• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
Most of GAF bailing as soon as White Pass rush shows up. Uh, guys we were ATTACKERS. And it's an updated map you guys bitched enough about. WTF.

(We won, BTW. Thanks for nothing.)

PS3 froze. Did you and Abu get A last set, Faceless? That team kinda sucked, they couldn't stop us three except once at the base so Faceless rocket sniped B after we took A. Hilarious.

Dan and I said the game before would be our last... sorry to leave you short handed.

bean breath said:
:lol :lol
Yeah, I wasn't in the party chat so I had to go by instinct and assumed the plan was to take out B with the stationary AT. Those were tough games, for me atleast. Even when we won it felt like a loss, and I was questioning whether we actually won or it was the error bug; especially at Isla Innocentes 'attacking'.

I raged quit on the second set at Arica when our humvee driver was just circling around our deployment, then needed someone to go out and guide him by foot over the freaking mountian like a mule :lol, then stalled out at the dead zone at the peak and we all suicided. It was a moment that had an equal parts mixture of absurdity, hilarity, and frustration. I took it as a sign from the Battlefield Gods that it was time to turn the xbox off.
oh man, you should have been in the party chat for that part. he had seen it done before and vaguely remembered it, but had never done it before and was asking how to do it, so we were explaining it in the party chat while he tried. then he actually tried and was going way too slow and i was like "you're going way too slow" and bailed. i survived! :lol :lol :lol

TheSeks said:
Most of GAF bailing as soon as White Pass rush shows up. Uh, guys we were ATTACKERS. And it's an updated map you guys bitched enough about. WTF.

(We won, BTW. Thanks for nothing.)

PS3 froze. Did you and Abu get A last set, Faceless? That team kinda sucked, they couldn't stop us three except once at the base so Faceless rocket sniped B after we took A. Hilarious.
i couldn't believe so many people bailed on White Pass v2.0, especially on attack. yeah, we got A, that map sometimes causes freezes when those final buildings D2.0, you were on the scoreboard too, so you froze right when it fell.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
i loved the part on Atacama defense when we stole their chopper twice.

Actually laughed at that. I was like "Faceless' crazy ass takes the helicopter... AGAIN!?"

BTW: No one reloaded me unless I shot someone and mashed select. SMH.

And SMH @ 8bit flying the chopper, putting the shitty gunner that isn't me in their path and having us get hit by the UAV I tried to hit but got side-circled/moved and failed to kill. :(

Protip: Second gunner slot is left side. If someone that isn't a public is on that side, you should try to focus on them unless the other person is firing (mash down in d-pad to review and see)

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Protip: Second gunner slot is left side. If someone that isn't a public is on that side, you should try to focus on them unless the other person is firing (mash down in d-pad to review and see)

I have no idea what any of this means... :lol

TheSeks

recklessmind said:

I'm sitting on the left side, facing their base. 8bit hops in, is in the gunner, switches to pilot. Takes off.

Me: ...

8bit flies toward their base.

Me: NO! NO! NO! PLEASE NO BACK!

8bit circles around as someone public is in the right/first slot seat.

Public people were sucking that round.

Person on UAV takes off. I'm firing at them as 8bit makes a wide circle.

Can you guess what happens next? Helicopter gets hit, my owning machine destroyed. Me yelling "GODDAMN IT EIGHT-BIT FUCKING STUPID ASS" at my screen, literally as I bailed, safely landed as B is armed. Throw a grenade up there, take a dude out and someone disarms B.

Horrible round with them doing nothing but sniping and sniping from their base where they shouldn't be able to hit people. WTF.

And the only reason I didn't focus on 8bit when he was gunning was because I already had a person on the right side and I was focusing on B since that's the harder/more open one to disarm and arm. Public dude was already firing so I circled for him.

Again, if someone is firing from one side, FOCUS ON THEM. Don't try to fly over the base and get both sides, unless you're planning to land and get infantry there, having both guns firing is useless waste of time. Eventually someone will bail and you can continue to focus on the side that's firing.

-Pilot
-Right side of vehicle
-Left side of vehicle
-Extra passenger of copter
-Extra passenger of copter 2

recklessmind said:

The blackhawk has 5 seats.
  1. Pilot
  2. Right Gunner (ex: random)
  3. Left Gunner (ex: GAFFer)
  4. Passanger
  5. Passanger

He means that if you're flying the blackhawk, then whoever is in the second gunner slot (or third slot) would be your left gunner. If you notice that person is a gaffer - then make sure you fly in a manner so that the left side is always facing the enemy.

