• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks said:
WHY ARE YOU POSTING HERE WHEN YOU COULD BE PLAYING WITH ME AND FERSIS AND HELPING ME STOP TANK SPAM AND MASS INFANTRY RUSH (kekekekekekeke), FACELESS!? :mad:

Fersis spawns on me and rushes on down the other side of the map of Last Set Atacama and I'm like "WTF, COME BACK! EVERYONE COME BACK! WE NEED PEOPLE IN THE TANKS NEAR THE OBJ--"

(BEEP BEEP BEEP!) OBJECTIVE B HAS BEEN ARMED!

"FFFFFF"

TheSeks <VADS> AttackingArmer
TheSeks <RPG-7> AttackingDefender

OBJECTIVE B HAS BEEN DISARMED!

(tanks finally make it in)

OBJECTIVE A HAS BEEN ARMED!
OBJECTIVE B HAS BEEN ARMED!

"FFFFFFFFF" *quit in disgust*

I hate playing with randoms. I hate playing with randoms. I hate playing with randoms.

All you 360 players should just get the PS3 version. It's where the parties at. ;)
i was playing with people on 360 :p just got done!

Effect

I have a new processor incoming today (AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8ghz) and looking for a new FPS to play on my PC. This right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKF0uAjhLyM has helped me decide. Damn. :D Now with a Geforce 9800 GT 512mb I'm not going to expect the game to look exactly like that but if it's anywhere near close or in the ball park I'll be happy. :lol

Is the online on the PC still very active?

Effect said:
I have a new processor incoming today (AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8ghz) and looking for a new FPS to play on my PC. This right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKF0uAjhLyM has helped me decide. Damn. :D Now with a Geforce 9800 GT 512mb I'm not going to expect the game to look exactly like that but if it's anywhere near close or in the ball park I'll be happy. :lol

Is the online on the PC still very active?
I have a Phenom 2 940 3.0 GHz (upgraded form a Athlon x2 4200+ 2.2Ghz)
9800 GT 1GB (upgraded from a 7950 GX2 1GB)

I can run the game fairly well even with everything maxed at about 1920x1080p, no AA 16XAF. thing is, i like to run at 60+fps constantly, so to do that i have to tweak./optimize the BFBC2 settings. a few quick tips below:

-make sure to turn off HBAO, as it gives you a decent FPS drop as well as input lag with no useful visual improvement when turned on.
-if you need more frames, use a BFBC2 Configurator to lower the quality of the underbrush and some of the vegetation and maybe even static objects and vehicles, you, this way you can keep the high textures while lowering the amount of geometry onscreen, this can gain you some decent fps without much of a noticeable visual drop in graphics. (especially helpful on full servers when your screen gets really busy with action)
-this BFBC2 configurator with it you can tweak .ini settings, audio settings, and even allows for individual tweaking of the hidden mouse sensitivity and mouse acceleration settings, etc. Basically you can tweak all the settings that the game doesn't show you in the menus.

Heres a short preview gif i made of it as i run through the options:

yeah i use that configurator all the time since i discovered it.

Its honestly whats keeping me on the PC-BFBC2, as it allows my PC to run at 60+ fps almost all the time @ 1080p/noAA/16xAF with Triple Buffering Forced via D3DOverrider. Otherwise I'd have migrated to 360-BFBC2 just to get a decent solid framerate minus the lower player count and image quality... I'm allergic to screen tearing and addicted to high framerates :lol

I really hope it helps you out as much as it has for me, considering our similar rig spec, I'd say you'll be alright.

Ocho

Multiplayer Update 3 for Bad Company 2 -- PS3 tonight, other formats to follow

As the title suggests, there is an update for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 coming for the PS3 platform, and it contains multiple changes to the game. This update is also in preparation for our upcoming VIP Map Pack 7 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, which explains the size of it.

We are working hard on getting these fixes out for both PC and Xbox 360 as well, so in the coming days, look for updates on those platforms as well.

Sometime tomorrow the update will be deployed and will be downloadable for everyone starting up their PS3. PS3 players might encounter some temporary outages or suffer from lag during the server updates (between GMT 00:01 2010-11-24 and GMT 00:01 2010-11-25).

Here is a complete list of all the fixes in this update:
- Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
- Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
- Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
- Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
- Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
- Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
- Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
- Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
- Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
- Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
- Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
- Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
- Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
- Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
- Slightly increased the damage of the UH6

If you have any questions regarding the patch, feel free to contact me on my Twitter.

Peace!

// www.twitter.com/zh1nt0

Source: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...update-for-battlefield-bad-company-2-ps3.aspx

YEEESSSSSS!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, DICE posted a blog and Fersis isn't here copy-pastaing it? SHOCK AND HORROR.

