• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Finally got around to playing and beating the SP portion of this game even though I have put well over 100hrs into MP. It actually wasn't that bad of an experience. Very linear and for the most part easy and lacking in destruction 2.0, but the gunplay in this game is so good that it is enough to carry you through the experience.

But god damn the various helicopter encouters. I mean really, what are you supposed to be able to do against those things. In one encounter there is a save point right before the helicopter comes up beside you and one-hits you with an RPG. I must have redone that section 2 dozen times before I was finally able to kill the shooter before he got the rocket off.

UFRA

the_prime_mover said:
Finally got around to playing and beating the SP portion of this game even though I have put well over 100hrs into MP. It actually wasn't that bad of an experience. Very linear and for the most part easy and lacking in destruction 2.0, but the gunplay in this game is so good that it is enough to carry you through the experience.

But god damn the various helicopter encouters. I mean really, what are you supposed to be able to do against those things. In one encounter there is a save point right before the helicopter comes up beside you and one-hits you with an RPG. I must have redone that section 2 dozen times before I was finally able to kill the shooter before he got the rocket off.

I almost thought the game was broken at this point until I finally succeeded at it and realized it was just the most stupid checkpoint placement ever.

TheSeks said:
I haven't honestly seen A hit successfully by rocket sniping. B can be, but it seems tricky.

Maybe I just haven't played against/with good rocket snipers on that map. But for the most part, holding the outside AND inside with a bunch of assault/medic/recons is the key to holding the first set.
you can actually hit A from in your spawn, but the shot is so ridiculous i don't even try it anymore. it's easier to just hit it from by the unshielded MG or the under construction building.

recklessmind said:
Last night was fun... JM, Dream, Wes and myself were on for a few hours and I think we won every game. Might have lost an early match, but I recall their entire team eventually quit and we had to migrate, so we must have been smoking them.

Highlight of the night for me was defense on Port Valdez... I never use mines, but I'm trying to get the insignia, so I decided to just mine the shit out of everything. It was pretty epic, in one round I had 5 explosive efficiency pins just from mines! :lol

I don't know how many kills that is exactly, but they just kept driving over them over and over, and I'm already 1/3 of the way to the insignia!

Oh and I just remembered the Laguna defense... their entire team was recons as usual... but they were worthless! First thing I did was jump on the mounted MG on the beach right in front of the crate... figuring I'd maybe get a kill or destroy a boat before dying. But they were so bad I just kept killing them. Mortars and rockets were hitting all around me but never directly, and I just sat there spotting and ruining them in their base. Combat excellence pin pops up... kill two more guys and a patrol boat. Mortars get a little too close and wreck the MG but I escape w/o dying. :lol We murdered them from there... they couldn't even get the crate on the beach. Worst team ever.
i <3 AT Mines, they're my #1 weapon!

jayb said:
this game would be so much more enjoyable to me without the level 50 players destroying me in a hind. Actually, i'm beginning to hate any shooter that combines foot solders with aircraft (warhawk, BFBC2, COD killstreak perks, etc). I just turn into a major suck-fest when I'm getting shot at from the sky. :(
good pilots can be tough to shoot down, but it's not impossible, and often times, it may work out better to ignore them and go after the objectives instead.

UFRA said:
PS3 GAF - How often does this game freeze for you? And what model PS3 do you have?

I have an 80GB model (the newer one - only 2 USB, no BC, etc.) and I would say my game freezes on a moderate-to-regular basis.

I'm getting a little concerned. The last 3 nights that I played BC2, it froze once every one of those nights. If I look back in the previous month or so, I'd say on average - playing 3-4 times per week, it would freeze at least once per week. Now it's getting more frequent or something. Not an issue with other games though, which lowers my worries.

I'm really really tempted to buy the 320GB Slim once it comes out in a few days. My current PS3 has a 320GB HDD that's like 2-3 years old now that's gone from my old 60GB to my current 80GB. I'm worried maybe the HDD is crapping out or something. With a new slim I can just use that nice Data Transfer Utility, and then be on my way.
once or twice a week or so... frostbite games freeze a lot it seems...

Massa

recklessmind said:
What's your PSN? I get everyone confused because most of us have different GAF usernames... are you a regular in the PS3 BC2 crew?

Haven't played with GAF yet, I re-bought the game about 2 months ago and I've been playing mostly with a few local friends. Feel free to add me: MassaBR

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
UFRA said:
Yeah the game has a pretty stupid system for in between matches.