------------
HEY PS3-BFBC2 REGULARS:
Fill out this form so the new joiners can add you!: http://tinyurl.com/2g5wo4g

Actual spreadsheet for the ID listing is here : http://tinyurl.com/2cgv7he

TheSeks

Eternal Sleeper said:
The blackhawk has 5 seats.
  1. Pilot
  2. Right Gunner (ex: random)
  3. Left Gunner (ex: GAFFer)
  4. Passanger
  5. Passanger

He means that if you're flying the blackhawk, then whoever is in the second gunner slot (or third slot) would be your left gunner. If you notice that person is a gaffer - then make sure you fly in a manner so that the left side is always facing the enemy.

That and pressing down on the dpad will give you a rear-view of your vehicle if you're piloting (and I think if you're tank gunner as well). In my case, I use it to review who is firing the blackhawk gun non-stop and try to focus on them. Quick pressing it (since you're in the air it won't matter letting go of the left stick for 10 seconds unless under fire) will give you a heads up on who's aiming.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Cant join games again.... anyone else having this issue?

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Cant join games again.... anyone else having this issue?

No. I couldn't join Arica Conquest, but I did another White Pass Rush round. Try switching game modes and maps.

oh man, you should have been in the party chat for that part. he had seen it done before and vaguely remembered it, but had never done it before and was asking how to do it, so we were explaining it in the party chat while he tried. then he actually tried and was going way too slow and i was like "you're going way too slow" and bailed. i survived! :lol :lol :lol

Holy crap!:lol Wow, I just saw the videos on that guy, Sudden Death's, page. I don't if you've seen that HBO miniseries, Generation Kill, but man, watching that moment from someone else's perspective plus hearing the party chat reminded me so much of that show. Specifically a part where their humvee caravan gets stuck on a bridge and turns into a whole clusterfuck. Wow.

Seeing yourself play in a replay is fucking awesome! And seeing other people's play style is cool, that sudden death dude throws out sensor balls like they're nothing and uses c4 like they're grenades, which I guess was the designer's original intention?

If i'm in a squad with him again I'm going to ham it up for the camera:lol

Man, now i'm thinking they're needs to be a war correspondent class in this game and they just run around with a camera capturing all these moments and chatter. Maybe they'd be immune from bullets or the other team would be penalized for killing him.:D

Evolved1

I wish this game had smoke grenades. And you could take them instead of frags... smoke would be thicker, last a little longer than 40mm smoke. Red smoke or something.

Edit: I figured out you guys were talking about the blackhawk... :lol For a bit I was pretty confused, originally I thought you were talking about the Hind.

Evolved1

bean breath said:
Flash bangs:D

I'm imagining defending Nelson Bay 3B against flashbangs... :lol

Disorienting enough getting revived with a spent mag in a firefight, but then to get suddenly blinded. :lol

TheSeks

bean breath said:
Tear/mustard gas?

gb2/CoD5/ with that shit.

Smokes are fine. Frags are fine. But flashbang and mustard gas use was overwhelming in the CoD series, they can keep those.

@Faceless: Saw that stream clip. I don't know the dude's commentary, but you smoking the base and they didn't know what you were doing until you guys went in to arm was genius. I guess I should use Smoke more than 0% of the time now. :lol

Effect

Some complaining about RPGs, etc in matches is really annoying. They are apart of the Engineer kit. It's no different from assaults firing off grenades or people sitting back using nothing but the sniper rifle. Bringing down buildings is apart of the gameplay. I think the single player game gives very good examples of how combat should go and there npc enemies will target you and your squad with RPGs, etc.

bean breath said:
Holy crap!:lol Wow, I just saw the videos on that guy, Sudden Death's, page. I don't if you've seen that HBO miniseries, Generation Kill, but man, watching that moment from someone else's perspective plus hearing the party chat reminded me so much of that show. Specifically a part where their humvee caravan gets stuck on a bridge and turns into a whole clusterfuck. Wow.

Seeing yourself play in a replay is fucking awesome! And seeing other people's play style is cool, that sudden death dude throws out sensor balls like they're nothing and uses c4 like they're grenades, which I guess was the designer's original intention?

Man, now i'm thinking they're needs to be a war correspondent class in this game and they just run around with a camera capturing all these moments and chatter. Maybe they'd be immune from bullets or the other team would be penalized for killing him.:D
yeah, Sudden Death knows that sensor balls are awesome and ammo boxes will be there to replenish the supply. i need to cameo for the camera.

TheSeks said:
gb2/CoD5/ with that shit.

Smokes are fine. Frags are fine. But flashbang and mustard gas use was overwhelming in the CoD series, they can keep those.

@Faceless: Saw that stream clip. I don't know the dude's commentary, but you smoking the base and they didn't know what you were doing until you guys went in to arm was genius. I guess I should use Smoke more than 0% of the time now. :lol
oh, the other squad armed, we were smoking the area and shooting the crate with the AT4. we had like 7 people from 2 squads i party chat.

