• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

UFRA

I think that with Black Ops out now, it's like impossible for us to find a batch of people to lose against...

We don't battle anymore. We just slaughter.

Crakatak187 said:
Yeah those guys weren't even Chopper C4ing correctly at all. As long as it's entertaining it's fine with me.

The lack of challenge is somewhat boring though.
Sometimes I feel like even bots can do better than some of these human players.:lol

Although I'm sure once the new maps are out, some of the morons are going to come back and ruin stuff again.

abuC

UFRA said:
I think that with Black Ops out now, it's like impossible for us to find a batch of people to lose against...

We don't battle anymore. We just slaughter.

I think this is a special case though, cause even if great players were on it would be kind of hard to overcome what we had going tonight. There were 9-11 GAF on the same team, not many of us were snipping and everyone is just really aggressive, I don't remember playing with that many GAFers on the same team before.

In my time with the GAF army, it seems like it would be 4-6 of us, and we would have to offset the crappiness of our random teammates.

TheSeks said:
Faceless got on and off today, so no one else is playing. :/

*goes to SSF4*
nobody was on when i checked, but people were playing on 360!

Coldsnap said:
Anyone on 360 want to play tonight? I'm looking at Xbox 360 GAF tag and see some people on.
when you see people on, you can join the games if you go to their name and then to compare games. wait for it to load up and then go back to their gamertag menu. the 'join session' shows up then.

abuC said:
I think this is a special case though, cause even if great players were on it would be kind of hard to overcome what we had going tonight. There were 9-11 GAF on the same team, not many of us were snipping and everyone is just really aggressive, I don't remember playing with that many GAFers on the same team before.

In my time with the GAF army, it seems like it would be 4-6 of us, and we would have to offset the crappiness of our teammates.

Well that's usual with full-GAF games
However, the opposition really is doing poorly lately.
Like honestly, no sniper can get at JM on the stationary AT for over half of the game?
:lol

EDIT:
Unless the new maps come out next week, I'm going to revert back to hardcore studying mode. Also got tempted to give mw2 another try....thanks to JM and the supposedly less hacking/glitching mw2 community.

abuC

Eternal Sleeper said:
Well that's usual with full-GAF games
However, the opposition really is doing poorly lately.
Like honestly, no sniper can get at JM on the stationary AT for over half of the game?
:lol

EDIT:
Unless the new maps come out next week, I'm going to revert back to hardcore studying mode. Also got tempted to give mw2 another try....thanks to JM and the supposedly less hacking/glitching mw2 community.

I've seen JM stay on the AT on Port Valdez for a whole game a few times before tonight, pre-Blackops too :D

I wont be playing again till the new maps come out, hopefully next week.

I agree with Abuc. Our team definitely had better teamwork since there was much more of us. We also know what each other's standard strategy a bit. Teamwork without much communication to a degree.

abuC said:
I think this is a special case though, cause even if great players were on it would be kind of hard to overcome what we had going tonight.

I only played a game or three with you guys, but from what I saw, yeah, t'was pretty ridiculous. Was on the opposing team for that Isla match ... totally rage quit, lol. Then on Arica a bit later, both offense and defense, talk about a steamroll. Holy shit.

Thing about playing with that many Gaffers, it's almost like an extended squad; like where normally as Engy, eg, I might leave a faltering tank alone ("their squad's got it"), when I see it's a Gaffer driving, it becomes something of an obligation to repair it, so on and so forth.

Extended comradery ftw.

Crakatak187 said:
I agree with Abuc. Our team definitely had better teamwork since there was much more of us. We also know what each other's standard strategy a bit. Teamwork without much communication to a degree.

Standard Strategies?

AbuC = Magical kills/scores generating machine dispenser.
Faceless = Cheese/stealth/Out-of-zone-sneaking Master, vehicle stealer.
Sekoku = Faceless' accomplice in crime, anti-magnum, team-centric medic.
Crack = Building destroyer, AN-lover, vehicle stealer, JM's partner, passive-aggressive cheeser.
JM = Invincible station AT of Death (apparently), ATV rider, forced designated chopper pilot, vehicle stealer.
Dream = VSS, UAV whore, tank-mine/motion sensor spammer, rambo medic, guy who won't shut up over mic.
Olimpia = Conquest lover, engineer lover.

