• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Spl1nter said:
Its a promotional video to showcase the flamethrower. It better look awesome, that is the whole point of promotional videos

So...I wonder if a building can catch fire and slowly Destruction 2.0...

Mr. Snrub said:
So...I wonder if a building can catch fire and slowly Destruction 2.0...

Seeing as most are straw huts dunno? I don't remember the Phu Bai having proper buildings either so I guess we'll wait and see if the other two have an urban setting (a Tet offensive themed one would be glorious!).

The talk of Oasis and Harvest Day is fantastic. I wonder if they will bring back the KA-52 as the Oasis Chopper?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pandemic said:
Is this new upcoming Vietnam thing, being sold as DLC or a new game...? :S

DLC, you need the retail BFBC2.

Good choice on making the flamethrower a primary weapon. I wouldn't have had as big of a problem with the Carl if it was a default weapon. Not being able to have a bullet flinger is a pretty big trade off. Though, that means even less people shooting tanks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
that's .. just .. wow .. do you guys know DICE reads this thread? don't give them these kinds of ideas!!!

Why not? Flamethrower <D 2.0> would be an awesome trollface.jpg moment for me. :D :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Crakatak187 said:
Dice reads this thread? I got to complain some more then :lol
Yup.

LOLZ at the GAF Squad rage quitting, thanks for leaving me alone. ;__;

Spl1nter

Mr Sandman said:
Good choice on making the flamethrower a primary weapon. I wouldn't have had as big of a problem with the Carl if it was a default weapon. Not being able to have a bullet flinger is a pretty big trade off. Though, that means even less people shooting tanks.

Almost like the good old days of 1942 were the anti-tank class had only a pistol and a rocket launcher. Best part was the rocket launcher was only a direct hit damage weapon. True show of skill getting kills in infantry combat with the weapon.

Spl1nter said:
Almost like the good old days of 1942 were the anti-tank class had only a pistol and a rocket launcher. Best part was the rocket launcher was only a direct hit damage weapon. True show of skill getting kills in infantry combat with the weapon.
Or MoH Allied Assault's RPG...though that thing was pretty powerful. But it made you slow as shit and the rocket was driven by drunk ass pikmin...fuckin thing always wondered and was slooow. I did remember it wondering on Omaha Beach (after I fired it randomly) right into some guy down on the beach. :lol

No_Style

Ah... good Rush games w/ Dreamgazer, JM and Crak. Shutdown defense.

BTW, isn't it a bit cheap for the helicopter to basically crush anti-air turrets? I was in a chopper in that Arica match and the pilot kept crushing it all while taking only 2 damage.

I'm gonna miss my BC2 GAF brethren in Black Ops. :/

After you guys left the team went 3 steps above stupidity. Jm, Dreamgazer, wes, and I did majority of the work.

In Arica Harbor half our team was in a building sniping.

UFRA

No_Style said:
Ah... good Rush games w/ Dreamgazer, JM and Crak. Shutdown defense.

BTW, isn't it a bit cheap for the helicopter to basically crush anti-air turrets? I was in a chopper in that Arica match and the pilot kept crushing it all while taking only 2 damage.

I'm gonna miss my BC2 GAF brethren in Black Ops. :/

When we were attacking, I jumped on the enemy VADS and started tearing them up with it. Then, suddenly the pilot in our chopper landed on me and made me suicide. :lol I never knew that worked.

I'll be going to the dark side as well.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
As usual I'm not playing on the weekends.

