• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Marvie_3 said:
I never seen anyone else on when I'm playing.

*cough*Get a PS3*cough* ;)

he list is just a "minimum". I can only be hopeful that other players will play helpful classes - that or they all play 12x sniper recon.

You'll be saying Medic is required when they start to flood in or break through your wall. White Pass is Medic/Assault/Recon required with strong teamwork. Engineer isn't useful on that map with the exception of trying to rocket snipe the UAV console.

yeah, in an ideal world, it would be 4 assaults on the outer perimeter taking people out before they get close, 3 recons sitting on ammo boxes spamming motion sensors and popping heads of people in the construction building, 4 medics spread in the base covering the area, killing anything that moves, and 1 engineer who just has to carl the shielded mg and UAV console.

Finished single player, it was enjoyable (played it on hard) but very linear even when they gave you a huge area to cover.

I keep seeing people who kill me as support or assault most of the time are using magnum ammo, I take it this raises bullet power? since I die rather fast by it. Love all the maps so far, game is superb online even when there is some noticeable lag it plays well, wish the knife animation was faster as I died way too often trying to rambo someone to have my knife miss.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Eternal Sleeper said:
EDIT IN: Demolish the roof next to m-come A so enemies can't climb up.

So that's what you asked me to do... :lol

I didn't hear you clearly either time. I'm like wtf... what roof is he talking about.

Sorry, I'm retarded.

TheSeks said:
Engineer isn't useful on that map...

:(

SA-X

So today after getting my ass kicked repeatedly by some guy deploying this kit, I decided to roll with the T88 and the red dot sight. Oh mah gawd. Finally a close range rifle that is actually useful, and with motion mines you're a fucking beast!

Went on to score over twice as much as anyone on the other team. Granted I was C4 whoring as well, but nonetheless. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
I never seen anyone else on when I'm playing.
i always see Relaxed Muscle on, and usually see eight quid in the evenings. as for other people, i see some people playing at random. i belieeve diablohead was in a game earlier with Relaxed Muscle and me, along with my friend and his D(octo)r clan peeps.

SA-X said:
So today after getting my ass kicked repeatedly by some guy deploying this kit, I decided to roll with the T88 and the red dot sight. Oh mah gawd. Finally a close range rifle that is actually useful, and with motion mines you're a fucking beast!

Went on to score over twice as much as anyone on the other team. Granted I was C4 whoring as well, but nonetheless. :lol
VSS with red dot > *
has like the highest DPS in the game.

i don't usually roll with optics as a recon though, if i'm gonna play up close & personal, i use shotguns.

SA-X

The Faceless Master said:
VSS with red dot > *
has like the highest DPS in the game.

i don't usually roll with optics as a recon though, if i'm gonna play up close & personal, i use shotguns.
I was gonna say 'but the vss sounds like some pussy peashooter halo gun', but then you posted a song that sounds even worse. :p

i always see Relaxed Muscle on, and usually see eight quid in the evenings. as for other people, i see some people playing at random. i belieeve diablohead was in a game earlier with Relaxed Muscle and me, along with my friend and his D(octo)r clan peeps.
Yeah I jumped in using the gaf list, round only lasted about 5 minutes :lol

360 GAF needs to roll deep. 3-4 deep is a good start, but we need to roll real deep! like 8 deep with party chat and mics!

indeed, i always pick recon and spam motion sensors and blow up the wood plank on the right and the first few panels of roof so they can't use the ramps or right ladder. then i try and get to the construction building and blow up the walls parallel to the base on the 1st and 2nd floor and the 2 sets of perfect ducking height wood on the 3rd floor and roof. that helps make it easier to take out people trying to crate snipe from there. then if i get more C4 i'll blow up the wall between the road and the building. after that, if i die, i'll switch to mortars so i can take out the armored heavy mg.

I need to recover my mic, but my english is awful since I'm not a native speaker, but still I could hear you and receive intructions... or something :lol

Diablohead said:
Yeah I jumped in using the gaf list, round only lasted about 5 minutes

Oh you were there? nice, the more the better.

