• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

i can't wait for the buckshot buff! shotguns are too unreliable up close where they're supposed to dominate.

oh man, just played a team that sat back and just 40MM GL'd the crates on Valparaiso... and then C4'd the final B with 4 tickets left. then of course, i go on the warpath and they quit.

i gotta admit though, they were hitting the 4th A from the UAV station at base 3, that as pretty fucking far. most of the other crates were also 40MM'd from pretty far away.

abuC

The Faceless Master said:
i can't wait for the buckshot buff! shotguns are too unreliable up close where they're supposed to dominate.

I can't wait either, I have about 2600 kills between the 870 and the Neo2000, I'll be using them both even more now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
oh man, just played a team that sat back and just 40MM GL'd the crates on Valparaiso... and then C4'd the final B with 4 tickets left. then of course, i go on the warpath and they quit.

i gotta admit though, they were hitting the 4th A from the UAV station at base 3, that as pretty fucking far. most of the other crates were also 40MM'd from pretty far away.

Oh man, that shit should be on youtube. That sounds hilariously infuriating.

*Scratch head* That came out of nowhere :lol

There will be tons of cheesing tonight then I guess. Tomorrow it will be drastically reduced or they will start packing extra explosive damage with their 6 C4. Making it a 3 round trip to blow up an M-COM.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Crakatak187 said:
*Scratch head* That came out of nowhere :lol

haha you must have missed that part of the conversation on the last page.

Ahh I see, I always hated obstructed view from Iron Sights and I personally hate how most game uses it now. Red Dot sight is useless since you can fire from the hip just as good. I wouldn't mind if all games go back to crosshair aiming.

TheSeks said:
Oh man, that shit should be on youtube. That sounds hilariously infuriating.
seriously, on the first set i was like "what the fuck are they hitting the crates with? where's the UAV? wait, that's not doing ver much damage, can't be the UAV!" then on the second set i was in the lighthouse and i see 2 dudes like 10ft in front of the guard tower at the old base sitting on ammo boxes lobbing 40MM GL shots up the hill at A. of course i kill them, but then i get counter sniped. this continued for pretty much the entire match, we'd get them to like 20 tickets or less, but by that time, they'd finally have chipped it all away. the best part was the rest of the team wasn't attacking, they were just sitting back about 20ft ahead and protecting them. i was actually more impressed than annoyed.

No_Style

Was wondering why there were folks playing BC2 on my friends list all of the sudden. Nice to see the patch coming

Edit: Good couple of games, Evolved!

UFRA

Wait...so the patch is TONIGHT?

The one that buffs my shotguns...and my AT4...and all sorts of other weapons I use that no one else does. :lol

Evolved1

No_Style said:
Was wondering why there were folks playing BC2 on my friends list all of the sudden. Nice to see the patch coming

Edit: Good couple of games, Evolved!

Yeah was fun... I quit about the same time you did.

TheSeks

i was actually more impressed than annoyed.

Got more patience than I do. I'd be flipping my shit and going around the base trying to kill them quickly at that point or sniping them.

Effect

I know I ask this already but is the PC community still very active even though Black Ops and Medal of Honor both recently launched? Then there is still Modern Warfare 2.

Thankfully I do have a mic and head setup on my PC that I used sometimes with MMOs. I take it team communication is important in matches or are there free for all modes?

TheSeks

Effect said:
Thankfully I do have a mic and head setup on my PC that I used sometimes with MMOs. I take it team communication is important in matches or are there free for all modes?

There's Squad Deathmatch, but honestly: Who outside Fersis plays that crap mode?

No one in this thread besides Splinter and Snrub are PC players. PM them as they haven't posted in here daily in a long while.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
JM I can hardly recognize your post without your iconic avatar :lol

Damnit, you're right. I just don't feel the same.

The BMW avatar was in spirit of GT5, but I'll have to get someone to rig a helmet on Gordon Ramsay instead.

Back to the cooking pro for me!

Evolved1

It's up... and it's pretty huge. Over a gig... too tired to download that tonight. PS3 has been on almost all day and I need to go to sleep.

I'll have to wait for tomorrow to try it out.

UFRA

Wow, so the patch is finally up on GT5 launch day.

Nice timing DICE. Sorry, but I won't be spending any time in your game today.

xclaw

1752MB..... gotta be the Vietnam assets along with map pack 7. I guess this is it for BC2 now? I'm happy and kinda sad all at the same time.

TheSeks

xclaw said:
1752MB..... gotta be the Vietnam assets along with map pack 7.