TheSeks said:
DATS CHEATING! :lol
no way, that's awesome, though at times it does get crazy... i mean when like 6 people respond to 1 guy sneaking into the base :lol :lol :lol

the funniest is when someone will switch squads so the other squad can squad spawn.

abuC

bean breath said:

Link to videos?

Wow fellas, that's just about as intense as when i play with my PC gaming clan or just buddies from Steam who are GAF... I'm impressed, considering the games are not as populated as they are on the PC.

If I had known that BC2 would have such a profoundly dedicated GAF following on the 360, I would have never bought it on Steam.

Cuban Legend said:
Wow fellas, that's just about as intense as when i play with my PC gaming clan or just buddies from Steam who are GAF... I'm impressed, considering the games are not as populated as they are on the PC.

If I had known that BC2 would have such a profoundly dedicated GAF following on the 360, I would have never bought it on Steam.

GAF BFBC2 following.

PS3 > 360 > PC.

Ocho

TheSeks said:
I'm sitting on the left side, facing their base. 8bit hops in, is in the gunner, switches to pilot. Takes off.

Me: ...

8bit flies toward their base.

Me: NO! NO! NO! PLEASE NO BACK!

8bit circles around as someone public is in the right/first slot seat.

Public people were sucking that round.

Person on UAV takes off. I'm firing at them as 8bit makes a wide circle.

Can you guess what happens next? Helicopter gets hit, my owning machine destroyed. Me yelling "GODDAMN IT EIGHT-BIT FUCKING STUPID ASS" at my screen, literally as I bailed, safely landed as B is armed. Throw a grenade up there, take a dude out and someone disarms B.

Horrible round with them doing nothing but sniping and sniping from their base where they shouldn't be able to hit people. WTF.

And the only reason I didn't focus on 8bit when he was gunning was because I already had a person on the right side and I was focusing on B since that's the harder/more open one to disarm and arm. Public dude was already firing so I circled for him.

Again, if someone is firing from one side, FOCUS ON THEM. Don't try to fly over the base and get both sides, unless you're planning to land and get infantry there, having both guns firing is useless waste of time. Eventually someone will bail and you can continue to focus on the side that's firing.

-Pilot
-Right side of vehicle
-Left side of vehicle
-Extra passenger of copter
-Extra passenger of copter 2

Hmm.. on Isla Inocentes? Where we defending or attacking? Sorry, I don't recall what particular situation you're talking about.

As a matter of fact, I ALWAYS give priority to GAF gunners, be either left or right.. I guess I wasn't paying attention, or some factor you're oblivious about made me decide to go that way, you know. Then again, I don't remember your particular situation.

Truth is, I'm not an awesome pilot, however I always have fun when I fly the helicopter and feel I make good choices, until we blow up and I'm all giggles, land on the site and plant/destroy the bomb.

That I didn't play how you particularly consider well played (which, in truth, on most situations I agree) when you were on the chopper doesn't mean I don't do it at all. Believe me, I know how to play this game.

Also: I know the gunner positions, thank you very much. :D

TheSeks

We were defending. IIRC you repaired the damage after their dumb asses landed it and bailed. I'm like "SWEET, FREE MACHINE GUNS!" You lift off. I'm all batmanD:.gif toward it, see a blackhawk coming. FIRE FIRE FIRE take it out (IIRC or harmed it enough to where it started to crash) and saw a UAV go online. We get taken out I'm like "NO! MY GUN! :(" and pissed for the rest of the match as we were 7 tickets left. If you didn't move the black hawk or kept it in the air and circling around the base I could've probably kept their boats and flooding into the base at bay.

Ocho

TheSeks said:
We were defending. IIRC you repaired the damage after their dumb asses landed it and bailed. I'm like "SWEET, FREE MACHINE GUNS!" You lift off. I'm all batmanD:.gif toward it, see a blackhawk coming. FIRE FIRE FIRE take it out (IIRC or harmed it enough to where it started to crash) and saw a UAV go online. We get taken out I'm like "NO! MY GUN! :(" and pissed for the rest of the match as we were 7 tickets left. If you didn't move the black hawk or kept it in the air and circling around the base I could've probably kept their boats and flooding into the base at bay.

Ah, I remember now! People kept blowing up choppers enemies bailed on. :(

Yes, it was a dumb move, then again I barely had enough time to get my bearings. The first thing I was trying to achieve was get the helicopter off the ground, to avoid enemy fire. I had no idea who was on the chopper, then I saw the other helicopter incoming and decided to aim directly at it (since both gunners can hit it, if you fly decently anyhow) and had no idea the UAV was up (again, I was busy with the other helicopter) and then we got hit. Guess that's why communication is key at war.

Evolved1

So what's your least favorite map now?

Mine used to be Nelson Bay, but it's not anymore. Valparaiso has taken it's place.

White Pass is just whatever now.

Speaking of rush variants, of course.

abuC

recklessmind said:

Mine used to be Nelson Bay, but it's not anymore. Valparaiso has taken it's place.