After a game is over, there should be a simple 5 or 10 second intermission where you can either stay and view your stats (and continue to view them while it loads) or press pause and exit the game.
There is also the failed rage quit option.

*Die*
"Goddamn it, well I am out"
"Where the hell is exit game?"

Coldsnap

UFRA said:
Yeah the game has a pretty stupid system for in between matches.
After a game is over, there should be a simple 5 or 10 second intermission where you can either stay and view your stats (and continue to view them while it loads) or press pause and exit the game.

Do you have to wait till the next match in order for it to save? I always quit when the match is over, maybe that's why I level so slow...

UFRA

Coldsnap said:
Do you have to wait till the next match in order for it to save? I always quit when the match is over, maybe that's why I level so slow...

No, the saving that you see on the screen at the beginning of a match is actually saving your weapon, specs, etc. choices. That's why it saves after every time you change a weapon or attachment even mid-game. So if you quit before the next map loads that shouldn't hurt your score, but it will not count your win/loss and the points you are awarded as such.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"CmndCottin" is such a dumbass, I swear.

"DERP LET ME SPAWN SNIPER RIFLE RECON ON FACELESS OR YOU DESPITE THE FACT YOU'RE GOING IN CLOSE RANGE. DERP DERP."

Sniper, Sniper everywhere. 24/7.

We were winning rounds until those 50/49's came in and then we got pretty shitty squad mates.

Ugh. My blood pressure is hating me right now.

That said, that Nelson Bay Rush round was hilarious. They killed me over and over and over and yet we held them off a few times and win.

Arica Rush defense was WTF. NO ONE WOULD GET ON THE STATIONARY. And if I did, I'd get taken out by them because they knew I was on a mission to defend. Somehow, the public people Faceless and I were with got it together (maybe it's Faceless throwing out motion mines while I reloaded him and ran around with the SPAS-12 like a chicken with it's head cut off) and we FINALLY held them off at the last set despite the previous three being in the 10-5 ticket range before they'd rush in and cheese it to death.

Couldn't answer your message Jtrizzy. Way too hectic.

Man defending on Valparaiso was a pain in the ass. I'm glad we pulled through and shut them down.

Bad Company 2 Test Server Running Harvest Day
Twitter user gBGummyBears discovered that a Battlefield: Bad Company 1 map has been spotted running on a Bad Company 2 DICE test server. The server, which is currently offline, was running bc1_harvest_day.

Also noted are 7 maps prefixed with "nam" most likely indicating Bad Company 2 Vietnam maps, although BFBC2:V has been said to have 4 maps. Thanks vp2008.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=163690

oh snap!

edit: Dskillz they're playing Squad DM, OMG!@!@!!###

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrmwkEW0rkY

Leaked MP vid shows the M14 (20 Bullet Mag), Recon Gadgets (DYNOMITE! and Binoculars [for what? Napalm?]), and Flamethrower and M14 on the select screen.. wonder if one or both are All-Class weapons or Assault only...

Kit Screen
uq3Ms.png

Note the Binoculars
Va6hD.png

faridmon said:
what does it mean?
what does DICE playtesting BC1 Harvest Day in BC2 mean? really?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
faridmon said:
what does it mean?
Well... that the rumored map pack is true.
The rumor said :
- 4 new maps
- 2 from BC1
- 2 from BC2 SP
- FREE
- Like in FREE WILLY

Fersis said:
Well... that the rumored map pack is true.
The rumor said :
- 4 new maps
- 2 from BC1
- 2 from BC2 SP
- FREE
- Like in FREE WILLY

This will be outside of Vietnam? I suppose it will come out sometime after the release of Vietnam then as well.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
the_prime_mover said:
This will be outside of Vietnam? I suppose it will come out sometime after the release of Vietnam then as well.
According to the rumor, it will be a map pack for 'Vanilla BFBC2'.
Dunno about the release... we dont even know Vietnam release date!

The Faceless Master said:
the rumor said before Vietnam...
FUUUUUUUUUU

TheSeks

faridmon said:
what does it mean?

ITT: People can't read simple messages.

BC1 = Bad Company 1.

bc1_harvest_day = Harvest Day from Bad Company 1. DICE is porting (some) of the maps over, so this adds fuel to the fire if the dude is right.

All I want is Deconstruction, make it happen DICE.

Snowballo said:
That's great. It sounds like a move to counter Black Ops.

