• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

aristotle

recklessmind said:
Hmm... my cousin is playing this right now. Maybe I'll check it out after all... I thought you couldn't shoot through shit.

You can, although there are less destructable elements in MoH. Mostly just crates, concrete blocks and parts of walls (with the machine guns). Also mortar strikes/missile strikes can ill through buildings. I'm not sure if that's a glitch or I was just standing to close to an open wall and the blast radius is big.

poppabk said:
I enjoyed the beta after spending some time with it, but for me, all the things that they removed from BC2 are the things that I really like - spotting, lots of vehicles, destruction, squads, distinct classes, explosives. I also prefer the gunplay in BC2, mainly because of the recoil, MoH felt too easy after coming from BC2, although I wish the damage model of MoH was in BC2. MoH is definitely a good game (in MP at least), and the beta has tempted me to get it down the line, but there aren't (m)any games out there that do what BC2 does on the scale it does (by which I mean small scale).

MoH is small scale. The maps so far are pretty good, but there are a few that need to get the glitches worked on (camping spots mostly). True there are only 3 classes in MoH but they each serve their purpose although the sniper is the only one that is different than the other two. One just has RPGs. The recoil I think will be changed with more patches. most of the explosives aren't insta-kill. You have to get really close or the splash radius won't affect them much. I've only seen vehichles pop up in one map and they definitely seem over-powered. I wish there was spotting in MoH. It's such a good resource, although even in BC2 games, people rarely use it.

recklessmind said:
Is there any kind of VIP horseshit like in BC2?

I'll rent MOH to see if I like it before buying, but I'd rather not be locked out of content.

Like already said, yeah it's still in there. :( Although I've seen posts from people who rented it, so I'm not sure if they're lying or the online code is different this time around.

The Faceless Master said:
v4xGC.png

360 -------------------- PS3
I wish I were you...I've played the game since March and I think I only have 1 or 2 D2.0 kills. : (

Donos

A sucky team bothers me waaayy more than in TF2. Hell, i played some maps where i literally blew up all MCOMs alone while the rest of the bunch was "hanging back". Same with defusing the MCOM. Same shit, nobody wants to die. I end up with most point but always with most deaths.They should have made the scoreboard like in TF2 more highlighting the points instead of K/D.

Also ppl underestimate the smokegrenades in rush. I saved a bunch of rounds with it (attacking and defending). Still love this game. Now lvl 19 (started 2 weeks ago) but played only with Assault and Engie.

Also i played yesterday with one guy who dominated everything in every map with a heli. I bet he had a Joystick. He danced around hills, trees and buildings while avoiding every missile like nothing.

Massa said:
BC2 is for the "Holy Shit that tank just destroyed the building... that I was inside of", MoH is for a more gunplay focused experience (at the detriment of the Holy Shit moments and squad tactics).

For example, I always wanted to play White Pass/Rush without Destruction 2.0, which ruins that map.
crate placement and map direction ruin that map.

if it went in the opposite direction and there was a crate in the well at base 1 and one in the backyard in front of the guard tower at base 2, it could be a fun map.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

if it went in the opposite direction and there was a crate in the well at base 1 and one in the backyard in front of the guard tower at base 2, it could be a fun map.

Yes, exactly.

aristotle said:
Not having destruction in a game isn't a big deal. You can still shoot through objects so I don't get what it is you're saying. Also, most of the bad things you've heard about MoH seem to be people looking to play the game like CoD. Most of the people who played BC2 and liked it have so far liked MoH. It's not without it's flaws, but some of the issues should be worked out over time just like with BC2 (which still has bugs they won't fix).

I like the MOH MP, from what I played in the recent beta, but I don't really see any point to NOT having destruction. It's a shame.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got a PSN card to buy Vietnam.
IM READY DICE!!! BRING IT!!!

