• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
Oasis Conquest is tight. just went 21-2 in a 100+ ticket landslide victory with a mixture of early Tank RAAAPE and then sniping it up from the area around B. Ace Pin? you know it!

Oasis Conquest is really great when the teams are even. Which is funny as I didn't like BC1's conquest mode too much.

It's kinda a parallel universe where Oasis Rush is shitty and Oasis Conquest is actually fun to play. :lol

Valru said:
I don't hate every rush map, I actually think rush on Harvest is really great and is one of the better examples of rush. However Cold War is about as far as removed from Battlefield you can get, but I guess you could say that about a lot of this game.
hey now, the map has a truck, so it's not as far removed from battlefield as white pass rush!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Can you be any more of a douche than to have a "pwn" tag and 90% of your points from attack choppers?

:lol

What a fucking waste of oxygen that guy is. Good game bro. You pwn people.

Anyway... game froze. Though I can't say I mind. They gave us absolutely no countermeasures (still) for circle strafing choppers on Oasis. One AA at the first base and nothing at 2 and 3. I don't really understand what they're thinking.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Can you be any more of a douche than to have a "pwn" tag and 90% of your points from attack choppers?

What a fucking waste of oxygen that guy is. Good game bro. You pwn people.

Anyway... game froze. Though I can't say I mind. They gave us absolutely no countermeasures (still) for circle strafing choppers on Oasis. One AA at the first base and nothing at 2 and 3. I don't really understand what they're thinking.

Yeah, I saw Abu on the other team along with dan and I was like "Oh boy... they're going to steal our chopper." See them figure-eighting through the base and I'm like "yeah, fuck that *quit*"

Also they're that group that pissed us off and had the GAF Medic Wave happen on Arica. Payback for that, I guess?

Which one are you talking about?

http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/KrisSmitty
http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/o_D1STORT1ON_O
http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/dan08pires

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
Yeah, I saw Abu on the other team along with dan and I was like "Oh boy... they're going to steal our chopper." See them figure-eighting through the base and I'm like "yeah, fuck that *quit*"

Also they're that group that pissed us off and had the GAF Medic Wave happen on Arica. Payback for that, I guess?

Right before my game froze I CG'd the chopper just as they were stealing it. Got shot in the act too, since they were all over our base. Then it froze and I'm like, "Think it's time to do something else for a while".

Btw... I messed around with the heli for a bit in onslaught today and basically circle strafed the first base for five mins. It's really not that hard. I'd like to have a chopper battle against one of those pwn guys, because I'm feeling pretty good about piloting the AC's lately -- real good -- and I think I'd smoke 'em one on one. See if they can fly in anything other than a circle.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
Right before my game froze I CG'd the chopper just as they were stealing it. Got shot in the act too, since they were all over our base. Then it froze and I'm like, "Think it's time to do something else for a while".

Btw... I messed around with the heli for a bit in onslaught today and basically circle strafed the first base for five mins. It's really not that hard. I'd like to have a chopper battle against one of those pwn guys, because I'm feeling pretty good about piloting the AC's lately -- real good -- and I think I'd smoke 'em one on one. See if they can fly in anything other than a circle.

:lol :lol They all left after that defending Oasis round. Guess they can't take the jungle heat in Laguna Presa rush.

Spl1nter

recklessmind said:
One AA at the first base and nothing at 2 and 3. I don't really understand what they're thinking.

What are you talking about. Both of the bases have an AA, at least in the PC version.

TheSeks

Spl1nter said:
What are you talking about. Both of the bases have an AA, at least in the PC version.

Can you please point out where they are? I went all over and up the roofs of the bases and nada.

Hell, I went to where it traditionally was in BC1 and nope not there.

On PS3: They shifted one from the roof south of B (because it D 2.0's I guess) place B outside of that house near it. Put the anti-air to the RIGHT of the base on the hill. A is outside as well. Second set has no anti-air, AB are outside again. Never got past that to third or fourth because it's nothing but chopper rape and I got tired of that shit.

TheSeks

Mr. Snrub said:
Can't you just look at the map to find the turret emplacements?

Yes? And I've been to where the "emplacements" are.

AT and machine guns along with some grenade launcher thingy is all that was at the second base. Trust me, I ain't stupid. If it's somewhere obvious and I'm completely blind to it, I'd like to know where it is. Because like I said: I've been all over the second base and I don't see an anti-air when there was one there before/in BC1.

