• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

I would since 1 mortar almost instantly take out a tank. There is tons of times that a single mortar shell kills me. I wouldn't mind a nerf, hell I want a mortar nerf.

SA-X

I like how in the first game everyone complained that the weapons weren't powerful enough (except for the shotty and the recon pistol), so dice beefed up everything for part 2 and since launch its seems like we've gone through cycles where every week or so a different weapon is declared overpowered and cheap (M60 / M16 / 40mm Grenade / Gustav / AN94 / MG3 / Mortar / C4 / etc etc etc).

The weapons are fine, just like the first game.

Spl1nter

SA-X said:
I like how in the first game everyone complained that the weapons weren't powerful enough (except for the shotty and the recon pistol), so dice beefed up everything for part 2 and since launch its seems like we've gone through cycles where every week or so a different weapon is declared overpowered and cheap (M60 / M16 / 40mm Grenade / Gustav / AN94 / MG3 / Mortar / C4 / etc etc etc).

Gustav has always been declared cheap and OP and continues to be that way.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LOL THOSE [PWN] CLANTARDS LEFT. After we Medic trained. :lol :lol

"GEE THANKS GUYS" I yelled at my screen when you guys didn't FUCKING SPAWN AFTER MY FUCKING BOUND ANTICS. ADKSJFLSDJKFLSADKJFLKDSA*bangs head into keyboard* What good is a stealth insertion if you guys don't spawn as soon as the "YOU'RE OUT OF BOUNDS" leaves? ARGH.

Sometimes I wish you guys had Faceless' intuition when it comes to me.

"I'm the last one alive? *sits or tries to move into base and get you guys to spawn*"

"Please guys, spawn o--"

(Spawn on someone else or I get caught and MA fucked to death.)

Speaking of which: This is your daily SMH for Magnum Ammo. SMH. SMH. SMH. post. Hate that perk.

Arnie

Had a really frustrating evening, we came up against a team who didn't once try and arm a crate, instead choosing to hang back and ping it with Tanks and Gustavs. Me and my friend tried repelling them with our Engineer skills but they had too much infantry protecting the tanks as they continued their bombardement. Not to mention the Scouts dropping mortars on the crates too, we were helpless. Ended up winning Arica because they couldn't get enough fire on the last set of crates, there's no way they'd have actually got in and armed the sucker, we were a tight unit.

Does anybody know when the patch is out for 360, I'm pining for some G3 goodness with an acog, I tried it out on my brothers PS3 version and it was as good as I'd hoped.

Oh and I hope MP7 is out next week. Assuming Vietnam is 21st, that would give us a good 3 weeks exhaustive play with these 4 maps before hopping into the expansion.

Oh and a potential BF3 reveal at the VGA's, damn it's a good month to be a Battlefield nut.

TheSeks

Let's have a round of applause for... me! I stopped their sneaky bastard from blowing B and resetting the tickets when we were 19 or so left, then Dream took out the dude that took out me (THANKS!) and revived me (DOUBLE THANKS!) and I put a tank in the middle of the base to make sure they didn't pull that shit off again because I was like "NO, FUCK YOU!" :lol

That's the round after nearly everyone on GAF joined and we won (and annoyed the hell out of me) they all bailed and Abu bailed when the team wouldn't start to attack so Crack and everyone else was tank shelling the base.

abuC

TheSeks said:
Let's have a round of applause for... me! I stopped their sneaky bastard from blowing B and resetting the tickets when we were 19 or so left, then Dream took out the dude that took out me (THANKS!) and revived me (DOUBLE THANKS!) and I put a tank in the middle of the base to make sure they didn't pull that shit off again because I was like "NO, FUCK YOU!" :lol

That's the round after nearly everyone on GAF joined and we won (and annoyed the hell out of me) they all bailed and Abu bailed when the team wouldn't start to attack so Crack and everyone else was tank shelling the base.

I actually got disconnected.

That was a great game on Arica, they had 8-10 50 rank players, and as far as I can tell it was two squads that probably played together regularly.

They had us down to 30 tickets and then got the full on medic assault :lol

SA-X

Spl1nter said:
Gustav has always been declared cheap and OP and continues to be that way.
Whatever. The gustav is fucking hilarious, and without it the engineer would be completely useless when there aren't any tanks around.

TheSeks

SA-X said:
Whatever. The gustav is fucking hilarious, and without it the engineer would be completely useless when there aren't any tanks around.

AT4 says "sup" and "LOL NO" along with the RPG-7. I haven't used the Gustav in over nine-months since I platinumed it. No need to. The other two will clear buildings out just as well, and I can hit the tanks just as hard as the Gustav.

