• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

The console patch is not anytime soon. PC users are our guinea pigs for our patch. It is the truth since it happened last time.

If you are on PS3 feel free to add me I got 12 spots left.

PSN:Crakatak187

faridmon

Crakatak187 said:
The console patch is not anytime soon. PC users are our guinea pigs for our patch. It is the truth since it happened last time.

If you are on PS3 feel free to add me I got 12 spots left.

PSN:Crakatak187
Cheers for answering.
I'll try to add you in the weekend. I am moving right now, and I am sadden as yesterday might be my last session of BC2 in about a week :(

TheAzRim said:
Hi,

I'll be back soon playing this. My friends played a dumb prank on me and deleted my whole friends list while I was passed out drunk. And I haven't been playing much games lately anyway so I never got back to adding some of you. I remember most of you that I played with though so hopefully you guys are not mad. I miss this game...

Wes was disappointed when we told him you quit. His PSN:Tsgwes if you forgotten. If some of PS3 Gaf didn't know he's a great friend of PS3 Gaf despite not being a poster.

mr_nothin

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Patch is fucking massive. 789 mb? God damn.
I'm already done and hit detection seems alot better to me so far :D
Hopefully I'm not coming down with 'new patch' syndrome.
BTW, patch is 870mb for the non-steam version.

I was diagnosed with the "I want patch syndrome, Dice has forgotten us" for months now. Some of us had discussions this and last week about it.

mr_nothin

Banned
Ok...I'm not coming down with anything. The hit detection IS better. Less rubberbanding too...I'm also dying a little quicker. Blackhawks are freaking beasting now!

Also getting better performance too

demolitio

It's sad that this game is 15 bucks on the EA Store right now yet it's still to expensive for me. I guess it might be the fact that I'd hate to buy the game again after playing a lot of PS3 version, but I miss playing the stupid game and the balance and exploit fixes they've done makes me want it again.

I need to find a 20 or 25% off coupon which I should get for my birthday on Nov. 5th but the sale ends by then. :lol

I think that Atacama C4 exploit mention in the change list is related to the splash damage going through walls.

I twitted Demize about it and he twitted back that it was fixed.

Massa

demolitio said:
It's sad that this game is 15 bucks on the EA Store right now yet it's still to expensive for me. I guess it might be the fact that I'd hate to buy the game again after playing a lot of PS3 version, but I miss playing the stupid game and the balance and exploit fixes they've done makes me want it again.

I need to find a 20 or 25% off coupon which I should get for my birthday on Nov. 5th but the sale ends by then. :lol

Are you posting in the correct thread? Because cogitating not buying BC2 for $15 is crazy talk...

Xux

Gawd, I feel totally oblivious to what's goin' on in this game. You guys should look at me when I'm playing and whatever direction I'm not facing is the direction the enemies are coming from.

Nabs

demolitio said:

$15 is dirt cheap for a game as good as this one. the pc version is such a different experience.

demolitio

Nabs said:
$15 is dirt cheap for a game as good as this one. the pc version is such a different experience.
Yea, I guess I just fear I won't play it as much as I should after playing the PS3 version so much. But by reading all these patches and not to mention the graphical differences, I feel like I must jump in. I guess it's just hard for me to justify buying a game I already own when I have no money coming in if that makes sense. But really, it basically is a whole different game. :D

That's why I feel 10 bucks would be a sure thing rather than $15 since I saw it for $11 once but I was too late. Damn it'd be a lot easier if you could trade in PC games except for Goozex. :lol

i seriously can't believe they made countermeasures recover faster. Isla HIND rape is gonna be even more epic!

Crakatak187 said:
I think that Atacama C4 exploit mention in the change list is related to the splash damage going through walls.

I twitted Demize about it and he twitted back that it was fixed.
wait, so they fixed that on just Atacama?

