• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Spl1nter

TheSeks said:
SMG's were already nerfed when the 20% damage buff was taken. Sniping across the map is possible, but you have to waste more bullets unless you have MA slapped on. At least let engineers have some killing ability/defending themselves instead of "oh, I'll switch to this class when I die and the tanks can fucking wait."

Kit balance is seriously fucked up in BC2. Balance was perfect in 2142.

oh man, i can't believe that random that squad spawned in the HIND i stole on Atacama Desert FLEW AWAY WHEN WE GOT OUT TO REPAIR! i mean, we were out of bounds too! and then he crashes the chopper and dies.

smh.

Arnie

Woke up, University was cancelled because of the insane snow, back to bed for a few hours until...

OASIS!!!

Probably won't sleep.

Erasus

Cuban Legend said:
Nickle an' Diming us for SPECACT for PC, DICE you are impossible. :lol

Paying for skins is totally fine in f2p games like LoL, Vindictus, Maple, Flyff etc

But when they start doing it in games where you already pay for the game itself.... I am worried.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, map choice for Oasis and Harvest day are before the BC2 maps while "Cold War"/intro BC2 singleplayer map is at the end of the line. :lol Haven't been able to load into them. PSN store must be updated before that happens in Europe, I guess. :(

Edit: BTW, It takes 22 C4 with this damage "nerf" now to bash a crate. Better have your squad rushing with them now.

TheSeks

Kills: 31
Deaths: 10

Fersis no where to be seen. So when my 10th death comes, what happens? The enemy/attackers arm and hold A because the other two on our team were useless fucks and I was the only one holding near the objective in Cold war.

SMH. I hate carrying randoms.

At least I know where the funnel point on the last set is and that'll make A hard to take unless the other team is good and clears that point.

3 8-kills-in-a-row medals as well. That's how good it is if the other team sucks.

Snowballo

bc2mappe.jpg

Here we go, gentlemen.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:
Nickle an' Diming us for SPECACT for PC, DICE you are impossible. :lol
They only said they wouldn't charge for maps that should have shipped with the game so they are still in the clear here :lol

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Heavy Metal is huuuuuuuuuuuge

Not that huge. And I don't really like Harvest Day on Conquest. Then again, I never liked BC1's maps in Conquest except for a few exceptions (the castle map!)

And I can't get a flipping Oasis Rush game going. I keep being put in empty servers where I get 1000 points before someone else joins and I leave after one death. FUCKING DICE PUT ME IN AN OASIS GAME. ARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARGH

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I cant get in any Rush games... they keep sending me to nelson bay and other shitty BC2 maps. wtf.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
recklessmind said:
I cant get in any Rush games... they keep sending me to nelson bay and other shitty BC2 maps. wtf.
Not every server has been updated yet

Evolved1

Wow heavy metal is kind of crap so far... circle strafing helis and millions of engineers running around with tracer dart + all the explosives perks.

Not fun to be a tank driver. You can't even aim high enough to fire at the birds and there's almost no way to know where the RPG's are coming from once you're traced.

That map is built for the cheesiest kind of chopper whores.

I predict the map to be the most spawn raped in BC history.

On a different note... Cold War is pretty cool. Only played the first part, but it's some nice CQB. Only one of the crates is in a building at the first set.

TheSeks

Oasis Conquest and Heavy Metal are pretty damn intense. Heavy Metal in particular is HUGE (that's flipping huge, Fersis. Not Cold War. :lol ) and requires vehicles to get across. Infantry will take a few minutes to hoof it to other bases. Not to mention taking bases is HARD when all the buildings are destroyed and you have tanks and helicopters coming for you.

Recons are SMH on that map, though. I can't pinpoint them because the map is too flipping huge.

KAOz

Short bus special
I will be on in about 30 minutes to start working up my newbie-Assault guy.

Though, the game did tell me I was a Veteran and added loads of stuff for me. Amongst them, the kit-stuff. BUT, funny thing is, I don't own another Battlefield game. So, WTF!? I won't complain though. :D

But yeah, any of you guys going to be online then? And want to run a little with me? >_>
It's my first time with a proper GAF gang, so please, be gentle. ;P

Edit: PS3 that is by the way!

1stStrike

Banned
Ugh, terrible timing. I JUST got Assassins Creed: Brotherhood so I'll be playing through the single player on that and then killing bitches in the multiplayer for a bit - plus Vindictus just came out with a new patch today raising the level cap and adding more content.

BC2 will have to wait a little longer :|

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
Really digging the facelift they gave Oasis. They really dirtied it up and added lots of cover out in some previously deadly open spaces.

Heavy Metal is just :lol

Stallion Free said:
They only said they wouldn't charge for maps that should have shipped with the game so they are still in the clear here :lol
That may be true but don't say it as if you're defending them for that shit choice... lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:
That may be true but don't say it as if you're defending them for that shit choice... lol
I was saying it as mockery. I do think I saw someone with the skins this morning in the Cold War map. He looked startlingly out of place :lol

Stallion Free said:
I was saying it as mockery. I do think I saw someone with the skins this morning in the Cold War map. He looked startlingly out of place :lol
I wonder if their colors help with camouflaging with the surroundings better? :lol

just took a shower and got dressed
bitch left the house for a few hours
locked all my doors closed all my windows
sat down at my computer desk and undressed with 5.1 headphones/mic ready
loaded up steam and will be booting up BFBC2
once i find the BC2-GAF Steam Group

TheSeks

KAOz said:
But yeah, any of you guys going to be online then? And want to run a little with me? >_>

You missed us by an hour. I'm sure most of us will be on this evening, however.

KAOz said:
I will be on in about 30 minutes to start working up my newbie-Assault guy.

Though, the game did tell me I was a Veteran and added loads of stuff for me. Amongst them, the kit-stuff. BUT, funny thing is, I don't own another Battlefield game. So, WTF!? I won't complain though. :D

Edit: PS3 that is by the way!

Most people usually play at night :p

Evolved1

Hey PS3 new guys... make sure you check dream's list and send FR to either him of myself (Evolved1) with gaf:bc2 in the message, so we can help get you all into the rotation. I'll be playing on and off most of the day, so send me you requests and I'll add you. Join my games and you'll see other gaffers you can add through the recent players met XMB option, or by going through the chart and spamming FR to everyone. Probably easier to just join our games though and add people as you play with them.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Oasis Conquest and Heavy Metal are pretty damn intense. Heavy Metal in particular is HUGE (that's flipping huge, Fersis. Not Cold War. :lol ) and requires vehicles to get across. Infantry will take a few minutes to hoof it to other bases. Not to mention taking bases is HARD when all the buildings are destroyed and you have tanks and helicopters coming for you.

Recons are SMH on that map, though. I can't pinpoint them because the map is too flipping huge.
When did i said that? :0

Top Bottom