• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheOddOne

TheSeks said:
I only used the 10th Prestige hack in MW2 for the title/call signs. "My Little Pwny" hidden behind the first prestige? Fuck that shit, I'll unlock all of them and level to 70 and forget that shit.
:facepalm:

olimpia84

Awesome, I've never played BC1 so everything will be new to me. Now I just need to solve my internet issue and get back online

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
ZOMFG !!!! WOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Hug me TheSeks !

No. You like KoF12 and never played BC1. :mad:

TheOddOne said:
:facepalm:

:facepalm: because that hack only gave me the titles and stupid skull icon. Unlocks I still had to get. So fuck your shit.

olimpia84 said:
>>Never played BC1<<

Fix this. NOW.

Arol

Hey I've joined in a few games with you guys so I'll see if anyone wants to add me so I can get some more games in. I know I have dreamgazer on my friends list.

Stopped playing for a few months due to being busy and I just started getting back into it again. The previous guys I played with all bailed on me so I'll sport the GAF tag

Either way my PSN is: Arolisci

Rawk Hawk

i-Lo said:
How's the online population on PS3 and 360?

360 always seems to have no issues finding matches. I don't play daily, but whenever I get the urge to play a few rounds there are always enough players.

yeah, some more GAF members should get BC1 so we can steamroll the people that still play it. then you guys can hate BC2's dpad for weapon selection and fall in love with stickdrive.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
then you guys can hate BC2's dpad for weapon selection

NO U!

*kicks you into a pit with that crappy trigger selection scheme*

>>stick drive<<

I just use L1/L2 driving. Which is very weird going back to from BC2's L/R2 trigger driving.

We give DICE a lot of shit - and they deserve it too, since the fuckers still haven't put a single server in Australia (the closest to me is on the other side of the world on the West coast of the US for godsake). But I will give them credit for releasing four new maps for free. Yes, they took their sweet ass time, but free is free and I can't see a Treyarch or Infinity Ward ever doing something like that. So props to DICE.

Now get me a fucking server that isn't 7,500 miles away. And stop trying to connect me to Japanese servers by default in the meantime; Tokyo might be only 5000 miles away as the crow flies, but Australian internet traffic to Japan is routed through the West coast of the US first you silly pricks, so it's actually 13,000 miles away. Thanks for the free maps though.

keyrat

I just hope the maps come at least a week or two before BFV so people play them.

/dice skepticism

But yea, good on them for providing some real new maps for free.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
A while ago a good folk from DICE gave me Battlefield 2 (PC) so i wanted to try it today and .... everytime i join a game im kicked with a message like this :
PunkBusterA.exe couldnt get a connection

Any clues?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Fersis said:
A while ago a good folk from DICE gave me Battlefield 2 (PC) so i wanted to try it today and .... everytime i join a game im kicked with a message like this :

Any clues?
Try manually updating punkbuster. Also check your firewall and add punkbuster A and B to it.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Fersis said:

Any clues?

go to evenbalance.com, download punkbuster, install it.

Also prepare for massive dissapointment.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thanks guys! Im updating right now.

I have the BF2 Ultimate edition or something like that. It has some expansions packs i think.
The DICE guy also gave me 2142 but i lost the download code ·__.

Spl1nter

You console folk aint ready for this! PC Moment of the Day
so far!

Myself and a friend are playing on an Atacama desert 500 ticket conquest server. We have been flying the heli the entire round but have had no success. The enemy team is in a dominate positon. They have controlled A and B the entire game. Our team is just fighting to hold onto C as our tanks cant get close to B as they recieve fire from the 3 enemy tanks, each with a crew of two ready to destroy any opposition. The opposition also has a person ready to hop on the AA at B making our job in the heli extremely difficult. At this point in the game the tickets are down to 60-130 in favour of the opposing team.

We get in the heli after having been shot down 30 seconds into our last flight by the combined power of three 50 cal's, one AA at B and an enemy heli. Nevertheless, something amazing begins to occur. As the pilot I am able to neutralize the the enemy AA at B while my gunner is able to eliminate the enemy helicopter at the same time. With the biggest AA threats down we have air superiority and are able to slowly eliminate the enemy armor around B. Our air support allows the team to push out of C and capture B, putting heavy pressure on A. We pick off tanks and reinforcements as they come out of their main base as our team continues to place pressure on A. Still we take heavy fire from the enemy AA in their base and die over A. The team has closed the gap to were the tickets are 20-65.