Anyway, PC patch and it's questionable buffs coming to PS3 later today. Includes the data for Oasis and the other maps, so those may be on PSN tonight for VIP people to play. Maybe. DICE doesn't say.

suplex

It's kinda baffling that they wouldn't be able to get this out on PC at the same time as PS3, but oh well, hopefully it's out by Friday.

Effect

Has anyone had any issue or trouble buying the downloadable version from Amazon.com? It seems some are having issues where they aren't being sent the online code. Are they just selling the single player?

Nabs

Effect said:
Has anyone had any issue or trouble buying the downloadable version from Amazon.com? It seems some are having issues where they aren't being sent the online code. Are they just selling the single player?

Does it come with a CD Key? There's no VIP code for PC.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I suddenly feel like doing cartwheels...

OMG they gave us optics!!!!!!!!

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
OMG they gave us optics!!!!!!!!

Which you don't need, if you don't suck.
;)

Should've fixed the recoil on the M14. That thing sucks because of it. :|

I guess squeaky wheels get grease, given how they were "LOL NO" to optics on the all-class guns.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Which you don't need, if you don't suck.
;)

I guess squeaky wheels get grease, given how they were "LOL NO" to optics on the all-class guns.

Well the reason they gave for no optics on those weapons didn't make any sense... people pointed out that RDS and ACOG do not turn an M14 into a sniper rifle. Actually it is a sniper rifle, but you know what I'm saying...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
So, DICE posted a blog and Fersis isn't here copy-pastaing it? SHOCK AND HORROR.

Anyway, PC patch and it's questionable buffs coming to PS3 later today. Includes the data for Oasis and the other maps, so those may be on PSN tonight for VIP people to play. Maybe. DICE doesn't say.
-__-

Sorry i was playing.
Ive never used Optics.

Or ... maybe we have to wait until the servers get the new maps in their rotation list.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Well the reason they gave for no optics on those weapons didn't make any sense... people pointed out that RDS and ACOG do not turn an M14 into a sniper rifle. Actually it is a sniper rifle, but you know what I'm saying...

Yeah, but honestly: Do you need the optics? The iron sights on the M14 and G3 work fine. People bawwwing about it must suck at iron sights and aiming. :|

The M14's iron sights are great, I'd use it more if it's shitty recoil in close-combat didn't fuck you over in CQC. Otherwise I'm a G3 man (despite it getting nerfed because LOL MAGNUM AMMO), when needing C4 on a class.

Fersis said:

Oh come on, I figured DICE put out the "DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA FERSIS" signal or whatever for you as soon as they posted it. ;)

abuC

TheSeks said:

Wash your mouth out with soap, the M14 is my favorite gun to use!

I'll probably use the G3 with red-dot, and the trusty iron sight with the M14. Increased damage for shotguns :), looks like they're pumping up all the weapons I like.

Ocho

I agree with the iron sights debacle: Using red dot (etc) seems like a waste of spec to me, but I understand if some people have become used to them.

Personally, 50% less damage on crates makes me jump of joy. I'm sure this will balance matches big time.

TheSeks

abuC said:
Wash your mouth out with soap, the M14 is my favorite gun to use!

I'm not saying it's a bad gun, but the recoil on it makes a terrible gun in close-range. Even in medium range I felt like I was losing battles because the gun in ADS would jump up to where firing in quick succession didn't work. I got the gold star for it and never looked back.

I'll probably use the G3 with red-dot,

PART OF THE PROBLEM! WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP. :|

Effect

Nabs said:
Does it come with a CD Key? There's no VIP code for PC.

I believe it does. Just reread the description. That some were having trouble connecting worried me but it looks like things might be okay. It says you need an EA account and the serial key that comes with the game.

abuC

TheSeks said:
I'm not saying it's a bad gun, but the recoil on it makes a terrible gun in close-range. Even in medium range I felt like I was losing battles because the gun in ADS would jump up to where firing in quick succession didn't work. I got the gold star for it and never looked back.

There's a rhythm to shooting the gun, once you get it down you can put people down before they know what hit them. I love it really, close range, medium or long range I don't have a prob with it, usually a 2 shot kill.

PART OF THE PROBLEM! WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP. :|

I should have said "IF I use the G3" , Im not straying from my trusty M14, NeoStead2000, XM8+shotgun attachment :D

Evolved1

I like optics... and I don't suck with iron sights.

Depends on the weapon/situation.

I use smg's the most because I primarily play engineer, and I'm just so used to them now, but the M1 and M14 are my "favorite" weapons.