Did I get it right?

(sorry if I didn't include someone.)

it's all the little things... like Atacama defense, someone will get an enemy quad/cobra and bring it near me or JM because they know we're counting down the 90 (65) seconds until the HIND respawns.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eternal Sleeper said:
Standard Strategies?

Sek = Faceless' accomplice in crime, anti-magnum, team-centric medic.

Did I get it right?

(sorry if I didn't include someone.)

I'm anti-Magnum on Engineer and Medic, the... you know... TEAM SUPPORT classes. That said, I haven't used the spotting scope since learning DICE has a spot range on it instead of of me calling out a position with a 12x/spotting combo, so why use anything else? Assault practically begs for the Magnum Ammo as while the accuracy buff is nice, Magnum kills quicker.

Doesn't mean I don't hate it, meanwhile.

But you have it mostly right... I haven't played Medic in a good long while, however. Too many Magnum Ammo users to where getting mown down while generating points/keeping people alive frustrates me to no end.

My style is generally "fill whatever role the squad/team needs." No medics? (switch to medic) Tank coming in and no one is around to fire on it? (RPG-Engineer) Playing in public/no one throwing out ammo? (Assault) Being a dick today or needing to mortar <D 2.0> a building from afar? (Sniper Dick)

Faceless said:
nobody was on when i checked, but people were playing on 360!

I got on Trash Panic/Gomibako like... 30 mins before you signed in. If you stuck around and made a game, as soon as I lost my round (possible, given how damn unfair Trash Panic's trash build-up is), I'd of joined in progress.

I generally won't play unless JM or you are playing. *shrug* The others I can play with, but it's a bit frustrating and "what the hell is (name)/Seks doing!?" among us. :lol

You guys really should play earlier. You guys generally start around 10PM EST here and I'm not playing that long so late. :/

Nice, my copy of the ultimate edition came today, was expecting to wait past the weekend for it :D

Will have to get use to the game again after all these months but I look forward to bro'ing up with some of you online.

Calion

Yeah, towards the beginning of our games, my team started quitting pretty fast thanks to GAF. :lol

Great games all around.

hey now, i only use magnum when i'm playing recon with a sniper rifle and assault with the 40MM shotgun or pro tube attachments! my engineer and medic are 100% anti-Magnum!

360 GAF needs to post in the thread more. and use the friend of friends list.

Coming of the back of black ops the shooting in this game feels so clean and solid, so much better, game looks great too despite lack of msaa (on the 360) the single player feels better too, I like it a lot.

What should I know about this magnum stuff, is it ammo for online matches? you guys make it sound OP.

UFRA

:lol :lol

Nice list Dreamgazer. Looks right to me.

Yeah, for some reason I do seem to have some sort of magical powers when it comes to the stationary AT's. Doesn't matter what map really, I seem to survive on those pretty well usually.

Like abuC said, that one in the very first set of crates on Port Valdez, up in the construction site - I've sat there for entire matches before too and never got killed. Even though I was taking out tanks left and right. :lol

owlbeak

I am still playing this on 360 but have a tough time finding anyone else. Look me up on XBL, I'll be playing today/tonight. Gamertag is Horsebite.

Coldsnap

The Faceless Master said:
when you see people on, you can join the games if you go to their name and then to compare games. wait for it to load up and then go back to their gamertag menu. the 'join session' shows up then.

Ah cool, I'm gonna start dropping into peoples matches then.

Horsebite said:
I am still playing this on 360 but have a tough time finding anyone else. Look me up on XBL, I'll be playing today/tonight. Gamertag is Horsebite.

Ad the Gaf tag to your friends list

Thanks faceless.

Had a few online matches an hour ago and I am completely new to the maps outside of the snow beta map, damn I had a beautiful camp spot as an engineer, more or less spawn killing them, running to a new location, repeat. When I ran low on ammo I grabbed a dropped sniper kit and resumed :lol It felt good but in the end we lost.. only just.

