• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

Razor210 said:
There's a boat glitch now?

I might hang in AC:B multiplayer for a bit then....
The glitchers clip the boat through the ground getting under the map. All hell and cowardice breaks loose as bullets emerge underground.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
i bet that glitch wouldn't even work if friendly fire was on. stop noobing up the games DICE!

:lol It's funny because it's true. I'm sure it probably doesn't work in Hardcore.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DICE's New Year present : Check the BFBC2 blog.

Fersis said:
DICE's New Year present : Check the BFBC2 blog.
Or you can just tell us that they released Hastings for PS3/360 since they know people are shit slow to unlock it on console (and avoid console war fads).

That said: still waiting for PC discount... :/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
shagg_187 said:
Or you can just tell us that they released Hastings for PS3/360 since they know people are shit slow to unlock it on console (and avoid console war fads).

:D

Though i couldnt find it in the map list.

CozMick

Banned
Call me crazy but i'm about to triple dip for the 360 version, but that's not the only thing.

It's the Games on Demand version I want with the uber inflated prices and lack of VIP code :lol

So it's gonna cost me 3400 + 800 + 1200 allards.

Also, Is this boat glitch game breaking, is it avoidable and will it be fixed?

Thanks

Enkidu

shagg_187 said:

So did consoles just perform much slower than they anticipated? Seems odd to release it so early when PS3 wasn't even halfway there otherwise.

Are the average console players really that bad at using the team actions? I kind of get the spotting but I'm falling over medkits and ammokits in the PC version, they are all over the place.

CozMick

Banned
Going from the PS3 version 97% of players are snipers that open a squad and sit the furthest from the objective that is humanly possible. :lol

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Here is the blog post LINK

Since Fersis won't post it for those of us that don't really want to give DICE clicks because they're unlocking a map instead of fixing a fucking glitch in the expansion:

HAPPY NEW YEAR said:
It's safe to say that 2010 ended with a bang for the whole Battlefield community. December has been a month in which Battlefield: Bad Company 2 really proved it's weight as a first class FPS game with 4 additional new maps in Map Pack 7 and with the release of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, players received a total of 9 brand new maps to play on.

The Community Challenge was won by the PC players who managed to reach the 69 million mark first of all three platforms.

But, since we want to start this new year with a big of a bang as we ended it, we are enabling Operation Hastings for the PS3 and Xbox 360 as of today!

So cancel all your plans, turn on your tv's, fire up your consoles and let the Battle For Hastings begin!

So, in other words: We admit it was a shitty idea, PC players were faster to unlock a map and console players outside of GAF are shit sucks stupid. Enjoy a new map where you can probably PBR glitch while we go to the pub and don't fix this shit!

SMH, DICE.

Enkidu said:
So did consoles just perform much slower than they anticipated? Seems odd to release it so early when PS3 wasn't even halfway there otherwise.

Are the average console players really that bad at using the team actions? I kind of get the spotting but I'm falling over medkits and ammokits in the PC version, they are all over the place.

Many of us (PS3 gaf players) are just not bothering with Vietnam at the moment since we just don't want to be bothered with the annoyance of the PBR glitch.

That being said - the "free map giveaway" is such a cop out.

TheSeks

Hastings has boats right?

Considering 3 of the 4 (er-5 now) maps have boats, I'd say it's safe to assume one more + helicopters to where it's 2 Huey maps!

i'd rather it not be unlocked until the glitch is fixed.

Agreed.

maybe they can give the PC guys a gift too... like Onslaught...

Why, so they can practice games in private rooms? They can already do that, it's called "rent a server!" ;P

Kade

Hastings has boats right?

i'd rather it not be unlocked until the glitch is fixed.

maybe they can give the PC guys a gift too... like Onslaught...

Yep there are boats. They're pretty useless though (without the glitch, obviously) because Hastings has a lot of vertical terrain that boats can't see/hit.

subversus said:
huey glitch is ridiculous. Is it that hard to fix repairing spot?
Is that when someone if off the side of it with the repair tool facing up?

No wonder I had to direct impact with the RPG7 to knock down those damn choppers... It's really teaching me not to rely on the AT4's guiding mechanic, Learning to lead targets for fire-and-forget rockets is a bit of a fun challenge but that glitch has to go.

PCBC2GAF must've had lives because only Diabolical Bagel, Dani and I were playing together while on the Mumble Server for the most part last night...

TheSeks

Yep. Huey, Jeeps, PBR, Tuk-Tuk all on one map. In Conquest, anyway.

Haven't seen a glitcher yet *knock on wood*, but I'm sure it's possible to break the map there.

Edit: And... Hastings Rush is kinda shitty. All the maps are over hills and a short hop from the previous base. WTF. :lol

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
fuck this game. You could bring down a chopper from RPG in vanilla game, so repairing glitch wasn't as annoying as here.

2+ months period of waiting and a lot of positive word of mouth before acquiring any MP game from DICE from now on.

TheSeks

Repair glitch isn't that bad if you have a team focus on the chopper + Magnum Ammo.

It's annoying, sure, but it isn't overpowered. Unless that team is stacking armor + repairing constantly/staggering to avoid cooldown.

