• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
Sorry TheSeks i couldnt join you but the game could connect to the servers.

It's fine. Faceless and Rockscar joined and we did Conquest Arica and Port Valadez before I left to do Kart racing in "Man Furismo Jive" as Faceless would say.

I'll be back on later unless GAF finally decides to do dedicated Kart racing so I stomp GTGAF's butts dry on that. :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Sorry guys I don't play conquest.

Entering a match where my side is getting spawn raped by a couple circle strafing helicopter pilots just reminds me how much conquest blows.

No thanks.

abuC said:
If GAF plays on Xbox 360 I might be inclined to "Buy" that version too, since nobody seems to be playing on PS3 anymore.

what? There were like 4 gaffers playing last night.
I'm not going to be on much till I'm done with everything next Thursday.

Crack is breaking till new maps
JM is probably breaking and off in GT5land.

TheSeks

Eternal Sleeper said:
JM is probably breaking and off in GT5land.

As am I. But if Faceless signs on and sticks around for more than five minutes so I can complete a race, I'll generally switch discs.

recklessmind said:
Sorry guys I don't play conquest.

Entering a match where my side is getting spawn raped by a couple circle strafing helicopter pilots just reminds me how much conquest blows.

No thanks.
yeah, if i enter a game where that's happening i usually leave right away, but one of the fun part of conquest is playing a game from the start and slowly moving forward until you push the other team back to their spawn. if something like that happens during the general course of the game, as long as the teams are still close, and my team is still trying to at least cap a flag i'll play thru. what i hate is when you look at the map screen and see 6-8 blue arrows just sitting in the usual "i plan to stay here and no, i'm not gonna cap flags" spots.

YoungHav said:
how do I unlock the WWII M1 Grand?
play another battlefield game on the same EA account, then go to the website and get Veteran status.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I want to play but the game doesnt.
Connect to the servers god damn it ! >_<

SA-X

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, if i enter a game where that's happening i usually leave right away, but one of the fun part of conquest is playing a game from the start and slowly moving forward until you push the other team back to their spawn. if something like that happens during the general course of the game, as long as the teams are still close, and my team is still trying to at least cap a flag i'll play thru. what i hate is when you look at the map screen and see 6-8 blue arrows just sitting in the usual "i plan to stay here and no, i'm not gonna cap flags" spots.
I liked it better in the first game where your team didn't have a special spawn area, and if the other team grabbed all the flags you couldn't spawn anymore and got fucked. It made the flags more important, now its too much like deathmatch.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I took advantage of the Amazon deal yesterday and ordered the PS3 BC2 Ultimate Edition for $30.

Looking to play with you guys, but have no idea how this game works online...is there a clan system or do I have to have everyone on my friends list?

xclaw

Lyte Edge said:
I took advantage of the Amazon deal yesterday and ordered the PS3 BC2 Ultimate Edition for $30.

Looking to play with you guys, but have no idea how this game works online...is there a clan system or do I have to have everyone on my friends list?

Friends list.

Evolved1

Lyte Edge said:

Add a couple of us to your FL.

Evolved1

There's a clan recognition system, which basically means you can use a 3-letter clan tag... and the game will try and keep you sorted, from match to match, with others who have a similar tag. But that's the extent of it. Not much clan support. Nevertheless, it's extremely easy to join people on your FL. There's a "play with friends" option when you first enter multiplayer that makes everything very easy.

Gaf doesn't do clan matches... we just play. And some of us don't use the gaf tag...

TheSeks

Yeah, screw that. I think from now on I only play Rush if Faceless is. The defense having the ability to infinite spawn and hold a place now that damage has been nerfed is way too great. Trying to arm A if the defense is spread out on third set Arica is suicide. :/

Not that that is a bad thing. Defense needs the nerf. But it isn't fun to attack and get shot in the open, of which most of BC2's maps have a lot of.