Abu said:
That was a great game on Arica, they had 8-10 50 rank players, and as far as I can tell it was two squads that probably played together regularly.

Yeah, that round after you guys joined I saw the level 50's and there was only two on our said (both GAF) and I was like "Oh, boy... Where is Faceless for this!? D:"

Then a whole bunch of GAF joined up and we nearly died but pushed the game forward. That was intense but annoying, because again: I did out-of-bound stealth approaches only to be ate by a Magnum Ammo user while I was set to try to blow the hell out of A and/or B with the G3 non-MA + 6C4 and Explosive Ups. (Which I guess is stupid now but hey, if I could do it silently and not moving too much...)

Spl1nter

SA-X said:

How so, all the engi weapons are extremely deadly at close and mid ranges. The engineer is meant to focus on a vehicle class yet is as proficient as an assault in infantry combat

wwm0nkey

TheSeks said:
Which means Map Pack 7/new maps tomorrow... possibly.
The 360 and PC patch are both 2.3 gigs and apparently PS3 users can already play harvest Day if they get super lucky so yeah I would say the maps will also be unlocked tomorrow.

TheSeks

wwm0nkey said:
The 360 and PC patch are both 2.3 gigs and apparently PS3 users can already play harvest Day if they get super lucky so yeah I would say the maps will also be unlocked tomorrow.

Huh? How is that possible. I thought only PC has that ability.

Razor210 said:
>>Stuff<<

Shut up and go back to Super Street 4 so when I get bored of GT5 and BC2 you can punch me there.

know what baffles me?

teams that when they're on defense, they're all up in your bases, shooting you in the back, trying to steal your vehicles, and then you stroll into their base, plant, wait, wait, nobody comes, you take both crates and start to move on to the next base and ... there they are, shooting you in the back again... and then WHEN IT'S TIME TO ATTACK, THEY DO NOTHING. what's up with that?

SA-X said:

the M60 really was too powerful originally, the first nerf was fine. the problem with the AN-94 is it's so accurate that even though it's power was in line with other assault rifles, that 2 shot burst was dominating. they really should have done something about the kick instead of the damage. Gustav, i was fine with it. 40MM GL too. i didn't think the MG3 was particularly dominant. Mortar was fine in the final game, the beta mortar on the other hand... i believe i first said it in the beta thread "assault shouldn't have C4, they have the ammo pack" i mean, imagine if only Recon had C4... just think about how different the entire game would be.

TheSeks said:
LOL THOSE [PWN] CLANTARDS LEFT. After we Medic trained. :lol :lol

"GEE THANKS GUYS" I yelled at my screen when you guys didn't FUCKING SPAWN AFTER MY FUCKING BOUND ANTICS. ADKSJFLSDJKFLSADKJFLKDSA*bangs head into keyboard* What good is a stealth insertion if you guys don't spawn as soon as the "YOU'RE OUT OF BOUNDS" leaves? ARGH.

Sometimes I wish you guys had Faceless' intuition when it comes to me.

"I'm the last one alive? *sits or tries to move into base and get you guys to spawn*"

"Please guys, spawn o--"

(Spawn on someone else or I get caught and MA fucked to death.)

Speaking of which: This is your daily SMH for Magnum Ammo. SMH. SMH. SMH. post. Hate that perk.
oh man i hate when i'm chilling in the enemy base or at/near a flag waiting on randoms to spawn on me and they spawn at the base. if i had a penny for every time that happened, i could buy a few mcrib extra value meals.

know what upset me earlier today?

WHITE PASS.

ok, 1 crate is in a collapsible building... the other isn't... why are like 7 people guarding the crate they basically can't stop from being destroyed?

TheSeks said:
AT4 says "sup" and "LOL NO" along with the RPG-7. I haven't used the Gustav in over nine-months since I platinumed it. No need to. The other two will clear buildings out just as well, and I can hit the tanks just as hard as the Gustav.

Yeah, that round after you guys joined I saw the level 50's and there was only two on our said (both GAF) and I was like "Oh, boy... Where is Faceless for this!? D:"

Then a whole bunch of GAF joined up and we nearly died but pushed the game forward. That was intense but annoying, because again: I did out-of-bound stealth approaches only to be ate by a Magnum Ammo user while I was set to try to blow the hell out of A and/or B with the G3 non-MA + 6C4 and Explosive Ups. (Which I guess is stupid now but hey, if I could do it silently and not moving too much...)
i was playing on 360, sup somnific, sup bean breath!

wwm0nkey said:
PC and 360 update release tomorrow :D
ffffuuuu..... i got 200 kills to go with the AN-94 before a platinum on 360... just platinumed the G3!