...They said in the blog post yesterday it was. :|

Guess I'll download the patch now. That said, they'll release the maps today (if they roll the patch out to 360/PC?) or sometime this month.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
...They said in the blog post yesterday it was. :|

Guess I'll download the patch now. That said, they'll release the maps today (if they roll the patch out to 360/PC?) or sometime this month.
Hell naw! I dont want to wait until EksBawks and PC Bots peasants get the patch to play the new maps ! :lol

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Hell naw! I dont want to wait until EksBawks and PC Bots peasants get the patch to play the new maps ! :lol

Well, they gotta be fair, and that's generally how the "VIP" stuff rolled out. Everyone got a client update and then a week or two later the VIP stuff unlocked.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Well, they gotta be fair, and that's generally how the "VIP" stuff rolled out. Everyone got a client update and then a week or two later the VIP stuff unlocked.
But i dont wanna be fair ! >8(

Offtopic: Im listening 'Im Afraid of Americans' right now

TheSeks

Fersis said:
But i dont wanna be fair ! >8(

*pat pat* Well, the world isn't fair. I didn't get Deconstruction in BC2, so now you know how I feel.

played a few games. oh boy. M14 with 4x. i predict it will be the new AN-94/M60. Arica CQ was so good. G3 with 4x was cool too, but i only used for one life since i platinumed it already and didn't really want to get more kills with it.

i dunno if it was just the Rush games i played, but damn, EVERYONE was C4ing. i mean, wow, holy shit, everyone on attack was rolling with C4 or AT Mines. crates were falling like dominoes.

TheSeks

i dunno if it was just the Rush games i played, but damn, EVERYONE was C4ing. i mean, wow, holy shit, everyone on attack was rolling with C4 or AT Mines. crates were falling like dominoes.

So... they haven't fixed the issues, then? Guess I'll stick with GT5 and SSF4/BBCS until DICE gets around to making good on their nerf promises (OR REPAIR THE GODDAMN CRATES TO 80% TO WHERE ARMING IS NEEDED FFFFFFF).

Fersis

Epic patch downloaded now ... i wait.

Yeah yeah Seks, we know youre coming back for the new maps!! :D

TheSeks said:
So... they haven't fixed the issues, then? Guess I'll stick with GT5 and SSF4/BBCS until DICE gets around to making good on their nerf promises (OR REPAIR THE GODDAMN CRATES TO 80% TO WHERE ARMING IS NEEDED FFFFFFF).
depends on what issue you want fixed. i still think the real issue is that Assaults have C4 *and* the Ammo Pack. we'll see how Vietnam Rush is as only the Recon has Dynamite...

i mean, maybe everyone was crate bashing because they wanted to confirm that it really took twice as much, but i gotta say, it was hilarious, especially seeing half a dozen other dudes dropping C4/AT on the final B on Nelson Bay. it was a holy shit moment for sure.

Crakatak187 said:
Those guys are just start going to slap on the Explosive spec damage increase and it'll almost be like the nerf never existed.
doesn't everyone already use explosive spec?

it's only like a 20% boost, still takes like 20 C4 instead of 10

Fersis

Hey Faceless !! WHERE ARE MY MAPS ???!!!

3 trips looks a lot better then 4 trips. I didn't think most people used the explosive spec. Most of the time I always see the M-COM being blown to exactly half health with 6 C4. There was little point to use it pre-patch since it still resulted in 2 trips.

Hopefully most people don't start using explosive spec that'll just negate what the important part of patch mostly.

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Hey Faceless !! WHERE ARE MY MAPS ???!!!

Why don't you tell us, oh Ambassador of Twitter?

Crack said:
3 trips looks a lot better then 4 trips. I didn't think most people used the explosive spec. Most of the time I always see the M-COM being blown to exactly half health with 6 C4. There was little point to use it pre-patch since it still resulted in 2 trips.

WAT.jpg

You do know those blowing it to half-way are the explosive ++ and C4 ++ people, right? RIGHT!?

I know personally it takes 12 C4 to blow it up pre-patch. I've watched my friend play on my PS3 doing it all the time because his team were always horrible (level 30).

Rawk Hawk

Good rounds yesterday, sorry I jumped to the other team Faceless (if you noticed JoachimMizrahi was in the room, couldn't join in your squad it seemed from the "Join Session" option) but ThisSplitLip is the other person from the GAF I normally play with and our side was full. Course once I got to the other team, you and your squad hijacked our chopper and mowed down what seemed like 30 tickets before someone decided to do something about it. :lol

I'll probably pop back on again after work tonight.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I know personally it takes 12 C4 to blow it up pre-patch. I've watched my friend play on my PS3 doing it all the time because his team were always horrible (level 30).

I'm more talking about the "no one used the explosive ups." You're crazy to think no one that was purposely going to harm the crates wasn't using that.

That's not what implying. I'm saying most people didn't used it. Most of the time I seen damages it's around the halfway point. Using the explosive spec it would at least be under 50% health.

As Faceless said long ago it took 10 C4 with the explosive spec and 12 without. There was hardly any point for the mass majority to use the spec before. Now with the nerf they might start because it saves them 1 trip to blow it up.

Top Bottom