TheSeks said:
Yeah, screw that. I think from now on I only play Rush if Faceless is. The defense having the ability to infinite spawn and hold a place now that damage has been nerfed is way too great. Trying to arm A if the defense is spread out on third set Arica is suicide. :/

Not that that is a bad thing. Defense needs the nerf. But it isn't fun to attack and get shot in the open, of which most of BC2's maps have a lot of.

Honestly, I really don't see how things are any different now.

We've taken that set with out C4/damaging the crates plenty of times before. If anything, I enjoy taking out 3A with a good team, since the open environment also means kills for the attackers on any defenders going to arm.

TheSeks

Eternal Sleeper said:
since the open environment also means kills for the attackers on any defenders going to arm.

Getting to A is the problem. Going into the bus, you're a sitting duck. I've had arms 80% complete only to be shot up and not finish the arm. So infuriating. The way the maps have choke points makes it hard to get to the crate unless you're able to clear one side and have your team move in.

Maybe I'm just annoyed that Medics still are useless against MA and no one uses them/public doesn't revive for tickets on the way to arming.

Evolved1

Major hit detection issues for me since the patch. I've been noticing it a lot with the M14. So today I sneak up behind this guy, I was going to knife him, but then I decided to test the M14 at close range.

Took five shots to kill him. Point blank, right in the back. :/

Cruzader

Banned
abuC said:
If GAF plays on Xbox 360 I might be inclined to "Buy" that version too, since nobody seems to be playing on PS3 anymore.
Um we all are waiting for new VIP pack and Vietnam. I used to play alot but got madd boring. That and MoH. But ill be on alot once that stuff hits.

TheSeks

Eternal Sleeper said:
The week after Black Friday & Christmas = "where did all these newbs come from?" week

That + Mystery hit detection week. Oh wait, that's been nearly every week for me.

Disappearing rockets and shoddy hit-detection on my guns at random times. So annoying.

Effect

Had some time to really play the game over the past few hours. I'm enjoying the single player a lot. Story had a nice pace. No constant spawning of enemies so when I finally do clear out an area it actually feels like an accomplishment. Not only that but bringing down and entire building most certainly does that as well. I have to say from now on, outside of Wii and hand held games, full destructible environments is a deal breaker for me when it comes to FPS. Not so much a realism thing but something that just makes sense considering the weapons you are using. If I have a rocket launcher or a RPG when I fire it into a building it should put a hole into it. If it can blow up that car it should be able to do this as well. It's a logical conclusion one would come to with these type of weapons. It really does change how I approach this game and it's fire fights both offline and online.

Online is a different beast. Some games have been really good. By that I mean both sides stay even for the most part. Capture points get traded back and forth, buildings are brought down, etc. However some are no fun when one side dominates the other. If that isn't worse some maps allow for attack choppers. Even though rules are put in place on some servers people still circle the main bases firing into it. That is nowhere near being fun. I'm just glad I've never been on a team yet that has done that to the other side. I've had it done to me but if I was on the side that started doing it I might have to leave the match. Don't want win that way at all.

Snipers like all games are a pain in the ass. More so with this game I've found. The one open desert area is the worse for this I think. The distance some can cover are crazy. Hate them most when they decide to fire into a base as people are spawning. All in all it was a good purchase. $20 well spent in the end. Not sure how much longer I'll be playing the online. I might have gotten my fill for a while. Was playing it all afternoon and the evening. So somewhat bored of it now. Might finish off the single player and then move on to something else. Finish up GoldenEye and and FFXIII.

This game is making my system reboot though when I play it in full screen. If I play it in window mode things are fine but even then I have to make sure my tool bar actually shows on the screen. Weird. Power supply isn't failing, etc. So I figure the problem has to be from this game. Playing FFXIV full screen hasn't cause an problems, just this game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This could be the greatest week in the history of the world:
- Job interview this week * Crosses fingers *
- Chances of getting GT5
- Chances of BFBC2 Map Pack 7 of the mother effin forever.

So hype.

Arnie

Don't know about you guys but I toyed around last night and still didn't get the patch on 360, don't know why. Can't wait for MP7 though, love me some Oasis.