Razor210

TheSeks said:
Huh? How is that possible. I thought only PC has that ability.

Shut up and go back to Super Street 4 so when I get bored of GT5 and BC2 you can punch me there.
I haven't played this game in a while - when I get a chance, I'm definitely jumping on.

After I master tick throws so I can perfect you with throws only :D

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat.../update-for-battlefield-bad-company-2-pc.aspx
Here is a complete list of all the fixes for PC in this update:
- Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
- Fixed an issue where the Bullet Tracers wouldn't display
- Fixed an issue where Play Now wouldn't work
- Added Ticket Count for Conquest end of round.
- Added the server info to the objectives screen.

i remember that underlined one was requested by tournament organizers

After you guys left the team went braindead. Disarming while standing still, hardly any disarmers, couldn't even prevent a disarmer several times in a row, letting the enemy disarm behind their backs, and not watching an armed m-com.

I got pretty annoyed and went back to GT5.

Jas

LovingSteam said:
Vietnam is up on Steam

Yeah the new update added a Vietnam section when you click on it you get a different startup page and it says "Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam is coming! Pre-order your copy on Steam today."

M14 ACOG is, as expected, really bad ass. But not op at all.

Glad to see stacked teams are still present. Nothing beats playing Valparaiso defense for 5 minutes whilst being spawn killed the whole time. Yeah switch to the better team douche bag, that will solve the problem.

Mr Sandman said:
M14 ACOG is, as expected, really bad ass. But not op at all.

Glad to see stacked teams are still present. Nothing beats playing Valparaiso defense for 5 minutes whilst being spawn killed the whole time. Yeah switch to the better team douche bag, that will solve the problem.

Not op, but unnecessarily tiresome when everyone are using it.
I haven't see anything but M60/G3/M14/N2000 the past couple days since the ps3 patch been out.

Oh and I'll be surprised if I ever see a Thompson used again.

PedYup

My BFBC2 moment yesterday was when defending with Fersis and Seks on Isla Inocentes. At last base they kindly dropped me with the chopper behind enemy lines. I did the C4 treatment to the Bradley and then proceeded to run back home showing the pointy end of my knife to those gentlemen attacking our base. I got my second knife pin!.

Yeah, the attacking Arica Harbour game was intense. Those level 50´s fought tooth and nail every Mcom and the last one was very close. By the way, did anybody get graphical glitches at last base?, I lost sound midgame and the buildings lacked textures. Even the building with the Mcoms didn´t have stairs!!. I couldn´t reach B unless I spawned on the squad. By the winning screen my PS3 froze and I left as it was very late already. I honestly think that very few teams can confront two/three squads of GAF players.

TheSeks

Eternal Sleeper said:
Something I noticed on bfbc2.eu:

Players Online / Total

PC
3,067 | 1,525,030
2,565 | 1,436,296
PS3
4,397 | 1,377,149

PS3 got a subpar CoD. Most of them came back. 360 got CoD and a flavor of the month shooter along with other things.

That said, I'm surprised at how close all the playerbases in total players nearly are. Just says no matter the difference, console and PC players want to play a good game.

My BFBC2 moment yesterday was when defending with Fersis and Seks on Isla Inocentes. At last base they kindly dropped me with the chopper behind enemy lines. I did the C4 treatment to the Bradley and then proceeded to run back home showing the pointy end of my knife to those gentlemen attacking our base. I got my second knife pin!.

Oh, you spawned on us? I was like "oh god, oh god, I'm so horrible with flying the attack choppers. They aren't like the blackhawk. Oh god, oh god, I can't get Fersis any kills."

I was flying REALLLLLLLLLLLY LOW over their base and toward the end they took the tank and started to ping me to where I landed at their start base and our base and repaired only to figure 8 and fly around. I don't think it was effective because I'm pretty bad at flying the attack choppers (I can't wrap my mind around the two sticks for pitch/yaw) but it seemed to annoy them and the defending team we were on started to push out and hold the hill. :D

Sitting there for a minute with both of you dead while I'm like "please, spawn so I have a gunner. I don't have a gun. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..." was annoying, meanwhile. :(

Also I did that VERY SAME THING. They took out the Hin-D I was piloting with a rocket and tracer (IIRC), taking me and the public person gunning out as we bailed from the chopper. Landed on the left side of their base. Fired my non-MA'ed XM8 Compact and hoofed it back to the hill not dying until I took a recon out near the sand-bag "base" on the hill only for (I think) you to revive me and I went back to the base as the Hin-D spawned. So awesome.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah i realized you were training with the black hawk. :lol
And that damn bradley didnt want to die! They had several engineers fixing it.

