• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crakatak187 said:
As Faceless said long ago it took 10 C4 with the explosive spec and 12 without. There was hardly any point for the mass majority to use the spec before. Now with the nerf they might start because it saves them 1 trip to blow it up.

Meh. I always used it. 6 C4 = Half way. Hide somewhere near + reload to 6. Throw throw... near the crate BOOM splash damage = dead crate.

And just had an Arica Rush attacking game where the enemy team blows the hell out of the area near B. What do we do? *switches to AT4 engineer, starts blowing the crate, everyone else spawns engineer and snipes around me*

GG, DICE. Go back to the drawing board and remove explosive damage or stop giving points for objective harm if you want attackers to lose.

That said, we armed the crates on the last set so there is an somewhat even balance between the two now, so it's doing some good for now, but I'm not too sure how effective this bandaid will be.

One thing the patch is going to do is to make it hell for tank drivers. Since majority of the people will start using M14/G3, they will start to pack C4 as well when they are Assault. Also with the AT4 buff there is literally no safety.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crakatak187 said:
One thing the patch is going to do is to make it hell for tank drivers. Since majority of the people will start using M14/G3, they will start to pack C4 as well when they are Assault. Also with the AT4 buff there is literally no safety.

Honestly, that round I played, they didn't bother to attack the tank. It just means you cheese from afar with it now or play it smart and put it near choke points.

I will say that Arica Attack round was pretty intense, for once. But once I snuck around the tank near B and started to snipe, it was over. Everyone spawned around me and did the same thing. I guess they got the hint.

The AT4 damage was pretty good, near C4x2 Explosive+ damage, but that's with more rockets and explosive ++. I'd say the nerf is decent, but not exactly going to stop people if they mass. Just means Faceless or GAF assaults will have to give me more ammo boxes so I can continue to snipe, however.

Edit: They did have our tank on third set near the bridge. But we blew the crates by arming (IIRC) and I hassled the tank after it was taking potshots at me during that set on the bridge with a dead snipers pick up (as they were revived, losing my XM8. *siiiigh*) with a mortar strike. Someone got on the UAV and killed their tank. So yeah... round was more intense than usual, but I doubt it'll completely stop the cheese tactics.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
They fixed White Pass Rush !!!

A couple of MComs are outside buildings now

abuC

Crakatak187 said:

Time for me to bust out the armor or v. electronics, nobody is going to take my right to kill others with the tank.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Eternal Sleeper said:
Dice fixes more stuff

woah mind blown.
Yup i was damn surprised to see that defenders now have a chance!

Mr. Snrub said:
So the PS3 patch deployed...what do you guys think of the optics?

Also, vids of Heavy Metal and Harvest Day

Harvest Day looks fucking EPIC
Heavy Metal is exactly the map ive always wanted. :D
I dont use optics but i saw more M-14 users now.

Marvie_3 said:
That's awesome. Are the maps up yet?
Not yet =/

Crakatak187 said:
That's not what implying. I'm saying most people didn't used it. Most of the time I seen damages it's around the halfway point. Using the explosive spec it would at least be under 50% health.

As Faceless said long ago it took 10 C4 with the explosive spec and 12 without. There was hardly any point for the mass majority to use the spec before. Now with the nerf they might start because it saves them 1 trip to blow it up.
24/6=4
20/6=3 remainder 2

still 4 trips.

Mr. Snrub said:
So the PS3 patch deployed...what do you guys think of the optics?

Also, vids of Heavy Metal and Harvest Day

Harvest Day looks fucking EPIC

jaw

Fersis said:
They fixed White Pass Rush !!!

A couple of MComs are outside buildings now
man, if they fixed the screenshot function too, i won't even know what to say...

Thoughts/observation on the new patch so far (played on alt account):

-Everyone and their mother are using the G3/M14/shotguns/AN-94.
-AN-94 does feel nerfed. No more instant kill.
-Overpowered shotgun bs is even more bs now.
-Haven't seen much C4 attempts, but camping and rocket sniping certainly increased in the 3-4 games I played.
-CG spam is still equally annoying.

-M14 with scope is nice, but T88/SVU is still better if you can run recon.
-G3 with scope seems silly to me, as the recoil and slow ROF still makes it poor for long range.

-White Pass rush 2nd set A (the ground floor m-com) is moved outside, behind the building: Not really much of a change imo. Crate is now prone to rocket snipe from the right side and C4s from within the building.

-What pass rush 3rd set B is moved outside, behind the building:
Much better location, but enemies will now take advantage of camping in wreckage of A.
The fact that the m-com is right next to the building's wall also means that enemies can just C4 from within the building.

Eternal Sleeper said:

-Haven't seen much C4 attempts, but camping and rocket sniping certainly increased in the 3-4 games I played.

-G3 with scope seems silly to me, as the recoil and slow ROF still makes it poor for long range.

-White Pass rush 2nd set A (the ground floor m-com) is moved outside, behind the building: Not really much of a change imo. Crate is now prone to rocket snipe from the right side and C4s from within the building.

Much better location, but enemies will now take advantage of camping in wreckage of A.
The fact that the m-com is right next to the building's wall also means that enemies can just C4 from within the building.

These are some weird complaints/observations. There are always going to be alternative ways for teams to try to blow the MCOM, but not having them inside the buildings seems like it would be a HUGE improvement.

Eternal Sleeper said:

they should have put it in the well. also, sounds like defenders should blow out the back walls of those buildings.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mr. Snrub said:
These are some weird complaints/observations. There are always going to be alternative ways for teams to try to blow the MCOM, but not having them inside the buildings seems like it would be a HUGE improvement.