$15 would be the ideal price for me.

aristotle said:
It won't be coming out for awhile right? I wish it was sooner.
Theres no date yet. =/

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Yeah if you win, then its usually anti-climactic - massive open warfare at the first set of crates followed by skirmishes that are lackluster. It lacks the right pacing, especially as it doesn't provide any opportunity for a last stand.

aristotle said:
That'll be awesome if it does come out this month, but I bet it'll be around CoD release day.
I wouldn't be surprised if it came out early next year (Jan or Feb). Winter can go clear until March, right? That's probably why they haven't been clearer than just "winter" (eg: fall, November, before Christmas, etc). Developers do this all the time (happened last year with PD XBLA, came out right at winter's end :\).

I could be and hope I am wrong. Hopefully they have been vague if they need more time *just in case*, but its on track for November/December.

Evolved1

Man this game is hard to play with randoms... especially defense. I had to turn it off.

Hopefully gaf gets on on later tonight.

recklessmind said:
Man this game is hard to play with randoms... especially defense. I had to turn it off.

Hopefully gaf gets on on later tonight.

It's funny how fun and amazing the game is with friends/a good team, but it's fucking disgusting with randoms most of the time :lol

Evolved1

Mr. Snrub said:
It's funny how fun and amazing the game is with friends/a good team, but it's fucking disgusting with randoms most of the time :lol

I get so mad. :lol

Btw what is your avatar... Silent Hill?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Where do i check how many Destruction 2.0 kills i have?

Evolved1

Pandoracell said:
So I guess that rumor about more maps being released hasn't materialized yet?

I'd be more inclined to believe a rumor about big foot or aliens.

Fersis said:
Where do i check how many Destruction 2.0 kills i have?

It used to be here, but they haven't updated in forever...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Who the hell are some of these people? Did GAF suddenly swell with PS3 players in the past week I've been floundering with Blazblue and SSF4? :lol

Mauricio_Magus <---Who is this? :lol

Ocho

TheSeks said:
Who the hell are some of these people? Did GAF suddenly swell with PS3 players in the past week I've been floundering with Blazblue and SSF4? :lol

Mauricio_Magus <---Who is this? :lol

Real life friend and GAF lurker. He plays once every three months, or somesuch. :lol

TheSeks

Snowballo said:
Could you explain to me what is the Destruction 2.0? Thanks.

*you stand in a building*
*I 6C4+Exploisve up the foundation*
*RUMBLE RUMBLE*
*building collapses while you're in it*
TheSeks <Destruction 2.0> Snowballo

kevm3

Mr. Snrub said:
I like the MOH MP, from what I played in the recent beta, but I don't really see any point to NOT having destruction. It's a shame.

I think the maps are too small for a lot of destruction. If you could level all of the buildings, the game would devolve into a bunch of wide open landscapes in a smaller sandbox.

Crakatak187 said:
We finished so many games today. On Nelson bay that guy is such a trooper it was hilarious.
i can't believe he got to A and then... ARMED IT!!! wtf guy, you're an Assault, shoulda used the 40MMGL and took out all the walls... there weren't that many left! instead, he alerts us to his presence.

UFRA

I failed to get a road kill on him with his own UAV while he was parachuting, but I did get him once he landed. :D

TheSeks

kevm3 said:
I think the maps are too small for a lot of destruction. If you could level all of the buildings, the game would devolve into a bunch of wide open landscapes in a smaller sandbox.

Then why use Frostbite? Use the fucking Unreal Engine like the singleplayer developers were using. DICE has experince with it from Mirror's Edge, there is no excuse to not using it and creating the UE "CoD" to Q3A's... Call of Duty (which is literally what CoD is: Q3A Modern Warfare mods).

Using Frostbite on small maps that can't be deformed and only have "wood planks" or whatever the fuck covering the windows able to be destroyed is (IMO) a waste of resources and engine space.

Edit: And while I'm on it: Not being able to blow holes in the map didn't kill the game for me. But what did was that you couldn't clamber over shit and had to walk around/find another way. That city map in Iraq or whatever, you see a dude in the construction building thing run past.

"OH HEY! I WANT TO BLOW A HOLE IN THE WALL-"
Dice: "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT FROSTBITE!"
"Can I jump over i--"
Dice: "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT FROSTBITE!"
"...Fuck this shit."

