• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So... why the COD BO thread isnt moved to the online board?
Just asking.

Fersis said:
So... why the COD BO thread isnt moved to the online board?
Just asking.
people are still talking about single player in the thread. i mean, the game was just released! in a few months when it's all MP talk, that'll be a different story.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The Faceless Master said:
people are still talking about single player in the thread. i mean, the game was just released! in a few months when it's all MP talk, that'll be a different story.
Oh i see.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
Oh i see.

It's a really stupid policy, but what can you do? Evilore wants multiplayer threads hidden so they don't "clutter up" his "news" forum. :/

- The specific thought was to make Conquest even more vehicle packed than Atacama Desert with an emphasis on brutal clashes between tanks. With four helicopters in the sky and 8 tanks on the ground, we wanted to bring vehicular warfare to a completely new level in BC2.

It's as if DICE is purposely trying to give me a heart attack and kill my PS3 at the same time. FREEZES AHOY from the tank shells and helicopters.

oh man, that roadkill was just hilarious, i was flying in so you could shoot him and them i thought... CRUSH HIM!

and then when i landed the HIND and hopped out to arm B at the final base, i don't even know what i was thinking... that was random, even for me!

:lol Yeah, that landing was "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DO--NO! GET BACK IN! NO OUR HEALTH! (dwindling to 20) back back REPAIR REPAIR DAMN YOU! (repairs start up, top it out somehow)"

OBJECTIVE B HAS BEEN ARMED!

"COME ON AND GET BACK IN! D:"

(Faceless gets in and we take off to circle strafe the last base)

Fersis

abuC said:
My type of map, tank to tank is my specialty.
I can confirm that abuC is the best tank driver/pilot ive ever seen.
So yeah, Heavy Metal gonna be OFF THE HOOK!

derFeef

Fersis said:
I can confirm that abuC is the best tank driver/pilot ive ever seen.
So yeah, Heavy Metal gonna be OFF THE HOOK!
I'm also in, if the map suits it. The current BC2 maps are not ery well suited for conquest and many vehicles, especially choppers are a pain.

TheSeks

derFeef said:
I'm also in, if the map suits it. The current BC2 maps are not ery well suited for conquest and many vehicles, especially choppers are a pain.

They really need more VADS. But then "BAWWW TOO POWERFUL!"

Or give more turrets and shit. You shouldn't need to rely on an RPG or tracer to get the birds down.

Bad Company 1 sort-of had it right as there was at least ONE anti-air in the building. Most of BC's rush and conquest maps barely have that and the anti-air wagon/vehicle is a joke. :|

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
They really need more VADS. But then "BAWWW TOO POWERFUL!"

Or give more turrets and shit. You shouldn't need to rely on an RPG or tracer to get the birds down.

Bad Company 1 sort-of had it right as there was at least ONE anti-air in the building. Most of BC's rush and conquest maps barely have that and the anti-air wagon/vehicle is a joke. :|

Small arms fire should do damage to choppers... you know, like in real life.

Problem solved.

I'm here all week folks.

Fersis

I hope that the BC2 crew playing the new FPS comes back when the new maps are released.

Fersis

playing with randoms is so awesome. especially when you have 11 attackers on your team that don't attack!
Sometimes i get a squad full of recons... that dont throw motion sensor and dont spot. =/

Evolved1

So my short time on the dark side consisted of getting spawn raped by a helicopter for 10 mins and I had nothing to counter it, since I'm new and have zero weapons unlocked. Rest of the team was like me... and we were torn straight to shit by an invincible pilot until the game ended.

Wicked fun.

And the laughable visuals coupled with framedrops out the ass... well I'm back to BC2. Hopefully I can get my money back for that turd I just bought.

And the autoaim! :lol :lol :lol :lol omg, worse than I remember.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
And the laughable visuals coupled with framedrops out the ass... well I'm back to BC2. Hopefully I can get my money back for that turd I just bought.

Told. You.

Just like I Told. You. to Olimpia about Medal of Honor.

Why don't some of you listen to me? BC2 is the best shooter on the market until Battlefield 3 is out, wither DICE supports it or not.

The only shooter in this generation that comes close to Battlefield is maybe Call of Duty 4, and that's only because it has ZERO of the bullshit (with the exception of shitty spawns) that CoD5/6/7 have had.

Otherwise Quake 3 Arena is the pinnacle of the FPS genre. id Software *bow bow*.

playing with randoms is so awesome. especially when you have 11 attackers on your team that don't attack!

I know the feeling. I just turn into a sniper, pad my KDR and then leave right before they lose. Screw having their shitty asses be part of my "lose" WLR.

Heavy Metal features both attack and transport helicopters. Warning: Travelling by foot on Heavy Metal can feel a bit daunting.

2MF8y.png

kQIJS.png

RRY09.png

Welcome to the second post in our series on the upcoming VIP Map Pack 7. Today, we revisit the single player map Heavy Metal -- now turned into one of the largest multiplayer maps for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

For VIP Map Pack 7, we always knew we wanted the classics Oasis and Harvest Day. But we also know that our players love huge battlefields with plenty of vehicles. So we went back to the singleplayer campaign in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to see what we could take from there and transform into new multiplayer maps. We wanted a level that could incorporate both vehicle warfare and close quarters battle. We found that in Heavy Metal.