I guess defenders will just have to level that building... if it's where I'm picturing it, based on dream's impressions, then <2.0> that building will protect it from C4 through the wall, and shield it from rocket sniping? UAV C4 is a lot harder on the last WP crates... so that's something only a really good cheese team will be able to do.

Whatever though, really... I'm just glad it's outside.

EDIT: damn, PSN is always so slow for me... :/

Mr. Snrub said:

It is on 3B.

However, I just don't feel much of an improvement in terms of 2A. At least from my experience, 2A is rarely D2Oed even before the patch anyway (similar to Nelson bay 1A). It is however, much easier to rocket snipe that crate now since it's perfectly lined up with the side of the building. The C4 within the building thing is also just an extra nuisance (although QUITE minor) similar to the old Arica problem.

Of course, none of this should really be a problem for a group of GAFers, but I honestly don't think it's much better for your typical randoms.

UFRA

I'm getting the BC2 patch out of the way right now before I play GT5. Tonight I want to do a HDD Data Backup so I want all of my stuff to be current. (Can you tell I have OCD??)

I swear, if this update really does include BF Vietnam, that's so fucking shitty of DICE. I shouldn't have to be spending all this time downloading a mega 1.7GB patch just because they want to prepare everyone for Vietnam. I'm probably not even going to get it, so I'll have this space taken up for nothing. I just wanted the damn patch.

ARRRGHHH

RAGE RANT - I WANT TO PLAY GT5 DICE!!!

Evolved1

UFRA said:
I'm getting the BC2 patch out of the way right now before I play GT5. Tonight I want to do a HDD Data Backup so I want all of my stuff to be current. (Can you tell I have OCD??)

I swear, if this update really does include BF Vietnam, that's so fucking shitty of DICE. I shouldn't have to be spending all this time downloading a mega 1.7GB patch just because they want to prepare everyone for Vietnam. I'm probably not even going to get it, so I'll have this space taken up for nothing. I just wanted the damn patch.

ARRRGHHH

RAGE RANT - I WANT TO PLAY GT5 DICE!!!

Brother I've been DLing this shit for the last couple hours... it's going sooooo slooooowww. :/

Leaving now to pick up GT5, and I hear that has a long ass hour install.

Non-gaming gaming day. smh.

UFRA

recklessmind said:
Brother I've been DLing this shit for the last couple hours... it's going sooooo slooooowww. :/

Leaving now to pick up GT5, and I hear that has a long ass hour install.

Non-gaming gaming day. smh.

You poor guy, I am installing it right now, took 43min to download.

Fersis

MP7 and Vietnam up on the in game store... no release dates yet.

Pete Rock

Going to be all over the M14, hot shit... although I think I'm still ~100 kills away from platinum on the Garand and this will not help things... :lol

I'd be champing at the bit to load this up if mp 7 was included, unfortunate timing.

Wow...finally new patch....

*sees is not out for 360*

RAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEE!!

*sees they nerfed VADS while overpowering anti-tracer perk*

MORE RAAAAAGEEEEE!!

DICE the plan is to replace the useless standard anti-air cannon for the VADS, no nerf those.

At least put the tracer speed back to 300, I don't care if those K/D chopper whores whine!!.

EDIT: Watching that video. Uhm... you can throw C4!? omg...

I was like "WTF I have to try that!!"

Am I playing this game wrong? I'm playing rush tonight and I always seem to be the only person defending the bomb. Should I be running around trying to kill people too?

Evolved1

canadian crowe said:
Should I be running around with gaf too?

fixed

The Faceless Master said:
wait, what the fuck? have you guys never seen me throw C4? or AT Mines? or Ammo Boxes?

Nope. You know what's ridiculous though? I often throw my frags and sensors like that, to get more distance, but I've never tried it with C4/Mines/Ammo. :lol

AwesomeSyrup said:
How active is the 360 version now? I'm thinking about getting back into it but I don't wanna pay the money if it's gonna die in a few months.

Even with Halo and CoD:Blops is still pretty active, even BC1 has a considerable healthy userbase after 2 years, I wouldn't have any fear, and Vietnam and MP7 will make things better (even just slightly).

Nope. You know what's ridiculous though? I often throw my frags and sensors like that, to get more distance, but I've never tried it with C4/Mines/Ammo.

Same. :lol :lol

Evolved1

canadian crowe said:
Hahaha I know I'm waiting for game night. I'm not a mic player though. Is that bad?

I play with rockscar more than anyone, and he doesn't use a mic. Doesn't bother me... you get to know how people play.

Man UAV-C4 just seem extra pathetic now that the patch is out.

Saw a bush medic for the first time today.
Didn't even move after he killed me ->knifed.

Then he tried to camp next to a concrete block next to our base -> knifed.

can't believe the server crashed just now. that was a pretty great push on Arica Harbor. i love how we held the 2nd A just long enough for it to blow up before half their team finally got in. that was great!

so yeah, after playing a few more games, i think it was just the hardcore night owls last night that were C4ing like madmen. regular folk are gonna get owned hard on offense and do quite a bit better on defense. the tide has shifted.

suplex

The Faceless Master said:
wait, what the fuck? have you guys never seen me throw C4? or AT Mines? or Ammo Boxes?

One of my favorite things in the game is launching supplies and explosives long distance. Throwing mines or c4 over cover onto unsuspecting tanks is awesome.

I also wonder if people who are near me when I throw an ammo pack sky high are thinking "wtf how did he do that?" :lol

Fersis

Oh man they havent / couldn't fix the 'LOL you lose' message when you win.

Top Bottom