We jump back in the heli and know we have to dominate for any hope to win. We rain fire from the skies. The gap continues to close as we demolish their armor and infantry support around A. The tickets are depleting but ours at a slower rate. Finally, with 3 tickets a piece we are tied and have a possibility of winning. As we take heavy fire from AA and tanks between their main base and A we fly in for one final pass. Our target is a tank we already made one successful pass on. Enemy fire is tearing our heli apart however we are able to hold course. We complete our final pass and eliminate the tank and the two enemies which manned it. Tickets are now at 3-1. However, we took and extensive damage and are now at 5 health. I drop down and fly low skimming over the sand dunes retreating back to C as we continue to take enemy fire. We make it all the way back to C before we take one final hit. We both barely bailout and survive the crash. The tickets continue to drop down, 2-1, 1-1, 1-0. Our team wins. If we had not survived the heli crash or been able to make our final pass our team would of lost the round. Just a phenomenal come back and one of many battlefield moment.

Spl1nter said:
so far!

Myself and a friend are playing on an Atacama desert 500 ticket conquest server. We have been flying the heli the entire round but have had no success. The enemy team is in a dominate positon. They have controlled A and B the entire game. Our team is just fighting to hold onto C as our tanks cant get close to B as they recieve fire from the 3 enemy tanks, each with a crew of two ready to destroy any opposition. The opposition also has a person ready to hop on the AA at B making our job in the heli extremely difficult. At this point in the game the tickets are down to 60-130 in favour of the opposing team.

We get in the heli after having been shot down 30 seconds into our last flight by the combined power of three 50 cal's, one AA at B and an enemy heli. Nevertheless, something amazing begins to occur. As the pilot I am able to neutralize the the enemy AA at B while my gunner is able to eliminate the enemy helicopter at the same time. With the biggest AA threats down we have air superiority and are able to slowly eliminate the enemy armor around B. Our air support allows the team to push out of C and capture B, putting heavy pressure on A. We pick off tanks and reinforcements as they come out of their main base as our team continues to place pressure on A. Still we take heavy fire from the enemy AA in their base and die over A. The team has closed the gap to were the tickets are 20-65.

We jump back in the heli and know we have to dominate for any hope to win. We rain fire from the skies. The gap continues to close as we demolish their armor and infantry support around A. The tickets are depleting but ours at a slower rate. Finally, with 3 tickets a piece we are tied and have a possibility of winning. As we take heavy fire from AA and tanks between their main base and A we fly in for one final pass. Our target is a tank we already made one successful pass on. Enemy fire is tearing our heli apart however we are able to hold course. We complete our final pass and eliminate the tank and the two enemies which manned it. Tickets are now at 3-1. However, we took and extensive damage and are now at 5 health. I drop down and fly low skimming over the sand dunes retreating back to C as we continue to take enemy fire. We make it all the way back to C before we take one final hit. We both barely bailout and survive the crash. The tickets continue to drop down, 2-1, 1-1, 1-0. Our team wins. If we had not survived the heli crash or been able to make our final pass our team would of lost the round. Just a phenomenal come back and one of many battlefield moment.
Those heroic matches are the best, love flipping them around at the last possible moment :D

Yopis

Spl1nter said:
so far!

Thats big time

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Spl1nter said:
so far!

Myself and a friend are playing on an Atacama desert 500 ticket conquest server. The tickets continue to drop down, 2-1, 1-1, 1-0. Our team wins.
I bet the other team were not quite as happy.

Spl1nter

poppabk said:
I bet the other team were not quite as happy.

the chat was going pretty crazy. I let out a big fuck ya. The next match was eerily similar however we didnt come as close to losing. We won by ~20-0. Still two comebacks in a row was awesome. Large part due to me and my friend in the heli. We had horrible starts both matches but then finished amazingly well, allowing our team to push and win.

Fersis

Anyone gonna be online tonight?

EDIT :Were on the Online Board!

UFRA

Fersis said:
Anyone gonna be online tonight?

EDIT :Were on the Online Board!

I'll be online tonight. I hope we can get a good PS3 GAF turnout tonight. This will be my last night as a regular BC2 player.

Tomorrow the dark side will take me in. :p

TheSeks

*F5*

OH GOD, HOW DID WE GET IN THE ONLINE SECTION! I'M NOT VERY GOOD WITH COMPUTERS!

SMH @ splitting OT's, discussion groups, and moving them to different sections. :/

Makes sense, I suppose.

Completely unrelated to BC2 but: Fuck MS and their shitty hardware. I'm trying to fix the stupid GPU in the 360 and they have to make it a fucking chore to get at. Fuck you, MS. Maybe if your shit was built solidly, I wouldn't have to bend over backwards to get to it. FFFF.

TheOddOne said:

Cry more, I didn't hurt anyone with it. So QQ more.

Cruzader

Banned
Hey guys, glad to be back.

With that said, count me in on jumping on BC2 when the new VIP pack comes out and possibly for Vietnam expansion.

