• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stupid EA servers disconnecting while Rockscar was doing gunnery duty as I (silently raged) at flying the helicopter around. We take out B, I get disconnected trying to rush repair it at the start (apparently the boundary will shrink three bases in), and the helicopter gets taken out as we're in out of bounds. Rejoin and we get mown left and right on the lighthouse map. Faceless joins and it's nothing but loss after loss with the exception of Arica third defense.

Man, I wish there was four [GAF] on at a time as two in a tank means I have to spawn at the default shitty spawns. :/

TheSeks

Mr Sandman said:
Hah well on the Valparaiso one you can jump on top of the trees making sniping a bit easier.

You can do that with any tree, as they have a "square" hit box

It's so stupid. You can put a sniper in some places and they wouldn't know.

TheSeks

Well, that sucked.

Faceless tried to drag them out by blowing the crates to move the base. We kill them all at the starting base but they won't spawn. Cue 30 mins of sitting there.

GGs Gaf!!!! It was good playing BC 2 again...Sorry I left though..I was getting so sleepy..I hope no one saw me driving the ATV in the wall and standing there for a few seconds ..:lol :lol peace..

TheSeks

B1gg_Randall said:
GGs Gaf!!!! It was good playing BC 2 again...Sorry I left though..I was getting so sleepy..I hope no one saw me driving the ATV in the wall and standing there for a few seconds ..:lol :lol peace..

Ah, so that's who you were. Didn't know who you were. :lol

TheSeks said:
You can do that with any tree, as they have a "square" hit box

It's so stupid. You can put a sniper in some places and they wouldn't know.
I know. I kill people in (err on) them all the time. ;)

TheSeks

Oh they'll be coming around the ot her side when they come. They'll be coming around the other side when they come. They'll be coming around the other side, they'll be coming around the other side, oh yes they'll be coming around the other side while you rush out.

They'll be bringing FacelessMaster and C4 when they come. They'll be bringing FacelessMaster and C4 when they come. Oh, they'll be bringing C4, they'll be bringing C4, oh they'll be bringing C4 when they come.

Protip: STAY IN THE FUCKING BASE on White Pass for a good... oh... ten minutes. If NO ONE comes into the base to arm or attack, PUSH OUT to put pressure on them. But people NEED TO STAY IN THE BASE.

That's why Faceless and his team got in, broke through your defense and I joined his squad (because I was on NO squad after Dan and Abu abandoned me) and we pretty much ran your last two bases over.

I'm sitting there, Dan drops from the second story. Abu is going toward the spawn. And I'm like "WTF, they may be coming in on the other side. WAIII-" (everyone else heads that direction, nearly) "--FFFFFFFFFF.jpg"

Such nice guys delivering the chopper to our team. On Arica harbor I knew you were trying out that trick. On the mic I said watch out for sniper hill because Faceless will be doing that trick, few minutes later you passed it with a quad.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
That's why Faceless and his team got in, broke through your defense and I joined his squad (because I was on NO squad after Dan and Abu abandoned me) and we pretty much ran your last two bases over.

Actually we were outnumbered by almost 2:1 right from the beginning. Most of our team got disconnected, including dreamgazer and abuC. We had about 5-6 guys while the enemy had 8-9. We had no chance to defend that one. :(

Other than that some great matches though. Thanks for the pickup with the HIND Faceless. I rarely get to be a gunner, so it felt nice to be able to just shoot and not have to worry about the stresses of flying and dodging tracers. :lol I got 30 kills thanks to you. :D (Really wish I had Warheads for my vehicle spec though. I had smoke (again, the pilot in me chose smoke lol) so my splash damage was not nearly as good as I wanted it to be.

Taurus

Are you guys playing on X360? (TheSeks, Faceless etc.) I don't have time to play nearly as much as I'd like but I'm online every now and then. I'd really like to play with you guys sometimes. :)

You can see my gamertag from my profile, add me. Though I must say that almost all I play is hardcore Conquest, bored of Rush mode.

I'm going to be the dedicated Smoke guy on Gaf when we attack. It saved our asses on Valparaiso. We had about 27 lives left with Alpha and Bravo intact until I started to spam the sucker.

Faceless plays on 360 and I don't think Seks does.

Taurus said:
Are you guys playing on X360? (TheSeks, Faceless etc.) I don't have time to play nearly as much as I'd like but I'm online every now and then. I'd really like to play with you guys sometimes. :)

You can see my gamertag from my profile, add me. Though I must say that almost all I play is hardcore Conquest, bored of Rush mode.
i play rush and conquest, but i avoid hardcore.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Faceless plays on 360 and I don't think Seks does.

I don't own the 360 version. And given my Live sub is going to lapse on the 20th (or something like that, sometime in November) and I have no plans to give MS another $50 (er-$60) now that they've shut down the Phantom Dust servers, I probably won't get it ever.

, but i avoid hardcore.

