• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Pete Rock

Wooo finally, going to pop this in tomorrow and spin it back up for the first time in a few months! New maps, attachments and crate bash nerf yay :D

borat-very-nice.jpg

wwm0nkey said:
Again is anyone else on 360 seeing a slight but noticeable FPS increase?
About to play now played earlier but only found games with 6 people in :S I always thought the framerate was rather solid anyway but I only had the game 1-2 weeks.

wwm0nkey

Diablohead said:
About to play now played earlier but only found games with 6 people in :S I always thought the framerate was rather solid anyway but I only had the game 1-2 weeks.
Well yeah the framerate is always fine but it feels a bit faster now.

http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/search/?keywords=specact
SPECACT kit upgrades

The SPECACT kit upgrades have arrived on PC! PC players can now change how their soldiers look on the battlefield with this additional downloadable content. With the 4 kit-specific unique uniforms and the camouflaged SPECACT personal M16A2, UMP-45, MG3 and a gun metal black M95 SNIPER, you have a visual edge on the Battlefield, showing that you’re a force to be reckoned with. Recruited strictly from other high-level Special Operations units such as Delta Force and Spetsnaz, the Special Activities groups – SPECACT – are the elite of the elite, used mainly for covert operations and other high-risk missions in areas where conventional troops cannot be used.

*Requires Battlefield Bad Company 2 to play

Your Battlefield account will be granted the SPECACT kit upgrade. No download or codes required. SPECACT kits will now be available from the kit selection screen after joining a server. *Please note that you must use the same email address as Your Battlefield account to ensure entitlement is delivered to the correct account.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I think it's time Battlefield removed the ghillie suits... they look dumb. Either make them cooler looking or give recons a whole new design.

Besides, so many people are playing CQB recon kits, the wookie suit makes no sense.

/random BC2 thought of the day.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Meh, leave them alone. I don't want a 1meg update to their suits when they're going to be shot anyway.

Evolved1

Seks... they look like puff balls.

I'm tired of getting shot by blow-dried poodles... it's embarrassing. At least let me have my dignity!

derFeef

recklessmind said:
I think it's time Battlefield removed the ghillie suits... they look dumb. Either make them cooler looking or give recons a whole new design.

Besides, so many people are playing CQB recon kits, the wookie suit makes no sense.

I agree there, while they look cool, the do not make sense because there is no prone and they are more than the classic sniper class. Getting shot by a ghillie suit wielding a shotgun is somehow... funny.

Donos

The Faceless Master said:
just use a red dot on the VSS. it has a higher DPS. and makes less noise...

hmm only tried Gol, m24, m95 and only one time the SVU. I always use GOL for sniping (i don't snipe often) and G3 for my aggressive motion sensor rusher. Maxed the Recon almost solely with close combat. Gonna try the VSS a bit.

Nice. Update broke up (twice now) after half the distance (PC)... my connection is fine -_-. Why do i need 2.3 Gigs of Vietnam Stuff if i never intend to play.

30a6mxh.jpg

Fix this shit GG !

UFRA

recklessmind said:

I agree, snipers should have this outfit instead:

607_big_1_340P_340P.jpg

Then BC2 would be a better place. :lol

DSN2K

thinking of buying this for PC, haven't touched a BF game since 2, how much has changed ? is PC community still active ?

todahawk

recklessmind said:

wait, is it out tonight? my days are all fucked up? (love the new sig btw)

UFRA said:
Recons, campers, idiots, whatever you prefer... :p

Dreamgazer is the only exception, he is a good recon

I was just about to bitch then I saw your spoiler :D

Technically I'm an awful recon though:

Recon Kit kills:
M24 Sniper 5
SV98 Snaiperskaya 7
SVU Snaiperskaya Short 3
GOL Sniper Magnum 17
VSS Snaiperskaya Special 2 771
M95 Sniper 1

I can't snipe for shit :lol

charsace

I play this on 360 and would love to play with some of you guys. I hate going into random games to stomp or get stomped. I want to stomp all the time.

charsace said:
I play this on 360 and would love to play with some of you guys. I hate going into random games to stomp or get stomped. I want to stomp all the time.

Stomping all the time gets boring.:D

--------

HEY PS3-BFBC2 REGULARS:
Fill out this form so the new joiners can add you!: http://tinyurl.com/2g5wo4g

Actual spreadsheet for the ID listing is here : http://tinyurl.com/2cgv7he

TO NEW COMERS/LURKERS (people who has never played with us before):
I DON'T HAVE THE ENERGY TO ADD ALL OF YOUR TO MY FRIEND LIST ONE BY ONE.
Please send me
,or Evolved1 cause I'm being evil,
a friend invite directly with "GAF:BFBC2" if you're serious about playing this game regularly with us.

xclaw

I wonder if the map pack is live at midnight tonight or if I have to wait until sometime tomorrow for it to be playable.... hmmm stay up late and game hard or sleep early and game hard tomorrow. What to do.. what to do?

UFRA said:
Recons, campers, idiots, whatever you prefer... :p

Dreamgazer is the only exception, he is a good recon
Harix was a good recon!

i'm not so bad :D

xclaw said:
I wonder if the map pack is live at midnight tonight or if I have to wait until sometime tomorrow for it to be playable.... hmmm stay up late and game hard or sleep early and game hard tomorrow. What to do.. what to do?
with all the other map packs, they just 'flipped the switch' in the middle of the night. one minute they weren't available, the next, they were.

TheSeks

xclaw said:

Tomorrow. They have to wait for Europe PSN to update. Possibly.

abuC

Dream is always throwing out motion sensors, so that automatically means he's better than 95% of recons that play.

