• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

RS4-

Wow fuck, I hop on after not playing for months and I totally forget how to play :lol I got 5 mins in on Harvest before the match ended.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I like Harvest Day because you have several alternatives to attack the mcoms.
Wide Maps > Linear Maps. (At least on Battlefield)

Heavy Metal is crazy, Battlefield crazy.
And yeah i agree that Cold War is the less 'battlefield' map but i dont think its a bad thing. Its a nice change of pace.

All in all, Free DLC of the Mother effin Forever.

Useless Trivia: Some of the new maps (Harvest Day,Heavy Metal) are located in Argentina.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
How do you all memorize the names of the maps so quick, I still haven't fully memorized the names of the original ones. I played in a server with just new maps last night, and I think I got to play all the new ones. Its fun playing new maps where everything seems hectic and you don't know where the enemies are coming from, where the MCOM's are, where the stationary guns are etc. Makes it a lot less formulaic.
My favorite was the snow level rush map, only got to play it once as attack and once as defense but the first set so far seems really fun. I am really starting to love the smoke grenades, they can make a massive difference in attack on rush, although I have a tendency to go for the kill with the smoke grenade rather than switching back to assault rifle a little too much.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cuban Legend said:
names are easier to memorize than "snow rush map" now that theres 2 "snow rush maps" :D

There's three, you mean.

Nelson Bay (snow in the dark)
White Pass (snow in the morning)
Cold War (snow in the snow)

Nabs

i am so rusty :lol

Couldn't really play much last night since half the group had to download the patch through EA. <3 Steam

the maps seem nice for the most part.

KAOz

Short bus special
Fuck, I really hate retarded randoms. =/

Of course you are going to run out of ammo when your sitting far back on a fucking hill, far behind the main spawn point while defending, and trying to snipe (but failing miserably)!

Damnit.

Nabs said:
i am so rusty :lol

Couldn't really play much last night since half the group had to download the patch through EA. <3 Steam

the maps seem nice for the most part.

Was wondering why much of GAF wasn't playing...saw Spl1nter playing for a bit but no ne else. Should be able to play around 9 CST tonight.

Played a bit of Harvest Day and really liked it, though my team sucked, both on Attack and Defense. I really like what I saw, though.

And oh mah gah, G3 with red dot...so good.

EVIL

Anyone got the following message when update the game?
An error occurred:
Data error, please verify that downloaded files are complete and correct!

I downloaded the manual patch 2.6 gb (jezus christ), and it gave me the same message.

anyone know what to do?

TheSeks

Dabanton said:
Hmmm the new maps are missing from the playlist on 360 wtf?

Go to the store option. Download the update if you haven't?

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Was wondering why much of GAF wasn't playing...saw Spl1nter playing for a bit but no ne else. Should be able to play around 9 CST tonight.

I couldnt play a lot last night as I had my Italian final today, had to learn a language last night. Ill be on tonight.

EVIL

EVIL said:
Anyone got the following message when update the game?

I downloaded the manual patch 2.6 gb (jezus christ), and it gave me the same message.

anyone know what to do?
I tried reinstalling the game, but it gave me the same error after a few seconds.

whut to do!

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
when they have server resets or other trouble, it can make your gear disappear. It's only temporary. My friends and I got our gear back mid match one time and raped a bunch of kids that were still stuck with default gear :lol

AnimatorZombie said:
when they have server resets or other trouble, it can make your gear disappear. It's only temporary. My friends and I got our gear back mid match one time and raped a bunch of kids that were still stuck with default gear :lol

It eventually showed up again, it just got me really worried for a second. No way I want to go through unlocking everything again.

Coldsnap

Bad Company 2 on xbox 360 didn't update for me when I tried to play it today. Are the new maps actually out? I thought the release date was next week or something

charsace

Oasis fucking sucks because of the choppers and because there isn't enough AA to kill the dame choppers. There should be multiple AA guns at all the bases. Or remove the choppers. The way it is now is fucking retarded. I had a few matches on there yesterday where it was nothing but circl strafing choppers.

UFRA

We still doing a PS3-GAF reunion?

I won't make it tonight. I'll be gone most of the night until later. When I get home I'm just gonna pop in GT5 for a few hours.

I will make it tomorrow though. :D

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
charsace said:
Oasis fucking sucks because of the choppers and because there isn't enough AA to kill the dame choppers. There should be multiple AA guns at all the bases. Or remove the choppers. The way it is now is fucking retarded. I had a few matches on there yesterday where it was nothing but circl strafing choppers.
I'm still flummoxed by the difference between the PC version and the consoles when it comes to choppers. must make it hard to balance when it varies so greatly between platforms. I'm still not sure if the reason is the controls, or whether its just something that console gamers have latched onto and practiced more than PC gamers.

poppabk said:
I'm still flummoxed by the difference between the PC version and the consoles when it comes to choppers. must make it hard to balance when it varies so greatly between platforms. I'm still not sure if the reason is the controls, or whether its just something that console gamers have latched onto and practiced more than PC gamers.
Well they handle pretty much the same as the console helis for a long while now. It's just there's so many people that pack tracers that you're always getting traced. It's really easy to trace with a mouse. And AT4s are deadly with a mouse, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZopawHZvYU

I used to be up there with this dude, then I stopped using the AT4. Not sure where I stand now with it.