TheSeks

Fersis said:

What's hilarious to me is that they pushed the Bradley DOWN the base and onto the docks. I was like "WTF, guys?" I'm not sure what they were trying to do there (hit us? Fire the main cannon toward the hill?) but it didn't seem too effective.

And yeah, I was trying to circle strafe, but I was more worried about hitting the mountain/WHOO-BOOM-SUICIDE than that, so I stopped that and did wide turning circles like I do on the blackhawk. Not effective, but it keeps the bird up.

Effect

Fersis said:

Love doing that in the matches I played. I just know it has to be either be confusing or frustrating the other side to see a tank get hit several times and still not blow up. I think I followed behind a tank an entire match just constantly repairing it. :lol

I played a lot of Rush yesterday though. I was playing just Conquest before and while bored of it I figured let me try the other modes before leaving the game alone. A LOT more fun and interesting then Conquest. Whether you are attacking or defending it's more a satisfying then simply capturing points over and over again.

SA-X said:

I think the weapons are all really well balanced, I do get a little annoyed at magnum ammo but once I unlock it myself I can't really complain, level 15 for it, right?

I prefer games like this where you die in 3-4 shots instead of games where you die in 12-16, halo is an acception since the gameplay in halo for me is great, but when it comes to these war like shooters I prefer stronger weapons over weak ones.

Oh last night before the game randomly kicked me from a match and said I was offline, I had a beautiful vehicle kill with the spy heli, someone was shooting at it while I was using it so I dived down full speed and noticed someone running out in the open, I flew into him at max speed lol I bet he got a shock :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This was funny:
-Nelson Bay Second MCOMs set

TheSeks gets sniped in a building
I revive him...
he gets sniped again
I revive him ...
he walks around and then goes to the same place... sniped
I revive him
I revive him

He throws a grenade at me. :lol

Z_Y

Long time
bad
player....first time poster. I had the PS3 version since launch but never played it much because I neglect my PS3 like a red headed step child. Traded it in for the 360 version a week or so ago and have already logged more hours in it than the PS3 version. I just can't wrap my mind around using a DS3 for FPSs....that and I have a really shitty BT headset.

In any event, I hopped last night late (1am est) and kept getting in the same damn game of rush with only one other dude. That sucked. So yea....add me if you ever need support. (I can't shoot for shit so I have to do other things to earn my points).

GT: Z Y

I went to the in-game store and there is a 1.62 gb update, I need to read back a page or two if you guys already knew that :p

*edit* this is on the 360, might vary elsewhere.

wwm0nkey

Yep the game will ask you to download the update after it checks your stats. Why dont other games just do what BF does? I really hope a new version of TF2 is released using this method of updating.

TheSeks

Fersis said:
This was funny:
-Nelson Bay Second MCOMs set

TheSeks gets sniped in a building
I revive him...
he gets sniped again
I revive him ...
I revive him
I revive him

He throws a grenade at me. :lol

I was being sniped. I knew where the bastard was, but couldn't get a flipping spot marker on him (SMH at spotting limit) and throwing the turret that way wasn't working. I was trying to get the team to go over there. So annoying.

dkeane

New maps TOMORROW!

You wanted release dates for VIP Map Pack 7 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam? Why didn't you just say so? :)

No, seriously -- VIP Map Pack 7 goes live tomorrow! This is your chance to relive the awesomeness of fan favorite map Oasis, plus three more maps never before available in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer. For a complete rundown of everything VIP Map Pack 7, here are some posts we prepared earlier.

Also: December 21. Save the date. That is when Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam will launch (December 22 for PS3 in Europe). If you prefer your battlefielding on PC, you can get a three day headstart on EA Store and Steam, where it will be available on December 18. Need a reminder on why you should be excited? Here's our latest trailer. It has flame-throwers.

So. Who's on for some serious VIP 7 multiplayer action tomorrow?

Map Pack 7 and Vietnam Release Dates

No, seriously -- VIP Map Pack 7 goes live tomorrow! This is your chance to relive the awesomeness of fan favorite map Oasis, plus three more maps never before available in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer. For a complete rundown of everything VIP Map Pack 7, here are some posts we prepared earlier.

Also: December 21. Save the date. That is when Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam will launch (December 22 for PS3 in Europe). If you prefer your battlefielding on PC, you can get a three day headstart on EA Store and Steam, where it will be available on December 18. Need a reminder on why you should be excited? Here's our latest trailer. It has flame-throwers.

OMG!!!!!

EDIT: gah beaten!

Fersis

Pretty awesome... cant wait for Heavy Metal !

Top Bottom