Otomo-Ahiru has been the best recon that I have played against regularly, his quick scope game is crazy, I've never seen him just sitting back. He plays Recon like it's an assault class, and uses the scoped M24.

Evolved1

UFRA said:
I agree, snipers should have this outfit instead:

Then BC2 would be a better place. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

I was once a pretty mean sniper in BC1. It was my best class, but those days are behind me. Engineer all the way now.

todahawk said:
wait, is it out tonight? my days are all fucked up? (love the new sig btw)

Sometime tomorrow. I'm playing the shit out of that all day/night after my morning class is done. Read that you finished writing some obnoxiously long research paper, so you have no excuse not to join us! I don't want to hear any crap that you have a family or job or some nonsense. :lol Hehe.

Harix was a good recon!

Nice games, Faceless.

They never got you once you got up there in Laguna Presa. :lol

The M14 ACOG is pretty badass, I should try to control better my shot though since I often just press the trigger like some kind of action hero and I barely hit anything,specially at short range. :D

Also I got 2 ace pins tonight, which is quite an achivement for me.

Evolved1

Relaxed Muscle said:
Nice games, Faceless.

The M14 ACOG is pretty badass, I should try to control better my shot though since I often just press the trigger like some kind of action hero and I barely hit anything,specially at short range. :D

I feel like the M14 got messed up in the patch on PS3. I was using it a bunch right before we got the optics, and it was basically 2-3 hits kills. Usually two hits. But since the patch it feels like it's suffering from the shotgun bug where hits don't register... too often. I've hit guys a couple times and they'd kill me with 100% health, and then there was a test I did the other day, where it took five shots to kill a guy I was right behind. Maybe there's something wrong on my end, lots of hit detection issues lately, but it feels just like the known shotgun bug. Makes the M14 kind of a gamble to use, imo.

Relaxed Muscle said:
Nice games, Faceless.

yeah, i don't think anyone even shot at me up there. in the first game i was on my last 5 rounds in the sniper rifle with 20 tickets left and i took my time to make them all count. then i started using the handgun with 5 tickets left :lol :lol :lol

and yeah, that one ace pin you got, you had like double the next person's score, i was like "daaaaaamn"

Evolved1

One thing about playing with a full gaf room is how much harder it is to get ace pins. I've got like 9 million best squad pins and an embarrassingly low ace count (damn you rockscar!).

When I play with pubs I can ace with like 1700 :lol

It's shamefully easy. Had five in a row the other day and then I joined gaf and never got closer than 1000 points to one for the rest of the night. Smh.

UFRA

Harix was a good recon!

Yeah, in all honesty any of us Gaffers who know how things are done in BC2 can be a good recon.

It's those damn randoms that just think sniping is so cool and do nothing but camp, never throw sensors, and sit 400 miles behind the action that bring the recon reputation down. :lol

Even I am a pretty good recon with my GOL. :D

SA-X

Can't wait for some Harvest Day and Oasis rush. Hopefully Cold War doesn't suck.

Spl1nter said:
How so, all the engi weapons are extremely deadly at close and mid ranges. The engineer is meant to focus on a vehicle class yet is as proficient as an assault in infantry combat
Well the assault and medic guns are better at mid/long range. Not sure which is better at close range, the engineer guns might be statistically better but they're all instant killers up close so I don't think it really matters. I agree that the engineer is meant to be a vehicle class but you don't want it to be a handicap when vehicles are not around, giving it a good rocket launcher since its other two gadgets are meant for vehicles is a way of doing that. Perhaps I just enjoy rocket launchers too much. :p

Diablohead said:
I think the weapons are all really well balanced, I do get a little annoyed at magnum ammo but once I unlock it myself I can't really complain, level 15 for it, right?
I don't remember but you'll get it eventually. I tend to roll with the explosives upgrade or body armor anyway though, as I didn't notice much of a difference with magnum ammo when I got it.

SA-X said:
Well the assault and medic guns are better at mid/long range. Not sure which is better at close range, the engineer guns might be statistically better but they're all instant killers up close so I don't think it really matters. I agree that the engineer is meant to be a vehicle class but you don't want it to be a handicap when vehicles are not around, giving it a good rocket launcher since its other two gadgets are meant for vehicles is a way of doing that. Perhaps I just enjoy rocket launchers too much. :p

I don't see why they don't just seriously nerf SMG's at mid and long range. Like, make them fucking useless at long range. As it is now, it seems like ANY gun can shoot across the map. I just don't really understand that design decision.

Evolved1

Mr. Snrub said:
I don't see why they don't just seriously nerf SMG's at mid and long range. Like, make them fucking useless at long range. As it is now, it seems like ANY gun can shoot across the map. I just don't really understand that design decision.

I countersnipe recons with the uzi all the time... :lol

please dont change this DICE

TheSeks

Mr. Snrub said:

If they killed the SMG's any further, I'd stop playing the game after hitting 50. Full stop.

SMG's were already nerfed when the 20% damage buff was taken. Sniping across the map is possible, but you have to waste more bullets unless you have MA slapped on. At least let engineers have some killing ability/defending themselves instead of "oh, I'll switch to this class when I die and the tanks can fucking wait."

Mr. Snrub said:
I wish bullet speed and drop would be bumped down a bit too. There's no point in leading/aiming high on most maps like there was when the game came out (well it seemed like that way with the hit boxes, and was more fun). At the least SMGs and pistol rounds should drop fast and be somewhat slower as well.

Mr Sandman said:
I wish bullet speed and drop would be bumped down a bit too. There's no point in leading/aiming high on most maps like there was when the game came out (well it seemed like that way with the hit boxes, and was more fun). At the least SMGs and pistol rounds should drop fast and be somewhat slower as well.
well the only guns that have bullet drop at all are bolt action snipers.

Top Bottom