• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

SA-X

Oh god, that Oasis remix looks awesome. Hyped now. Hurry up and give us the maps dice! Screw the 360 people that don't have the patch yet. :lol

G3 with 4x is a beast if you can tap light enough to single shot it. 2nd B on Atacama Desert still takes C4 damage from the roof, no idea what the C4 bug on that map is.

The Faceless Master said:
G3 with 4x is a beast if you can tap light enough to single shot it. 2nd B on Atacama Desert still takes C4 damage from the roof, no idea what the C4 bug on that map is.
From what I heard on BFBC2 UK forums you could go inside the ship.

o7j0if.jpg

oh boy

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sorry, I wanted to unlock the Top Gear Test Track. Now that I have that, you can bother me if I'm not playing online and grinding credits for more cars. ;)

However, I'm going to be dragging JM into kart racing tracks. That mode has come out of the blue and made me love it. Goddamn, I love GT5 at times. :lol

Faceless said:

Like I said, it's scary how we're not even a clan and people are scared/considering us a clan. Crazy scary.

G3 with 4x is a beast if you can tap light enough to single shot it.

It's a beast with iron sights in general. Lightweight that bitch.

canadian crowe said:
Hahaha I know I'm waiting for game night. I'm not a mic player though. Is that bad?

I am a cripple and can't hear + no mic. Do you honestly think that stops most of GAF from playing with me despite me raging on them?

Yeah there are some people who doesn't talk on mic. Like Abuc and Seks. When you play with them long enough you would know their playstyle so even if they don't talk you might know what they are thinking at times.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Like I said, it's scary how we're not even a clan and people are scared/considering us a clan. Crazy scary.
Why is it crazy scary? Its nice that pleople know that the GAF players dont cheese it out.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Um... harvest day has rush, right? Because they picked the worst spot for conquest... the beginning is my favorite. The end, not so much.

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Why is it crazy scary? Its nice that people know that the GAF players dont cheese it out.

Because I don't want people to invite me to clan matches. D:

Had some most excellent games with Spl1nter and some friends last night. Definition of teamwork! Communication is so crucial and really draws you into the game. I think we won every attacking round except one (Arica Harbor) and rarely let them get past the first set of MCOMs as defenders. Best squad every round (think we must have played 6-8 rounds).

Can't wait for the new content!

recklessmind said:
Um... harvest day has rush, right? Because they picked the worst spot for conquest... the beginning is my favorite. The end, not so much.
Yes, it has Rush. btw, Conquest uses the whole map. the 4 bases are all in the middle of the map.

Mr. Snrub said:
Had some most excellent games with Spl1nter and some friends last night. Definition of teamwork! Communication is so crucial and really draws you into the game. I think we won every attacking round except one (Arica Harbor) and rarely let them get past the first set of MCOMs as defenders. Best squad every round (think we must have played 6-8 rounds).

Can't wait for the new content!
yeah, i was playing on 360 and PS3 and the difference is night and day now, on PS3 opposing teams are barely making it bast the first base, and attacking actually feels like a fight instead of a steamroll.

Ocho

50% less damage on crates does make a BIG difference! How many times did we lose a set to attackers in their low digits (20s-10s)? With the patch, that's not hapenning.

Sure, cheesy tactics still exist, and we're bound to lose some crates, but I think it's time we move on and actually consider crate bashing as a viable, legit way of gaining a site, since it takes more "work" to achieve.

I still hate UAV bashing, tho!

Evolved1

Played a super frustrating round with rockscar a little while ago. First match was great, best squad, but as usual with us, rock was ace by a couple hundred pts. :lol

I'm always so close!!!

But the second round was pure frustration... our team was so bad! I love getting killed from every direction immediately on spawn.
And we were attacking!
. Seems like the patch is shifting the balance toward defenders now, which I like. I've still seen C4 abuse, but it has to be a semi decent team to make that work. And I think a full gaf squad could keep that at bay.

Beginning of AH is a bitch now though... basically just long distance tank shelling. I like hunting them in the beginning area though, so while it's longer and drawn out, at least it's kinda fun, and you can go to them.

rockscar needs to post more in the thread than just "no, i'm not a lurker, look, it's me, yup!".

and seriously, i played a few hours on PS3 and then a few hours on 360 yesterday, and even though we were pretty dominant on both, it was really apparent that the crate buff was hurting less organized teams. i mean damn, people couldn't get ONE CRATE. i was sitting here thinking about it, and i guess it may make more people play since attacks won't be as much of a steamroll and defenses will be more solid and action packed. even if less organized teams end up losing more than before, the players will have more genuine 'battlefield moments' than before to talk about.

TheSeks

Goddamn it, Faceless. I was about to pop-in BC2 but you sign out.

... *goes back to B-spec GT5*

Effect

Picked up the PC version today. Went with a retail version in order to have the actual disc instead of downloading. Already spent time updating WoW over the past few days. Did't want to sit through another long download. Updating the game now (taking a while). Been so busy today (so tired) might wait until the weekend to really try it out.

Crakatak187 said:
Yeah there are some people who doesn't talk on mic. Like Abuc and Seks. When you play with them long enough you would know their playstyle so even if they don't talk you might know what they are thinking at times.
You guys talking about playing on PC right? Wheres the Steam BFBC2-GAF group? I'd like to join it so i may join you guys in battle, please. I can add a few more people to my friends list, and would like to play with you all since I've gotten back into the swing of things waiting for MP7...

How many can i add to my friends before it starts to glitch out again? :lol PC BFBBC2 name is "Cuban Legend" the '561' and '007' suffixed account are my placeholders.