Defending on Attacama desert, the first base is so boring if the opposing team decides to snipe.

TheSeks

that map is the prime example of protected spawn abuse. what's hilarious is it's not protected from air vehicles.

Hey, free airkills. ;) Teaches those snipers not to sit around.

Faceless said:

You mad because Ferrari's are styling on you. You just wish there was an Enzo we could take and blow up near a crate. ;) :lol

TheSeks said:
Hey, free airkills. ;) Teaches those snipers not to sit around.

You mad because Ferrari's are styling on you. You just wish there was an Enzo we could take and blow up near a crate. ;) :lol
i doubt the enzo could make it over the hilly terrain and that body is probably too slippery to stick C4 on.

TheSeks

i doubt the enzo could make it over the hilly terrain and that body is probably too slippery to stick C4 on.

:lol Ferrari's in the desert in a warzone should be done. Be like Top Gear's Ford car in the beach segment. :lol

I'll be playing later tonight if you show up.

Calion

recklessmind said:

Valparaiso is one of my favorites. :lol

I don't particularly care for Isla much. It's especially bad when you have a horrible squad.

recklessmind said:

still White Pass, but it's not so terrible anymore. it still has a D2.0able crate on the final base.

recklessmind said:

I hated Nelson Bay and White Pass (still not that fond of WP) but now that I've started incorporating some landscaping into my strategy, blowing up all those trees is really fun and very useful; same on first set Valpa. Note that you need a somewhat decent team to buy you enough time to take out the trees.

More so than any map, playing with a really good group of players, consistently, pretty much kills the game for you when they're not online. Like borderline unplayable by comparison. So you have to find other ways to maintain your sanity.

Basically you have to find other goals aside from winning or losing, like just boosting your individual stats. One of the ways I sometimes like to play is by turning the game into makeshift escort mission. I'll play as a medic and pick someone on my team to shadow the whole game and just try to keep them alive for as long as I can.

Or take those people that snipe and never try to destroy the mcoms. If you're trying to win the round those people can really piss you off but if you don't care about trivial things like winning and losing then its really fun to embed yourself in their group as a medic.

Once, attacking 2nd set on Isla Innocentes, there was about 4 snipers on the Island where the first set was and I was with them keeping them alive the whole time. Dragged the game out to an absurd length because of the ticket count which I imagine frustrated the hell out of the other team, and was pretty damn fun. (I had an insanely high score too)

TheSeks

Froze.

SMH @ explosions shaking your vision. That round was nothing but BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMLOLTRYTOAIMANDDIESUCKA.

And I'd really love it if I the squad invite I got wasn't for Rush. At least for a week. I'm so tired of that mode it isn't even funny.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Froze.

SMH @ explosions shaking your vision. That round was nothing but BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMLOLTRYTOAIMANDDIESUCKA.

Yeah I just froze right after on nelson bay.

I've been bitching about explosions for months... all you need to do is play a team like that with their 9 million fucking mortar barrages to see that part of the game is retardedly broken. Not only do they drop <2.0> crate buildings in a couple mins, but they make it impossible to defend because your screen is fucking bouncing all over the place. I got to play two mins of nelson bay and it was the same shit. 9 million mortar attacks.

They didn't nerf the mortar screen shake (I mean seriously, you don't even need to be close to the impact for it to destroy your aim) in that last patch which means they probably never will.

Edit: I was in the mood for battlefield tonight, but that shit just ruined it. I'm taking a few days off.

TheSeks

The mortar wouldn't be bad if it wasn't spammed 24/7. I mean yeah the explosion should shake the vision of someone, but if they're about a hundred meters away... come on. I know it probably would do it in real-life, but for the sake of gameplay, TONE THE FUCKING RADIUS DOWN, PLEASE DICE.

Mortars are so damn overpowered with the ground shaking effect. It's so powerful that the ground shaking could be a viable tactic in itself.

Evolved1

Crakatak187 said:
Mortars are so damn overpowered with the ground shaking effect. It's so powerful that the ground shaking could be a viable tactic in itself.

They could make them 3x as deadly while removing the shaking and I wouldn't complain. I rarely get killed by mortars... like never killed by them.

But a team of wookies that spams them, to the point where you can't even return fire, it makes me want to throw the disc in the trash bin with all the other garbage.

Mortars taking down com buildings... yay. Hey but, DICE says, "Sorry guys, no prone, we don't want to encourage campers!".

Give me a break.

TheSeks

Sorry, Fersis. While I can fly... I'm a poor attack chopper pilot. I can't pitch/yaw like Faceless. But at least you got a few kills as did the public person, so I wasn't too mediocre. :lol

Mad props for those that circle strafe. I can't pull that shit off. So I was doing donuts and flying fast.

Top Bottom