I had an awesome moment today where I was riding on the back of a quad and an enemy vehicle comes out of nowhere to chase us. As he's gaining on us he starts to open fire and quickly starts to hit us. Right before we get killed I remember I was an engineer, so I pull out my rocket launcher end up taking it out with one well placed hit. Moments like that are why I love this game, it was like a scripted event in the campaign but happened randomly during a multiplayer match.

OfficialBFBC2: #BFBC2 VIP Map Packs are now functioning properly. Get back to the Battlefield, soldiers!

Mr Sandman said:
Well they handle pretty much the same as the console helis for a long while now. It's just there's so many people that pack tracers that you're always getting traced. It's really easy to trace with a mouse. And AT4s are deadly with a mouse, too.

I used to be up there with this dude, then I stopped using the AT4. Not sure where I stand now with it.
the best part is when it goes clean thru the cabin!

Mr Sandman said:

Yeah. Rare for a chopper to last more than a few minutes on PC.

I find it so frustrating trying to shoot down a helicopter with anything shoulder-fired. Keeping the reticle of the AT4 on-target is nigh impossible. Has it gotten any easier to tracer dart the choppers? Why are there no heat-seeking or target-locking missiles? They exist in real life! I play 360, and I can see why it would be easier with a mouse, but I avoid maps like Atacama and Heavy Metal because of it.

TheSeks

Mr Sandman said:

AT4 is deadly in general. But on consoles it's hard to land it on a fast moving chopper. And the speed buff is WHOOSH and screwed up my AT4 guiding rocket skills (FUCK YOU DICE FOR THAT! ;___;). So we have to rely on tracers... which aren't the sure-counter... or hope they don't take out the anti-air. :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mhmhmh lovely night for a GAF night.
Gonna be playing in 5'.

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Mhmhmh lovely night for a GAF night.
Gonna be playing in 5'.

Too bad it's Burn Notice night, so you aren't getting me to play.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
*logs into XBL*

*logs into PSN*

Don't you mean:

"Theres no one online for me to play with"

*Downloads Steam and logs into PC*? :lol

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
if i had a gaming PC, i'd play there too.

I'll be playing tomorrow night for sure, so you better have your butt on PSN. :mad:

Tuesday's are my White Collar and Dirty Jobs when new episodes are on nights.
Wednesdays are my Psych and Mythbusters
and Thursdays are my Burn Notices.

So don't expect me on when those are new seasons.

The new maps are cool and all, but I like to play continuous rounds unless the team I am on is complete and total ass (which is not rare). I'll start out picking one of the new maps but as soon as we get to an "old" map 75% of the players quit and the game never refills, so I have to quit out and join another game in progress. Just kind of annoying.

Also, anyone on 360 can add me if they want, my GT is Billy Crystals. I'm on the GAF BFBC2 friend list, but I don't know if I've ever actually played with anyone on GAF.

I haven't played in a long time and I'm rusty as shit. I've been spending all my time on just Oasis trying to get to know the maps just one at a time before moving to the next one. Kids are still getting the jump on me and my aim isn't what it used to be but I forgot how fun this was.

Oh... and how I missed my tank mines. I love them so much I want to hug them like a small child. It never gets old planting them then like 7 minutes later getting a triple kill out of no where.

No_Style

Great games with Olimpia and Dreamgazer. Oasis Conquest is so good!

Also did my first pub game in a long time. People disappointment so much. :( It's ridiculous when I have like 4.5K in points and the next person is 1.5K or so.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I won't be on for a couple weeks... in the middle of finals. :/

My opinions on the new maps...

Harvest Day: Horrid sniper fest
Oasis: Great... great Conquest map
Heavy Metal: Way... way, way, way too big.
Cold War: Incredible Rush map

I guess 2/4 ain't bad.

Cold war is what White Pass Rush should have been. Great games tonight guys.

Shot 2 attack choppers with a tank today from pretty far back :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
My opinions on the new maps...

Harvest Day: Horrid sniper fest
Oasis: Great... great Conquest map
Heavy Metal: Way... way, way, way too big.
Cold War: Incredible Rush map

I guess 2/4 ain't bad.
Pretty much how I feel.

oh and i was playing on PS3, i saw abu on, was amazed to see crak not playing gt5, a few other peeps were playing too, we had like 7 gaffers, but seks was nowhere to be found. even jtrizzy was on!!!

I did say Thursday and Friday is going to be my BFBC2 nights. I'll join more if I get bored with GT5 B-spec grinding. I'm playing tomorrow as well.

Top Bottom