No_Style

Played a few games with some GAF folks. Good stuff. I'm not sure which map has which mode, so I'm just going to spell it out.

Cold War Rush was intense. I like the CQC.

Oasis Rush is okay. I only played defense and we creamed the other side.

Heavy Metal Conquest is awesome huge. A bunch of tanks rolling across hills is epic/frightening depending on which side you're on. And for the first time, transport choppers have a role in BC2's Conquest.

I wish I got the chance to play some more conquest. Perhaps tomorrow! :D

P.S - Sorry for not replying to the invites right away, Jtrizzy, Danthaman etc. I couldn't get on your team so I ducked away to try some Conquest.

Oasis and cold war are huge k/d boosters for me.

However, it's totally the opposite on heavy metal.

Not sure why. I think all that brown just makes me dizzy.

Cruzader

Banned
Why the eff is Faceless not playing? Get your ass on!!

Wil play when he comes back. Makes games fun though his tank whoring makes me want to nuke The seks.

TheSeks

Cruzader said:
Makes games fun though his tank whoring makes me want to nuke The seks.

U MAD?

Tanks are a standard of Battlefield. Keeping them up as long as you can ("whoring") is the goal to winning with infantry. Don't cry if you don't like the gameplay.

Dreamgazer said:
Oasis and cold war are huge k/d boosters for me.

I've been up and down on them all day. Too many MA users. :| That and having to carry a team/try to attack to where I get shot instead of hanging back and providing support/suppressive fire for others. :|

Abu said:
He's forsaken us for 360 GAF.

He thinks we're driving Ferrari's on Oasis. :(

Spl1nter

TheSeks said:
Can you please point out where they are? I went all over and up the roofs of the bases and nada.

2ND Base: Along the left hand road along the mountain, left side of the road. About perpendicular to the middle of 2nd base compound.

3RD Base: Not sure specifically but somewhere in the back of by the spawn.

I know they are there because I had to deal with them when flying the heli.

Harvest Day Conquest is awesome! it's really fun and open! love the new base on the hill where there used to be just a flag and a mounted gun!

i still can't wrap my head around Heavy Metal, despite playing it twice. it's just so ... HUGE

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
There's a really nasty bottleneck for the offense at the beginning of Cold War. Went up against a couple 40+s and 50s who locked us down right from the start. There's a nice little out of bounds spot that you can sprint through to get around it though...

TheSeks

Spl1nter said:
2ND Base: Along the left hand road along the mountain, left side of the road. About perpendicular to the middle of 2nd base compound.

3RD Base: Not sure specifically but somewhere in the back of by the spawn.

I know they are there because I had to deal with them when flying the heli.

You're right. I'm completely blind. I guess because the damn thing blinds into the ground textures and I didn't think they'd be stupid enough to move them onto the road for the second again. :|

Edit: That said, you just helped me help a team win a round on defense by taking them out on the second and then third to shut their helicopter down permanently, thank you Splinter from PS3 me. <3

Faceless said:
360 GAF was playing BC2 while PS3 GAF was Jiving....

You mad? Just call a day and I'll be there. None of this "I'll pop up for five seconds. Oh they're racing? BYE-BYE! *zip*" bullshit, dude.

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
That huge map from campaign blows.

If by "blows" you mean "is fucking awesome when the team/public people are fucking smart" then yes, it blows.

Helicopters and tanks across the map = thank you RPG god in the sky.

Also this douche: http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/ediddy999 should get back to Halo. He starts shooting me all pissy because Abu tank sniped our helicopter. Uh, guy, that blame falls on you as you flew us into three tanks pretty easy.

Yeah, that map is awesome when the helicopter pilots and tanks know what they're doing. So many ways to flank, so many sniping places. So many volly anti-air shots.

And you know, Faceless: As much as you bitch about us playing GT5, when we're in BC2 you're no where to be seen. WTF, duder.

vixlar

What I hate is that when you are playing on the new maps, the teams are full. As soon as go to one of the old maps... everybody quits!!!!!

TheSeks

That round sucked.

Kills: 9
Deaths: 19

Most of them due to fucking shotgun shenanigans with body armor in addition to Abu spawning me into said shotgun deaths in addition to team imbalance: 6 versus 12. GEE THANKS DICE FOR NOT PUTTING PEOPLE INTO THAT!