Playing with randoms is getting more and more frustrating since it seems that more and more organized people is playing or rather the people that are left playing this game is the one more organized. My last match today was a nightmare, so it was on Port Valdez, we were getting tank sniper in our ass since first m-com set and not until the last fucking set that the fucking tank from the fucking first base wasn't destroyed...I swear that It seemed that I was the only guy trying to get rid of the fucking tank.

Even so I did pretty ok giving the situation, I did like 2k points (the best of my team) but the other team except one, did 2k+ points....

Well at least I got 3 tags,one being gold,and the 200 hundred people knifed medal......yeaaaaaahh

Marvie_3

Banned
Played a round with faceless a bit ago. It was basically 10 vs. 2. :lol

Sorry I couldn't stick around longer. Had a few errands to run.

Relaxed Muscle said:
I need to recover my mic, but my english is awful since I'm not a native speaker, but still I could hear you and receive intructions... or something :lol
hey now, the best way to get better is doing it. that goes for playing battlefield and also for talking! every time someone says "my english isn't that good" it's usually more than good enough, especially considering the "vocabulary" of the typical english speaker on XBL/PSN.

Oh you were there? nice, the more the better.

Playing with randoms is getting more and more frustrating since it seems that more and more organized people is playing or rather the people that are left playing this game is the one more organized. My last match today was a nightmare, so it was on Port Valdez, we were getting tank sniper in our ass since first m-com set and not until the last fucking set that the fucking tank from the fucking first base wasn't destroyed...I swear that It seemed that I was the only guy trying to get rid of the fucking tank.

Even so I did pretty ok giving the situation, I did like 2k points (the best of my team) but the other team except one, did 2k+ points....

Well at least I got 3 tags,one being gold,and the 200 hundred people knifed medal......yeaaaaaahh
i dunno about that... things have generally been easier the past week or so. my K/D started creeping up again after being settled for a while and my W/L too.

Marvie_3 said:
Played a round with faceless a bit ago. It was basically 10 vs. 2. :lol

Sorry I couldn't stick around longer. Had a few errands to run.
hey, the teams were pretty even until they got spawn trapped on the US base in Arica CQ!

TheSeks

Wow, having the construction site flicker and hover to the north of RU Arica Conquest's spawn, to the north and right of B that direction. Random revives and not seeing the person. Either my PS3 is fucking up, my disc is fucked up, or DICE's servers are lagging like hell today. :|

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What are the chances of MP7 being released this week ??

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
Wow, having the construction site flicker and hover to the north of RU Arica Conquest's spawn, to the north and right of B that direction. Random revives and not seeing the person. Either my PS3 is fucking up, my disc is fucked up, or DICE's servers are lagging like hell today. :|

I've been dropped a bunch of times today... like just now.

Fersis said:

I hope they are... kinda bored of the current rotation. And I want to see how they handled the coms and <2.0>. Like, did they listen to the community at all after the White Pass Rush failure.

damn, PS3GAF rolled so hard the other team quit and then the server crashed. i thought Valparaiso was a jungle map :lol :lol :lol
Fersis said:
you tell us, you're the official GAF-DICE twitter liason!

recklessmind said:
I hope they are... kinda bored of the current rotation. And I want to see how they handled the coms and <2.0>. Like, did they listen to the community at all after the White Pass Rush failure.
if they really listened to the community, they'd fix White Pass rush. DICE, we'll give you a do-over!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
damn, PS3GAF rolled so hard the other team quit and then the server crashed. i thought Valparaiso was a jungle map :lol :lol :lol

you tell us, you're the official GAF-DICE twitter liason!
:lol

Even if i knew i wouldnt be allowed to say it.

TheSeks

5 Kills
14 deaths (one of them being Faceless blowing me up/suicide)

SMH.

That round sucked. :/ All the "RaW" team would do is try to steal the tank and then we had to take them out. Then they stuck around the construction site of Last Push to have to rocket snipe it. Ugh.

And I got shot through a train car where I only see the gun clipping through. Yeah, I'm done with BC2 for tonight. Screw that shit.

