• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

hrm, got 600 kills each on 360 and PS3 to go with the M60 and 700 on 360 for the AN-94

honestly, the damage reduction is kind of crazy...

Code:
Weapon	Max	Min	Rate	DPS	DPSm
AEK-971	14.3	14.3	800	190.67	190.67
XM8	16.7	14.3	750	208.75	178.75
F2000	12.5	12.5	850	177.08	177.08
AUG	16.7	12.5	700	194.83	145.83
[U]AN-94	20	14.3	600	200.00	143.00[/U]
AN-94	16.7	14.3	600	167.00	143.00
M416	16.7	14.3	700	194.83	166.83
M16	14.3	14.3	800	190.67	190.67

PKM	16.7	14.3	650	180.92	154.92
M249	14.3	11.2	800	190.67	149.33
T88	14.3	12.5	650	154.92	135.42
[U]M60	20	16.7	550	183.33	153.08[/U]
M60	16.7	14.3	550	153.08	131.08
XM8 LMG	14.3	12.5	750	178.75	156.25
MG36	14.3	12.5	750	178.75	156.25
[U]MG3	12.5	10	1000	208.33	166.67[/U]
MG3	11.2	10	1000	186.67	166.67

underlined = pre-patch

the M60 and AN-94 are now literally the worst in class guns.

The AN-94 will still be good, well to me anyways. I love how accurate it is, that's the main strength of the gun.

Tanks will get murdered since AT4 will be faster then rpgs.

Crakatak187 said:
The AN-94 will still be good, well to me anyways. I love how accurate it is, that's the main strength of the gun.

Tanks will get murdered since AT4 will be faster then rpgs.
tanks can take it, choppers are gonna get murdered! i was worried about the countermeasures being buffed, but now it makes sense!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
tanks can take it, choppers are gonna get murdered! i was worried about the countermeasures being buffed, but now it makes sense!

What makes sense?

And yeah, the AN-94 will probably still be a beast even with the 40 damage reduction.

That said, I'm trying to adjust to the XM8 so the nerf doesn't effect me, Platinum Star or not. :lol

I forgot to ask, was there any performance boost with the last patch? My PSU crapped out on me (saw it coming, cheap pos) so I'm using my 9800GT instead of my GTX 460 (because the 98 is able to run on a stock dell PSU). I forgot to change the settings back to like med-high and the game is running fucking nice on highest, even with all the buildings and terrain jacked all to hell. ???

TheSeks

Man, you guys need to play earlier. 11PM and no one is on. Go play BB:CS for an hour and suddenly everyone and their mom is on.

Where the hell were you when I was on at 7-8PM? :lol

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Man, you guys need to play earlier. 11PM and no one is on. Go play BB:CS for an hour and suddenly everyone and their mom is on.

Wait a second...what timezone are you in?

You notice the change in teamplay after Gaf got on. That was why I was complaining earlier that the team was inadequate.

We creamed some of the guys that made it a pain in the ass for me last night.

i cannot believe that team on Arica had NINE PEOPLE and they were all just sitting in their spawn sniping or tank sniping.

TheSeks said:

i was watching a movie on Netflix, checked the friends list during the credits and everyone was on.

And they were horrible at the tank sniping. They only hit it about 2-3 times. I kept saying earlier we got to get there quick and stop them before we lose the base.

I was dead wrong :lol

The best thing I've seen tonight was at Isla. Our team chopper got hit by a rocket, turned upside down in midair and started to drop and then another rocket hit the canopy as it started to drop down.

JB1981

Starting playing squad deathmatch ... fun as hell! Its a good alternative to Rush when playing w/ randoms ... love this game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not that it matters but the "Knife 5 friends" trophy is bugged.
I have 5 unique dog tags from my friends list and no trophy

I was playing as Defender in White Pass Rush and after we lost the first set of Mcoms, at least 5 players from my team left the game. :lol
Dunno what were they thinking when designed White Pass Rush, once you lose the first set youre done.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Fersis said:

I was playing as Defender in White Pass Rush and after we lost the first set of Mcoms, at least 5 players from my team left the game. :lol
Dunno what were they thinking when designed White Pass Rush, once you lose the first set youre done.