TheSeks said:
Repair glitch isn't that bad if you have a team focus on the chopper + Magnum Ammo.

It's annoying, sure, but it isn't overpowered. Unless that team is stacking armor + repairing constantly/staggering to avoid cooldown.
I'm not saying PC Battlefield players breeds better more advanced gameplay as opposed to consoles...

But when you get raped on PC, you get raped hard and smart. Staggered dual Engines in a Huey repairing is commonplace.

hitoshi

TheSeks said:
Haven't seen a glitcher yet *knock on wood*, but I'm sure it's possible to break the map there.l

Well, i just joined my first Hastings match on Xbox 360 and my teamates were already rocking it hard under the map, in a boat. So: great job, DICE. I hope it stays this way like the same exploit with sentries in TF2 on Xbox 360.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
But when you get raped on PC, you get raped hard and smart. Staggered dual Engines in a Huey repairing is commonplace.

Oh, I'm not saying it's not possible to be raped. But if that's the case, does the Huey really need a buff from all the cry babies that can't do that, seriously?

I hope it stays this way like the same exploit with sentries in TF2 on Xbox 360.

Why? So I leave the game like I did TF2 360? TF2 360 was pretty good for a port of a PC game (and IMO better without the bullshit class updates. But that's another discussion), but the skywalk glitchers and JTAG infections just killed the game for me. To the point where if I attempt to play the game on Live anymore, I can't select Spy/some classes in the room due to JTAG infections. Stupid.

I don't think the Huey needs to be buffed at all. Sure it goes down fast, but it is a transport chopper and not an attack chopper. Use it to paradrop troops in and the occasional missile strike when it's convenient. I've been able to stay in a chopper for a whole match, just by doing that and being smart about landing/repairing.

About the boat glitch. I am lucky enough to have not seen it or fall victim to it yet. I can imagine it's only a matter of time before I do, but hopefully DICE fixes it ASAP. Glitches like that on a new map pack are just bad for everyone and need to get taken care of.

Also, thanks to all the PC players who unlocked Hastings, thereby getting it unlocked for us console players. Can't wait to play it, it looks great.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
the fuck is a JTAG infection in TF2 360?

Modded rooms to where they have god mode/spawn items/etc.

Basically, they enable the console that's dummied out of the console release. I dunno why I can't select Spy and others in rooms, as TF2 360 normally doesn't have class restrictions, but I blame modded/JTAG for that. It kills the fun to see thousands of sentries and know I can't go around sapping sentries as Spy/attempt to break them to help the team.

Infection means I carry that class restriction with me no matter what room I go to. It's stupid.

Also, thanks to all the PC players who unlocked Hastings, thereby getting it unlocked for us console players. Can't wait to play it, it looks great.

Let me save you time: It isn't. Rush, if there is a good team (GAF), will steamroll it in five minutes as the bases are all right next to each other. Literally a 30 second climb up and over a hill to take the base.

Conquest is where the map is only semi-shitty, but it isn't that great either.

Much ado about nothing, IMO.

Wow I guess PC TF2 does have at least one thing over the 360 when you don't count the constant balances and updates Valve has graced us with.

TheSeks

Cuban Legend said:
Wow I guess PC TF2 does have at least one thing over the 360 when you don't count the constant balances and updates Valve has graced us with.

TF2 in general used to be good. But:

360: Modded bastards
PC: Class updates (IMO, which are all pretty bad with the exception of new gamemode/maps)

Killed my love for it. Within a year it was "honeymoon's over" for me.

I know it's meant to be played "for fun," but the class updates weren't fun for me. They're bullshit on release and Valve has to patch them buff/nerf them until they get it right, then they release another update that breaks/bullshits the game again. :/

dralla

TheSeks said:
Modded rooms to where they have god mode/spawn items/etc.

Basically, they enable the console that's dummied out of the console release. I dunno why I can't select Spy and others in rooms, as TF2 360 normally doesn't have class restrictions, but I blame modded/JTAG for that. It kills the fun to see thousands of sentries and know I can't go around sapping sentries as Spy/attempt to break them to help the team.

Infection means I carry that class restriction with me no matter what room I go to. It's stupid.

Let me save you time: It isn't. Rush, if there is a good team (GAF), will steamroll it in five minutes as the bases are all right next to each other. Literally a 30 second climb up and over a hill to take the base.

Conquest is where the map is only semi-shitty, but it isn't that great either.

Much ado about nothing, IMO.
can't be any worse than the other maps

TheSeks

dralla said:
can't be any worse than the other maps

That's the thing though: It is. Seriously, man, the Hasting's rush attack spawn is a 30 second walk over a hill to A/B first set. Take that? 1-2min walk over hills to A/B to the north. And then you head west/south or north/west from starting attack spawn over the river to the last set.

Literally if the defense sucks the round is over within 5-30 mins.

Conquest is a bit better as it's four flags and in a diamond shape. But trying to snipe there is a pain. It's worse when you're being sniped.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
TheSeks said:

If you're playing with your squad, sure. If you're playing alone or just with one friend then it's useless. 90% of games where I was playing ended up with the immortal chopper. I'm not playing Vietnam until they fix that. At least you could solve this problem with darts in vanilla.