There is no way they're going to counter BO. I say that with nothing but love for BC and DICE, but let's face it:

-They've dropped the ball HARD in supporting BC2 post-game that wasn't more than "LOL NEW/OLD MAPS ON THE MODES"
-Patches take FOREVER to get going on the consoles (I blame this on MS/Sony for the most part, but DICE/EA should talk with Valve and see if they can get Steamworks for the PS3 version if that's the only way to get the funky balance patches out on all the platforms quickly)
-It's fucking Call of Duty. And Treyarch is apparently set to FIX (*knock on wood*) most of the issues people had with MW2.

The last one is the only reason I'm giving CoD7 the time of day after 6/MW2 was bullshit after bullshit after bullshit and unbalance.

i still can't believe we won that Arica Rush defense Seks... i had no faith in the team at that point and was just throwing motion sensors as a last resort!

I know, right? I was | | <--this close to ragequitting after the previous three sets getting to 10-5 ticket count only for them to rush in like cockroaches and everyone dying/not spreading out to stop them.

Someone disarmed B when they rushed in to arm it once (I think you? I got taken out doing it while they were upstairs) EVERYONE flooded into the construction area. A tank (them) that was cheesing came up, SOMEONE TOOK IT OUT. (THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE) and that was basically the over point for them. They maybe got in one or twice but didn't have enough time to C4 the crate. At that point I'm like "fuck your shit, bitches."

Assault->SPAS-12->C4->Light Weight+Magnum Ammo->"Doo dee doo!" (C4 cover and rush back to the site)

"OH HI FACELESS!" (throw out ammo)

dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-blam-blam-blam-blam

TheSeks <SPAS-12 Combat> Cheeser1
TheSeks <SPAS-12 Combat> Cheeser2

(reload reload reload)

TheSeks <SPAS-12 Combat> Cheeser3

(reload reload, COCK GUN)

They got in BEHIND us and were in the trailer/two story near our spawn. I'm like "oh, fuck"

(rush in)

BLAM!

TheSeks <SPAS-12 Combat> Backstabbo1
TheSeks <SPAS-12 Combat> Backstabbo2
Double Kill +100

(WTF, I killed two dudes with a SPAS-12)

Snowballo

TheSeks said:
There is no way they're going to counter BO. I say that with nothing but love for BC and DICE, but let's face it:

-They've dropped the ball HARD in supporting BC2 post-game that wasn't more than "LOL NEW/OLD MAPS ON THE MODES"
-Patches take FOREVER to get going on the consoles (I blame this on MS/Sony for the most part, but DICE/EA should talk with Valve and see if they can get Steamworks for the PS3 version if that's the only way to get the funky balance patches out on all the platforms quickly)
-It's fucking Call of Duty. And Treyarch is apparently set to FIX (*knock on wood*) most of the issues people had with MW2.

The last one is the only reason I'm giving CoD7 the time of day after 6/MW2 was bullshit after bullshit after bullshit and unbalance.

I don't get if you believe in Trayarch's Black Ops or not.

Fersis

The other night i killed an enemy and revived a friend with the same Defrib 'shot'

TheSeks said:
Someone disarmed B when they rushed in to arm it once (I think you? I got taken out doing it while they were upstairs)
yep, me.

EVERYONE flooded into the construction area. A tank (them) that was cheesing came up, SOMEONE TOOK IT OUT. (THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE) and that was basically the over point for them.
also me. hit it with the Stationary AT and it went boom!

They got in BEHIND us and were in the trailer/two story near our spawn. I'm like "oh, fuck"

(rush in)

BLAM!
:lol :lol :lol

yeah, i saw enemies, ran back there, jumped and threw a C4 onto the 2nd floor wall and then the enemies died before i could even detonate it...

and one guy early on tried to RPG B from the roof of the warehouse, so i C4'd most of the roof away

TheSeks

Snowballo said:
I don't get if you believe in Trayarch's Black Ops or not.

I don't. Treyarch has to make me BELIEVE they fixed shit (I'm waiting a good six months to see how things pan out this time).

But the general public is BUYING the game regardless. It's "Call of Duty" MAN! It's more balanced than MW2! IT'S BETTER! ZOMG WTF TAKE MY $60!@

ATVI is going to break BC2's sales record (3-5 million in a month?) easily. MW2 did 2-5 in a month?

Snowballo

TheSeks said:
I don't. Treyarch has to make me BELIEVE they fixed shit (I'm waiting a good six months to see how things pan out this time).