Oh and if any 360 guys want to play just add me (Gamertag is on my profile, don't want randomers) I'm always up for a good Battlefield session.

Incidentally I have the points on my account for Vietnam, but if they wait until December 21st to release it I'll probably fall for the new Reach maps this week.

Eternal Sleeper said:
Should I compile a list of regular ps3 players for new joiners to add?

I mean there's this : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388166
but it's hardly up to date.
compile a list of regulars? that's like 5 people nowadays! everyone is playing MFJ!

Fersis said:
sweet!

Arnie said:
Don't know about you guys but I toyed around last night and still didn't get the patch on 360, don't know why. Can't wait for MP7 though, love me some Oasis.

Oh and if any 360 guys want to play just add me (Gamertag is on my profile, don't want randomers) I'm always up for a good Battlefield session.

Incidentally I have the points on my account for Vietnam, but if they wait until December 21st to release it I'll probably fall for the new Reach maps this week.
360 update isn't out yet, maybe next week...

compile a list of regulars? that's like 5 people nowadays! everyone is playing MFJ!

I'm sure we'll all be back this week.
I'll be done with exams and interviews on Thursday
Fersis will be done with interviews
Crack already signed on for Thursday and Friday.
JM usually tackles along.
Seks will come if you come.
Farlanghn got nothing else to play at the moment
Calion82V is playing regularly
Wes is always on :)

Thursday seems to be the big day :D

HERE'S THE FORM: http://tinyurl.com/2g5wo4g

Actual list is here : http://tinyurl.com/2cgv7he

I'll be spamming this at the end of all my posts:lol

KAOz

Short bus special
Eternal Sleeper said:
HERE'S THE FORM: http://tinyurl.com/2g5wo4g

Actual list is here : http://tinyurl.com/2cgv7he

I'll be spamming this at the end of all my posts:lol

Ordered Bad Company 2 yesterday. Should have it by Tuesday. I used to play the beta so, so much, but never had money to buy the full game.
Is it hard to get into, when you come in as a low-level guy these days? But yeah, I am signing up for some real teamwork stuff instead of playing with loads of randoms.

PedYup said:
Awesome, I just clicked two times on the form.....

Fixed it for you.

KAOz said:
Ordered Bad Company 2 yesterday. Should have it by Tuesday. I used to play the beta so, so much, but never had money to buy the full game.
Is it hard to get into, when you come in as a low-level guy these days? But yeah, I am signing up for some real teamwork stuff instead of playing with loads of randoms.

I have an alternative account just for playing with randoms, testing out odd setups, or whenever I feel like going solo. In general, I can still do pretty well even without most of things unlocked.

However, it's definitely a familiarity thing.
It'll take some getting use to for new maps, some getting use to different tactics and just learning when your team needs you.

So yeah, it's definitely better to work with a team than a bunch of randoms who might just snipe all day.

KAOz

Short bus special
Eternal Sleeper said:
I have an alternative account just for playing with randoms, testing out odd setups, or whenever I feel like going solo. In general, I can still do pretty well even without most of things unlocked.

However, it's definitely a familiarity thing.
It'll take some getting use to for new maps, some getting use to different tactics and just learning when your team needs you.

So yeah, it's definitely better to work with a team than a bunch of randoms who might just snipe all day.

Good to know. Just need to unlock the XM8 with a nice scope, and I am set to go. :p (Yeah, I prefer Assault so I can throw out ammo, and also be in the middle of shit.)
Yeah, all the other maps (mostly used to the Harbor, aswell as a bigass desert level I can't remember the name of) might be good to get to know a bit. But it comes with time I guess.

Looking forward to playing with you guys, and don't kick my ass and hate me too much if I suck in the beginning. I can fly a chopper without crashing though! Unless if it's on kamikaze-purpose. ;)

Evolved1

KAOz said:
Good to know. Just need to unlock the XM8 with a nice scope, and I am set to go. :p (Yeah, I prefer Assault so I can throw out ammo, and also be in the middle of shit.)
Yeah, all the other maps (mostly used to the Harbor, aswell as a bigass desert level I can't remember the name of) might be good to get to know a bit. But it comes with time I guess.

