• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks said:
You and me need to play BC1 later today so I can see that in action. The mortars were tight, sure. But I don't think they did reliable damage.
seriously, they do about 1/8, just like Rockets/C4. you can mortar Crate 1 on the 2nd base of Over and Out from the bottom of the hill!

:lol :lol :lol Oh, come on, he has to know the downfalls first before he goes "ZOMG THIS ISN'T LIKE CALL OF DOODY! SHIT SUCKS! *sells it*"

I'm sure he'll enjoy the game, but the first few hours are going to be REALLY hard to get into. Battlefield is a different change in gears from Call of Duty.
indeed... he's gonna die and not even be helpful until he unlocks the help items! WTF DICE?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The Faceless Master said:
seriously, they do about 1/8, just like Rockets/C4. you can mortar Crate 1 on the 2nd base of Over and Out from the bottom of the hill!

indeed... he's gonna die and not even be helpful until he unlocks the help items! WTF DICE?

But he can always play recon!!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:/

SA-X said:
Yes, End of the line has to be the other map. It worked perfectly for both Rush and Conquest and was probably the best map in the game. Oasis is fantastic too, but I doubt we'll get that since it is so similar to Arica Habor (desert map, start off with a wide open tank battle and gradually get more urban until the end is basically a city map).
End of the Line + Circle Strafing Helis... where do i sign?

SA-X

I loved playing on a shitty team in conquest on that map. You would always get trapped on that fucking island with the one flag in the center while the other team would get both choppers and your team would have to make a last stand as you get attacked on all sides. :lol

Evolved1

I have a feeling you'd steal their heli before they had a chance to use it... :lol

abuC

BC1 maps?

s1j69e.jpg

I'll be back for that

Indeed

So according to my stats i havent played bad company 2 in around 6 months, but im thinking about getting back into it, at least to check out the dlc and maybe warm up a bit for vietnam.
So my question is, is the community so insanely good now that i have no chance to get a single kill? i could hold my own back that, but these were the times when every team was only m60 medics (hyperbole) and i guess there were a few patches since then.

Are still enough "noobs" running around to have fun (solo or squad of 2-3) or is everyone a pro now?

xclaw

Indeed said:
So my question is, is the community so insanely good now that i have no chance to get a single kill? i could hold my own back that, but these were the times when every team was only m60 medics (hyperbole) and i guess there were a few patches since then.

Are still enough "noobs" running around to have fun (solo or squad of 2-3) or is everyone a pro now?

Well, assuming matchmaking works, you're grouped with people your own skill, hypothetically, so you're likely to be placed with low-level, low-skill guys at first, just like when you first fire it up. And even with that said, no, there's still plenty of idiots around (assuming that's kind of what you're asking, too).

I took like two or maybe three months off and came back and had some of my better games. Sometimes not playing actually makes you a little better than the all-the-time guys, because you're not just going through the yeah-I-play-five-hours-a-day motions; you're in "yeah, fuck yeah I wanna play this" mode.

hylje

Suddenly it feels pretty overwhelming for me to get this rumored free map pack and just recently bought expansion. Feels good man.

Indeed

NEOPARADIGM said:
Well, assuming matchmaking works, you're grouped with people your own skill, hypothetically, so you're likely to be placed with low-level, low-skill guys at first, just like when you first fire it up. And even with that said, no, there's still plenty of idiots around (assuming that's kind of what you're asking, too).

I took like two or maybe three months off and came back and had some of my better games. Sometimes not playing actually makes you a little better than the all-the-time guys, because you're not just going through the yeah-I-play-five-hours-a-day motions; you're in "yeah, fuck yeah I wanna play this" mode.

So not playing in a while decreases the "skill level" or whatever is used for matchmaking? That would actually be pretty awesome. I dont really mean idiots, but rather guys that immediatly jump into the apache at port valdez and proceed to win the game since back then it was impossible to shoot them down, or at least required a pretty lucky shot with the carl gustav. Oh well im rambling, i guess i wont go 0 - 20 in every game i play ;D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You know what? Im pretty sure ive played the BC1 Multiplayer Demo.
Didnt like it one bit : Weapon weight,feeling,GFX,awful sound... :lol

I just kicked ass with the AEK Rifle... wow.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Fersis said:
You know what? Im pretty sure ive played the BC1 Multiplayer Demo.
Didnt like it one bit : Weapon weight,feeling,awful sound... :lol

I hope that was irony

Indeed said:
So not playing in a while decreases the "skill level" or whatever is used for matchmaking?

