• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

abuC

That happened to me yesterday on Isla, game straight locked up on me. It used to happen a lot with BC1, not so much now but still enough that it's a problem.

aristotle

Actually from what I read, those freezes used to be crashes in the beta. They stopped it from crashing finally, so now it just freezes for a few seconds. I wish they would finally get rid of this bug that follows their games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Meh, it only locks up for me when there is a bunch of explosions. *shrug*

Haven't had a random freeze like BC1 does in BC2.

TheSeks said:
Meh, it only locks up for me when there is a bunch of explosions. *shrug*

Haven't had a random freeze like BC1 does in BC2.
it's not just explosions for me, vehicle collisions also do it, and occasionally D2.0 house collapses.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
We should help each other with this one... :lol

Missed out on a bunch of chances for d 2.0 kills last night... i still need 8 and god help me i need to get that fucking platinum before it drives me insane! Please yes we need to get another "boosting" group together.

but the epic matches with neoparadigm and xuxley made up for it. We were top squad every match and the only ones playing offense or defense, arming or disarming. Crazy. At certain points we'd just take over and GET SHIT DONE. 'Twas glorious.

Any new PS3 players: feel free to add me- psn id= todahawk (on late evenings EST)

aristotle

greenjerk said:
Missed out on a bunch of chances for d 2.0 kills last night... i still need 8 and god help me i need to get that fucking platinum before it drives me insane! Please yes we need to get another "boosting" group together.

but the epic matches with neoparadigm and xuxley made up for it. We were top squad every match and the only ones playing offense or defense, arming or disarming. Crazy. At certain points we'd just take over and GET SHIT DONE. 'Twas glorious.

Any new PS3 players: feel free to add me- psn id= todahawk (on late evenings EST)

I'd be up for boosting ;)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Faceless is like... I'm going to start calling him game genie because he's able to do stuff that's tantamount to hacking.

Earlier today I spawned on him and I looked around... we were on top of this mountain with perfect position looking down at the attackers and I'm like how the fuck did you get up here!?

:lol

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Toxa said:
Rush is broken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhcDHgQDzS0

That man speak the truth.
But they successfully defended. I think the UAV C4 is broken, seeing as it is nonsensical to not have C4 kill the UAV, but rockets and quads are counterable.
The problems I see are this
- if they take out crate bashing defenders will win ~80-90% of the time
- defence will become an outright campfest without the rockets to force the defenders to push out

Without Rockets and C4 vehicles they have to come out. If the team doesn't come out they deserve to lose X10.

People are depending too much on bashing and everything else falters. I hardly seen any tactics anymore on attacking for the last 2 months. Before I actually see people planning ahead.

recklessmind said:
Faceless is like... I'm going to start calling him game genie because he's able to do stuff that's tantamount to hacking.

Earlier today I spawned on him and I looked around... we were on top of this mountain with perfect position looking down at the attackers and I'm like how the fuck did you get up here!?

:lol
:lol :lol :lol

poppabk said:
But they successfully defended. I think the UAV C4 is broken, seeing as it is nonsensical to not have C4 kill the UAV, but rockets and quads are counterable.
The problems I see are this
- if they take out crate bashing defenders will win ~80-90% of the time
- defence will become an outright campfest without the rockets to force the defenders to push out
yeah, the aerial C4 attacks are hard to defend against. basically, your best bet is to do what the guy did in the video... spawn camp the shit out of them once they're no longer protected by their invincible first base. and i know if the other team *had* to arm, i wouldn't leave the base, and i doubt i'm alone on that.

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
SO FUCKING PISSED! I just checked and the game I got disconnected from lost me TWO fucking destruction 2.0 kills goddamit!

Having lost two knife attacks on friends (enough for the trophy) for a similar reason... I feel your pain. :/

For the most part, good fun tonight though.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Having lost two knife attacks on friends (enough for the trophy) for a similar reason... I feel your pain. :/

For the most part, good fun tonight though.
Yup, good matches offsets the crap! :D
Off to bed though... shouldn't have stayed up this late! :lol

The Faceless Master said:
:lol :lol :lol

yeah, the aerial C4 attacks are hard to defend against. basically, your best bet is to do what the guy did in the video... spawn camp the shit out of them once they're no longer protected by their invincible first base. and i know if the other team *had* to arm, i wouldn't leave the base, and i doubt i'm alone on that.
That video did reminded me of that old Port Valdez game we had long ago :lol

Evolved1

The following is a public service announcement: UZI w/ MAG is the best gun in the game.

Also... to DICE: Hahaha ok funny joke. But seriously please fix Rush now.

TheSeks

Sorry I didn't play this weekend or keep my promise to play BC1 yesterday (maybe today?), Faceless. Uncharted 2's 5x EXP called to me.

Had some fun with rotating among a huge GAF crew there, finally got the last booster/perk: "COME GET SOME" a "Badge of Honor"/negative perk that shows where you are to enemies. The medal for five kills with it on is "Ego Maniac." :lol

So yeah, I'm done with the stupid insane leveling in Uncharted 2 (it's nothing but skins now) so I'm done with the 2x/5x or whatever EXP weekends. Won't be ditching you again. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
recklessmind said:
The following is a public service announcement: UZI w/ MAG is the best gun in the game.

Also... to DICE: Hahaha ok funny joke. But seriously please fix Rush now.
Yup, i friggin' love it.

TheSeks

greenjerk said:
I bronzed it and never touched it again. Gonna have to try it out again. >_>

Uzi's not bad. The iron sights is a bit small so it takes a few games to adjust, but it can be pretty good at all ranges with MA slapped on it.

