• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hey ton of fun last night gaf...

Pretty sure seks hates me... every time it's just he and I in a squad he always leaves. :lol

Usually right when I do something kind of dumb.

Moment of the night:
having such a big gaf crowd
:D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
recklessmind said:
Pretty sure seks hates me... every time it's just he and I in a squad he always leaves. :lol

I joined JM who kept inviting me.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
I joined JM who kept inviting me.

Oh so the fact that I had just got us killed in the hind, because I whiffed twice trying to take out the VADS was just coincidence? :lol

We die. Seks leaves. :lol

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Oh so the fact that I had just got us killed in the hind, because I whiffed twice trying to take out the VADS was just coincidence? :lol

We die. Seks leaves. :lol

That was annoying, but yeah that's pure coincidence. JM did similar when I was in the gunner. I can be an excellent gunner when we aren't being anti-aired, but when we are I start falling apart because I keep trying to hit the VADS/big damage dealers and the chopper gunner position doesn't do too much damage whenever I am in the seat firing. :/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Last night was awesome : 10 - 12 Gaffers in the same team == TOTAL DOMINATION

Ocho

TheSeks said:
If there is a $15 map pack in the line you can bet your ass I WILL NOT buy BO even if it's the first PS3/PC game with a Halo 3-like Theater system.

I understand why some of you hate map packs, but I'm all for extra content, not the kind-of-bad-move DICE makes by repurposing the existing maps (althought, don't get me wrong, that's better than nothing).

Are you telling me you wouldn't shell $15 bucks for BC1 maps ported to BC2?

Come Vietnam, say what you say, we're paying basically for a map pack.

Granted, free maps is awesome, but that's not how it works anymore.

Also: There's gonna be a map pack for COD:BO. Don't even doubt it.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
That was annoying, but yeah that's pure coincidence. JM did similar when I was in the gunner. I can be an excellent gunner when we aren't being anti-aired, but when we are I start falling apart because I keep trying to hit the VADS/big damage dealers and the chopper gunner position doesn't do too much damage whenever I am in the seat firing. :/
:lol

The only time I get killed by VADS is if I check it and it's empty.... I turn my attention to the next threat/objective and then a guy jumps in VADS as soon as I take my eyes off it.

Lately I just blow it up no matter what, but for some reason I couldn't kill it that time. I hit it with 2 barrages but didn't kill it.

And as soon as one freaking round from VADS hits the chopper it's gameover. Sends the heli into a sidespin that's hard to recover from.

Spl1nter

From the BC2 UK forums.

...will be posted tomorrow on Twitter and the BF blog. zh1nt0 is chatting with us on GamersBuffet channel right now.

He says that Harvest Day is 100% true and is coming.

EDIT: Regarding SPECAT: He says it will be definitely available for PC.

EDIT: No comment on BF3

EDIT: The BC1 map pack will use the same VIP system. So it will be free.

EDIT: No Panama Canal Rush. But that's not a biggie with the BC1 maps on the horizon.

EDIT: The flame thrower can be equipped as secondary fire in tanks in Vietnam. I smell awesome.

So tomorrow we will find out which BC1 maps will be in the map pack as there will be a new blog post.

Spl1nter said:
From the BC2 UK forums.

So tomorrow we will find out which BC1 maps will be in the map pack as there will be a new blog post.
Nice. I hope they reveal what SP locations will be made into multiplayer maps as well.

TheSeks

ochobit said:
And that doesn't happen in BFBC2? I hate shotguns.

Only with slugs. Which you have to slap on.

Quantum of Solace had "Slugs" on by default.

Are you telling me you wouldn't shell $15 bucks for BC1 maps ported to BC2?

Yes. Because I have the BC1 disc... *gasp* Porting them to a new engine for $15 for two of them doesn't make me moist, sorry.

Edit: And the BC1 maps are apparently coming for FREE for new copy buyers. IW: 0 DICE: 1 on that front.

EDIT: The flame thrower can be equipped as secondary fire in tanks in Vietnam. I smell awesome.

trollface.jpg

Time to cook some rockets.

