• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

abuC

I was lagging bad yesterday, I'd shoot a guy and they'd take 3 steps then drop out of nowhere, so annoying. That last game on arica is why I dislike rush for the most part.

Last night was the first time I actually played the game with fellow GAF members...you guys are nuts! :lol (I can't remember who invited me to the squad, but i just remember faceless..)

UFRA

The Faceless Master said:
my crappy ISP went down right in the middle of that game and i couldn't reconnect. i was so upset.

I noticed you were gone. I was like, "shit, we're getting our ass handed to us here...what's wrong with this picture??"

*Hold Select*

"Faceless is gone!?!?! Nooooo, we need him now more than ever!!" :lol

With all of those crap snipers on our team, we needed every aggressive player possible.

olimpia84

I'm working on getting my MOH platinum trophy right now and as soon as I get it I'll jump back to BC2. I actually can't wait to do it because MOH is really bad compared to this game

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
olimpia84 said:
I actually can't wait to do it because MOH is really bad compared to this game

I. TOLD. YOU. Why the hell did you buy it after!?

Geez, some people should trust my taste in shooters over most of GAFs. >_>

abuC said:
I was lagging bad yesterday, I'd shoot a guy and they'd take 3 steps then drop out of nowhere, so annoying. That last game on arica is why I dislike rush for the most part.
i wasn't getting movement lag or rubber banding, but damn, i shot so many people in the face with the 40MM SGN and they killed me and had 100% health in the killcam.

UFRA said:
I noticed you were gone. I was like, "shit, we're getting our ass handed to us here...what's wrong with this picture??"

*Hold Select*

"Faceless is gone!?!?! Nooooo, we need him now more than ever!!" :lol

With all of those crap snipers on our team, we needed every aggressive player possible.
yea, i was like "ok, hope it's not full when i try and reconnect" ... "it's not reconnecting" ... "fuck, disconnected from the PSN" ... *checks PC* ... *no connection* ... *tries to connect for 5 minutes* ... "fuck it, guess i'm going to bed"

xclaw said:
Makes me embrace my ps3 all the more.
Lawl. I've never seen this or really any other hacks. I've only ran into one guy that was obviously hacking. After 600 hours. And he got booted quick.

Looking at the 50 most recent bans you'll see all but one guy is from overseas.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Mr Sandman said:
Lawl. I've never seen this or really any other hacks. I've only ran into one guy that was obviously hacking. After 600 hours. And he got booted quick.

Yeah I have played maybe 3 games total where there was an obvious hacker. I do see people get kicked by punkbuster for hacks all the time though.

Mully

Anyone still play on the Xbox 360? I've been playing solo for a few weeks now and it's getting pretty old. There have been a lot of times where I have had the "I hate my squad" moments. I am going on now for a few hours.

GT: MullyGK1

Mully said:
Anyone still play on the Xbox 360? I've been playing solo for a few weeks now and it's getting pretty old. There have been a lot of times where I have had the "I hate my squad" moments. I am going on now for a few hours.

i do and so does Relaxed Muscle

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Mully said:

I'm on 360 as well. Last night on offense there was one MCOM left to blow up and had a sliver of life left on it. I was the only one trying to C4 it while everyone else was staying put and fucking camping. Of course we lost that match.

richiek said:
I'm on 360 as well. Last night on offense there was one MCOM left to blow up and had a sliver of life left on it. I was the only one trying to C4 it while everyone else was staying put and fucking camping. Of course we lost that match.
RPG!

Spl1nter

Mr Sandman said:

Ive seen 2 people. Which accounted for 30 mins of my 200 hours of play. Hackers are really rare. Being called a hacker on the other hand; that happened to me twice on Tuesday :D

Keldor

The Faceless Master said:
so who plays on 360 other than Relaxed Muscle? and Relaxed, how about that chopper theft on Atacama Rush? that other team played so cowardly, just hiding in their base the whole game.

yeah, the shaking actually doesn't affect your aim, if you have someone in your sights before the shaking starts, shoot and you will hit them.

medics weren't nerfed! the guns are more accurate than before. the M60 damage was lowered, but that's about it...
I'm on 360 but quit playing due to frustrations with randoms. If some folks from Neogaf are playing, I'd be glad to give it another go.

Gamer Tag: Skeletor64

TheSeks

PS3 froze. And that's my "fuck this shit" point of the day.

I dunno why the hell you guys continue to play Rush, that lighthouse map shows how fucking stupid it can be at times.

"DERP, YOU HAVE US TO 50 TICKETS!? UAV C4!"

SMH.

(And yes, we've been down this road so many times. Yes, I know it isn't going to be fixed. Yes, I'm pissed as I could do a better fucking balance job than most of DICE and I'm a fucking cripple. Goddamn.)

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
I. TOLD. YOU. Why the hell did you buy it after!?

