest maps. at first i was just playing around with it in Arica Harbor and left it on, and i found out that it's AMAZING in White Pass. it almost feels unfair. it's really good on Laguna Presa and Laguna Alta as well.

todahawk

NEOPARADIGM said:
Amen brotha. Haven't had as much fun with this game in a while. And yeah, how many rounds did we play? 10? And we were 1, 2 & 3 in like 8 of them. Really speaks to how much teamwork & chemistry effects things, because I generally blow.

Yeah, we definitely played well together. I think it's partly because we talked a fair amount... Asking for ammo, telling the squad where you were at, what you were doing and what enemies you saw, spotted or were killed by. I think it also helped that in general the 3 of us stuck together. I remember on defense on Arica went we finally locked them down. We were calling shit out left and right, directing fire. So fun (and effective)!

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
i use the Pro Tube (Smoke) because it's hilarious. and occasionally to help the team against good defensive setups. since i've platinumed the 40MM GL, i've been using the 40MM SGN and it's still a beast like i remember from getting a gold with it.

ever since i used V-ELECT (vehicle motion sensor) when getting the gold star for water vehicles, i've been hooked on using it on some Conquest maps. at first i was just playing around with it in Arica Harbor and left it on, and i found out that it's AMAZING in White Pass. it almost feels unfair. it's really good on Laguna Presa and Laguna Alta as well.

Yeah, I've really only used smoke on rush, haven't played much conquest lately. And it can see it being effective on White Pass. Hopefully i'll be on later.

todahawk

edit: looks like I got the trifecta!

BTW, forgot to post this from the other night... :D

4CbzO.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It takes me so long to send a message through XMB during a game I don't know how you guys do it in a timely manner.

notjackbauer said:
Forgive the newb question, but I just joined the party. How do use and/or unlock the parachute?

Sometimes hitting x just once won't open the shoot, so anytime I jump off shit I'l spam it just for safety. Also, occasionally you'll spaw without your shoot deployed on some maps... make sure you hit x to avoid falling to your death. (but you could wait 'till the last second, and that way you'll have the vehicle of your choice because everyone else is still dropping in slowly)

todahawk

recklessmind said:
It takes me so long to send a message through XMB during a game I don't know how you guys do it in a timely manner.

Sometimes hitting x just once won't open the shoot, so anytime I jump off shit I'l spam it just for safety. Also, occasionally you'll spaw without your shoot deployed on some maps... make sure you hit x to avoid falling to your death. (but you could wait 'till the last second, and that way you'll have the vehicle of your choice because everyone else is still dropping in slowly)

x2 on spamming X for your chute.

Shit, I don't send messages quickly. I seriously don't know how Seks does it. I asked him to keep the gist of it in the subject... there's now way i can really communicate effectively via XMB messages. Seks is just a pro.

Thanks guys. I just started (level 3) and it feels like I really have to put some time in before the game will open up for me. So much stuff is closed off at first, I really want to increase my playstyle options.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Facism said:
Why not use a chatroom instead of PSN messages?

Censors. Very shitty. Plus it's a twitter character limit and lags the game/PS3 compared to PSN messages through in-game XMB.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Censors. Very shitty. Plus it's a twitter character limit and lags the game/PS3 compared to PSN messages through in-game XMB.

Did you get my mental message? Is that how why you suddenly felt the urge to check the BC2 thread?

xoxoxoxo

I'll be on tonight for some destruction 2.0 attempts. I gotta git that shit done, tired of it constantly nagging at me.

@evolved1: no shit??? :lol :lol :lol

Evolved1

QUESTION ABOUT AIM ASSIST

I'm diametrically opposed to using any kind of auto aim or aim assist in console shooters... the very first thing I do in an options menu is turn that shit off. However, I realize this might put me at a disadvantage in competitive shooters -- I don't care. I'd rather earn my kills.

Anyway... does BC2 aim assist function in competitive mp? I don't even know... and honestly I don't care if people use it, but I had an idea the other day that maybe turning off aim assist is why my knife never fucking works ever.

90% of the time my knife attack is the generic "cut fence/break window" swipe animation and I very rarely get the stab attack. It gets me killed constantly, and for someone like me who now has every combat pin and almost ever patch I think it's messed up that I don't have 200 knife kills yet.

Can I blame lack of aim assist for this? :lol

todahawk

dralla said:
what about a mic? ive never seen anyone try and text people instructions :lol

<3 party chat

Not an option for Seks.

@evolved- don't know about auto aim but knifing has been borked from day 1. when i was playing this weekend on Nelson Bay, I saw a guy down below, so i slipped down and landed on his head and was able to knife him. 9x out 10 I prolly would've missed it, can't believe I even tried. He was a level 50 we'd been playing against and he was trying to flank us, I had to give it a shot.