So stupid. :| Most of the people seemed to leave after we steamrolled the others and they started to get their bearings.

abuC

TheSeks said:
That round sucked.

Kills: 9
Deaths: 19

Most of them due to fucking shotgun shenanigans with body armor in addition to Abu spawning me into said shotgun deaths in addition to team imbalance: 6 versus 12. GEE THANKS DICE FOR NOT PUTTING PEOPLE INTO THAT!

So stupid. :| Most of the people seemed to leave after we steamrolled the others and they started to get their bearings.

Those two games annoyed me, maybe it's lag but I can't put people down. I shoot people, I know Im hitting them and they run right through my bullets and kill me, then I see they have no armor on. I have shot people 3 times at close range with the Neo2000 and 870 and they keep on trucking.

TheSeks

Yeah, same. I could start to hip fire, know I'm supposed to be hitting them in the + crosshair and yet no hit register, and I die.

Oh and then they mysteriously have 36% health. WTF.

Spl1nter

TheSeks said:
Edit: That said, you just helped me help a team win a round on defense by taking them out on the second and then third to shut their helicopter down permanently, thank you Splinter from PS3 me. <3

Ya you get to know them pretty fast when you are flying the heli and the enemy team is bitching in chat about you. :D

Mr Sandman said:
Harvest Day Rush is fucking terrible. :lol
wait... what!? Harvest Day Rush is AWESOME!

i can't believe they made Harvest Day WIDER!!! in Rush you can flank around both sides easily at the end of the game, and you can go all up on that right side hill on the 3rd base as a defender.

in Conquest you can go all the way up the hill behind the Radio Tower base. fun times!

Snowballo

1291287668-clip-31kb.jpg

Look at the picture.
Will Vietnam use its own ranking system or the same as BC2?
I mean if I'm level 40 in BC2, could I use Vietnam to reach level 50?

Thanks.

wait... what!? Harvest Day Rush is AWESOME!

i can't believe they made Harvest Day WIDER!!! in Rush you can flank around both sides easily at the end of the game, and you can go all up on that right side hill on the 3rd base as a defender.

in Conquest you can go all the way up the hill behind the Radio Tower base. fun times!
Underneath it is a good map. Just lack of cover and dick for transport make it feel like half the time you're huffing it just to die. It doesn't seem to work well with the deadlier bullets that BC2 has (IIRC BC1 had weaker bullets? Been a while).

Map begs of a Blackhawk just for transport sake.

Snowballo said:
Look at the picture.
Will Vietnam use its own ranking system or the same as BC2?
I mean if I'm level 40 in BC2, could I use Vietnam to reach level 50?

Thanks.
Ranking stays the same across both games.

moment of the night: seeing a Hind take down an Apache 1 on 1 :lol :lol :lol

Heavy Metal is CCCRRRAAAZZZYYY!!!!
:D I was flying in 1st person mode, which I never do, and kept the crosshair on him the whole time. It was like I was shooting him with my mind, but it was really just having a good gunner + bad apache pilot.

Highlight of the night for me from the same round:

*dies*
"damn! There's a sniper... somewhere. He has a line of sight to C."
"... the whole map has a line of sight to C."
" Yeah, I just realized that. Umm... He's nestled against some rocks."
" That doesn't help much either."

I still found the bastard too! Had to follow the bullet tracers and finally saw the muzzle flash.

Mr Sandman said:
Underneath it is a good map. Just lack of cover and dick for transport make it feel like half the time you're huffing it just to die. It doesn't seem to work well with the deadlier bullets that BC2 has (IIRC BC1 had weaker bullets? Been a while).

Map begs of a Blackhawk just for transport sake.
oh yeah.. i have that feeling on the 2nd base, but i'm still not sure if it's just because i know how far the 2nd base used to be vs where it is now or because of the map itself... everyone having a 4x scope and tanks having zoom probably adds to the lower health situation too...

bean breath said:
:D I was flying in 1st person mode, which I never do, and kept the crosshair on him the whole time. It was like I was shooting him with my mind, but it was really just having a good gunner + bad apache pilot.

Highlight of the night for me from the same round:

*dies*
"damn! There's a sniper... somewhere. He has a line of sight to C."
"... the whole map has a line of sight to C."
" Yeah, I just realized that. Umm... He's nestled against some rocks."
" That doesn't help much either."

