• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

i guess i can wait a few more hours before i play the maps...

Cuban Legend said:
I wonder if their colors help with camouflaging with the surroundings better? :lol
well, the green beret instead of Star Trek red on the Russian medic is nice, and the green ghillie is pretty good in jungle maps... but they really aren't any more camouflaged than the normal outfits most of the time.

Just got to play on Oasis.

knives_chau_amazingsqhf.gif

So, whats the settings BFBC2-GAF plays on for optimal spotting at range while keeping a decent graphical quality.

Cuban Legend said:
Just got to play on Oasis.

knives_chau_amazingsqhf.gif

So, whats the settings BFBC2-GAF plays on for optimal spotting at range while keeping a decent graphical quality.

I play with all high, HBAO off (unnecessary resource hog), in DX10 (was using DX11 but Mumble overlay doesn't work), and I think I turned bloom back off. What kinda comp you got?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I turn off AA in multi because it needlessly destroys framerates. I get 80-150 fps with it off. With it on I get random drops to 45 fps and it doesn't feel good.

HBAO is off too, bloom is off, contrast is tweaked a bit, and everything else is maxed. Oh yeah, the proper calculated fov for the game is 70 on 16:9 monitors.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dorkimoe said:
why is the update to get pack 7 called vietnam multiplayer update

Because in addition to these four maps, the patch/update includes the Vietnam expansion in the run-up to December 21st for the Vietnam Expansion.

abuC

Im having trouble hitting people and when I do it took 3 shots on average to put people down with the 870 shottie, even if I was hitting them dead on.

KAOz

Short bus special
Had some awesome games. Thanks alot guys. That last one was a tiny bit nervewrecking.

And thanks for putting up with me even though I kept dying, and just.... yeah, existing. :lol Hoping to play some more with you again. And hopefully, I will be better to have on the team then. ;)

KAOz said:
Had some awesome games. Thanks alot guys. That last one was a tiny bit nervewrecking.

And thanks for putting up with me even though I kept dying, and just.... yeah, existing. :lol Hoping to play some more with you again. And hopefully, I will be better to have on the team then. ;)

You did pretty well for a new comer. So I wouldn't worry about it.
Starting right off the bat with these huge new maps probably doesn't much though :p

KAOz

Short bus special
I don't know, I kind of liked them. Oasis from Goldrush was damn fun, but very tankheavy. And Harvest Day was quite challenging. I liked it. :D

Glad I didn't do too shit. I leveled almost 4 levels just by playing with you guys, and I unlocked quite alot of funk. And well, I did get the Ace Pin once. <--- SMUG muddafukka! :lol

And thanks to you, I soon got that Top Squad trophy. :lol 1 left, then bing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The Faceless Master said:
ok, snuck in 2 games of Cold War Rush.

i know many people won't like all the close combat, i totally loved it, reminded me of Ascension!

Honestly, I think it'll be a nice break. The new maps are extremely vehicle heavy. CW will help break that up a bit.

Dude somehow when the BC1 maps were announced, I confused Harvest Day with End of the Line. I was so excited, EotL is my favorite! I thought we were getting that one. :lol

I'm dumb. Harvest Day is still pretty cool though, one of the better maps. But it's no EotL.

recklessmind said:
Honestly, I think it'll be a nice break. The new maps are extremely vehicle heavy. CW will help break that up a bit.

Dude somehow when the BC1 maps were announced, I confused Harvest Day with End of the Line. I was so excited, EotL is my favorite! I thought we were getting that one. :lol

I'm dumb. Harvest Day is still pretty cool though, one of the better maps. But it's no EotL.
we didn't need two chopper ho maps! Oasis is enough!

TheSeks

So... DICE's solution to the <D 2.0> problem is to put them on the outside of the buildings where they were formerly, and to move the anti-air gun from the roof (<D 2.0>) and put it to the side.

*claps* BRAVO! QUICK FIX DICE!

And to not use VADS so choppers can circle strife the base to death. NICE GOING!

TheSeks

we didn't need two chopper ho maps! Oasis is enough!

What we need more of us five minute crane climbing and then someone C4's it and <D 2.0>'s the sniper that took five minutes to get up there.

Vote Deconstruction 2.0 in 2011.