You should, we'd rule BC2 with an iron fist for one last week before the weaker of the army defect to a horrible shooter. :|

UFRA

TheSeks said:
You should, we'd rule BC2 with an iron fist for one last week before the weaker of the army defect to a horrible shooter. :|

Seks has a good point here Crak. One last big GAF party this weekend and on monday before *cough* some of us go to COD:BO. ;)

TheSeks

UFRA said:
Seks has a good point here Crak. One last big GAF party this weekend and on monday before *cough* some of us go to COD:BO. ;)

If you're going to go to that dirty dirty series, you should at least play 4 instead. It's a proper shooter without LOL KILLSTREAKS and bullshit. Too bad IW is dead to where people can now have hacked 10th prestige lobbies without bananas.

todahawk

TheSeks said:
Why not? Flamethrower <D 2.0> would be an awesome trollface.jpg moment for me. :D :lol

Wonder what happens if you shoot the fuel tank on the dude carrying the flamethrower??? :lol :lol :lol

greenjerk said:
Wonder what happens if you shoot the fuel tank on the dude carrying the flamethrower??? :lol :lol :lol
Hr runs around with a flame shooting out the tank burning all of his squad-mates before finally blowing them all up.

At least this is how I imagine every flamethrower in a multiplayer game before it comes out. :(

todahawk

Mr Sandman said:
Hr runs around with a flame shooting out the tank burning all of his squad-mates before finally blowing them all up.

At least this is how I imagine every flamethrower in a multiplayer game before it comes out. :(

Whatever horrible demise it brings, I'm sure my teammates will be telling me not to touch the damn thing. Like me piloting choppers.*

* and I used to be a fucking pilot.

TheSeks

greenjerk said:

You get a Killzone 2 "RAWWWWWWR" *boom* death moment?

TheSeks

Guys, if you're in this magical little class called "Engineer," and there is someone called "TheSeks" in a tank. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS FUCKING HOLY RUSH YOUR ASSES OVER AND GET IN/REPAIR.

12% HP after taking out a bradley, move into the base to get repaired. No one comes running.

Yet, I'll run my ass across the map if it means keeping a vehicle up.

*mumble grumble, blood pressure raising and quitting for dinner*

WHERE IS FACELESS. GOD. At least he stood back and kept the tank alive until I killed an engineer, switch to their kit and repaired him two days ago. >_>

UFRA

TheSeks said:
If you're going to go to that dirty dirty series, you should at least play 4 instead. It's a proper shooter without LOL KILLSTREAKS and bullshit. Too bad IW is dead to where people can now have hacked 10th prestige lobbies without bananas.

I put hundreds of hours into COD4. I also had WAW and MW2, both with a similar amount of time spent.

I'm just one of those people that plays a wide variety of shooters and enjoys both the fast paced action of COD games, and the tactical teamwork of Battlefield games.

I also am a huge SOCOM and Rainbow Six fan. I'm all over the place when it comes to my taste in shooters. :lol

TheSeks

Ew... Socom.

And Rainbow Six was better when it was called Ghost Recon on the OG X-box. ;)

I can't believe you spent time with MW2. After the $15 map pack, airstreaks, and hacks, I was over MW2 and CoD by the end of 2009. Sold it for 3D Dot Game Heroes and haven't looked back.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Ew... Socom.

And Rainbow Six was better when it was called Ghost Recon on the OG X-box. ;)

I can't believe you spent time with MW2. After the $15 map pack, airstreaks, and hacks, I was over MW2 and CoD by the end of 2009. Sold it for 3D Dot Game Heroes and haven't looked back.

Oh yeah, Ghost Recon was another thing I played all the time on PC. Loved it.

Yeah I didn't buy any of those map packs for MW2, that was major lulz.

TheSeks said:
Guys, if you're in this magical little class called "Engineer," and there is someone called "TheSeks" in a tank. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS FUCKING HOLY RUSH YOUR ASSES OVER AND GET IN/REPAIR.

12% HP after taking out a bradley, move into the base to get repaired. No one comes running.

Yet, I'll run my ass across the map if it means keeping a vehicle up.