Playing both KZ3 mess and shitty MoH MP, I want to go back to the bliss BC2 is *when* the servers aint laggy. :D

TheSeks said:
*F5*

SMH @ splitting OT's, discussion groups, and moving them to different sections. :/

I say it's a conspiracy from the Black Ops crowd:lol

Anyway, just coming in here to say:
1)Early Unbanned
2)Not going to be on much this week
3)
Posting a sig post after not being able to post for over 3 months:
ps3_dreamgazer.png

Tripwood said:
This video has probably already been posted (i haven't checked), but just in case some of you missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ZBP7cY8o8&feature=related

This guy knows his AT4.
I find it very difficult to judge the distance between the rocket and the target, yet he makes it look so easy.
The medic ramboing down in the beginning still cracks me up to this day.

A lot of us know about this video, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Fersis

Eternal Sleeper said:
I say it's a conspiracy from the Black Ops crowd:lol

Anyway, just coming in here to say:
1)Early Unbanned
2)Not going to be on much this week
3)
Posting a sig post after not being able to post for over 3 months:
ps3_dreamgazer.png
Why did you get banned?

SA-X

Pretty awesome map pack, I tried playing bc1 last weekend and couldn't go back to it. It feels too sluggish and I really like all the little changes they did for bc2. Happy that two of the best maps were chosen to be ported over.

I wonder if they'll change any of the crate locations to account for d2.0

All the crates on Harvest Day and all except the one in the middle of the plaza at the last base on Oasis would be in destructible buildings.

Edit: Why the fuck did this get moved to the online forum?

TheSeks

Fuck rush. Going to Conquest.

Edit: ...And by that, I mean GAF picks Rush... AGAIN. :|
Edit: Yeah, fuck that, going back to Conquest and staying there. Someone can join me or don't. I can't care.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
was in the middle of a rough game and the PS3 froze... :/

TheSeks

HAHAHA, Atacama Defense.

Kills: 31
Deaths: 11
KDR: 3.18

Ace
16020 points
3 Nemesis's

Shitty gunner, though. Sorry, JM for taking that seat.

On the plus side, air vehicle Platinum star. So I don't have to chopper gunner steal you anymore. :p

Edit: Good game to go out on. Faceless piloting and I in the gunner from attack start to final set. No switching/respawning the chopper.

Kills: 8
Deaths: 1
KDR: 8.00
One nemesis

And a Faceless Helicopter <Roadkill> in a pair tree.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Shitty gunner, though. Sorry, JM for taking that seat.

Ah, don't be sorry at all. You did just fine! I wanted to be with you guys just to repair that thing so it never got back in the hands of the Sir-Camps-A-Lot team. That was so long and tiring...glad it finally ended.

I switched to your squad just to spawn in the chopper with you guys and then I just relaxed for the ride and repaired you the 3 times or so someone hit you with a bullet lol.

TheSeks

UFRA said:
That was so long and tiring...glad it finally ended.

That round sucked, when they took the first set at like 5-20 tickets left, I raged hard. Faceless comes up to the second set with a helicopter. I'm like "SHIT!" (circle) "FUCK I CAN'T GET IN! D: D: D: D:" (runs around the wing, hops in) "ALRIGHT, TIME TO STR--NO! FACELESS I CAN'T FIRE ON THIS ONE DUDE, BACK BACK! THANK YOU! OH NO SOMEONE GOT HIM! SPOT ASSIST! SPOT ASSIST! YES! KILL! :lol " I kept damaging dudes, Faceless flew over them, and either they'd sneak into the base and die or they'd get mopped up at their base with me getting assists.

I should have a lot more points, but I can't lead my shots into certain death calls. :/

Also that first set had me spraying across the map sniping snipers with the VADS. Not sure if you guys noticed me just sitting there "BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM" for around 10-30 mins(?) but I got people. They landed the helicopter behind the crates and somehow part of it was sticking out from behind the transport crates to where I was hitting it OVER the edge of the crates to kill them. :lol :lol :lol

It was like:

....... |them
......../////// crate

......xMe

And they kept trying to fire tracer rounds on us, which they completely sucked at. I'm not sure if Faceless smoked them off as they were coming, but I didn't notice but ONE locked on (that somehow we got out of smoke as before they fired the rocket?), but the rest of the time they were basically firing up in the air and giving me a "please fuck me with bullets" sign. :lol

And you guys COMPLETELY missed Faceless' roadkill the next round you guys bailed from. That was hilarious. I was gunning for the dude going for a disarm and Faceless smash lands into him, I see the death on camera, he was in my + of the firing reticle.

Faceless <roadkill> Disarmer.

I lol'ed for a good two minutes at that.

AND his crazy ass landed at B last set, I'm taking damage, he takes out a dude (I think) firing on us, arms B, I back back to repair. (somehow getting squad repair +20. WTF DICE, I can repair my own helicopter and get points? EXPLOIT!) He gets back in as I top it to 100 and we circle strife and kill the last three-four defenders in the game.