But the general public is BUYING the game regardless. It's "Call of Duty" MAN! It's more balanced than MW2! IT'S BETTER! ZOMG WTF TAKE MY $60!@

ATVI is going to break BC2's sales record (3-5 million in a month?) easily. MW2 did 2-5 in a month?

I agree.
Considering that you don't seem satisfied by BC2 too, I'd like you to rate all the famous recent FPS: Modern Warfare, World at War, Modern Warfare 2, Bad Company 2.
Of course we are talkin about multiplayer.

My two cents:

MW: 9/10
From the demo to the last day I played it, it was challenging, funny, satisfying.

WAW: N/A
I did not feel the World War atmpshere so I've not played it at all

MW2: 7/10
Big expectation but the more of the same feeling was tere. The game was not changing enough and was filled with dumb players (and skilled too).

BC2: 9/10
Smart, funny, different, tactical, cooperative. It lacks game modes and it would be nice to have more modes using the actual maps. Destruction 2.0 was great addiction.

TheSeks

Snowballo said:
I agree.
Considering that you don't seem satisfied by BC2 too, I'd like you to rate all the famous recent FPS: Modern Warfare, World at War, Modern Warfare 2, Bad Company 2.
Of course we are talkin about multiplayer.

I'm COMPLETELY satisfied with BC2. I've said before, for $60 last year, I've gotten/played for over a year now. Other $60 games can barely manage that. UC2 would be similar if ND didn't screw the pooch with 1.05 and had the games multiplayer fall into shitsville since....

CoD4 is the only one that comes similar, but it's a totally different feeling game from Battlefield.

For me:

BC2 > BC1 > MW1 > Dogturd > MW2

That's not counting Treyarch's outings (3, WaW, BO) as I haven't played them.

That said, console players are a different beast from PC's "we're able to play this for a year and if you want to wait for a patch, that's cool!" approach. DICE fucked up hard with the console base in the patches/support department, there is no denying that. If you deny it you're missing a HUGE drop in playerbase/disinterest in Vietnam. That "ship" sailed months ago.

The only people that are going to get Vietnam are people like me, that are happy with BC2 despite it's downfalls or people like Faceless that play BC2 and only BC2 (or any other BF) 24/7. Just take a look in the Battlefield: Play4Free thread, there is some people in there that aren't getting Vietnam as they have completely lost interest in BC2 after DICE's lack of support.

Faceless said:
and one guy early on tried to RPG B from the roof of the warehouse, so i C4'd most of the roof away

I can NEVER C4 that roof without someone killing me in the process of trying to do it. SMH at you for being able to do that crazy stuff. :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
BC1 maps... I would trade all of BC2's maps for half the maps in BC1 without blinking.

Harvest Day would've been one of my first choices, but the <2.0> worries me a little bit. Hopefully DICE isn't retarded enough to put more than one com at each base in a destructible building.

Second choice: End of the line>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oasis >>>>>Deconstruction.

Any one of those three and I'll be happen. But hopefully it'd EOTL.

God all of those maps were so good... I wish we could trade all the new ones in for those.

Evolved1

Fersis said:
BC2 is my first Battlefield.

:3

There are things about BC2 that I prefer now... most of it, actually. But BC1 maps murdered BC2, imo.

I liked how medic (support class) had the mortars in BC1 though... little bitch recons should not be rewarded with another camping weapon. In BC1 the support having mortars and med packs meant they had to stick relatively close to the action to use both. And there was friendly fire, so it was good that supports were near the action when calling in mortar barrages. But mostly I just hate that pussy recons have them now, which just promotes their worthless playstyle.

poppabk

Fersis said:
BC2 is my first Battlefield.

:3
Same here.

Anyone on PC (or maybe console) know the best audio choice for using headphones with dolby headphone. I was trying a few out, and on at least one of the options the armed MCOM's were silent.

recklessmind said:
There are things about BC2 that I prefer now... most of it, actually. But BC1 maps murdered BC2, imo.

I liked how medic (support class) had the mortars in BC1 though... little bitch recons should not be rewarded with another camping weapon. In BC1 the support having mortars and med packs meant they had to stick relatively close to the action to use both. And there was friendly fire, so it was good that supports were near the action when calling in mortar barrages. But mostly I just hate that pussy recons have them now, which just promotes their worthless playstyle.

Mortars are really weak, even in HC. It really isn't an unbalanced weapon.