TheSeks

greenjerk said:
Did you get my mental message? Is that how why you suddenly felt the urge to check the BC2 thread?

xoxoxoxo

Nah, I saw the general thread list update and this was at the top. I figured you were talking about me. ;)

dralla said:
what about a mic?

Not an option. I'm a cripple. And Console message systems that can't copy PC games from the fucking 1990's fucking sucks. >:|

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
Not an option for Seks.

@evolved- don't know about auto aim but knifing has been borked from day 1. when i was playing this weekend on Nelson Bay, I saw a guy down below, so i slipped down and landed on his head and was able to knife him. 9x out 10 I prolly would've missed it, can't believe I even tried. He was a level 50 we'd been playing against and he was trying to flank us, I had to give it a shot.

Yeah... sigh

The best is when it actually does the whole stab animation with gore and sound effects and you're like "awesome" and then a second later you're like "oh shiiiiii wtf!?".

lucky douche <combat knife> Evolved1

smh

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Yeah... sigh

The best is when it actually does the whole stab animation with gore and sound effects and you're like "awesome" and then a second later you're like "oh shiiiiii wtf!?".

lucky douche <combat knife> Evolved1

smh

Yeah, I was absolutely giddy when I landed that knife kill. I've chased dudes around before and gotten the animation and "thunk" but they still keep going. So glad to finally be able to deliver a really good one.

@SEKS: :D

just like in 1943, you have to fall like 10ft before you can pull the parachute. mashing works too, since eventually, enough time will have passed.

i remember there was a chatroom... several iterations in fact... but people just stopped using them... maybe someone should bring it back!!!

Seks is chat really that bad? i mean, eve if it's slower, you can still alert everyone at the same time.

if you guys REALLY want to get some 2.0's, just game the system with a squad rush game on Atacama Desert. just get 4 people on the opposite team on the roof, then + shape C4 the ground floor with the explosive perk on. or maybe even squad deathmatch on Arica Harbor.

and speaking of the Pro Tube, i use it on Arica Harbor and White Pass Conquest sometimes too.

TheSeks

Seks is chat really that bad? i mean, eve if it's slower, you can still alert everyone at the same time.

It's not bad in Blazblue (but no one on GAF uses the BBCS chat) or SSF4 as generally two people are focused on the match while everyone else chats about random things or the match ("OH MY! THE ULTRA 2!"), but in Uncharted 2 I always get a weird lag-time (upwards to 2-5 mins) in a match if I'm switching between the chat and the game. It's crazy. That's a Sony first party, I can't imagine Bad Company 2 with it. :/

I mean, yeah, it's beneficial but I've had that lag to where I'd rather in-game XMB, (name)->subject->usb keyboard, down, message, send PS button to exit in-game XMB dance it. :/

Edit: I really don't understand why text in-game chat isn't an option in console games. The last gen is over, to where I could let it slide as "online games" for consoles was new. But if you can't offer a disbaility/inclusion option from the 1990 PC era in addition to the "new shit"/2000 Voice Chat options in PC/Console games, you're a lazy developer. :|

It's not hard to have a "bind t/bind v" or whatever all/team/squad_say option. :| If you aren't going to have the controller option for mouse/keyboard in your console games, this is even easier to include as just plugging in a keyboard will give you a "say" message prompt like LBP1 eventually patched in.

todahawk

just like in 1943, you have to fall like 10ft before you can pull the parachute. mashing works too, since eventually, enough time will have passed.

i remember there was a chatroom... several iterations in fact... but people just stopped using them... maybe someone should bring it back!!!

if you guys REALLY want to get some 2.0's, just game the system with a squad rush game on Atacama Desert. just get 4 people on the opposite team on the roof, then + shape C4 the ground floor with the explosive perk on. or maybe even squad deathmatch on Arica Harbor.

and speaking of the Pro Tube, i use it on Arica Harbor and White Pass Conquest sometimes too.

I'll have to try those.

I'm quite liking the Uzi (with Magnum Bullets).

Also stat server went down again on 360, just when Faceless was cheesing the fuck out of those bastards in Atacama Desert. :lol :lol

recklessmind said:
QUESTION ABOUT AIM ASSIST

I'm diametrically opposed to using any kind of auto aim or aim assist in console shooters... the very first thing I do in an options menu is turn that shit off. However, I realize this might put me at a disadvantage in competitive shooters -- I don't care. I'd rather earn my kills.