The Faceless Master said:
PS3 GAF & friends rolling .. 10 deep? SERVER CRASH! it was a nice game too, GAF vs a bunch of Lv50 clan people
It was likes 10-11 level 50s on the other team. In fact it was 2 times today we've met the other team with that much level 50s.

Man I got killed today. It was back and forth winning with those level 50s. Something is up though, I think the map pack announcement is the reason why.

TheSeks said:
That round sucked, when they took the first set at like 5-20 tickets left, I raged hard. Faceless comes up to the second set with a helicopter. I'm like "SHIT!" (circle) "FUCK I CAN'T GET IN! D: D: D: D:" (runs around the wing, hops in) "ALRIGHT, TIME TO STR--NO! FACELESS I CAN'T FIRE ON THIS ONE DUDE, BACK BACK! THANK YOU! OH NO SOMEONE GOT HIM! SPOT ASSIST! SPOT ASSIST! YES! KILL! :lol " I kept damaging dudes, Faceless flew over them, and either they'd sneak into the base and die or they'd get mopped up at their base with me getting assists.

I should have a lot more points, but I can't lead my shots into certain death calls. :/

Also that first set had me spraying across the map sniping snipers with the VADS. Not sure if you guys noticed me just sitting there "BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM" for around 10-30 mins(?) but I got people. They landed the helicopter behind the crates and somehow part of it was sticking out from behind the transport crates to where I was hitting it OVER the edge of the crates to kill them. :lol :lol :lol

It was like:

....... |them
......../////// crate

......xMe

And they kept trying to fire tracer rounds on us, which they completely sucked at. I'm not sure if Faceless smoked them off as they were coming, but I didn't notice but ONE locked on (that somehow we got out of smoke as before they fired the rocket?), but the rest of the time they were basically firing up in the air and giving me a "please fuck me with bullets" sign. :lol

And you guys COMPLETELY missed Faceless' roadkill the next round you guys bailed from. That was hilarious. I was gunning for the dude going for a disarm and Faceless smash lands into him, I see the death on camera, he was in my + of the firing reticle.

Faceless <roadkill> Disarmer.

I lol'ed for a good two minutes at that.

AND his crazy ass landed at B last set, I'm taking damage, he takes out a dude (I think) firing on us, arms B, I back back to repair. (somehow getting squad repair +20. WTF DICE, I can repair my own helicopter and get points? EXPLOIT!) He gets back in as I top it to 100 and we circle strife and kill the last three-four defenders in the game.
yeah, they got 2 tracers on me, one when i was circling around the back of the ship and another when i was above/behind their base, and i smoked both of them.

oh man, that roadkill was just hilarious, i was flying in so you could shoot him and them i thought... CRUSH HIM!

and then when i landed the HIND and hopped out to arm B at the final base, i don't even know what i was thinking... that was random, even for me!

holy lalalalaing lalalala!

zh1nt0 said:
Thank you for all your kind words! We have put a lot of work into these maps and we are sure the Community will love them!

There have been many questions regarding the new Map Pack and I'll try to answer some of them right here:

1. Will the maps have similar gameplay features as in BC1 (MEC, Artillery)?

- Unfortunately they will not. The maps have been made with the idea and vision of Bad Company 2. The maps have been suited to fit the vision, gameplay and scope of Bad Company 2.

2. Do you have a release date ready for us?

- I do not have a release date for you yet. I'm however working on to get a release date out for you guys. The whole idea of Map Pack 7 was to announce that "Hey guys, we are working on this". This does not necessarily mean that we will give an ETA, but we will post an ETA when we are 100% sure of a date.

3. Why not Cold war CQ and Heavy Metal Rush?

- The specific thought was to make Conquest even more vehicle packed than Atacama Desert with an emphasis on brutal clashes between tanks. With four helicopters in the sky and 8 tanks on the ground, we wanted to bring vehicular warfare to a completely new level in BC2.

Heavy Metal Rush didn't really fit into our vision, the same as Cold War CQ.

4. Why did you choose Oasis and Harvest Day? There were plenty of other maps to choose from!

- We decided to go with these after taking a look at the Facebook poll posted some months ago. We also listened to a lot of voices from the Community specifically wanting Oasis and Harvest Day. The maps also differ quite well from eachother.

Whats the maximum C4 a player can carry? Because I saw an assault class guy throw four C4 onto a M-com who then suicided and took out the M-com in one go. I was like WTF.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Whats the maximum C4 a player can carry? Because I saw an assault class guy throw four C4 onto a M-com who then suicided and took out the M-com in one go. I was like WTF.
you carry 3 normally and 6 with the extra explosives Spec 1

it takes 12 to destroy a crate at full health, 10 with the explosive damage Spec 2 (the numbers have doubled on PC with the latest patch)

Top Bottom