Faceless said:
damn, PS3GAF rolled so hard the other team quit and then the server crashed. i thought Valparaiso was a jungle map

What's hilarious about that one is that their helicopter pilot landed on me (thought he was passing by and didn't know he was landing) roadkilling me (for the achievement, I guess) right when the server crashed.

He probably got the achievement, but not that stat update. :lol

TheSeks said:
5 Kills
14 deaths (one of them being Faceless blowing me up/suicide)

SMH.

That round sucked. :/ All the "RaW" team would do is try to steal the tank and then we had to take them out. Then they stuck around the construction site of Last Push to have to rocket snipe it. Ugh.

And I got shot through a train car where I only see the gun clipping through. Yeah, I'm done with BC2 for tonight. Screw that shit.
sorry about that suicide, i get trigger happy sometimes...

isn't RaW one of those atacama chopper clans?

TheSeks

Missed my edit. :(

Yeah. There were three _RaW's. One of them was using the clan tag. [RaW]H3rn3s3 or something like that, BROOKLYN_RaW and some other RaW I'm forgetting the name of. Their defense was going into our base to take the tank. I'm starting to think that's their only gimmick, but they shot me all over the damn place (Magnum Ammo, SMH) when I was trying to get into places and got into fire fights with them (non-MA, SMH DICE for this and the armor perk).

abuC

Yeah, they asked me to join a while back.

A lot of them just play conquest and attacama desert over and over again to get gaudy stats, check "Liveween" stats, they are a joke. He's played like 1500 games as an attacker, and 250 as a defender, has 27,000 kills and 16,000 of them are from the chopper.

MOTHER FUCKER.

-One day long ago, i ran into an Atacama desert Conquest server
-It was being railed by some guys in a chopper
-I spawn and were being spawned camped by it while they have zero flags
-The circle strafer's co-pilot jumps and steals our chopper.
-we get base raped by 2 choppers till game time out
-FUCK THAT CLAN MAY THEY SUCK MILES OF DICKS

Cuban Legend said:
MOTHER FUCKER.

so don't spawn at the base?

so don't spawn at the base?
? whats the difference if my entire squad/team is in the base also getting circle strafed by two choppers while the rest of the team is pelting our base with vehicle ground fire?

Ok, let me rephrase: if they had zero flags and we were being spawn camped, i think its safe to assume that my team also had no flags otherwise we wouldn't spawn there.

my point is that these guys were literally padding on us for kills and wouldn't grab any flags just to prolong it all

Faceless' dog tags are now the pièce de résistance of my collection and I only had to wait till he got on a UAV, go behind enemy lines, knife him w/ one second left until I suicided, and get knifed twice by him in retaliation.

Marvie_3

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
MOTHER FUCKER.

I hate the choppers too. Can really be some bullshit at times.

canadian crowe said:
I'm sure this has been covered before, but it it worth switching from Black Ops to this? Is the community still thriving? I'm on PS3 btw.

Don't have black ops so I can't decide on its "worth".
However, the bfbc2 community is still quite healthy.
Except for extremely odd weekday hours, you'll have no problem finding a decent sized to full game.

You'll also have no problem finding people to play with on the PS3, as that seems to be the most populated console among the regular bfbc2 players. Although things will be a bit quiet until the new map pack + expansion releases - or whenever the freshness of black ops/GT5/AssCreedBroHood dies down.

bean breath said:
Faceless' dog tags are now the pièce de résistance of my collection and I only had to wait till he got on a UAV, go behind enemy lines, knife him w/ one second left until I suicided, and get knifed twice by him in retaliation.

eww, you're a "run-all-the-way-back-to-knife-the-UAV-pilot" person.

Cuban Legend said:
? whats the difference if my entire squad/team is in the base also getting circle strafed by two choppers while the rest of the team is pelting our base with vehicle ground fire?

Ok, let me rephrase: if they had zero flags and we were being spawn camped, i think its safe to assume that my team also had no flags otherwise we wouldn't spawn there.

my point is that these guys were literally padding on us for kills and wouldn't grab any flags just to prolong it all
oh... nobody had bases... now it makes more sense... i think.

bean breath said:
:lol :lol :lol

Eternal Sleeper said:
eww, you're a "run-all-the-way-back-to-knife-the-UAV-pilot" person.
well, it was white pass, not exactly a long way to go.