Looking forward to playing with you guys, and don't kick my ass and hate me too much if I suck in the beginning. I can fly a chopper without crashing though! Unless if it's on kamikaze-purpose. ;)

I think one of the most important things for new players to learn about the maps is the placement of AT turrets and AA guns. This is especially true if you want to help a teammate by being their gunner. Priority must always be on the AA guns and AT weapons. Everyone gets killed by those, even vets, because sometimes a guy will jump on it right after you looked away thinking it was clear, but it's primarily the gunners responsibility to keep an eye on those. They kill vehicles fast.

And there are only a few in each level... so it doesn't take long to learn them, if you're paying attention.

After that, my only advice is play with a good group of people, and the rest will come naturally.

Edit: Oh and always watch for mines when you drive.

KAOz

Short bus special
recklessmind said:
I think one of the most important things for new players to learn about the maps is the placement of AT turrets and AA guns. This is especially true if you want to help a teammate by being their gunner. Priority must always be on the AA guns and AT weapons. Everyone gets killed by those, even vets, because sometimes a guy will jump on it right after you looked away thinking it was clear, but it's primarily the gunners responsibility to keep an eye on those. They kill vehicles fast.

And there are only a few in each level... so it doesn't take long to learn them, if you're paying attention.

After that, my only advice is play with a good group of people, and the rest will come naturally.

Edit: Oh and always watch for mines when you drive.

I can still remember where the turrets are from the beta and demo levels, but the other maps, yeah I have no idea. Will make sure to learn placements of them a fair bit. I do remember a annoying one on Arica Harbour, placed soon after the main bridge. It brought down many tanks, and raised alot of hell.

Oh, thanks for the tip with the mines. I'm not used to them for one bit, so really glad you refreshed the memory there.

Really appreciated guys! :D

TheSeks

Hey! :mad: You sign on and I'll show up. Otherwise I'm playing Man Furismo Jive to get my Lambos. :mad:

TheSeks said:
Hey! :mad: You sign on and I'll show up. Otherwise I'm playing Man Furismo Jive to get my Lambos. :mad:
i think i might stick with the 360 peeps, one of my friends has a Hauppauge HD PVR and i wanna do some cameos on JTV.

Cameos are cool, they're the new teabagging.

TheSeks

i think i might stick with the 360 peeps, one of my friends has a Hauppauge HD PVR and i wanna do some cameos on JTV.

Cameos are cool, they're the new teabagging.

Going to become the Sandy Ravage of Bad Company 2, eh?

TheSeks

WTF How the fuck can they snipe you from their base on that map? I kept being shot at from the base on the top machinegun gunning their stupid circling helicopter. :|

:lol :lol
Yeah, I wasn't in the party chat so I had to go by instinct and assumed the plan was to take out B with the stationary AT. Those were tough games, for me atleast. Even when we won it felt like a loss, and I was questioning whether we actually won or it was the error bug; especially at Isla Innocentes 'attacking'.

I raged quit on the second set at Arica when our humvee driver was just circling around our deployment, then needed someone to go out and guide him by foot over the freaking mountian like a mule :lol, then stalled out at the dead zone at the peak and we all suicided. It was a moment that had an equal parts mixture of absurdity, hilarity, and frustration. I took it as a sign from the Battlefield Gods that it was time to turn the xbox off.

TheSeks

Most of GAF bailing as soon as White Pass rush shows up. Uh, guys we were ATTACKERS. And it's an updated map you guys bitched enough about. WTF.

(We won, BTW. Thanks for nothing.)

PS3 froze. Did you and Abu get A last set, Faceless? That team kinda sucked, they couldn't stop us three except once at the base so Faceless rocket sniped B after we took A. Hilarious.

Top Bottom