Unless the multiplayer has been significantly improved from the PS3 beta to where using Frostbite for more than "ooh and ahhh" destruction happens, I can't give a shit about the multiplayer. MoH is trying to be "BC2 and CoD in a blender" and fails at both.

I think the only time I enjoyed the MoH beta was the objective mode, but there was some issues with the map (turrets and a huge wasteland for attackers to cross) and the killstreaks were bugged to where trying to play that map basically made you reset your PS3 every five seconds.

Crakatak187 said:
I actually seen his quad and I let him by because of pity

I started to motocross with that ATV. Public dude that joined our squad sat on, probably wondering what the fuck I was doing but I got bored.

GAF clears YET another server...

I missed having the ability to win games unlike playing Fighting Games like Blazblue and SSF4. *siiigh*

Faceless: BC1 on Saturday, okay?

That Nelson Bay was the highlight of tonight :lol
JM hopping on the enemy UAV was hilarious

That guy is not a random. He is a friend of ours. He plays with me, JM, and Azrim when he use to play.

Fredyctf is also a friend of ours but he was unfortunate to be on the opposing team.

His PSN is Tsgwes and he's a cool guy.

Erasus

What is it with this game and dual-cores? I can run every other console ports fine, but this chugs down to 20fps in fights!

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:

That was the dude that was on the ATV with me during Nelson Bay tonight. :lol

The highlight of the night for me was trying to "glitch grab" the UAV before the "BASE TAKEN, MOVE UP!" on Port Valadez, which didn't happen. Someone anti-aired the helicopter enough to where it lands at the first set/second set base and I'm the only one there.

*run up, G3 a dude in the face, he gets in the helicopter, they don't take off*

"Well, okay..."

*lay C4 on the rotor/tail*

TheSeks <C4> Helicopter Pilot

"That'll teach you."

Fersis

G_Berry said:
URG!!!! It pains me to see that assholes like him who clearly know fuck all about gaming get jobs like that.
DICE, hire me, fire him and I guarantee you will sell more copies of your games!
Are you talking about Zh1nt0 ?

todahawk

Crakatak187 said:
That Nelson Bay was the highlight of tonight :lol
JM hopping on the enemy UAV was hilarious

That guy is not a random. He is a friend of ours. He plays with me, JM, and Azrim when he use to play.

Fredyctf is also a friend of ours but he was unfortunate to be on the opposing team.

I met wes through AzRim, I haven't played with him in ages but yeah, he's a good guy.

olimpia84

Had some good games last night with gaffers. Highlight of the night was Panama Canal; we were down to like 10 vs 29 tickets and managed to capture all flags and bleed the tickets out and won with 6 tickets to spare. :D

olimpia84

Shuusui said:
I feel like I'm the only one who has CONSISTENT game crashes with this title on my PS3. Makes me not want Vietnam at all.

You're not the only one, I already lost count on how many times my game crashed.

Shuusui said:
I feel like I'm the only one who has CONSISTENT game crashes with this title on my PS3. Makes me not want Vietnam at all.
i guess you haven't played BC1 or 1943? all the frostbite games have weird freezes on both PS3 and 360. the 360 BC2 also has an issue where it just boots you to the dashboard randomly.

Fersis

i guess you haven't played BC1 or 1943? all the frostbite games have weird freezes on both PS3 and 360. the 360 BC2 also has an issue where it just boots you to the dashboard randomly.
Some weeks ago the crash happened to a dev using a debug unit so theyre now 'looking into it'.

YAY!
So... wheres my Vietnam? Or a patch? or the rumored free maps?

Fersis said:
Some weeks ago the crash happened to a dev using a debug unit so theyre now 'looking into it'.

YAY!
So... wheres my Vietnam? Or a patch? or the rumored free maps?
:lol :lol :lol @ "looking into it"

it's been an issue across 3 games in 3 years, there's no way they could have missed it. especially in BC1, getting to the final base on defense on Harvest Day is almost a 50/50 on "will it lock up?"

U2NUMB

Most recently in MOH online.. I am getting that strange Frostbite 1 second freeze ups at times very often during matches. Very annoying.

Top Bottom