Fersis

Zh1nt0 said:
No release date for Vietnam or Map Pack 7 yet. Still waiting for word.

My guess : MP7 was already sent to MS and SONY's Certification.

Arnie

I'll rebuy this game when MP7 hits, I maintain that BC2 was multiplayer game of the year for me but I just got tired of the maps, and EA's unlocking of on the disk content under the disguise of actual DLC.

I'll keep reading the thread and when I do return I'll gladly join some GAF party chat session. Can't wait to play Oasis again.

TheSeks

canadian crowe said:
I'm sure this has been covered before, but it it worth switching from Black Ops to this? Is the community still thriving? I'm on PS3 btw.

Dog shit is better than black ops. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN CALL OF DUTY AFTER 4. So, YES. It's safe to assume Bad Company 2 is superior in every way.

Arnie

canadian crowe said:
It's tough to say. It depends what type of game you want as the gameplay of the two does differ pretty massively. If you want a slower, more thoughtful game then yes it's definitely worth it, but BC2 isn't just COD with vehicles, and I've seen my friends get turned off towards the game when they thought that wasn't going to be the case.

In my opinion, yes BC2 is leaps and bounds over BO, and you should make the swap.

Oh and the community is thriving on PS3, never hard finding a game.

vixlar

Oh, man. This last days had been a hell to me. I just won like 10% of my games, hahaha.

But, really, sometimes my team.. aaaah, my team!!!! Why I do always get the bad team? The medics stand there when you are killed. No enemies in sight, but don't do anything to revive. The Coms activated... good thanks. I'm blowing Comms with my CG from far away and a f-in sniper blocks my sight because that's "his" place.

It remembers me the days when the demo launched.

Aaaah, but the enemy team. Well organized. They come in well assembled groups. And have a good sniper to back up. And they know how to place good C4.

Ok, therapy hour is over...

Rawk Hawk

Just to serve as a warning, I added the GAF BFBC2 gamer tag to my friends list from work today and I'll be playing probably around 5 pm est when I get out. So if I join you and lose the game for the team, you have been warned. :lol

somnific

360 GAF needs to roll deep. 3-4 deep is a good start, but we need to roll real deep! like 8 deep with party chat and mics!

i'm down for this. would love to get with a group on the regular.

Arnie said:
It's tough to say. It depends what type of game you want as the gameplay of the two does differ pretty massively. If you want a slower, more thoughtful game then yes it's definitely worth it, but BC2 isn't just COD with vehicles, and I've seen my friends get turned off towards the game when they thought that wasn't going to be the case.

In my opinion, yes BC2 is leaps and bounds over BO, and you should make the swap.

Oh and the community is thriving on PS3, never hard finding a game.

Thanks. I should say that I had BC2 when it came out in March, but didn't get much of a chance to play it. I think I've had my fill of COD though. I loved Modern Warfare and my good will towards that game has kept me buying them every year. I'm just sick of getting knifed across the map or getting shot from around corners.

Rawk Hawk

somnific said:
i'm down for this. would love to get with a group on the regular.

Me and a fellow GAF member play often, he doesn't post much, but we'd be down to add more people to the group. Although how would you get 2 squads matched up together?

Rawk Hawk said:
Me and a fellow GAF member play often, he doesn't post much, but we'd be down to add more people to the group. Although how would you get 2 squads matched up together?
it happens often enough on PS3... people either join the game everyone else is playing or ask to get an invite sent when a slot is open.

or even sit on the other team waiting for a chance to switch sides.

Rawk Hawk

it happens often enough on PS3... people either join the game everyone else is playing or ask to get an invite sent when a slot is open.

or even sit on the other team waiting for a chance to switch sides.