*mumble grumble, blood pressure raising and quitting for dinner*

WHERE IS FACELESS. GOD. At least he stood back and kept the tank alive until I killed an engineer, switch to their kit and repaired him two days ago. >_>
my ISP has been shitting on me all week, that's why i've been on the internet and posting so much... phone as modem is ok for web browsing, terrible for gaming.

that was a funny moment too. i was like "fuck, neither of us is an .. OH WAIT, HERE'S ONE!" *ratatatatatatta* dead, i get out of the tank "oh wait, Seks is already going for the kit" *gets back in and smiles*

TheSeks

Motherfucking freezing, goddamn DICE and Frostbite, my cheese points in White Pass. GONE. RAGE.

Faceless said:
that was a funny moment too. i was like "fuck, neither of us is an .. OH WAIT, HERE'S ONE!" *ratatatatatatta* dead, i get out of the tank "oh wait, Seks is already going for the kit" *gets back in and smiles*

It's funny how when me and you click it's damn near ESP. :lol

TheSeks

Jesus Christ, that round fucking sucked.

Kills: 13
Deaths: 31(!)

Half those deaths are in trade-offs where DICE's shitty servers decide to not count half my shots EVEN THOUGH I'M FUCKING POINTING RIGHT AT THE GODDAMN PERSON WITH ADS.

:| >:| :mad: That shit pisses me off. WTF is with the shitty hitdetection and fucking explosives disappearing at times. I KNOW A PERSON IS THERE. I POINT THERE. I FIRE. I SHOULD HIT. :|

i can't believe it takes 7-10 business days for someone to come out and check an internet connection that keeps going out... it took like 1-2 days with Cablevision in Brooklyn when i was getting heavy packet loss! fucking Mediacom!

TheSeks

No_Style said:
I miss my Conquest buddies. Rush bores me to no end.

Blame JM and Crack. I'd go to Conquest in a heart beat.

Go to Arica Conquest, some shots miss, but miraculously I get a 21-13 KDR: 1.14 or there about.

So the good counters the bad. But man, that shitty hit-detection and mysterious disappearing rockets has GOT TO GO. You hear me DICE? Make a better netcode next outing or whatever, because that's frustrating as hell to know I fired at a position only to get no registering.

@Faceless: Are you still in NYC? Because two days would probably be the norm in the mega-cities. Out here in the rural areas/college towns they want around 3-5 days to a week to check things. It's really stupid. :/

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
whenever i'm playing Conquest, i always seem to get invites for Rush...

:lol Anytime I join you, you're playing Rush. So...

Edit: And I should stop posting back to back. Too hyper from a full GAF server for once in a long while. :lol

TheSeks said:
:lol Anytime I join you, you're playing Rush. So...

Edit: And I should stop posting back to back. Too hyper from a full GAF server for once in a long while. :lol
i haven't been in NYC in over a year. actually, i believe there's a warrant out for my arrest from me from being stopped in a park late at night and then failing to appear in court, which i couldn't, since the date to appear was like a month after i already left... i gotta take care of that someday :lol :lol :lol

that reminds me, one of these days, we actually need to actually play BC1 again instead of just talking about it!

TheSeks said:
Come on man, just accept the fact and join us cod rats, at least this ones better than mw2, without stupid iwnet. (You know you want it :lol ), its not like Bad Co 2 is goin anywhere soon, still gunna flourish. Bad Co 2, you will still be played during these darkening times, as you are the only game that I can take my anger out on buildings, as well as cheesing the holy hell out of mcoms :lol

UFRA said:
Oh yeah, Ghost Recon was another thing I played all the time on PC. Loved it.

Yeah I didn't buy any of those map packs for MW2, that was major lulz.
Yeah map packs are a rip off. I'm still use to PC getting Free maps and Mods. Even if I play console now there is no chance in hell I'll pay for a map. Vietnam seems like mini expansion so I can let that slide.

JM and I didn't start today's games and people don't really have to join our games. I never send invites unless server crash to invite to the same squad or switching team invites.

I'm not defecting. I rag on Call of Doodies for lack of aiming emphasis. I won't let my hate get in the way of BFBC2 gaffers enjoyment though.