No, I don't think not playing does that. But if you're still only a lvl 10 or something, in theory you'll be matched with other lvl 1-20 type guys with the same skill level as you. And if you were to go 0-20 or whatever a couple games in a row, your skill level would fall pretty rapidly, so you'd eventually get into games where most guys were lvl 2-15, with a skill level near yours.

That's the idea, at least. I'm not convinced the matchmaking works very well anyway. :lol

My whole point anyway was just that, yeah, you'll be fine. C'mon back. :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
subversus said:
I hope that was irony
Nope, i hated that demo sound. Sorry.
But i think that BFBC2 has the best sound ever (WAR TAPES)

Evolved1

Indeed said:
So not playing in a while decreases the "skill level" or whatever is used for matchmaking? That would actually be pretty awesome. I dont really mean idiots, but rather guys that immediatly jump into the apache at port valdez and proceed to win the game since back then it was impossible to shoot them down, or at least required a pretty lucky shot with the carl gustav. Oh well im rambling, i guess i wont go 0 - 20 in every game i play ;D

Lots of players suck so bad... just play the game with friends and you'll do fine. But learn all the cheese, because even if you choose not to use it yourself, you'll still need to think like a cheeser so you can defend against it.

:lol

Evolved1

Indeed said:
Sounds good, gonna get some of the old guys back together and play some matches, thanks guys.

If you're on PS3... come play with us. But you'll have to get used to the other team quitting a lot. :D

mr_nothin

Banned
abuC said:
BC1 maps?

s1j69e.jpg

I'll be back for that
Oh God, is that Lil B? WORST (and most hypnotizing) music ever. It's soooo bad to listen to but it hypnotizes you.

Sampler II said:
omg, thats my dude lil b!!
You are what's wrong with the world. How can anybody like him? :(
I mean, Soulja Boy is more tolerable than him...this fool calls himself a pretty bitch and says he's badder than paris hilton/nicki minaj lol

subversus

Fersis said:
Dunno, maybe its because i played it in an old SD TV?

Well, may be. I played both on the same setup.

Well, it's better on PC, but on PS3 it's the same.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
Dunno, maybe its because i played it in an old SD TV?

That's probably it. BC1 was HD in mind.

Same with BF2.

Now go back and play the final. Experience the maps.

Rush is pretty much all I play in BC1, as opposed to being Conquest unless Faceless is in Rush in BC2.

subversus said:
Well, it's better on PC,

One of these things is not like the other.

BC1 was not on PC. Ergo, you're lying or misremembering where you played it.

Indeed

recklessmind said:
If you're on PS3... come play with us. But you'll have to get used to the other team quitting a lot. :D

Sure, my psn id is "Inthdeed". But I live in Europe (Germany) so time zone differences will be a problem ;)

Fersis

Hope we can play tonight.
Ill be online in like 3 hours or something like that, if you see me playing SSFIV or RUSE just send an invitation and ill join.

subversus

TheSeks said:
BC1 was not on PC. Ergo, you're lying or misremembering where you played it.

I was talking BFBC2 sound comparing to BFBC1 sound. Same on consoles, but BFBC2 is better on PC comparing to BFBC1.

Massa

Gamespot previews Vietnam.

Players familiar with Bad Company 2 will have no trouble adapting to Vietnam. The same ad hoc squad system is still present, along with the usual medic, engineer, recon, and assault classes. However, the weapon loadout for each class has changed substantially. High-tech weapons have been replaced with 1960's rifles, which lack features, such as laser sights and modern anti-recoil systems. This makes aiming and firing a little bit trickier, and we found there was a period of adjustment before we could kill consistently. We also found a rather pleasant surprise in the form of a flamethrower, which we rapidly equipped to our assault character.

:D :D :D

Even with all the flame-fueled action capturing our attention, we were impressed with how great the visuals looked. The mist-covered mountains and lush jungles made it feel like we were in the classic Vietnam film Apocalypse Now, which was made all the more impressive by the licensed rock soundtrack. Vietnam veterans can get their hands on the game later this year on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

when they say "later this year" do they mean Fiscal or Calendar?

and from reading the article, it sounded like they were playing Onslaught mode. nothing else matches the description.

Evolved1

That flamethrower looks pretty powerful in the videos... with large area of effect. Lets see DICE balance that. :lol

Spl1nter

recklessmind said:
That flamethrower looks pretty powerful in the videos... with large area of effect. Lets see DICE balance that. :lol

Its a promotional video to showcase the flamethrower. It better look awesome, that is the whole point of promotional videos

Top Bottom