Mr. Snrub said:
I play with all high, HBAO off (unnecessary resource hog), in DX10 (was using DX11 but Mumble overlay doesn't work), and I think I turned bloom back off. What kinda comp you got?
Stallion Free said:
I turn off AA in multi because it needlessly destroys framerates. I get 80-150 fps with it off. With it on I get random drops to 45 fps and it doesn't feel good.
HBAO is off too, bloom is off, contrast is tweaked a bit, and everything else is maxed. Oh yeah, the proper calculated fov for the game is 70 on 16:9 monitors.
Thanks fellas. Now Oasis looks like sex and runs like sex too.

My rig is ASUS Crosshair v1 AM2 Mobo
AMD Phenom 2 940 @ 3.0GHz
Nvidia 9800GT 1GB stock
2GB DDR2 800 4-4-4-12

I run at 1920x1080p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sanjay said:
I still get 59 :|

dgwsi.png

I don't get what you mean by "plug in old 55 hoz FOV giving new 70 hoz FOV"
Holy shit you are missing the whole point of the thing. Do you see OLD HFOV? Change that to 55 because that is BC2's original hFOV. Then you will see theNEW HFOV IT SAYS 70. Goddamn Sanjay, first options and now tech fail.

Jtrizzy

Is there anything more annoying than having a great recon spot, one that you've worked hard to establish, tearing shit up, helping your team like crazy...then some random comes and sits literally right beside you, gives up your position. You let things cool down after he gets killed, and he keeps dying, respawning, and giving up my position.

hylje

woah....

I'm astonished how great these were and the old battlefield feel oasis/harvest day gives me. Tickets could be tad slower to get some action. So many rounds ended in less than 5 minutes.

And the length of Oasis, oh man...

Marvie_3

Banned
ok, snuck in 2 games of Cold War Rush.

i know many people won't like all the close combat, i totally loved it, reminded me of Ascension!
I loved it too. :D

Not feeling Heavy Metal though. I don't really care about the vehicles, so that map does nothing for me.

Sanjay

Stallion Free said:
Holy shit you are missing the whole point of the thing. Do you see OLD HFOV? Change that to 55 because that is BC2's original hFOV. Then you will see theNEW HFOV IT SAYS 70. Goddamn Sanjay, first options and now tech fail.

k9jjwh.png

It does not say 70 on mine. Also apparently FOV that you change in BC2 is the vertical one.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Jtrizzy said:
Is there anything more annoying than having a great recon spot, one that you've worked hard to establish, tearing shit up, helping your team like crazy...then some random comes and sits literally right beside you, gives up your position. You let things cool down after he gets killed, and he keeps dying, respawning, and giving up my position.
Spawning on some dude who is still a whole base back, meaning you have to huff it for 5 minutes to even get near any action? Sneaking behind enemy lines, laying C4 on a D2.0 MCOM containing building, running out the door and into a shotgun blast? Putting C4 on a quad racing across the level, head straight for their tank, jump off, trigger the C4 and click, click, click. Going to arm/disarm and switching kits instead?

Cuban Legend said:
Thanks fellas. Now Oasis looks like sex and runs like sex too.

My rig is ASUS Crosshair v1 AM2 Mobo
AMD Phenom 2 940 @ 3.0GHz
Nvidia 9800GT 1GB stock
2GB DDR2 800 4-4-4-12

I run at 1920x1080p

Yeah, I'd recommend turning HBAO off (really not worth the fps and input lag), running in DX10 (or DX9 if you want), turning off bloom (gives a few FPS), and turning off AA if it helps you as much as it does Stallion.

If anyone only wants to play MP7, PlanetBF's servers are only running them: http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/static.php?page=pbfservers

charsace

Just played a game of Oasis and hated it. Some dude just got into a chopper from the start and reamed the defenders hard. He would just circle strafe and rain down missiles/gun fire and was demolishing every goddamn building. No one could hit him with an rpg. So frustrating. The way that map is makes it near impossible to shoot down a good chopper. And I coudn't find any gun placements either. :mad:

Evolved1

Circle strafers are douche bags. How anyone can get enjoyment from shit like that... hey herp derp I'm on the leaderboardz!!!

The choppers should automatically noise dive after two or three tight revolutions. "Epic Fail, fucktards".