Evolved1

after seeing White Pass Rush, i worry about Harvest Day! EVERY SINGLE CRATE is in a building!

There's no way they haven't felt the backlash from that. Every BC2 forum I read people complain about it. They'd have to be deaf, or just really not give a shit, to keep them all in buildings.

Or you know the easy way to fix it is copy the second and last sets on Nelson Bay... one of the buildings cannot be destroyed.

OMF FIXED THAT WASA CRAZY HARD. :lol

Evolved1

Lagspike_exe said:

Getting constantly mortar-pounded by a team of pussy recons who won't leave their base is the most infuriating aspect of the game. It makes defending a frustrating drawn out mess when you're dealing with 65 tickets worth of UAVBomb cheese while mortars shake the screen and destroy all the cover so its easier for the fucks to snipe you a thousand times.

It takes forever. It's frustrating, and stupid. Mortars are weak as hell... but they shake the screen like atom bombs are dropping and they encourage recons to stay hidden and annoying.

TheSeks

Lagspike_exe said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol "Unbalanced, not."

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hey guys, let's spawn sniper!

"OKAY!"

And equip the mortar!

"OKAY!"

(Sit in the back of the base)

Sniper 1 hits the back
Sniper 2 hits the side
Sniper 3 hits another side
Sniper 4 hits the front.

Sniper4 <Destruction 2.0> Personnearcrateinbuilding
Sniper4 <Destruction 2.0> Personanearcrateinbuilding2
Sniper4 <Mortar Strike> Personanearcrateinbuilding3
Sniper1 <Mortar Strike> Personanearacrateinbuilding4

Not to mention the hand of god hitting you from over a half mile from where the mortar is and throwing your aim off.

Wreckless mind said:
Of you know the easy way to fix it is copy the second and last sets on Nelson Bay... one of the buildings cannot be destroyed.

You could theoretically <D 2.0> B of last set Nelson Bay. But it's got those "metal bars" holding it up. They'd probably pull something similar in the BC1 maps, but it would fly in the face of including <D 2.0> in the game.

Pein

Banned
Probably been asked a billion times already but is it noob friendly? I tried playing MW2 again and I get killed way too often by people who have been playing longer.

Lagspike_exe said:
oh man, how did i miss that comment about recons, mortars and BC1. BC1 recons had the Guided Missile Bomb of DOOM!!! Mortars are a step down! well, except for the screen shake effect...

Pein said:
Probably been asked a billion times already but is it noob friendly? I tried playing MW2 again and I get killed way too often by people who have been playing longer.
not really... at the start you're going to die... a lot. until you get the flow of the game anyway. but GAF has many players on PC, PS3 and 360 that you can play with and get the hang of the game faster. but you don't have to kill to contribute to the team, you can do a lot by just healing, reviving, repairing vehicles and providing ammo.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
You could theoretically <D 2.0> B of last set Nelson Bay. But it's got those "metal bars" holding it up. They'd probably pull something similar in the BC1 maps, but it would fly in the face of including <D 2.0> in the game.

But <D 2.0> any crate building is, and always has been, stupid. It was never good for the game... add another thing about BC1 that was better.

Pein said:

It is to the extent that you don't have to get kills to help the team. I've seen medics get ace pins over and over, and most of their points were from heals/revives. There are tons of things that you can do to contribute to wins that don't require having a high K/D and super reaction time.

For instance snipers generally have high K/D, but they're the most worthless players.

BC2 imo is only enjoyable when you play with a squad of people you know. It's very hard to find enjoyable experiences with randoms.

oh man, how did i miss that comment about recons, mortars and BC1. BC1 recons had the Guided Missile Bomb of DOOM!!! Mortars are a step down! well, except for the screen shake effect...

Some how I'd forgotten about the LD... maybe I blocked out the memory! :lol

vixlar

As reckless says, this game is not about kill and kill and kill. You get points by curing, reviving, spotting, almost killing, follow orders, repairing tanks, arming and disarming crates, capturing flags...

Maybe the only hard part is that you begin without support gadgets. That makes it hard especially for the medic, because both of his gadgets are supportive. But you can steal weapons from dead people, and that gives you all their gadgets and specs. And the points you do with the stolen weapon go to the class you chose originally, not the class of the weapon you stole. That helps a lot.