Coldsnap

Had some really good matches today, I have finally gotten use to spotting. I spot anyone I see like instantly. Also I'm starting to realize how much of a beast recon is if you take an assualt rifle and just motion mine and take people out while defending.

Anyone playing on Xbox 360? I need someone to take me under their wing and show me the rops, I will follow you and revive you

TheSeks said:
NO U.

Treyarch has to win my trust after IW squandered it. And QoS's multiplayer was nothing but shotguns with pin-point accuracy across the map. I'm not sold on BO until six months has passed, there is no "AIRSPACE IS TOO CROWDED, PLEASE WAIT A MINUTE BEFORE TRYING YOUR STREAK!", and glitchers out the ass.

I will admit that Treyarch is apparently fixing things, but I'm not sold until I see how things pan out. If there is a $15 map pack in the line you can bet your ass I WILL NOT buy BO even if it's the first PS3/PC game with a Halo 3-like Theater system.

Been done. Server cleared out within minutes after we started to steamroll them round after round in Conquest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1P-UutGI0U

Treyarch is off to a great start,

jlevel13

Crakatak187 said:
I'm just speculating but WaW did kick you if you didn't have the dlc map pack since it ran a playlist that includes dlc map packs.

On PC the maps were free, but yeah, on console you would get kicked if a map you didn't have came up in W@W

Ocho

TheSeks said:
Yes. Because I have the BC1 disc... *gasp* Porting them to a new engine for $15 for two of them doesn't make me moist, sorry.

Well, $15 for two maps is certainly a no-go. But what about 4? Why not enjoy the maps you loved in a newer version of the game?

TheSeks said:
Edit: And the BC1 maps are apparently coming for FREE for new copy buyers. IW: 0 DICE: 1 on that front.

Color me impressed. Good job, DICE! I wasn't expecting the BC1 map pack to join the VIP promotional package.

Then again, Vietnam is a glorified map pack with a flamethrower. :p

Kingbrave

i-Lo said:
How's the online population on PS3 and 360?

I've been playing the last few days on the 360 after taking a few months break and I have no problems with finding games. So it seems to be pretty popular still.

The Faceless Master said:
i almost feel like tethering and using ICS to play... almost...
If you have a 3g phone connection why not? I used a motorola droid tethered to a laptop for my xbox to have xbox live, worked great, and was playing halo reach with no lag, hell even red dead redemption was smooth for the most part

TheSeks

"Been taken down due to copyright by ATVI"

What was it?

Edit: Hahaha, oh wow, thanks Google for caching the title.

"YouTube - Call of Duty: Black Ops 15th Prestige Lobby + Challenges ..."

OH WOW. It begins!

I only used the 10th Prestige hack in MW2 for the title/call signs. "My Little Pwny" hidden behind the first prestige? Fuck that shit, I'll unlock all of them and level to 70 and forget that shit.

8bit said:
Well, $15 for two maps is certainly a no-go. But what about 4? Why not enjoy the maps you loved in a newer version of the game?

I was making a jab at CoD6: MW2 making a $15 map pack including 2 ported maps per pack from a game I paid $60 for... TWICE (well, okay... $45 + 60). And they were the only decent maps in the map pack or hell CoD6 with the exception of Skidrow.

Vietnam is 4 maps for $15 and even then I don't see the value. The only thing that it's doing is adding new weapons with those maps. But you can't use the flamethrower in "vanilla" BC2 so it's kinda worthless.

The only reason I'm buying Vietnam is because I like BC2 enough to support DICE finally getting some new maps out that aren't reworks for the game modes. Doesn't mean I have to like the price.

PedroLumpy said:
That videos been killed. What was it of?
2 dudes standing in a game getting XP and awards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGcHngX5-U4

lol this guy added his own intro to the front of the video and put his own watermark in teh top/left.

all we need now is someone to add their own outtro and watermark the top/righ and all the corners will be covered!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVsgpixz2t0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAqinQ5MScM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm3bAcYlO18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfaP7wdem8Q

YOUTUBE HD -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeMpUKdAlxs

this one is super special, you can see a Vimeo progress bar and mouse ico, nice capping there! -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6BxqyyFp2A

yes Activision, keep sending bogus DMCA notices.