Especially when someone like faceless points out that just flipping the map could fix a lot of the problems.

And as he mentioned, moving some of the com's out of <2.0> buildings (putting one in the well, one by the guard tower) would make it much better as well.

Current setup is absolutely braindead. It really is...

TheSeks

Fersis said:

Weird, I got it fine as did Toda. :/

You had those people you knived on the friends list before kniving them?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
recklessmind said:
Especially when someone like faceless points out that just flipping the map could fix a lot of the problems.

And as he mentioned, moving some of the com's out of <2.0> buildings (putting one in the well, one by the guard tower) would make it much better as well.

Current setup is absolutely braindead. It really is...
Gonna ask Demize99 on twitter about it because maybe an intern designed it or a Junior Junior Designer.

Fersis said:
were they on your friends list when you knifed them? that matters, you can't just add them after you get their tags. it doesn't even have to be 5 different people, just 5 dog tags from people who are currently on your friends list. i know when i got it, i had 3 from 1 person and 1 each from 2 others on PS3, and 5 from the same person on 360.

yeah, i've won a couple games defending on the 2nd set and a few on the 3rd, but usually, once it gets past the 1st set, it's over.

Evolved1

So the other day I was playing with Crak... we were defending on Atacama Desert with only one other gaf guy on our team. The attackers had almost an entire squad so it was 3 vs their whole team... would you believe they were cheesing the shit out of the crates? Jihad quads, UAVBomb, light vehicles w/ C4.

So retarded.

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
Yup, worked fine for me. I used Seks for all 5.

I just need three more for platinum.

Actually no... I still have to finish parts of the awful single player. :lol

todahawk

recklessmind said:
I just need three more for platinum.

Actually no... I still have to finish parts of the awful single player. :lol

Down to 6 d 2.0 kills to go for the platinum. Everything else is completely done!

TheSeks

Man, you guys msut be busy with Halloween. :/

*goes to play random fighting games and suck horribly online!*

I guess I really am waiting until Vietnam is out to get the last five levels grinded out. :lol

Unregistered007 said:
is there a major tweak Patch coming for 360 version like the PC version ?

TBA. If it's like all the others in the past, it maybe a month or three before we get them.

dorkimoe

i started playing this again yesterday at work because i was bored. I miss this game, its still awesome.

im gonna play a bunch more now on 360.

Evolved1

dorkimoe said:
i started playing this again yesterday at work because i was bored. I miss this game, its still awesome.

im gonna play a bunch more now on 360.

You can play BC2 at work!? :lol lucky bastard.

abuC

That game on Laguna Presa is why I avoid Rush when I do play, the top scorer on the other team did absolutely nothing for the entire game but fire rockets at our crates. The whole game, he just sat on a ammo crate far away and just shot CG rockets, his squad pretty much followed suit. I don't know what Dice was thinking but less damage on the crate, or giving the defense a chance to repair it needs to be in this game.

I probably wont play again for awhile, if they don't patch this soon I'm just going to retire from it.

I hate games like that. I rather have the enemy rush in to C4 then rocket back at base. It is pretty ridiculous that the defenders have to go attack the attackers. Such a flawed mode. Makes me wish they make a separate mode that's arm only for people like me.

Crakatak187 said:
I hate games like that. I rather have the enemy rush in to C4 then rocket back at base. It is pretty ridiculous that the defenders have to go attack the attackers. Such a flawed mode. Makes me wish they make a separate mode that's arm only for people like me.
bah, arm only would be a full squad of defenders camping the crate. like playing anyone with common sense on the final B on Nelson Bay. for every crate. every game.

For several instances there are several ways around that. Smoke and a good ingenuity goes a long way. Not much people utilize smoke and a good plan of attack anymore though, I still do at times.