I'm more an XM8 Compact or PP2000 (despite the damage/clip size) man, myself. Once I have those bronzed, I'm going back to the AKS-74U

Spl1nter

TheSeks said:
Uzi's not bad. The iron sights is a bit small so it takes a few games to adjust, but it can be pretty good at all ranges with MA slapped on it.

I'm more an XM8 Compact or PP2000 (despite the damage/clip size) man, myself. Once I have those bronzed, I'm going back to the AKS-74U

I really like the 9A91. While it has low bullet count the damage/bullet is high and the weapon is very accurate. Making it versatile in all situations. XM8 is good as well.

scoobs said:
I finally decided to give the svu sniper a try today.... How could I have missed out on all this fun!?

Feel so inconsistent with that gun. Sometime it just plain misses, other times its accurate.

Evolved1

olimpia84 said:
Uzis are awesome, it was very easy to rack up kills with that weapon because it has very little recoil

I think it's my favorite because of the high ROF... you win most CQB encounters unless it's against a shotgun. Also, you get these random stray bullets when you're bursting that have a very high % of headshots, even at range -- often at range. Then there's the fact you never really have to use ironsights because it's monstrously accurate/powerful from the hip. I put ACOG on it now and then with pretty good results, but you don't really need it if you mostly play from the hip. That allows you the extra perk (extra rockets is my preferred choice).

I cannot count the times I've killed a guy (20 - 50 yards) running away with like the last bullet in the magazine. The last bullet or two always seem to get the job done even if I was inaccurate with most of the shots... it's like they just always find a way to kill the guy. Magic bullets in the UZI, I'm telling you.

If a guy is close quarters you can just hold the trigger and spray the shit out of him (Halo 2 SMG bullet spam style) and if a guy is further out... it just takes a couple controlled bursts.

I'm getting close to platinum on it... just so good.

On the same note of pimping underutilized weapons: another unsung hero of a rifle is the F2000. Mag and 40mm shotgun and that thing is a beast.

Spl1nter

recklessmind said:
On the same note of pimping underutilized weapons: another unsung hero of a rifle is the F2000. Mag and 40mm shotgun and that thing is a beast.

I would say that is more of a fun combo to run around with rather then an effective combination. Used to call that gun Super SMG in BC1.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
I'll be playing before and after the cowboys game...

I'm working on house shit but I can see the TV from where I'll be working... :lol
I'll be on later though.

I run my assault with the AN94 and smoke if on offense, GL on defense. I'm gonna have to try some others. I'll probably vary my classes a bit more once i get my damn second platinum. That'll be the neostead or hand grenades, I'm working on my 4th star with the NS and 5th for hand grenades.

Evolved1

Spl1nter said:
I would say that is more of a fun combo to run around with rather then an effective combination. Used to call that gun Super SMG in BC1.

I consider it effective because it's like carrying three weapons... I can't think of anything better to clear a room with the exception of the carl gustav or a frag. The 40 mm owns people with a wide spread, very rapid switch to primary you can tear through the whole mag in like 1.5 seconds and then your sidearm. It's pretty awesome feeling to own a group of people in CQB like that.

Again, kind of like the Uzi... high ROF w/ low recoil. + Mag and it's definitely powerful combination.

greenjerk said:
I'm working on house shit but I can see the TV from where I'll be working... :lol
I'll be on later though.

I run my assault with the AN94 and smoke if on offense, GL on defense. I'm gonna have to try some others. I'll probably vary my classes a bit more once i get my damn second platinum. That'll be the neostead or hand grenades, I'm working on my 4th star with the NS and 5th for hand grenades.

I want to like smoke. I really do... but it always fucks me. Sometimes I'll get this thick lingering cloud of smoke and that's great. But then when I really need it for cover I'll get some ridiculous tiny "puff" that lasts like 3 seconds. :lol

Spl1nter

recklessmind said:
I consider it effective because it's like carrying three weapons... I can't think of anything better to clear a room with the exception of the carl gustav or a frag. The 40 mm owns people with a wide spread, very rapid switch to primary you can tear through the whole mag in like 1.5 seconds and then your sidearm. It's pretty awesome feeling to own a group of people in CQB like that.

Again, kind of like the Uzi... high ROF w/ low recoil. + Mag and it's definitely powerful combination.

Just would rather have the xm8 instead of f2000. A lot more versatile, f2000 is useless outside of short range.

Evolved1

Spl1nter said:
Just would rather have the xm8 instead of f2000. A lot more versatile, f2000 is useless outside of short range.

This is mostly true... can't really argue there.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The console screenshot feature never worked right?

todahawk

recklessmind said:

I want to like smoke. I really do... but it always fucks me. Sometimes I'll get this thick lingering cloud of smoke and that's great. But then when I really need it for cover I'll get some ridiculous tiny "puff" that lasts like 3 seconds. :lol

yeah, smoke seems to act differently depending on what you hit. flat ground = nice coverage. hit a box or something and yeah, tiny poof. if i really want to provide cover for a plant, i sit on an ammo box first and start laying it down. friday night when i played with neo and xuxley i was putting smoke down like a mofo and planting left and right. really pissed off their snipers and AT guys when there was a nice wall of smoke as we approached the m-coms. :lol

definitely gonna try the uzi/mag combo, as well as the f2000/SG combo. When I run assault or engineer against a mass of attackers/defenders I've been running out of ammo in main gun/side arm/launcher. might switch to SG attachment on defense, love the smoke too much now. i'm the only one that seems to use it!:lol

edit:
@Fersis- yeah, i don't think they ever got that fixed.

Top Bottom