Marvie_3

Banned
Played some good rounds for the last ~5 hours with some GAFers. The only one I recognized was faceless. Our squad was rolling in almost every round except for the occasional one where it seemed like our entire side was one giant mess. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Played some good rounds for the last ~5 hours with some GAFers. The only one I recognized was faceless. Our squad was rolling in almost every round except for the occasional one where it seemed like our entire side was one giant mess. :lol
Yep, good games everyone. Though i'm kind of done with conquest mode unless it's Panama Canal, it's too bad that map didn't come up. I'm eight quid on xbox live, by the way.

TheSeks said:
Goddamn it, Faceless. I was about to pop-in BC2 but you sign out.

... *goes back to B-spec GT5*
:lol :lol :lol

nobody was on so i played on 360.

we had a squad!

360 GAF represent!

actually, for a while i was on the other team. worst team ever, there's nothing like having no flags capped, i get to a flag, sit there and the other people spawn in the base. somehow, i manage to cap, and people still spawn in the base!

so glad when i actually got to jump on the GAF team.

moment of the night for me... an apache pilot tries to sweep in and roadkill a teammate.

faceless <AT Mine> Pilot
faceless <AT Mine> Gunner
faceless destroys apache

thanks for the points guys!

Cuban Legend said:
You guys talking about playing on PC right? Wheres the Steam BFBC2-GAF group? I'd like to join it so i may join you guys in battle, please. I can add a few more people to my friends list, and would like to play with you all since I've gotten back into the swing of things waiting for MP7...

How many can i add to my friends before it starts to glitch out again? :lol PC BFBBC2 name is "Cuban Legend" the '561' and '007' suffixed account are my placeholders.
PS3

Marvie_3

Banned
bean breath said:
Yep, good games everyone. Though i'm kind of done with conquest mode unless it's Panama Canal, it's too bad that map didn't come up. I'm eight quid on xbox live, by the way.
Ok, cool. Feel free to add me on Live if you want.

we had a squad!

360 GAF represent!

actually, for a while i was on the other team. worst team ever, there's nothing like having no flags capped, i get to a flag, sit there and the other people spawn in the base. somehow, i manage to cap, and people still spawn in the base!

Yeah, that team you were on for awhile was brutal. I'm not very good at FPS games in general, so when I'm doing a decent job of kicking ass, you know something is up. :lol

Rawk Hawk

Marvie_3 said:

Yea we had some good rounds, I'm JoachimMizrahi, I made up a XBL live party when we had 5, but not sure if you use a mic or not. ThisSplitLip is LittleToyko on here, although both him and I are well under .2 posts per day. :lol

eight quid is the only one I'm not sure on.

we had a squad!

360 GAF represent!

I did seem to notice, once you came over to our team, the matches started becoming competitive... Just saying... :D

TheSeks

Dude, I saw you sign in.

"Oh, after this race in ten minutes I'll pop in BC2..."

Get to My GT Life to save my progress. As it's done finishing.

Faceless has signed out.

Me: >:| Well, fine. >:|

Cuban Legend said:
You guys talking about playing on PC right?

You must be new here.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Dude, I saw you sign in.

"Oh, after this race in ten minutes I'll pop in BC2..."

Get to My GT Life to save my progress. As it's done finishing.

Faceless has signed out.

Me: >:| Well, fine. >:|

You must be new here.
Ice Cold.

But yeah, probably most of us play on Godlike PS3.

Marvie_3

Banned
Rawk Hawk said:
Yea we had some good rounds, I'm JoachimMizrahi, I made up a XBL live party when we had 5, but not sure if you use a mic or not. ThisSplitLip is LittleToyko on here, although both him and I are well under .2 posts per day. :lol

Ok. None of your gamertags except faceless match your GAF names, so I wasn't sure who any of you were. :lol

If you wanna add me on Live, go ahead. Otherwise, just drop me a message whenever you're playing.

Rawk Hawk said:
I did seem to notice, once you came over to our team, the matches started becoming competitive... Just saying... :D
:lol

Fersis said:
Ice Cold.

But yeah, probably most of us play on Godlike PS3.
LIES!

most of GAF plays on 360, a few people play on PC and nobody plays on the Man Furismo JiveStation.

Rawk Hawk said:

eight quid is bean breath.

XBL matchmaking had it in for me.

Evolved1

LIES!

most of GAF plays on 360, a few people play on PC and nobody plays on the Man Furismo JiveStation.

*Turns on JiveStation* :D

abuC

If GAF plays on Xbox 360 I might be inclined to "Buy" that version too, since nobody seems to be playing on PS3 anymore.

Rawk Hawk

bean breath said:

I end up frustrated with Rush or Conquest on and off, so I just swap lol.

Going to pop on for some rounds, not sure how long I will be on though.

Cuban Legend said:

Sp1nter, some friends and I usually end up on at the same time and have some good games, at least once a week. At least 4 of us play, sometimes other gaffers get on and we have a solid 2 squads.

Steam: anton_sugar
BFBCS: Anton Sugar

You can only have 20 friends on your friend's list :-\ And no, it doesn't tell you this.

Fersis

abuC said:
If GAF plays on Xbox 360 I might be inclined to "Buy" that version too, since nobody seems to be playing on PS3 anymore.

Im taking a break until the new maps.
But if you wanna play just send an invite.

Spl1nter

Steam: Spl1nter3
BFBC2: Spl1nter

If you ever want to play send me a steam message.

Probably not much time in the next week as last week of term with a number of things to finish. On 2 hours of sleep right now.

Fersis

Sorry TheSeks i couldnt join you but the game could connect to the servers.

Top Bottom