Anyway... does BC2 aim assist function in competitive mp? I don't even know... and honestly I don't care if people use it, but I had an idea the other day that maybe turning off aim assist is why my knife never fucking works ever.

90% of the time my knife attack is the generic "cut fence/break window" swipe animation and I very rarely get the stab attack. It gets me killed constantly, and for someone like me who now has every combat pin and almost ever patch I think it's messed up that I don't have 200 knife kills yet.

Can I blame lack of aim assist for this? :lol

Haven't had aim assist on since the beta, but it does mean you need to be a bit quicker on the gun especially with shotties. As far as the knife, well my knife fails just as bad:lol

Evolved1

I'm about to eat something and then play for a few hours...

I'm sure this question's been asked and answered in this thread, but I'll ask again anyway.

Is the onslaught mode worth 400 points? I feel awful even thinking about buying a mode in a video game.

Relaxed Muscle said:
I'm quite liking the Uzi (with Magnum Bullets).

Also stat server went down again on 360, just when Faceless was cheesing the fuck out of those bastards in Atacama Desert Arica Harbor. :lol :lol
i use Magnum Ammo with Assault now since i'm not using the 40MM GL again until i platinum the 40MM SGN. i think the only time i ever used Magnum Ammo with Engineer was when i was trying to get the 5 UMP kills without dying pin on my way to getting the Engineer SpecAct Achievement/Trophy.

i can't believe we were on THE LAST CRATE of Arica Harbor when the servers decided to go down! THE LAST CRATE@)#&@#&@

bluedeviltron said:
I'm sure this question's been asked and answered in this thread, but I'll ask again anyway.

Is the onslaught mode worth 400 points? I feel awful even thinking about buying a mode in a video game.
400 points? maybe... i mean, i guess you can practice flying, and it's kind of fun if you play with a squad. it definitely isn't worth 800. it's on sale this week?

i use Magnum Ammo with Assault now since i'm not using the 40MM GL again until i platinum the 40MM SGN. i think the only time i ever used Magnum Ammo with Engineer was when i was trying to get the 5 UMP kills without dying pin on my way to getting the Engineer SpecAct Achievement/Trophy.

i can't believe we were on THE LAST CRATE of Arica Harbor when the servers decided to go down! THE LAST CRATE@)#&@#&@

O yeah, Arica Harbor...I don't know I was thinking when I say Atacama Desert..., yeah, I was like:"fuck you bastards, this one is ours!!" and then blackout with the dreadful message of server connection lost... :(

And normally I don't use MA on Engineer rifles, specially if I'm with the UMP or the SA-91, but with the Uzi it helps a lot in close quarter battles.
400 points? maybe... i mean, i guess you can practice flying, and it's kind of fun if you play with a squad. it definitely isn't worth 800. it's on sale this week?

Yes, alongside with the SPECACT weapons.

Evolved1

I kind of learned to pilot thanks to onslaught. I'm still not good but at least I don't put it into a mountain 2 seconds after taking off anymore. :lol

Evolved1

This is one of those moments when I'm thinking DICE can go fuck themselves.

On a much lighter note... faceless was a hero today. If not for his help in one particular AC Rush game I might have lost my shit. I imaging I was pretty annoying on the mic but you wouldn't believe the retarded, logic-defying shit that was happening.

Onslaught mode gets my seal of approval. If nothing else it's a pretty bitchin' practice mode, a million times better than SP in that respect. Should've been free, and you shouldn't have to be online to play it, but, yeah ... it's cool.

Moment of the night for me is when Faceless got Jihaded by Jihad Jeep. They actually drove a quad next to him and blew it up :lol :lol :lol

UFRA

We pretty much dominated all of the teams we played against tonight. Wasn't much challenge, but I got some good points and it was fun so it was all good. :D

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
That reminds me. The 3 gifted tanks on Arica Harbor :lol :lol :lol

All four of us had our own tanks and we were all in the same squad.

Oh I forgot about that. :lol :lol

THAT was definitely my highlight of the night. Having 5 tanks on Arica Harbor as Defenders...that's just said on the Attackers part.

Crakatak187 said:
Moment of the night for me is when Faceless got Jihaded by Jihad Jeep. They actually drove a quad next to him and blew it up :lol :lol :lol
i blew it up, but he got the credit for the kill! seriously, he was in the driver's seat, stuck by a tree behind A, not even facing me. i shot at him and *boom* he gets a suicide and a kill. and i get nothing.

UFRA said:
Oh I forgot about that. :lol :lol

THAT was definitely my highlight of the night. Having 5 tanks on Arica Harbor as Defenders...that's just said on the Attackers part.
seriously, after they lost the first tank, you would think they'd stop bailing... but they didn't...

Top Bottom