Hardcore wouldn't be bad if the spot function wasn't USELESS. God, you can tell someone that there is a person running across the map and they wouldn't know. Having the triangles wouldn't make an unbalanced game too much.

REV 09

Yeah, i'm starting the play this again. I honestly don't know why i ever left. Unfortunately my old crew doesn't seem to play anymore. If anyone wants to get some games going, add me:

GT: REV 09

i'll play pretty much anything but hardcore.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Bad News:
Zh1nt0 said:
Vietnam playtest. Thought I could ninja someone with the Tuk Tuk but I was surrounded by 4 engineers with RPG's.. Armored tuk tuk anyone?

Which means it hasnt been sent to certification.. which means that at least we have to wait 3 to 4 weeks.

Fersis said:
Bad News:

Which means it hasn't been sent to certification.. which means that at least we have to wait 3 to 4 weeks.

Maybe they did send it for certification and are just doing extra QA aimed at further game improvement via DL patches.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lagspike_exe said:
Maybe they did send it for certification and are just doing extra QA aimed at further game improvement via DL patches.
Zh1nto pwnd me:
Zh1nt0 said:
zh1nt0 @Fersis Didn't say what platform
Fersis #GAF Vietnam is going to be off the hook :)

They could have sent Vietnam to certification already, and playtesting the PC version.

TheSeks said:
I don't own the 360 version. And given my Live sub is going to lapse on the 20th (or something like that, sometime in November) and I have no plans to give MS another $50 (er-$60) now that they've shut down the Phantom Dust servers, I probably won't get it ever.

Hardcore wouldn't be bad if the spot function wasn't USELESS. God, you can tell someone that there is a person running across the map and they wouldn't know. Having the triangles wouldn't make an unbalanced game too much.
hardcore is just .. i don't get why slug shotguns get crosshairs and choppers have the hud elements that show the overlay on vehicles. it's just not thought out or something... and spots should at least show up on the minimap... i mean they show on the pause screen map so wtf?

robotnjik

I was without gold for day or two, and today renewed, but I can't play online in BC2, because "my gamer profile don't have right permissions"? So, I can play L4D2 but not BC2. Great job EA / DICE. Anyone else experienced this and if, how you solved? Waiting for servers to update? ...

I like hardcore on CoDs but it's obvious hc was a total afterthought on this game. There needs to be *some* hud elements. Period. Shit like tank repair health, dead teammates needing revive, hell I'd even wager that the mini map needs to be there for teammates positions. This isn't CoD where knowing where your teammates are doesn't mean shit. It's vital for teamwork, which is what this game is all about. I think HC should just be a limited hud not damn near no hud (no ammo, crosshairs, useless info, etc), reduced health, friendly fire, kill cam, etc. I probably would play HC but it's lacking shit that makes BF/BC what it is.

I had no problem with the Hardcore settings on here.

But then again I used to play L4D and L4D2 on the realistic setting where you couldn't see where anyone was.

Makes it that much more fun to me.

Mr Sandman said:
I like hardcore on CoDs but it's obvious hc was a total afterthought on this game. There needs to be *some* hud elements. Period. Shit like tank repair health, dead teammates needing revive, hell I'd even wager that the mini map needs to be there for teammates positions. This isn't CoD where knowing where your teammates are doesn't mean shit. It's vital for teamwork, which is what this game is all about. I think HC should just be a limited hud not damn near no hud (no ammo, crosshairs, useless info, etc), reduced health, friendly fire, kill cam, etc. I probably would play HC but it's lacking shit that makes BF/BC what it is.
my ideal mode would be the normal mode but with friendly fire on, no killcam, no regenerating health and A HUD ITEM THAT SHOW YOU HOW MUCH HEALTH YOU HAVE, WHAT THE FUCK DICE!?

indeed, some of the shit in hardcore baffles me. i mean, stuff like tank repair health, sure you can hear the difference in the drill when it's done, but that doesn't give you current progress. sometimes you want to repair just enough to take an RPG hit and move then finish repairing later. and not showing dead teammates... smh... i mean, it's hard enough to find them sometimes when you can see the icon!

MidnightRider said:
I had no problem with the Hardcore settings on here.

But then again I used to play L4D and L4D2 on the realistic setting where you couldn't see where anyone was.

Makes it that much more fun to me.
another problem with the hardcore setting is how it makes people play. the questionable design choices though... i mean the choppers still have a HUD that shows vehicles lit up? wtf dice?

Spl1nter

The Faceless Master said:
my ideal mode would be the normal mode but with friendly fire on, no killcam, no regenerating health and A HUD ITEM THAT SHOW YOU HOW MUCH HEALTH YOU HAVE, WHAT THE FUCK DICE!?

You are a smart man. Only issue would be medics being even more overpowered. Also need the death cam of BF2/2142 were it points in the direction of your killer.