UFRA

By the way PS3 GAF, it was quite some awesome fun tonight playing with such a huge group of Gaffers.
I'd also like to take this moment to rub it in your faces that I WON (No_Style was on my team too) with a whole team of randoms on Arica Harbor against 9 Gaffers. I joined on the 3rd set of M-COM's, and we got pushed all the way back to the last set, but we held you guys off and I made it to 2nd place on my team in that short period of time. :p <3 you all

Crak and I were chatting about COD:BO and GT5 and stuff like that which will likely distract some of us from BC2.

Personally, for me the month of November will be really busy as far as games go. I'm getting COD:BO (sorry!), NFS:HP, Apache: Air Assault, and GT5 (Nov/Dec/Whenever).

So, obviously BC2 won't be my primary go-to game anymore. However, I assure you I will NOT be selling BC2 until a new Battlefield game comes out to replace it. Period.

Crak and I were thinking that once these big titles come out and take us away from BC2, we should consider setting up some times to set aside and play this game together again.

This thread would obviously be a good way to do that. Simply planning a night and time to get together and play some BC2 would be great. For those of us who are getting the new games, we may need some "settling" time so to speak...I know for the first week or so that I own a new game, I really just wanna play it all the time lol. However after that I'm calmed down and will go back to any game. I'd say by the 20th of November I'll be ready to jump back into BC2 (AND MAYBE THE FREAKING PATCH WILL BE OUT THEN TOO?????).

Just thought I'd throw this idea out there.

Taurus said:
This is from BF1942 but all I can say is holy fuck! O_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-wFI9vTqto

I'm going to eat something and then it's time kick some ass! Faceless, are you online today (360)?
if my ISP lets me play, i will!

Unregistered007 said:
Hey - BF guy, is there any tweak patches coming to Xbox360 version with or before the Vietnam expansion ?
no idea if the update will come before Vietnam, someone from DICE said they're working on it, and when discussing the future availability of previous updates, it has been mentioned before that they aren't allowed to specify a date for an update until it passes certification.

Ocho

Damn the mercenaries and their lack of GAF patriotism! If only everyone had GAF tag... Imagine 12 tagged gaffers on the same side of the server; that'd be screenshot worthy.

Also: I'm taking my Mexican ass to COD:BO as well.. but probably until the weekend (damn exams). Hope to play with a couple of you. :)

Morris

Disco Devil
So, uh, I had BFBC2 sitting in my shelf for months and I just started playing it a couple weeks ago. Horrible timing, I know, but can I get an invite for that PS3 Gaf Chat? :D

I'd like to play with a few Gaffers before COD BO comes out.

PSN: floydnova

TheSeks

Mr Nightman said:
Come on man, just accept the fact and join us cod rats, at least this ones better than mw2, without stupid iwnet. (You know you want it :lol ), its not like Bad Co 2 is goin anywhere soon, still gunna flourish. Bad Co 2, you will still be played during these darkening times, as you are the only game that I can take my anger out on buildings, as well as cheesing the holy hell out of mcoms :lol

NO U.

Treyarch has to win my trust after IW squandered it. And QoS's multiplayer was nothing but shotguns with pin-point accuracy across the map. I'm not sold on BO until six months has passed, there is no "AIRSPACE IS TOO CROWDED, PLEASE WAIT A MINUTE BEFORE TRYING YOUR STREAK!", and glitchers out the ass.

I will admit that Treyarch is apparently fixing things, but I'm not sold until I see how things pan out. If there is a $15 map pack in the line you can bet your ass I WILL NOT buy BO even if it's the first PS3/PC game with a Halo 3-like Theater system.

8bit said:
Image 12 tagged gaffers on the same side of the server; that'd be screenshot worthy.

Been done. Server cleared out within minutes after we started to steamroll them round after round in Conquest.

Top Bottom