The multiplayer game mode of choice on this remastered version of Heavy Metal is Conquest, with the classic three flag setup. The three flags are spread over the entire terrain. This seemed like a crazy idea at first -- this map is even bigger than Atacama Desert -- but we stuck to it, and it turned out to provide a real sense of epic scale.

There are plenty of vehicles here, and they will spawn on captured bases, so players will not feel stranded if they decide to move to another base. If an enemy chopper happens to stop by for a rocket-filled visit, anti air guns are provided in strategic locations to keep the air battles balanced and the home bases safe.

We hope you enjoy this immense battlefield when VIP Map Pack 7 goes live. Be sure to check back regularly for the very latest information on everything Battlefield. Next Wednesday, we take an in-depth look at Cold War, the third map in VIP Map Pack 7.

Correction: This Monday, we reported the multiplayer modes for all maps in VIP Map Pack 7. For Heavy Metal, the correct modes are Conquest and Squad Deathmatch.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/11/10/vip7heavymetal.aspx

TheSeks

So, there's no Rush on it? That's a bit... uneventful. :/

Good for Conquest, though.

recklessmind said:
So my short time on the dark side consisted of getting spawn raped by a helicopter for 10 mins and I had nothing to counter it, since I'm new and have zero weapons unlocked. Rest of the team was like me... and we were torn straight to shit by an invincible pilot until the game ended.
that's how i feel in Bad Company when i don't have AT Mines.

TheSeks said:
So, there's no Rush on it? That's a bit... uneventful. :/

Good for Conquest, though.
we knew there was no Rush in the last update. we're finding out now that there's no Squad Rush.

TheSeks

we knew there was no Rush in the last update. we're finding out now that there's no Squad Rush.

Oh. Meh. :/

Rush on it would probably take an hour per set anyway... what, with all the vehicles spawning and having to take them out and all. :lol

whee, crossposting!

i think GAF is getting notorious, some random dude sent me a message after i lost a game when i was the only GAF player on!

smESw.jpg

we had a long back & forth 'discussion' too...

probably thru a dozen games

Evolved1

Damn... if I didn't have an exam tomorrow I'd be all over BC2 today. :lol

Random question: what's the best way to return an open game to Walmart? I just bought like a couple hours ago... but I opened it, unfortunately. :/

Am I better off getting a trade in credit at gamespot or something?

UFRA

recklessmind said:
Damn... if I didn't have an exam tomorrow I'd be all over BC2 today. :lol

Random question: what's the best way to return an open game to Walmart? I just bought like a couple hours ago... but I opened it, unfortunately. :/

Am I better off getting a trade in credit at gamespot or something?

No the trade-in will be a ripoff assuming it's a recent game (Black Ops? :lol). They'll give you like $40 probably and then sell it for like $55.

As for Wal-Mart, the best you can try is saying you just want to exchange it for in-store credit. Probably unlikely to work though, I dunno...

OR...if you're really good at lying (and I don't approve of this method) you could tell them there's something wrong with the game (must be a really convincing story) and they'll give you a new one. Then, you take the new one back somewhere else and say it was gift and get full credit for it.

Not sure if Wal-Mart does what Best Buy does and opens new stuff if you exchange it just so you can't pull any fancy moves on them. lol

TheSeks

Either way, he's fucked. He should just send Black ops to me as a "pay it forward" thing so I can get a free platinum off it. :lol :lol :lol

Waiting for Vietnam/trophies fromt hat before I platinum BC2

TheSeks

Faceless said:
>>Crosspost<<

As I said: I'm kinda scared that we're getting notorious. We just play for fun and mostly our teams are organized/click together (generally, sometimes I'm like "WTF ARE YOU DOING!?") and overrrun the teams (generally) we play against.

I'm kinda scared to have the tag on now if we're going to get people like the one you posted that shouldn't be throwing stones while in glass houses themselves.

AKA: he sucks and if his message was "WTF YOU GUYS SUCK" because you lost, you should lol and just shake your head.

Fersis

You better use the GAF tag buddy! >8(

That also goes for Crakatak. T__T
Even the lurkers like rockscar use the GAF tag. <3 rockscar <3

TheSeks

I'm sure there will be a HIN-D for RU in addition to a variant of the transport chopper/blackhawk for the other team. It would be insane for DICE not to do that. :/

TheSeks said:
Oh. Meh. :/

Rush on it would probably take an hour per set anyway... what, with all the vehicles spawning and having to take them out and all. :lol
I predict a lot of tank M-COM sniping if it had a Rush map.