Spl1nter said:
You are a smart man. Only issue would be medics being even more overpowered. Also need the death cam of BF2/2142 were it points in the direction of your killer.
yeah, that would be cool, BC1 did that 'drop and face the direction of your killer' thing too. as for medics, i dunno, i've never felt they were overpowered, though they do shine on infantry maps (Nelson Bay Conquest OMG!) but when that tank comes over the hill, your medic train better run and hide.

JB1981

I'm sure you PSN guys have your own crowd .... have any room for another guy? Just got back into this game and have really missed out. On the right maps, this game is just staggeringly good. Head and shoulders above the competition, imo. There is simply no other more convincing theater of war. If anyone wants to play, I usually play at night after 7:30 .. would love to get into a good, coordinated game with some GAF vets or new players. My PSN ID is Beamber.

JB1981 said:
I'm sure you PSN guys have your own crowd .... have any room for another guy? Just got back into this game and have really missed out. On the right maps, this game is just staggeringly good. Head and shoulders above the competition, imo. There is simply no other more convincing theater of war. If anyone wants to play, I usually play at night after 7:30 .. would love to get into a good, coordinated game with some GAF vets or new players. My PSN ID is Beamber.
there's always room, in fact, this past month or two has been almost as busy as the game's launch, people coming back to the game and new people picking it up cheap or getting the ultimate edition.

JB1981

there's always room, in fact, this past month or two has been almost as busy as the game's launch, people coming back to the game and new people picking it up cheap or getting the ultimate edition.

sweet dude .. you are on PSN? Do you guys get together around a certain time? I have been playing with randoms mostly and the experience is usually better than other games (better teamwork overall) ... mortars in rush mode seem a bit overpowered ... or should i say rush mode kind of annoys me when the m-coms are located in buildings .. i feel like just taking down the building is kind of cheap and any map w/ m-coms inside buildings is usually over quick against a team of highly ranked players.

i don't remember the names of all the maps but the two from the beta and the map w/ the beached cargo ship seem to be the best designed in the game ...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
JB1981 said:
sweet dude .. you are on PSN? Do you guys get together around a certain time? I have been playing with randoms mostly and the experience is usually better than other games (better teamwork overall) ... mortars in rush mode seem a bit overpowered ... or should i say rush mode kind of annoys me when the m-coms are located in buildings .. i feel like just taking down the building is kind of cheap and any map w/ m-coms inside buildings is usually over quick against a team of highly ranked players.

i don't remember the names of all the maps but the two from the beta and the map w/ the beached cargo ship seem to be the best designed in the game ...

The only way I can stand the cheese in rush is to play with gaf... and gaffers are on all the time. Just send out FR's when we have a full group on.

TheSeks

I have wayyyy too many people on my PSN list because of this game. :lol

good games Relaxed Muscle, even though we only won the last one, it felt so sweet destroying them with the HIND!

TheSeks said:
I have wayyyy too many people on my PSN list because of this game. :lol
my list is full because of this game!

abuC said:
I probably wont be playing much after tonight, NBA season starts tomorrow and Im a basketball fiend.
ace pins, here i come!

TheSeks

ace pins, here i come!

:lol :lol :lol

Just means we have to step up our suicide game until Abu is back. :p

Just got back into this again tonight (even if it was only for 2 games) after a 2 month drought of internetlessness, but god damn its good to be back forgot how good this game sounds and plays. How is ps3 gaf holding up?

Any sign of a release date of Vietnam other then "Winter"?

good games Relaxed Muscle, even though we only won the last one, it felt so sweet destroying them with the HIND!

Hell yeah!!, I was getting mad because we were getting owned the whole match (and the others) and then we basically rape them the whole last mcom set, got 25 kills on the Hind, 1/3 of the tickets! :lol

I felt refreshed after that. :lol

It was nice to get to gunning, since I barely have the opportunity.And it helped me to get a better grasp at it.

abuC

ace pins, here i come!
UFRA said:

2enxn3a.jpg

I'll still play, won't be as frequent, I salute team GAF give'em hell!

PedYup

I´m going to change my internet access provider so I´ll be internetless for a couple of weeks. Excepting that, I´m always open to play with fellow gaffers, feel free to add me to your friend list. My PSN handle is rockscar2.

UFRA

abuC said:
2enxn3a.jpg

I'll still play, won't be as frequent, I salute team GAF give'em hell!

*sobbing* Well...it was good having your services Mercenary abuC. Your contract is over, and your final paycheck will arrive next week. Feel free to to start a new contract with Team GAF any time.

*cries*

abuC

UFRA said:
*sobbing* Well...it was good having your services Mercenary abuC. Your contract is over, and your final paycheck will arrive next week. Feel free to to start a new contract with Team GAF any time.

*cries*

I am no longer a mercenary, the next time I play I will fly the colors of the GAF army. By far the most fun I've had playing is with the GAF nation.

UFRA

FYI I may be late to play tonight.

Gonna be playing NFS:HP demo tonight, and probably RDR zombie mode too. May pick up some other things as well.

Top Bottom