Marvie_3

Banned
recklessmind said:
Circle strafers are douche bags. How anyone can get enjoyment from shit like that... hey herp derp I'm on the leaderboardz!!!

The choppers should automatically noise dive after two or three tight revolutions. "Epic Fail, fucktards".
This. I fuckin hate the choppers.

recklessmind said:

Instead of that, DICE give them upgrades and while gimping the few ways to take out one of them....

TheSeks

recklessmind said:

Have you attempted to pull that off? It isn't as easy to do as you think, dude (or maybe I just can't wrap my head around how to pull it off and keep it level/consistant)

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Have you attempted to pull that off? It isn't as easy to do as you think, dude (or maybe I just can't wrap my head around how to pull it off and keep it level/consistant)

I figured out how to do it while messing around in Onslaught... I'm nowhere near as good as the people who do it five hours a day, but it's not that hard. I think it's more difficult to fly traditionally. You know, because people can actually shoot you down. :/

You might try changing your configuration if you want to try. I actually can't do it well with the configuration I'm using now (one that I feel more comfortable with in general) but when I was testing out all the different configs I found a setup that made strafing pretty easy.

I'm getting frustrated w/ GT5 atm, so I'm jump on onslaught in a few mins and figure out what config I was using for it. (Not that I encourage douchy piloting -- in fact I'll probably pm you the info)

recklessmind said:

usual argument:
"You're just jealous that my K/D is higher than yours. W/L? Anyone can boost that by just quitting out when they lose! This is a FPS! The more people you kill the faster you win the game! Go home and cry some more you no skill."

<------
Off topic: I freaking love the Christmas avatar I made last year. All you christmas hat people, I got a suit!

TheSeks

OMG. Did DICE really remove the anti-air at the second base of Oasis. REALLY!? SERIOUSLY!? WTF, DICE. >:|

WOW. And there is no anti-air option at the third base. I mean, I know it wasn't there in BC1... but COME THE FUCK ON!

played all the Rush maps.
loved all the Rush maps.

i love how the boundary on the end of Harvest Day is so wide now you can actually flank BEHIND THE HILL where defenders have no chance of seeing you. defenders, guard your crates. it was really weird seeing that new base on the hill, which i assume is the home of one of the middle conquest flags. it also weirds me out that they made it 4 bases instead of 5 and moved the 2nd base to the area between the old 2nd and 3rd bases, but i guess if they were just going to put the crates outside, the bases would all feel very similar with the old layout.

i didn't get to see too much of the layout in the middle of Oasis because i was chopper ho-ing on attack and we stuffed the other team like deviled eggs on defense, but i did manage to play the first and last set on foot, and it's funny to me that they cut the attacker's boundary right thru the middle of the base on the first base, but extended it back even more on the last base. i guess they didn't want all those camping behind the base hijinks early on.

is it just me or are the hills on both maps lower?

i also ended up getting Cold War again right after Harvest Day. that map is SM3SOGOOD.GIF

TheSeks said:
OMG. Did DICE really remove the anti-air at the second base of Oasis. REALLY!? SERIOUSLY!? WTF, DICE. >:|

WOW. And there is no anti-air option at the third base. I mean, I know it wasn't there in BC1... but COME THE FUCK ON!
hey, at least the AA at the 4th base is there!

i finally got shot down cuz i had no idea where it was and then *pew*pew*pew* :(

Anybody got any good ideas for the truck on CW? :lol I drove it like 20 feet and got blown up fast by an HMG. :\ Seemed like it got stuck on everything too. It doesn't respawn either, I take it?

Any new vehicles/vehicles from Onslaught mode that are new to PC guys? Still at work, haven't tried it myself. I thought one of the jeeps looked new, and one of the tanks, but couldn't really tell from some vids.

Mr Sandman said:
Anybody got any good ideas for the truck on CW? :lol I drove it like 20 feet and got blown up fast by an HMG. :\ Seemed like it got stuck on everything too. It doesn't respawn either, I take it?
i dunno, i think DICE put it there so people could do crazy stuff like launch it over the mountain and post the videos on youtube.