My opinion of the M14's iron sights... is that they are obstructive to my vision when firing more than one or two rounds. The recoil combined with the bouncing iron sights often obscures moving targets, especially mid range and beyond. I get used to anticipating where they're going and firing "blind", but RDS or ACOG solve the problem... and let me scan the distance at any time without obstructed vision (ACOG offers magnification).

This might not be worth giving up the extra grenade, or whatever perk you guys roll with, but it is to me.

I think it's kind of ridiculous to say people who use optics must suck with iron sights.

Frankly, 80% of the encounters are probably shooting from the hip. But I like having a clear sight line (and magnification) in those instances when I have time to pick my shots.

M14 kills in two shots... it's frigging better than most assault sniper rifle combinations. The thing is about to get a lot more popular.

Calion

I mostly use RDS compared to optics. It just feels slightly better.

I'm anxious to see how much the reduced damage to M-COMs will affect everyones play style, including myself. 50% is over doing it IMO.

Calion82v said:

I'm anxious to see how much the reduced damage to M-COMs will affect everyones play style, including myself. 50% is over doing it IMO.
all it means to me is i gotta GO HARDER!!!

Evolved1

Calion82v said:

I'm in the camp that wanted explosive damage removed completely...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
In which order are you guys going to try the maps ?
Mine :

1) Cold War : Looks like White Pass 2.0 =/
2) Oasis : The BC1 veterans love this map so im kind of hyped.
3) Harvest Day : Same as Oasis.
4) Heavy Metal : I save the best for last. Gonna be awesome !!

"man, how come the enemies aren't out here yet"

*UAV-c4 pops up.*

"sorry guys, it took a while to get 20 C4s on."

EVEN LONGER MATCHES~~~

Calion82v said:

Won't affect my play style and 50% is just fine.
I just won't have "UAV saved your ass by destroying the m-com" stories anymore.

Eternal Sleeper said:
"man, how come the enemies aren't out here yet"

*UAV-c4 pops up.*

"sorry guys, it took a while to get 20 C4s on."

EVEN LONGER MATCHES~~~
think about it this way... it now takes a minimum of FOUR people to one-shot a crate instead of two. FIVE with the UAV, since the UAV station operator can't drop C4 on it.

honestly, this all goes back to an issue i mentioned in the beta like a year ago, Assault shouldn't have C4!

but yeah, Arica Harbor first set? 10 minute tank snipe fest at B incoming. the skill gap will widen, this just makes it harder for the less organized teams of randoms to win and is only a minor inconvenience for an organized squad.

Calion

recklessmind said:
I'm in the camp that wanted explosive damage removed completely...

Then defenders would place C4 on their M-COMs, and nothing would be accomplished the entire match except for it turning into a TDM.

Eternal Sleeper said:
Won't affect my play style and 50% is just fine.
I just won't have "UAV saved your ass by destroying the m-com" stories anymore.

Well, you'll have less of those stories now. :lol

abuC

Most of the games we've lost have been a result of crate damage, not from people actually arming it. I suspect PS3 GAF will go on a ridiculous winning streak, it'll be like Michael Jordan without defenders being able to hand check, or Joe Montana with only 5 defensive players on the field. Gentlemen, we are going to eat very well.

Evolved1

The Faceless Master said:
who would want to play spawn/crate camping: the game?

To me that's what rush is. I'd also want FF on as default.

Calion82v said:
Then defenders would place C4 on their M-COMs, and nothing would be accomplished the entire match except for it turning into a TDM.

Again, if it was my preference, FF explosives damage would harm crates.

They can make any kind of rules they want to balance the game...

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
recklessmind said:
To me that's what rush is. I'd also want FF on as default.
Thats the one thing I never understood. They don't have friendly fire on vehicles, which I assume is to prevent griefing. However, on defense, griefers can blow their own crates, completely ruining the game.

TheSeks

abuC said:
Most of the games we've lost have been a result of crate damage, not from people actually arming it. I suspect PS3 GAF will go on a ridiculous winning streak, it'll be like Michael Jordan without defenders being able to hand check, or Joe Montana with only 5 defensive players on the field. Gentlemen, we are going to eat very well.