Do we have any PC groups going? I put down this game for a few months, played a bit last night, and I love it again :)

Oh, my steam name is the same. Add me!

demolitio

I finally bought the PC version after seeing the Vietnam footage on PC. It just looks too damn pretty to pass up and I rather have Vietnam on PC than PS3. Not to mention all these patches that come out on the PC while the same annoying exploits are being used today in the PS3 version.

I can't wait to get it on Wednesday even if I've played the game a shitload already. It's like a whole new game again! :lol

UFRA

that Port Valdez base rape was ...

DAMN!

That was so awesome. :D

Never got shot down once in the chopper. We had them surrounded with tanks, and Evolved was even gunning them down in their own van with the 50 cal in it. :lol

Crakatak187 said:
On Laguna Presa we got robbed. I was stealing a Bradley as soon as we lost the first checkpoint and the game freaken frozed on me.
i figured that's what happened because i had the other tank and i saw you driving the first one and i laughed because we had both tanks... then like 15 seconds later i saw the disconnect message. that 3rd base defense on Presa was hilarious too, they tried to cut around the back at least 4 times and drove into our AT Mines. i snuck out and was on the hill between their base and the old base and was picking people off, and then a recon decided to drive up at me with a hummer, but got C4'd for his troubles. i wish i was only dealing with freezes instead of my internet connection just dying randomly for X amount of minutes.

Best way to describe my freeze.

BFBC2 trolled me

400px-Trollface.jpg

derFeef

VIP Map Pack 7 - this sounds good!
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...ay-heading-for-battlefield-bad-company-2.aspx

VIP Map Pack 7 is all about listening to the community. When we ask for your favorite maps from Battlefield: Bad Company, Oasis and Harvest Day always come out on top. We are happy to announce that in VIP Map Pack 7, these two much-loved maps have been reworked for Battlefield : Bad Company 2. This means full Destruction 2.0 (buildings collapsing and micro destruction), enhanced graphics and lighting, and remastered ambient sounds and backgrounds. Below is a full brief of what's included in VIP Map Pack 7:

Map 1: Oasis
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer
Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 2: Harvest Day
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer
Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 3: Cold War
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer
Game modes: Rush, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 4: Heavy Metal
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer
Game modes: Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Shai-Tan

Banned
yay. As a PC player I have never seen the BC1 maps. How are they compared to the better maps in BC2?

EDIT: looking at the levels they took from BC2 single player I am a little disappointed they didn't convert one of the levels with elevation like the mountain or urban level.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
ZOMFG !!!! WOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Hug me TheSeks !

Damn, that map pack sounds great. Harvest Day and Oasis were my favorite maps from BC. This worked out well.

Fuck, and Vietnam. So much Bad Company 2 this winter.

No_Style

4 new MP maps (to me since I never played BC1) for free? Very nice.

This should have been happened like 4 or 5 "Map Packs" ago though. Hell, they could have stretched it out. Throw in one of these new maps and then a Conquest/Rush mode of an existing map.

Oh well.

P.S - I think this is new thread worthy..

Jtrizzy

Im going to give BO a chance tonight just to check out the 3d, but I fully expect to be back playing this by tuesday night. This is still the best fps on consoles, and I don't see kz3 or BO taking the belt, but we'll see soon enough.

Fersis

No_Style said:
4 new MP maps (to me since I never played BC1) for free? Very nice.

This should have been happened like 4 or 5 "Map Packs" ago though. Hell, they could have stretched it out. Throw in of these new maps and then a Conquest/Rush mode of an existing map.

Oh well.

P.S - I think this is new thread worthy..
Here is your thread!!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412464

And i fully agree, its really late to realesa so much content. But hey, the community is still strong so im more than happy.
GONNA BE AWESOME GUYS!

Mr Nightman said:
If you have a 3g phone connection why not? I used a motorola droid tethered to a laptop for my xbox to have xbox live, worked great, and was playing halo reach with no lag, hell even red dead redemption was smooth for the most part
well, i haven't tried BC2, but BC1 was quite laggy when i used to play it via my cellphone connection. other games were much more forgiving.

Top Bottom