Geez, some people should trust my taste in shooters over most of GAFs. >_>

B2G1 promo at Toys R Us...my goal is to get all the trophies and sell it right away :D

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
B2G1 promo at Toys R Us...my goal is to get all the trophies and sell it right away :D

Even in a B2G1, I wouldn't have chosen Medal of Honor, man. You could've gotten:

-Any other game here

For that price. :|

That clan we played against in Valparaiso sent me a clan invite. I told them no they blow and they took offense. We won on attack and they all bailed. I Tried to egg them on but no response afterward. I think they blocked me.

Lesson of the day. Don't cheese if you cannot deal with it being done back to your team.

Crakatak187 said:
That clan we played against in Valparaiso sent me a clan invite. I told them no they blow and they took offense. We won on attack and they all bailed. I Tried to egg them on but no response afterward. I think they blocked me.

Lesson of the day. Don't cheese if you cannot deal with it being done back to your team.
:lol :lol :lol

you should have told them "i might have joined if you guys could manage to take down A on Port Valdez"

Keldor said:
I'm on 360 but quit playing due to frustrations with randoms. If some folks from Neogaf are playing, I'd be glad to give it another go.

Gamer Tag: Skeletor64

I've added a number of people from the GAF BFBC2 account, but don't seem to see anyone playing this lately.

Keldor

MarkMclovin said:
I've added a number of people from the GAF BFBC2 account, but don't seem to see anyone playing this lately.
Going camping this weekend but I'll be on Sunday. I normally do my gaming on the weekends at night and some weeknights.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:

:lol :lol :lol They sucked so much they pretty much had to resort to UAV C4 after we caught them. They slipped into the base on last set Valpariso, and I'm like "NO! THEY'RE IN B!" *XM8 LMG from a dead medic of theirs on them, die. Get the dude laying C4 taken out, JM gets tank, we hold the line. Until UAV C4*

Ugh. Fucking hate that shit.

Marvie_3

Banned
MarkMclovin said:
If you see me online, just send me a message. I'll probably hop onto BC2.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Update coming to PC:

Now.. we want to announce these first fixes we have made and let you know that these are just one part of a bigger list of updates that we are going to release very soon. This update will also require server downtime

This is what we can confirm for now:

One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.

- One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.

- Hit registration changes brought over from MOH to BC2; several bugfixes, the client<->server send rates have been increased, some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns, but will not make much of a difference to the knife.
Removed the blue box behind the chat window.

- The 2-second immunity when spawning/being revived can will now be immediately remove either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). Merely looking around will not remove the invulnerability. In essence: If a person moves, he is never invulnerable.

- 3D vision fixed.

New Blog Post about BDBC2 Vietnam
Blog_5F00_Dyna_5F00_001.png

poppabk

- The 2-second immunity when spawning/being revived can will now be immediately remove either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). Merely looking around will not remove the invulnerability. In essence: If a person moves, he is never invulnerable.
Can't help thinking this will complicate things as now you can't tell if they are invulnerable or not.

abuC

The PSN Gaf crew is great, I haven't played with my old squad in a while, it was fun playing with them but it was like a squad full of people that played like me. I like the random craziness some of the GAF players have, even if it freezes my PS3 at times.

poppabk said:
Can't help thinking this will complicate things as now you can't tell if they are invulnerable or not.

Way better than revived people killing you thanks to the invunerability.

This patch better reach consoles, hitboxes need to be fixed for us peasants too.

poppabk said:

I doubt it. Most of the time when someone is revived in this situation, its in the thick of a battle. First instinct is to move and/or shoot. I think it'll be great.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
I doubt it. Most of the time when someone is revived in this situation, its in the thick of a battle. First instinct is to move and/or shoot. I think it'll be great.

Ya there really is no negative to the change. You planning to play anytime soon?

poppabk

Mr. Snrub said:
I'm not sure why they just don't get rid of the invulnerability completely. Sure it sucks that you can get revived straight into death, but 2 seconds of invulnerable looking around ain't gonna help that.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Tomorrow, most likely noontime or thereabouts. You down?

Cant im going back home plus studying for two midterms and an essay for monday/tuesday next week. If you have time mid next week we can play.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Crakatak187 said:
I hope they balance Rush in that patch then. It's taking them forever. I'm tired of every match being the same.

Isn't this just for the PC... do you play on both PS3/PC?

My PC is too shitty. What PC gets will eventually go over to Console in the future visa versa. We've seen this a couple of times already. It's safe to assume consoles will be getting similar changes in the future.

Evolved1

Crakatak187 said:
My PC is too shitty. What PC gets will eventually go over to Console in the future visa versa. We've seen this a couple of times already. It's safe to assume consoles will be getting similar changes in the future.

I hope so 'cause I'm getting kind of bored with the current rush games... it's only fun with gaf.

It all plays out the same.

Gaf owns the opposing team. Opposing team brings out massive Quad C4, Squad C4, UAV C4. I said I knew they were going to UAV C4. Proceed to spawn camp those cowards who stay in their base that doesn't attack conventionally.

Evolved1

dralla said:
all of the good maps are in Conquest anyway, play that instead.

Conquest is worse for gaf... I mean we end up spawn slaughtering people in rush sometimes... conquest is just a series of opposing team rage quits.

Sometimes you get a good game or two but most of the time the other team quits.

Top Bottom