Sure, once you're back so you're crazy point generating ass and Faceless out-of-bounds antics means I don't have to "WTF" at the others. ;)

Spl1nter

Funny set of 3 rounds of conquest

Round 1: Panama Canal
- Doing well, team winning, in first by a lot. However end of a round some guy amazingly gets a shit ton of kills and steals first from me

Round 2: Laguna Presa
- 2 minutes into the round someones calls bullshit on him for his kills. He says they just upset hes owning them. I am supicious as the guy is in my squad and he did rack up a lot of kills fast. I start watching him and it becomes evident he is aimbotting. Tell the server, everyone rags on him and tell him to fuck off etc... He leaves at the end of the round

Round 3: Panama Canal
- The hacker is gone and we can enjoy playing again. I completely dominate and go 42/11, no vehicle usage. Next closest person had 15 kills. I get called an aimbotter :lol

Fun set of rounds, but hackers can go fuck themselves. I checked out the guys stats. Usually a hacker will be a lower level player. This guy was lvl 41, had ~170 hours played. He had only started hacking in the past week. I will never understand the mindset of a hacker.

Fersis

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
So it's just an update this week but no new VIP 7 maps?
The update (Tonight) includes the map pack assets.
Dunno when they will be available to play.

TheSeks

Yeah, I think I'm waiting until the client update.

Arica Harbor Rush "WE'RE AT FIFTY TICKETS?! JIHAD!"

Our team was disorganized and everyone was inside A while I was being shot all over the damn place trying to get them out of the base. Screw that, third set was similar so I quit. Because I know the fourth and fifth set was going to be similar.

Hate having to carry random people. :|

Fersis said:
The update (Tonight) includes the map pack assets.
Dunno when they will be available to play.
What I don't understand is why the hell they're releasing MP7 so close to Vietnam. I'm sure there will be people who decide to play the (free) MP7 stuff rather than pay for Vietnam.

If they'd released MP7 prior to the release of CODBLOPS they might have been able to keep some players from switching. Then they release Vietnam when the MP7 stuff is feeling played out and people would be eager to pay for new content. Does that not seem like the logical approach to take? I just don't see what DICE are hoping to achieve with their current approach.

Fersis

endlessflood said:
What I don't understand is why the hell they're releasing MP7 so close to Vietnam. I'm sure there will be people who decide to play the (free) MP7 stuff rather than pay for Vietnam.

If they'd released MP7 prior to the release of CODBLOPS they might have been able to keep some players from switching. Then they release Vietnam when the MP7 stuff is feeling played out and people would be eager to pay for new content. Does that not seem like the logical approach to take? I just don't see what DICE are hoping to achieve with their current approach.
Yeah i dont get it too. I do have some crazy theories :lol

EDIT: Please post when the patch goes online.

Battlefield Blog said:
PS3 players might encounter some temporary outages or suffer from lag during the server updates (between GMT 00:01 2010-11-24 and GMT 00:01 2010-11-25). Australian PS3 players will not notice any difference during this time as they permanently suffer from lag due to our decision not to host any servers in their hemisphere of Earth.
I fixed that for them.

TheSeks said:
Yeah, but honestly: Do you need the optics? The iron sights on the M14 and G3 work fine. People bawwwing about it must suck at iron sights and aiming. :|
Or they're playing in Australia. Optics are something I find very difficult to do without, for the reason outlined in bold above. Due to lag I can't win any 1-on-1 firefights, so my only hope is to engage people at distances where they have trouble hitting me, i.e. use the 4X scope. Or flank them obviously, which is easier said than done.

Seriously, nothing is more frustrating that getting shot around corners... except maybe those times when I know somebody is chasing me, I've already spotted them, and I crouch behind a corner and wait for them to run around it. Even when I go to full auto fire before they come around the corner, they still run straight into my stream of fire and then casually turn and kill me with one bullet. The extra shotgun damage at close quarters should help a little there; at the moment due to lag-affected hitboxes a point blank shotgun blast isn't a guaranteed kill for me (sometimes does as little as 45% damage even when I get a perfect centre of mass shot on a slow or stationary target) so hopefully this will help a bit.

I suspect Vietnam will be a total shitfight for me.

TheSeks said:
Yeah, I think I'm waiting until the client update.

Arica Harbor Rush "WE'RE AT FIFTY TICKETS?! JIHAD!"

Our team was disorganized and everyone was inside A while I was being shot all over the damn place trying to get them out of the base. Screw that, third set was similar so I quit. Because I know the fourth and fifth set was going to be similar.

Hate having to carry random people. :|

Yeah we lost every defending game today.
Arica defense was crap, with everyone anywhere near the base.
Laguna was okay, but we were badly out numbered.

I was especially raging on Laguna rush, where I was the only person defending our base on the 3rd set. (Granted, I should not have gotten mad, since rockscar and evolved were still alive in enemy spawn/old base.)

Did end up getting the Ace pin for that round though.:D
(take that C4-point-whores!)

Top Bottom