• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

vixlar

If this game is based on comunication... ¿why it has so limited comunication?

Sorry for the cacophony, I'm not a native English speaker...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
recklessmind said:
I'm going to take the $20+ trade-in hit at gamestop just to teach myself a lesson. :lol

Just send the copy to me and say it's a Christmas gift/contribution to a cripple fund for a tax write-off. I could use the free platinum and go into the Black Ops thread and "troll"/bitch about the balance issues. :lol ;)

@Faceless: I'd say shitty pilot, but that's mostly because I can't fly the attack choppers worth a damn (I can do it, but I generally do it if no one else is, slap C4 on it. Fly it to where I'm going. drop, blow it and wait for someone to try to steal it). Half the pilots don't fire if they have alt weapons equipped or GTFO when under fire for me/generally an engineer when I get in to repair in safety. :|

But a shitty gunner that doesn't fire on VADS/tanks is probably the worst. The issue I have with gunning on those though is it generally takes me two-five volleys instead of the one-two most other gunners do when I'm anti-airing them. *siiigh*

vixlar said:
If this game is based on comunication... ¿why it has so limited comunication?

Depends on who you're playing with. Randoms, for instance, almost never talk. Whereas, a full squad of people you know/have played with before are going to be more vocal about things.

vixlar

NEOPARADIGM said:
Depends on who you're playing with. Randoms, for instance, almost never talk. Whereas, a full squad of people you know/have played with before are going to be more vocal about things.

But you can only chat with your squad. You cannot chat with other people even if they are in the same tank or helicopter than you¬¬.

Fortunately we can always create partys (n_n)

vixlar said:
But you can only chat with your squad. You cannot chat with other people even if they are in the same tank or helicopter than you.

Yeah, fair point. Like someone else mentioned, there should be more proxy chat, definitely.

recklessmind said:
I'm going to take the $20+ trade-in hit at gamestop just to teach myself a lesson. :lol

Faceless: Have to agree... terrible gunner is worse than terrible pilot. especially on the heli's that don't have primary weapon. Worst is when the gunner isn't in your squad, so you can't even tell him "No, take out the AA... the AA.... OMG SHOOT THE FUCKING AA!"

:lol

We need proximity chat in vehicles so bad... there should always be prox chat, really. Yo retard, why are you sniping out here, you're worthless. Um ammo please? Tank driver where the F are you going!?
i don't know how many times i've bailed on a tank when the driver just speeds right on when AT Mines are in plain sight and i'm shooting at them.

proximity chat in vehicles would make so much sense, seriously, WTF DICE!?

Coldsnap

TheSeks said:
Do you have the redeem code for SPECACT? It should be a piece of paper like the VIP code. You need to redeem that on XBL/PSN to get SPECACT.

My Ultimate Edition came with a piece of paper that had my VIP code on one side and 1943 + Onslaught code on the other. Wtf I got jipped.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gonna take a break until the new maps.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Fersis said:
Gonna take a break until the new maps.

I'll still play when gaff numbers are on... but with Sly Coooper and GT5 around the corner...

Drop the maps already!

Rubixcuba

Banned
NEOPARADIGM said:
Still around? What's your PSN? I'm up for a few rounds.
Radiowar :D I've always played this game by myself (others play COD) and was looking for people, I also want that knife trophy :lol

Rubixcuba said:
Radiowar :D I've always played this game by myself (others play COD) and was looking for people, I also want that knife trophy :lol

Damn, I sent a FR to "Rubixcuba" and dude's last trophy was for BFBC2. I was sure it was you. :lol

Anyway, FR sent.

Evolved1

Crakatak187 said:
A lot of us are taking a break since new games came out.

I think gaf will at least jump back on for a while when the map pack releases... and then Vietnam is right around the corner.

Ainigma

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere...

Can you have a squad/party of 5 and go on and play Rush or Conquest? (I know this won't make sense or work in Squad Rush)

4 of my friends (5 including me) now have this and would like to know if you all go on at the same time what happens?

Evolved1

Ainigma said:
Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere...

Can you have a squad/party of 5 and go on and play Rush or Conquest? (I know this won't make sense or work in Squad Rush)

4 of my friends (5 including me) now have this and would like to know if you all go on at the same time what happens?

Max four in a squad.

But if you have the same clan tag the game will at least try to keep you on the same team. If you have 5... it's probably best to recruit 3 more people so you have two full squads.

Ocho

Hey people!

I miss playing BFBC2 with the PS3 crew. Unfortuantely, I bought Black Ops for PS3, then read the 360 version was better, and switched to the 360. Any of the PS3 GAF playing Black Ops on the 360?

Also: Where is the patch, DICE? I'm more interested in the balance changes than the new maps!

The semester is almost over, then I'll have time for both games.

Spl1nter

ochobit said:
I miss playing BFBC2 with the PS3 crew. Unfortuantely, I bought Black Ops for PS3, then read the 360 version was better, and switched to the 360. Any of the PS3 GAF playing Black Ops on the 360?

What are you trying to do lol

ochobit said:
Hey people!

Also: Where is the patch, DICE? I'm more interested in the balance changes than the new maps!

The semester is almost over, then I'll have time for both games.
the patch will most likely come with the maps... or vietnam... they aren't gonna want to do 3 different certs and pay money 3 different times on console.

also. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412540 and close the door after you use it.