Love this game, wish I bought it sooner :(

Spl1nter

Had a great set of 4 conquest rounds on Panama, Laguna Alta, Atacama and Arica. Came first every single game. Highlighted by an amazing start on Alta going 19-0 till dieing for the first time because I ran out of sniper rifle rounds/motion sensors. No, I wasnt sitting back and sniping either, I was taking bases and holding them. To put it in perspective when I died the next highest number of kills was 8. Just amazing how the headshots were just lining up. Ive been using the m24/12x and switched to the GOL/6x scope, just felt great, although long range sniping is impossible but Im never at long range anyway.

owlbeak

FINALLY.

I FINALLY got the fucking Distinguished Combat Excellence insignia for getting 50 Combat Excellence Pins. I've had 49 for over a month now and I would always get to a 7 kill streak and then die. Just tore it up with a great squad in a Rush match and managed that insignia + a multitude of other awards and a 58-19 K/D for the round and ended up with 48,600 points at the end of the round. :D

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I just had a couple monster rounds 45 - 11, 37 - 6, 29 - 7... then dream joined and we were on White Pass defense and lost with 6 tickets left on the last crate. They rocket sniped it.

Didn't do too good that round (especially on the first set) but I thought we' get it... game actually froze as the loss screen was popping up. Hope that didn't wipe my stats from the previous rounds.

White Pass is such a hard map for me to play with a random team, because I don't know what to do. I mean, you try and pick a spot to defend, and even if you hold it down (I had the left side on lock down) all you hear is people getting through wherever you aren't. Just annoying, because it's difficult to put up any kind of defense when you can't count on your teammates to hold their own.

Ah well... was still pretty fun. Even though white pass rush is retaaaaaarded.

Horsebite said:
FINALLY.

I FINALLY got the fucking Distinguished Combat Excellence insignia for getting 50 Combat Excellence Pins. I've had 49 for over a month now and I would always get to a 7 kill streak and then die. Just tore it up with a great squad in a Rush match and managed that insignia + a multitude of other awards and a 58-19 K/D for the round and ended up with 48,600 points at the end of the round. :D
Nice

It's a good thing I don't even try to get emblems. It would make the game more tedious for me.

owlbeak

Crakatak187 said:
Nice

It's a good thing I don't even try to get emblems. It would make the game more tedious for me.
Yeah, I never try to just get emblems because it's a huge pain in the ass. Plus I refuse to get 500 shotgun kills. :lol

TheSeks

Faceless: PS3 froze, but that "Sleepy1brown3" dude was pissing me off, we kept running into each other and trading 2:1 his:my kills at each other. :|

Yeah, BC1 this weekend seems a bit dead. I'm thinking it's Black Ops + Thanksgiving + GT5 on the horizon. Weird.

Oh well, 100 or so more kills toward 10K, thanks for offering to play it. BC1 is a nice change of pace from playing BC2 monthly.

Yeah, I never try to just get emblems because it's a huge pain in the ass. Plus I refuse to get 500 shotgun kills.

Shotgun kills are amazingly easy. 12 Gauge Slugs + Magnum Ammo. For fun, switch shotguns once you reach the Gold Star for them. You'll have 100-150 per gun and have them all Gold Starred + 500 kills.

the only medals i actively really tried to get were the SPECACT medals. the others just fell into place from playing the game.

yeah seks, BC1 is still fun. even with the occasional random TK dude.

I think I'll be gone for a while. I'm going to catch up with my old single player games. Gran Turismo 5 is making me feel like not playing online games at the moment. I know it doesn't make sense :lol

TheSeks

yeah seks, BC1 is still fun. even with the occasional random TK dude.

Hey! I took out those dudes, no complaining! ;)

Calion

recklessmind said:
White Pass is such a hard map for me to play with a random team, because I don't know what to do. I mean, you try and pick a spot to defend, and even if you hold it down (I had the left side on lock down) all you hear is people getting through wherever you aren't. Just annoying, because it's difficult to put up any kind of defense when you can't count on your teammates to hold their own.

Ah well... was still pretty fun. Even though white pass rush is retaaaaaarded.