Gotcha, I didn't think you could join their game if the squad was full, so even if they had roster spots on the team, if they were 4/4 in the squad you couldn't join them. Course I only play with 1 other person usually so I'm not too familiar with large groups. But that would be really nice to have more communication.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
canadian crowe said:
Thanks. I should say that I had BC2 when it came out in March, but didn't get much of a chance to play it. I think I've had my fill of COD though. I loved Modern Warfare and my good will towards that game has kept me buying them every year. I'm just sick of getting knifed across the map or getting shot from around corners.
You will love BC2 then. Sometimes people won't even be able to knife you in the back while you sit stationary in front of them.

blurrygil

Are there any gaffers out there still playing on 360?

I have been since launch, tried BO, traded it for AC:BH and still get my kicks on BC2 for FPS.

Rawk Hawk said:
Gotcha, I didn't think you could join their game if the squad was full, so even if they had roster spots on the team, if they were 4/4 in the squad you couldn't join them. Course I only play with 1 other person usually so I'm not too familiar with large groups. But that would be really nice to have more communication.
yeah as long as there's space in the game, you can join. and if you're on a different team and a space opens, an invite or the join player menu will switch sides. if you're dead, you just switch, and if you're alive, you'll just auto suicide and switch sides.

poppabk said:
You will love BC2 then. Sometimes people won't even be able to knife you in the back while you sit stationary in front of them.
oh man, i know countless times i've been saved by a knife fail.

djgil said:

I have been since launch, tried BO, traded it for AC:BH and still get my kicks on BC2 for FPS.
if you haven't already, add GAF BFBC2 to your friends list and get ready to jump in. you can view the friends list of that gamertag and see if someone's playing, then go to their gamertag and if it isn't already showing, go to compare games then go back and "join session" should appear. may take 2-3 tries sometimes to get the join session to show.

TheSeks

WHY ARE YOU POSTING HERE WHEN YOU COULD BE PLAYING WITH ME AND FERSIS AND HELPING ME STOP TANK SPAM AND MASS INFANTRY RUSH (kekekekekekeke), FACELESS!? :mad:

Fersis spawns on me and rushes on down the other side of the map of Last Set Atacama and I'm like "WTF, COME BACK! EVERYONE COME BACK! WE NEED PEOPLE IN THE TANKS NEAR THE OBJ--"

(BEEP BEEP BEEP!) OBJECTIVE B HAS BEEN ARMED!

"FFFFFF"

TheSeks <VADS> AttackingArmer
TheSeks <RPG-7> AttackingDefender

OBJECTIVE B HAS BEEN DISARMED!

(tanks finally make it in)

OBJECTIVE A HAS BEEN ARMED!
OBJECTIVE B HAS BEEN ARMED!

"FFFFFFFFF" *quit in disgust*

I hate playing with randoms. I hate playing with randoms. I hate playing with randoms.

djgil said:

All you 360 players should just get the PS3 version. It's where the parties at. ;)

Fersis

Dude i totally beasted the next set on Atacama, i destroyed at least 3 M Coms a full chopper and some tanks.

SO AWESOME!
Cant wait for the friggin' new maps!

TheSeks

:lol :lol :lol oh, Killzone 3...

*stay nears the objectives*
Their team has to bomb our base.

*exo/mech jumps down*

"OH FUCK"

*dudes EXITS THE EXO*
*guns him down, throws out sentry bot for defense. Take mech*

End of round:

Most kills
Most deaths
Most defenses
Most captures
Most bombs planted
Most bombs defused
Most spawns planted

Lesson learned: People need to play more Battlefield and go down with the ship instead of giving their ship to the enemy team to abuse and use.

How do I get into some GAF games on PS3?

The 360 friend request method doesn't work (unless I'm inputting it wrong). I assumed it would be the same method on PS#.

My PSN is Canadian Crowe.

canadian crowe said:
How do I get into some GAF games on PS3?

The 360 friend request method doesn't work (unless I'm inputting it wrong). I assumed it would be the same method on PS#.

My PSN is Canadian Crowe.
We usually just add one another. Once you get into a game with a whole bunch of Gaffers (every 1-2 weeks it happens, usually it's 3-6 players playing), you can then add people through the "players met" option on your friend list.

I won't be on for a week, so add me if you want:
ps3_dreamgazer.png

Top Bottom