Ocho

Spl1nter said:
What are you trying to do lol

??

The Faceless Master said:
the patch will most likely come with the maps... or vietnam... they aren't gonna want to do 3 different certs and pay money 3 different times on console

Makes sense.

also. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412540 and close the door after you use it.

I hope you know that doesn't really helps me, but I get it, no more Black Ops chat.

Evolved1

ochobit said:
I hope you know that doesn't really helps me, but I get it, no more Black Ops chat.

But don't you see, we are trying to help you! :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
recklessmind said:
But don't you see, we are trying to help you! :lol

We're trying to help without the obvious "LOL CALL OF DUTY" remarks, but I'm an asshole so let's get it out of the way:

LOL CALL OF DUTY. Play BC2 because you know it's the better shooter, bro. ;)

Evolved1

i was genuinely trying to help by pointing in the direction of people who play that other game.

While we're off topic I got $29 for trade-in credit on that other game... two day after it launched. They're selling it used (only had one copy) for $56.

Fuck gamestop man... I wanted to punch that guy when he told me the price like I was getting a great deal. Should have just sent it to Seks.

vixlar

This saturday, my BF partner comes to my city and he'll bring its xbox with him. Muahaha. It is another experience when you play local-online. The only downside is that one o my TV sets is a 21" SD... It is a real challenge to play there!!!

But the fun is guaranteed...

BTW, reckles... we demand your Amelie avatar!!!!!

Nameless

As an avid BF player for years, I've actually come to look forward to that other game coming out each year. Not to actually play it; personally I don't get how one can go from the Battlefield experience and take a clear step backwards. But when that game releases it always seems to weed out a lot of the scrubs, cheapskates and general crap on BF. A higher ratio of real BF enthusiasts only makes for an even better exp.

I'm on this game just as much as any of you, no idea why I havent posted here more, but if anyone 360 players still fighting the GOOD fight want to squad up my GT is: Sage Deschain. Come on people, there's no excuse for PS3-GAF to have a stronger BFBC2 presence.

Evolved1

Anyone know how much they reduced explosive damage on crates? Was it 50%? Did they reduce damage for mines and rockets too?

vixlar said:
BTW, reckles... we demand your Amelie avatar!!!!!

Coming back... these GT5 avys doesn't make any sense now anyway, since they finally announced the release date. I go through the trouble of changing my avatar(s) to express my frustration with the date speculation and the next morning they make the announcement. :lol

I just had the most fun graphical glitch I ever had, "bouncing debris", broken pieces of fences, wood and all kind of shit, was just bouncing all over the place in arica harbor, some of them even going several meters in the air.

Love it. :lol :lol

The best thing of the night.

Ocho

i was genuinely trying to help by pointing in the direction of people who play that other game.
I know man, it's just that I was asking if other Bfbc2 gaf members were enjoying cod: black ops on the 360. A specific crowd, that's all. :)

Evolved1

Calion82v said:
Great games tonight Reckless. They couldn't even touch the first set of M-COMs on White Pass. :lol

Yeah that was fun!

At one point I jumped squads to join Massa... figured I'd just invite you from there. But his squad was full and then I couldn't rejoin your squad for some reason.

So hopefully you didn't get stuck with a terrible group because I migrated. You still had high scores, but I can't help but notice that, after rolling them forever, we lost our first game when the two of us split up. :lol

Love this game... but I'm ready for the cheese-it patch and BC1 maps.

Calion

recklessmind said:
Yeah that was fun!

At one point I jumped squads to join Massa... figured I'd just invite you from there. But his squad was full and then I couldn't rejoin your squad for some reason.

So hopefully you didn't get stuck with a terrible group because I migrated. You still had high scores, but I can't help but notice that, after rolling them forever, we lost our first game when the two of us split up. :lol

Love this game... but I'm ready for the cheese-it patch and BC1 maps.

It was perfectly fine. My squad on Atacama was alright, nothing special. You're right though. As soon as we split up, things went south. Oh well, we won most of those games though. :D

Oh, and here's the hatemail I started to get in Laguna Presa a few hours ago. :lol

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

There was a few more, but they came within seconds of each other.:lol

Evolved1

I send more hate mail than I receive... I think I only send it to recons though. You know, the guys who never move out of their spawn and just snipe the whole game while their team gets rolled. If I get killed enough by a guy like that (while I'm actually doing something around the objectives) I'll send a message pointing out what a worthless piece of shit they are and how their playstyle has contributed to loss after loss.

Subject: You're awesome!

"Only a retard does the same thing over and over expecting different results -- you cannot win being such a little bitch. Hopefully someone on your team C4's the crate, cause god knows you aren't going to arm it. Actually I'd like to thank you for staying right where you are the whole game, one less person to worry about."

:lol

i only send love mail. usually complementing a smurf on the team for repairing my vehicle whenever i get hit or being a good chopper gunner. i usually only get lame hatemail.

Crakatak187 said:
Is the Dantheman poster that got banned in the GT5 thread the same Dan that we play with? I need to get this clarified.
He doesn't strike me as someone who would own a PS3.

i only send love mail. usually complementing a smurf on the team for repairing my vehicle whenever i get hit or being a good chopper gunner.
Now that's the way online gaming should be. Kudos faceless.

chris121580

I tried giving Black Ops a spin but am already back to this game. It just really can't be touched. So ready for the Vietnam expansion though.

Top Bottom