The last 2 set of M-COMs are hard as hell to defend. It's way too easy to slip through or just sit back and 2.0 them. The first set on the other hand is somewhat easy if you know the correct places to defend. The construction site is the easiest place for attackers to rocket snipe A and B along with the attackers ridge. Either that or try and protect the right side with the bus and toll booth. That usually helps.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Calion82v said:
The last 2 set of M-COMs are hard as hell to defend. It's way too easy to slip through or just sit back and 2.0 them. The first set on the other hand is somewhat easy if you know the correct places to defend. The construction site is the easiest place for attackers to rocket snipe A and B along with the attackers ridge. Either that or try and protect the right side with the bus and toll booth. That usually helps.

Well I'll admit I was kind of retarded on the first set... I didn't get out on the back ridge as fast as I normally do. And dream joined the game, so the time it took to pause and switch to his squad, they were already on top of us. Our team just didn't push them back. I joined him guarding alpha but got killed by grenades like 4 or five times as soon as I spawned. That's how close they were and I was getting hit from the construction building, the first floor, the back lot. :lol

The first set is usually where you have to make your stand but we got handled. Second set we put up some resistance and on the last set it was down to a few tickets. And on second and last set, I felt like I was playing at my best. A few times I took out waves of three guys often with a medic reviving... pretty cool battlefield moments. But then I look over and some smurf (haha faceless term) lets a guy go right under him. I'm like WTF!?

It's just like, what more can you do? Trying to defend the entire left side and help with the rocket snipers coming mid... it's rough. Even if you pick a spot and own it, unless your team can contribute, you're always losing on White Pass. Some maps two guys can defend the crate, but WP isn't one of them. Imo.

White pass rush defend strategy:
Base 1
Minimum requirement:
1x recon for motion sensor at m-com A.
1x rocket engineer/grenade assault to take out heavy MGs.
1x designated assault to feed ammo to above 2.
EDIT IN: Demolish the roof next to m-come A so enemies can't climb up.
Rest of the team should split into 2, one to cover the area around the building, one to keep clear of the construction site.
People with nothing to do should take the opportunity to clear out trees at enemy spawn.

Base 2
Do your best. Usually clearing the surrounding buildings help, but I haven't seen a clear win strategy on this base other than hardcore spawn trapping the attackers.

Base 3.
Minimum requirment:
1x recon for motion sensor at area in front of A or forest area to the left of A.
1x C4/rocket/mortar whatever to clear out the tall building in front of A.
Half of the team attempt to hold back enemy's advancement, while people with nothing to do should clear out the trees in the forest.

TheSeks

Eternal Sleeper said:
Base 1
Minimum requirement:
Rest of the team should split into 2, one to cover the area around the building, one to keep clear of the construction site.
People with nothing to do should take the opportunity to clear out trees at enemy spawn.

*rides in on an ambulance* A-HEM. I believe you're forgetting a class that has to mop up and stitch your asses. >:|

UFRA

TheSeks said:
*rides in on an ambulance* A-HEM. I believe you're forgetting a class that has to mop up and stitch your asses. >:|

Amen to this. I always play as a medic on White Pass Defense.

Sometimes an Assault too, if we already have a medic covered.

TheSeks said:

The list is just a "minimum". I can only be hopeful that other players will play helpful classes - that or they all play 12x sniper recon.:lol

Eternal Sleeper said:
Base 1
Minimum requirement:
One guy in the house on the left to blow off all the walls to the stairway and to cover the entire left section between the stairs.

Aka Crak's house camping.

Also Faceless's roof demolishing plan.

360 GAF needs to roll deep. 3-4 deep is a good start, but we need to roll real deep! like 8 deep with party chat and mics!

Crakatak187 said:
One guy in the house on the left to blow off all the walls to the stairway and to cover the entire left section between the stairs.

indeed, i always pick recon and spam motion sensors and blow up the wood plank on the right and the first few panels of roof so they can't use the ramps or right ladder. then i try and get to the construction building and blow up the walls parallel to the base on the 1st and 2nd floor and the 2 sets of perfect ducking height wood on the 3rd floor and roof. that helps make it easier to take out people trying to crate snipe from there. then if i get more C4 i'll blow up the wall between the road and the building. after that, if i die, i'll switch to mortars so i can take out the armored heavy mg.

Crakatak187 said:

roof demolishing plan added in.

You mean camp in the house overlooking A don't you?

Yeah from that house if you blow some trees down you can get a clear view at the construction site and check the back of the base. High ground with cover offers great advantages.

Top Bottom