Xux

I'd rather have a completely trifling element like camping than a lot of cheese. I think it should fall upon the attackers to not suck especially when you have tools like motion sensors and teammates to use.

Crakatak187 said:
For several instances there are several ways around that. Smoke and a good ingenuity goes a long way. Not much people utilize smoke and a good plan of attack anymore though, I still do at times.
if it's arm only, i'd just put C4 in a circle around the crate, hide and blow up the C4 when anyone comes close. or create a virtual minefield with AT Mines and set them off when someone cones close... etc...

Xux said:
I'd rather have a completely trifling element like camping than a lot of cheese. I think it should fall upon the attackers to not suck especially when you have tools like motion sensors and teammates to use.
i dunno, 12 defenders just camping out isn't much different from 12 attackers doing it.

If I was to balance it that way I would make it so that won't happen. Only the defending team will be able to damage it to prevent that.

Crakatak187 said:
If I was to balance it that way I would make it so that won't happen. Only the defending team will be able to damage it to prevent that.
so, the defenders can't put C4 on their crate to kill people arming, but the attackers can put C4 on the crate to kill people defusing? i'd just put the C4 just out of range of the crates. bigger circle... seriously, what's going to happen is the attackers will have to spawn camp the defenders to arm and blow up the crates.

When I arm M-coms I always take a look at where my squadmates or useless randoms are. I pretty much plan it in my head and hope it works.

1 guy arms it in a cloud of smoke and the others separate into strategic locations to dwarf the disarmers. People are so used to explosive that the whole team doesn't know the plan of attack to disarm M-coms sometimes. It's a nightmare when the opposing team comes up with the perfect arming scenario. The team with the better planning and strategy will come out on top.

When consoles get the patch I suppose Gaf is going to stomp randoms even more.

Yeah, the good old fashioned arming gameplay feels great. Didn't have to worry about C4ing any shit and still managed to help take the each set with less than 15 tickets each time on Arica Harbor. I usually armed pre-patch, but on certain mcoms I figured C4 would be best. Fuck yeah. No more teammates wasting tickets trying to run in and throw down a stick or two only to get shot.

so, the defenders can't put C4 on their crate to kill people arming, but the attackers can put C4 on the crate to kill people defusing?
When you think about it though, that's pretty much what we have now (and have always had really).

From what Alan Kertz (demize99) has said on twitter though I get the impression that having attackers and defenders do different damage to the crates is not really possible without a fair amount of work (i.e. it's not simply tweaking a parameter). In light of that what they're going for now (i.e. just less damage from explosives) seems to be the best option. We might see more defenders booby trapping the M-COMs but a quick grenade before entering takes care of that anyway really. Also destruction 2.0 helps a little bit on that front.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I feel that with the decreased damage to crates they should up the ticket count. There is one server I play on where they have it set to 150 and it seems to be much more balanced. 100 is nearly always 75 by the end of the first set of crates unless the teams are really unbalanced, and then clearing out the defenders from the spawn often eats up another 10. 65 tickets on what is usually a difficult second set on most maps is rarely enough.

poppabk said:
I feel that with the decreased damage to crates they should up the ticket count. There is one server I play on where they have it set to 150 and it seems to be much more balanced. 100 is nearly always 75 by the end of the first set of crates unless the teams are really unbalanced, and then clearing out the defenders from the spawn often eats up another 10. 65 tickets on what is usually a difficult second set on most maps is rarely enough.
i liked the way it was in the beta. 100 tickets starting and 100 maximum and 50 tickets replenished for clearing a base.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
i liked the way it was in the beta. 100 tickets starting and 100 maximum and 50 tickets replenished for clearing a base.
That sounds pretty good to, although doesn't it mean that if you pull out a 1 ticket left destruction on one set of crates its pretty much a pyrrhic victory as you are destined to fail on the next set?

Evolved1

Everyone quits White Pass.

just take the fucking map out of the rotation... it's worse than worthless.

Top Bottom