I still found the bastard too! Had to follow the bullet tracers and finally saw the muzzle flash.
:lol :lol :lol

that moment was hilarious! i remember looking around and thinking "... well, he could be anywhere..."

and i shot down an Apache with a Hind just now! well, more like 30 minutes ago... but the Apache was shooting at tanks and didn't see us or saw us and didn't care. still not as awesome as seeing it happen in the sky above me!

Gui_PT

Forgive me for the dumb question, but I'm not familiar with this game. I'm asking this for a friend in need of help.

He wants to buy BBC2 Ultimate Edition which comes with "VIP Downloads"

There's some confusion to what VIP Downloads means. If he buys the game today, will he get all DLC to date for free? What about posterior DLC? Will he have to pay for any of that?

Again, sorry if it's a dumb question but EA's Forums were no help.

Appreciate it

Snowballo

Mr Sandman said:
Ranking stays the same across both games.

Thanks mate.
Are we sure about this? Have they confirmed?
So if I'm 30 I can start playing Vietnam and still grown.
If I'm 50 I can start playing Vietnam and gain nothing.
Right?

Gui_PT said:
Forgive me for the dumb question, but I'm not familiar with this game. I'm asking this for a friend in need of help.

He wants to buy BBC2 Ultimate Edition which comes with "VIP Downloads"

There's some confusion to what VIP Downloads means. If he buys the game today, will he get all DLC to date for free? What about posterior DLC? Will he have to pay for any of that?

Again, sorry if it's a dumb question but EA's Forums were no help.

Appreciate it
the "VIP Downloads" are basically access to the 7 "map packs" that have been released for the game so far. the ultimate edition also comes with the Onslaught (4p co-op) mode [$10 value] and Battlefield 1943 ($15 value), but doesn't come with the Specact skin/gun pack {$6 value}

the only new content that's scheduled is the Vietnam expansion pack, which will cost $15

Snowballo said:
Thanks mate.
Are we sure about this? Have they confirmed?
So if I'm 30 I can start playing Vietnam and still grown.
If I'm 50 I can start playing Vietnam and gain nothing.
Right?
right.

Gui_PT

the "VIP Downloads" are basically access to the 7 "map packs" that have been released for the game so far. the ultimate edition also comes with the Onslaught (4p co-op) mode [$10 value] and Battlefield 1943 ($15 value), but doesn't come with the Specact skin/gun pack {$6 value}

the only new content that's scheduled is the Vietnam expansion pack, which will cost $15

Many thanks :D

Effect

Think I finally figured out my system crashing issue. I had my graphics card in the last PCI-E slot. This new board comes with two but the second slot was really close to the bottom of the case. Didn't really dawn on me until I ordered a new PCI slot fan to put into the case. Then I noticed exactly where the card was. Moving that up to the first slot and then the fan I have then already to the very bottom so it's below the card has been keep things very cool running the game at full screen with explosions taking up the entire screen. I've been alt-entering and tabing out after dying a few times to check the temp and it's stayed low. I have two new fans coming though that I might not need for a while. I guess it's good to have some on hand. It wouldn't really be worth it to return them with the shipping cost and restocking fee. Only out a little over $10 anyway. I guess I can stick them in the other PCs in the house even though they don't need them. Computer can never be too cool I guess.

Is Vietnam a new campaign or just multiplayer maps?

derFeef

Anyone else having problems logging in into EA? I can´t play since the new patch. Firewalls, router etc. already checked.

edit: solved it, sorry.

Also - PC Gaf add my soldier "derFeef" :D

Arnie

I remember the first time I ever saw a helicopter go down in BC2 on some pre-release videos. Absolutely stunning effects.

For some reason after last nights play, I'm not as fond of Oasis Rush as I used to be. As an attacker, it felt like I would just aimlessly run to the first base before being taken out by one of the many snipers watching us. It seemed a bit skewed to long ranged combat. The second and third bases were much better though because there was slightly more cover to work your way to the crates.

360 Gaffers add me, I'm always up for a bit of Battlefield.

derFeef said:
Anyone else having problems logging in into EA? I can´t play since the new patch. Firewalls, router etc. already checked.

edit: solved it, sorry.

Also - PC Gaf add my soldier "derFeef" :D
cool.

Set up my game for optimal FPS and spotting during play.

So where does PC-GAF frequent? I'm in the mumble server but everyone is AFK...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Harvest Day is all kind of awesome

Top Bottom