Medics earn a lot of points. Throw a medic pack near a crate that your squad had marked. You gain points for healing, defense (or attack) and follow orders. And that's without shooting a single bullet, even without being in the middle of a rainfire. But if you stay near that crate, you can kill some guys your teams couldn't kill, revive your dead comrades, maybe an avenger kill, or kill assist... once i did more than 1000 points in less than a minute protecting a crate. And I only killed two enemies.

TheSeks

Mortars weren't that useful in BC1, you have to admit. There was only few buildings they were key attacks at, otherwise they were mostly defense/annoyments.

BC2 upped the annoyment factor while making them an easier/from-far-away <D 2.0> ability.

not really... at the start you're going to die... a lot. until you get the flow of the game anyway. but GAF has many players on PC, PS3 and 360 that you can play with and get the hang of the game faster. but you don't have to kill to contribute to the team, you can do a lot by just healing, reviving, repairing vehicles and providing ammo.

So long as you have those kit items unlocked, right? ;) ;) ;) ;)

But <D 2.0> any crate building is, and always has been, stupid. It was never good for the game... add another thing about BC1 that was better.

It's not really stupid. It's just the most of the methods for it can be done from far away. If it was C4 only that caused a <D 2.0> you'd have to get in close, slip past the defenders, lay the C4, AND detonate it without the defenders knowing that would be harder/more enjoyable to do.

Really, though, they only need to put one of the crates in a non-<D 2.0> building, but even then that just means I'll go to rocket sniping it or getting in close and abusing C4 on it. They can't win for lose on crate damage.

Edit: And really, <D 2.0> isn't the issue with the crates. It's the focus on destroying them instead of arming them that is. You could pretty much bitch about rocket sniping, C4, grenades, AT mines being stupid "additions" to the game but they're there and they're used. <D 2.0> isn't really the issue as it was more for flavor. They just didn't expect people to suddenly focus on bashing the crates for easy wins.

Should I get the ultimate edition

Yes. This. Ultimate gives you early unlocks from limited edition + onslaught ($10) + SPECACT ($5) + 1943 ($15) DLC for free. It's worth the $60 + the VIP code included that probably isn't in the regular/used copy you'd get more than likely.

you can do a lot by just healing, reviving, repairing vehicles and providing ammo.

This is true. I die a lot, but provide support services for GAF. GAF's little cripple that helps them steamroll the other team that couldn't defend. ;)

TheSeks said:
Mortars weren't that useful in BC1, you have to admit. There was only few buildings they were key attacks at, otherwise they were mostly defense/annoyments.

BC2 upped the annoyment factor while making them an easier/from-far-away <D 2.0> ability.
well, you could reliably destroy outdoor crates with the mortars in BC1!

So long as you have those kit items unlocked, right? ;) ;) ;) ;)
YOU'RE SCARING HIM AWAY!!!

TheSeks

well, you could reliably destroy outdoor crates with the mortars in BC1!

You and me need to play BC1 later today so I can see that in action. The mortars were tight, sure. But I don't think they did reliable damage.

YOU'RE SCARING HIM AWAY!!!

:lol :lol :lol Oh, come on, he has to know the downfalls first before he goes "ZOMG THIS ISN'T LIKE CALL OF DOODY! SHIT SUCKS! *sells it*"

I'm sure he'll enjoy the game, but the first few hours are going to be REALLY hard to get into. Battlefield is a different change in gears from Call of Duty.

SA-X

recklessmind said:
BC1 maps... I would trade all of BC2's maps for half the maps in BC1 without blinking.

Harvest Day would've been one of my first choices, but the <2.0> worries me a little bit. Hopefully DICE isn't retarded enough to put more than one com at each base in a destructible building.

Second choice: End of the line>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oasis >>>>>Deconstruction.

Any one of those three and I'll be happen. But hopefully it'd EOTL.

God all of those maps were so good... I wish we could trade all the new ones in for those.
Yes, End of the line has to be the other map. It worked perfectly for both Rush and Conquest and was probably the best map in the game. Oasis is fantastic too, but I doubt we'll get that since it is so similar to Arica Habor (desert map, start off with a wide open tank battle and gradually get more urban until the end is basically a city map).

poppabk

Pein said:
I play on PC with a trackpad, which puts me at a permanent competitive disadvantage. In a game like MW or Counterstrike it would make the game unplayable, but in BC2 you can still be a major asset to your team and help win games even when handicapped. I have a k/d ratio of 0.5 but still have a great time and have a w/l ratio over 1 and that is purely playing with randoms.

Top Bottom