PC GAF Can you guys ADD Ceramicsteve on your Steam friends list? Would like to play with a good group like i do ON TF2. I got a mic and i have a joystick for the helicopter. I played
BFBC2 again after playing black ops. In my internal monologue i said to myself,

"why the fuck am i playing Black Ops it's the same shit year after year i spawn i die i spawn i
die, but this time THIS TIME THEY HAVE FUCKING DOGS. PLUS IT LAGS LIKE AN OLD MAN
TRYING TO TAKE A SHIT on the xbox
. My eyes set eyes on Glorious 1080p 4x AA 16x
Aniso HBAO graphics of BFBC2"

Can people who say "this map sucks" please explain why? Do you not like it just because you don't like the rush game mode? Does the map design suck?

gillty

Banned
I don't hate every rush map, I actually think rush on Harvest is really great and is one of the better examples of rush. However Cold War is about as far as removed from Battlefield you can get, but I guess you could say that about a lot of this game.

TheSeks

hey, at least the AA at the 4th base is there!

WTF, you're kidding right? You don't see the problem with no anti-air at any of the bases?

Let me spell out how my last Oasis game went:

DEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATH ENEMY STEALS OUR CHOPPER BECAUSE RANDOMS SUCK. DEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATH.

Flying around over and over and over and over and over and over and over and no anti-air to stop them.

DICE: Tracers aren't the magical answer to helicopters, neither is the stationary AT. MORE OF THE VADS, PLZ.

It's so flipping stupid that they can't put an anti-air at EVERY FLIPPING BASE in the map. I mean, come on! It's the same way with most of the chopper maps. Either there is no anti-air or it's the weaker/volly-your-shots version that won't put a dent on a skilled strafing pilot.

DICE really should replace that crappy one with the VADS for both teams.

TheSeks said:
DICE: Tracers aren't the magical answer to helicopters, neither is the stationary AT. MORE OF THE VADS, PLZ.

How so?!

It's marvelous!!

You put a tracer, then you drawn your RPG ready to own the bastard, then what happens!! tracer gets removed!! awesome. you quicky reload your tracer gun and you manage to put another tracer, quite the feat right?! and what happens?! it gets removed, of course!!

Yay, for speding tracer countermeasures, good job DICE!!

/sarcasm

They should speed up the dart again or only VADS!!

TheSeks

Relaxed Muscle said:

The dart isn't the problem. It's landing it and then having it locked on. Now a days people are going to carry smoke if they're piloting. Locking it on wouldn't be an issue if it was slightly more "magnetic" but it isn't. So it sucks. Pre- or post-speed buff.

The volly gun wouldn't be bad if it was like BC1 where you could fire it until it "overheated" and had a set "volley-explosion" limit, but you only fire three-shots at a time and very slowly so it sucks hardcore.

Relaxed Muscle said:
How so?!

It's marvelous!!

You put a tracer, then you drawn your RPG ready to own the bastard, then what happens!! tracer gets removed!! awesome. you quicky reload your tracer gun and you manage to put another tracer, quite the feat right?! and what happens?! it gets removed, of course!!

Yay, for speding tracer countermeasures, good job DICE!!

/sarcasm
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I guess it's different on PC, but you get tracer'ed pretty fast and the countermeasures can't always keep up. Countermeasures are a bitch when you're the only one tracing though :-\

Oasis Conquest is tight. just went 21-2 in a 100+ ticket landslide victory with a mixture of early Tank RAAAPE and then sniping it up from the area around B. Ace Pin? you know it!

TheSeks said:
WTF, you're kidding right? You don't see the problem with no anti-air at any of the bases?

Let me spell out how my last Oasis game went:

DEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATH ENEMY STEALS OUR CHOPPER BECAUSE RANDOMS SUCK. DEATHDEATHDEATHDEATHDEATH.

Flying around over and over and over and over and over and over and over and no anti-air to stop them.

It's so flipping stupid that they can't put an anti-air at EVERY FLIPPING BASE in the map. I mean, come on! It's the same way with most of the chopper maps. Either there is no anti-air or it's the weaker/volly-your-shots version that won't put a dent on a skilled strafing pilot.

DICE really should replace that crappy one with the VADS for both teams.
like i said i only played 1 game on defense and the attackers didn't take a crate, so i dunno how bad it is on the 2nd and/or 3rd bases. i do know that the defenders get a chopper on the 2nd base, so maybe they think a chopper is a good counter.... isn't the VADS nerfed now anyway?

Top Bottom