Donos

I don't see the tank or heli ammo shells anymore while firing. If i'm in the MG seat and the driver fires them i see them.Also when an enemy is firing with the tank. is this a bug ? someone else on the server mentioned it too. the hit detection seems really improved (mid-long range). PC Version

The Faceless Master said:
i seriously can't believe they made countermeasures recover faster. Isla HIND rape is gonna be even more epic!

wait, so they fixed that on just Atacama?
I think Arica harbor as well. Can somebody test it on the PC?

Crakatak187 said:
I think Arica harbor as well. Can somebody test it on the PC?
but it works on basically any map. C4 just has a specific range and walls, ceilings and floors don't matter. it would be silly to fix it for just some maps.

Az

Crakatak187 said:
Wes was disappointed when we told him you quit. His PSN:Tsgwes if you forgotten. If some of PS3 Gaf didn't know he's a great friend of PS3 Gaf despite not being a poster.

Hope he is still playing, he's a great guy to play with. I will add all of you that I had before.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
New Blog Post : Vietnam Hardware #4: The Rusty and Unscoped Weapons of the 60's
Blog_5F00_Weapon_5F00_001.jpg

Okay, that's it for this week! Return here next Friday for what could be the most sizzling episode yet of this blog series.
Release date ?

Mr. Snrub said:
oooh, 1 less blackhawk bullet to kill (or 1 more within 30M) [went from 20.0-14.3 to a steady 16.7]

Carl Gustav went from 80% more lethal than RPG-7 to 20% more lethal

omg M60 and AN-94 are NNNEEERRFFFEEDD!!! wow, they are literally the worst guns in their class now.

MG3 is in line with the other medic guns.

M95 lethal range doubled, M24 and GOL are still worthless.

wait, when did the G3 go back up to 25/20? it was 20/19.5 the last time i checked the charts.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The AT4 is now triple its original start speed and is permanently 50% above its old max.

Nabs

demolitio said:
Yea, I guess I just fear I won't play it as much as I should after playing the PS3 version so much. But by reading all these patches and not to mention the graphical differences, I feel like I must jump in. I guess it's just hard for me to justify buying a game I already own when I have no money coming in if that makes sense. But really, it basically is a whole different game. :D

That's why I feel 10 bucks would be a sure thing rather than $15 since I saw it for $11 once but I was too late. Damn it'd be a lot easier if you could trade in PC games except for Goozex. :lol

i get it. buuuuuuuuut if you're willing to put down $10, then that extra $5 is definitely worth it. the server browser man... the server browser! never play in a server with under 30 people again.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The Faceless Master said:
:lol :lol :lol

what the fuck?
Used to be 25 when launched and capable of boosting to 50. Now it is listed as boosting to 75 with no initial speed listed.

Ugh, not digging the noob-friendly hit detection found in the last patch and made worse in this. The launch hit detection was pretty wonky sometimes, but when it worked right it at least took skill. Now I am getting sniped by Uzis and other shit. Attacking is just like walking into your grave. Good thing I am getting bored with this game right in time for BO.

Still think it's absolutely idiotic to hawk "NO ATTACHMENTS FOR AUTHENTICITY" as a feature. Attachments to weapons weren't invented in the 21st century, use your fucking imagination. The first night vision scopes were used in Vietnam, goddammit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LMAO "L130602" is a crybaby. Keep having to delete him and he readds me after I keep shuffling people around. Finally tell him we don't really play any games (we haven't even played a game since Burnout Paradise back two-three years ago) and he sends me a "FUCK U THEN" message.

Makes me really wonder how old some of the people on my list is. But hey, guess he won't bother me anymore.

Doesn't hurt that he seems to be a young KKK/hate-mongering southern, either.

Anyway, on topic:

poppabk said:
The AT4 is now triple its original start speed and is permanently 50% above its old max.

Wow, WTF did they have to BUFF it for? Putting it back at it's normal speed would've made it fine. But whatever, free AT4 spamming kills for me then! :lol

Faceless said:
omg M60 and AN-94 are NNNEEERRFFFEEDD!!! wow, they are literally the worst guns in their class now.

Good thing I got the platinums for BOTH when the getting was good.
AN-94 will forever be my BFF so long as the damage hasn't been nerfed too much + no recoil.

Top Bottom