Fersis said:
You better use the GAF tag buddy! >8(

That also goes for Crakatak. T__T
Even the lurkers like rockscar use the GAF tag. <3 rockscar <3

I'm a GAF mercenary :lol

Coldsnap

Quick question; I bought the Ultimate Edition a few months ago and havn't gotten any SPECACT achievements. Is this some DLC my Edition did not come with? thanks

TheSeks said:
I'm sure there will be a HIN-D for RU in addition to a variant of the transport chopper/blackhawk for the other team. It would be insane for DICE not to do that. :/
These are the folks that brought us White Pass Rush...

But those two are already pictured in the photos I quoted. Did you mean that we might see a new variant (in terms of armaments) of one or the other?

TheSeks

Coldsnap said:
Quick question; I bought the Ultimate Edition a few months ago and havn't gotten any SPECACT achievements. Is this some DLC my Edition did not come with? thanks

Do you have the redeem code for SPECACT? It should be a piece of paper like the VIP code. You need to redeem that on XBL/PSN to get SPECACT.

whee, crossposting!

i think GAF is getting notorious, some random dude sent me a message after i lost a game when i was the only GAF player on!

[IG]http://imgur.com/smESw.jpg[/IMG]

we had a long back & forth 'discussion' too...

probably thru a dozen games
That guy probably as a huge rage on for GAF. The name does look familiar though.

TheSeks said:
there's 1 of each chopper on the map. HIND, Havoc, Apache and Blackhawk. from the brief opportunities in Isla, i've seen both sides win. th

Crakatak187 said:
That guy probably as a huge rage on for GAF. The name does look familiar though.
yeah, we played a dozen games after that and his team only won two or three of them!

he sent me a message about how all i was doing was using C4, and i replied that his team was using C4 and RPG's, but his C4 might not be as potent. he said something like "that's variety" so on the next map (Laguna Presa) i used RPG's on most of the crates and then he "had to go" because life calls! seriously, we exchanged probably twenty messages back & forth, it was hilarious, especially the ones where he insisted that i was crying over the first loss...

from the brief opportunities in Isla, i've seen both sides win.
That's interesting, I wouldn't have picked that. I very rarely see Blackhawks still in the air at the final objectives on Isla so haven't really seen them going toe-to-toe with a Hind, but I would've guessed that the Hind could easily take out the gunner on the Blackhawk (seeing as they're completely exposed).

TheSeks

the sent me a message about how all i was doing was using C4, and i replied that his team was using C4 and RPG's, but his C4 might not be as potent. he said something like "that's variety" so on the next map (Laguna Presa) i used RPG's on most of the crates and then he "had to go" because life calls! seriously, we exchanged probably twenty messages back & forth, it was hilarious, especially the ones where he insisted that i was crying over the first loss...

Considering his teams don't win, going by his stats I doubt his C4 is effective.

That said, again: It's kinda scary how something slapped on to identify other members for fun is turning us into a "legit clan"/PS3 community either fears us or hates us.

I don't think I want to be a part of that anymore. D: I don't want to be the cripple to bring you down. D:

Nice Faceless you showed him. I'll play on Friday, the TV is going to be occupied for a few days (sports, chickflicks ughhh, and etc).

I like how he complained about the things you did when his team did even more.

Talk about jumping the gun. All I read was the thread title about map pack 7 and ran out to pick up an xbox live card, ending my 2 month drought.

Oh well, ESPN on xbox is sweet and should tide me over till it comes out.

hylje

PC people, anyone else noticed defibrillator bug occasionally? Only solution I could find to fix, is to change class and then switch back.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
I don't think I want to be a part of that anymore. D: I don't want to be the cripple to bring you down. D:

I'm worse than everyone... so don't worry about bringing the team down. :lol

I wear the gaf tag proudly (mostly so the game keeps the squad together).

sometimes i wish i had 2 360's or 2 PS3's so i could play with my toes. it'd be better than some randoms.

so, hey people, what's worse? being the gunner in a HIND with a terrible pilot? or being the pilot in a HIND with a terrible gunner?

i'd have to say being a pilot with a terrible gunner, because at least when you're the gunner with a terrible pilot, at least you get shot down quickly and get to do something else.

i don't know why "you have infinite ammo, shoot everything, even if you don't see anyone. shoot buildings, trees, bushes, leave nothing standing" is so hard to understand!

vixlar

UFRA said:
OR...if you're really good at lying (and I don't approve of this method) you could tell them there's something wrong with the game (must be a really convincing story) and they'll give you a new one. Then, you take the new one back somewhere else and say it was gift and get full credit for it.

But, there really is something wrong with that game!!!!!

Evolved1

vixlar said:
But, there really is something wrong with that game!!!!!

I'm going to take the $20+ trade-in hit at gamestop just to teach myself a lesson. :lol

Faceless: Have to agree... terrible gunner is worse than terrible pilot. especially on the heli's that don't have primary weapon. Worst is when the gunner isn't in your squad, so you can't even tell him "No, take out the AA... the AA.... OMG SHOOT THE FUCKING AA!"

:lol

We need proximity chat in vehicles so bad... there should always be prox chat, really. Yo retard, why are you sniping out here, you're worthless. Um ammo please? Tank driver where the F are you going!?

Top Bottom