Cuban Legend said:
I'm not saying PC Battlefield players breeds better more advanced gameplay as opposed to consoles...

Huey's can be annoying, but it's nowhere near game breaking. Even had an amazing circle-stafer last night and a couple of Medics concentrating their fire on it took it down every time. Took a little while, but we got it.

Hastings is fucking great, rush and conquest. My new favorite map.

TheSeks

Mr. Snrub said:
Huey's can be annoying, but it's nowhere near game breaking. Even had an amazing circle-stafer last night and a couple of Medics concentrating their fire on it took it down every time. Took a little while, but we got it.

See, that's what I'm thinking. Theoretically, stagger repair can keep it up. But concentrated fire and everyone working together (well, everyone with a few lookouts for the team sneaking in) could keep it down. Small-arms fire means you can take it down eventually, compared to the circle strafing "GOOD LUCK PUTTING A DART ON LOLZ" death helicopters of vanilla. But on PC, with more/faster acceleration, I could see the guns and stuff being a problem.

Hastings is fucking great, rush and conquest. My new favorite map.

I have no clue what the hell you're smoking. Hasting's rush is TERRIBLE. Maybe I'll come to enjoy it on GAF Steamrolling nights, but it's TERRIBLE to play.

Conquest isn't bad, but I'm not fond of it.

Then again, I love Vantage Point's design because it's sniper haven for sniper recons that can aim. So I'm weird and don't have much to back-myself up with.

GAF! I need your help!

I need someone in UK to buy two copies of BC2:Vietnam for me since its 5 pounds at the EA UK Store (after adding discount code HotUKDeals20%). I will paypal everything that is needed to be paypaled!

Please PM! D:

hitoshi

TheSeks said:
Oh, I'm not saying it's not possible to be raped. But if that's the case, does the Huey really need a buff from all the cry babies that can't do that, seriously?

Why? So I leave the game like I did TF2 360? TF2 360 was pretty good for a port of a PC game (and IMO better without the bullshit class updates. But that's another discussion), but the skywalk glitchers and JTAG infections just killed the game for me. To the point where if I attempt to play the game on Live anymore, I can't select Spy/some classes in the room due to JTAG infections. Stupid.

I was sarcastic, of course i hate it. I've been playing on Xbox 360 since day one and there were times where it was nearly unplayable, but since than, it normalized. I don't know what time zone are you living in but i can give some gamertags (my mates) who are reliable hosts. Notice: we (honestly) only play Dustbowl :) I've recently changed ISPs and now i'm capable of hosting too with my 120mbit connection.

as TF2 360 normally doesn't have class restrictions,

I don't understand that: the host CAN set the number of soldiers, spies etc - it's not a mod, its a feature, it was in the last (and honestly: the only) TF2 Xbox 360 update. Go into settings and see it for yourself!

Ontopic: what i can't really understand still is how in the hell is there no team balance on Xbox 360 in BF2: it was a day1 feature on PC, but you can still find servers very easily where there are at least 3-4 people more on one side then the other. Seriously...? Not to mention the winning screen bug, which has not been patched since May, it even moved itself into Vietnam too.

Last night, on Hastings, I damaged a helicopter and it landed to repair. I ran towards it and could see an engineer outside. But, I got a "Leaving the combat area" warning and timer. I noticed this happen several times. Is the heli able to land out of bounds, or was he just repairing for less than 10 seconds and taking off?

Fersis

adamsappel said:
Last night, on Hastings, I damaged a helicopter and it landed to repair. I ran towards it and could see an engineer outside. But, I got a "Leaving the combat area" warning and timer. I noticed this happen several times. Is the heli able to land out of bounds, or was he just repairing for less than 10 seconds and taking off?

Its possible to enter the chopper for a sec (Resets the Out of bounds timer) then exit and continue repairing it.

I like Operation Hastings Conquest i love vehicle based maps.

xclaw

Has there been any statement from Dice/EA acknowledging the glitch? It's pointless to play Vietnam now at least every match I get tossed into it's happening.

TheSeks

adamsappel said:

The helicopter has a bigger "out of bounds" area than tanks/jeeps/infantry. It's possible to land it out of bounds, get out for 6-8 seconds, get back in right before the suicide/timer hits 0 and get out repair it again.

Hitoshi said:
I don't understand that: the host CAN set the number of soldiers, spies etc - it's not a mod, its a feature, it was in the last (and honestly: the only) TF2 Xbox 360 update. Go into settings and see it for yourself!

Did it really? Because I didn't notice any extra changes or features since the game launched in 2007 for TF2 360.

I can't honestly see it as my 360 died, but that shit pissed me off. I'd join Dustbowl games and litereally only be able to pick Medic or some other class (Pyro?) while the enemy team had free range to pick whatever the fuck they wanted. I still say it's JTAG/modded consoles abusing XBL.

And Dustbowl is the only map I played with the exception of 2Fort and the Dish map. But then Dustbowl around mid-2008 started to get skywalkers out the ass to where I stopped playing.

Neodyn

Finally got to play some conquest Hastings and had a blast (so many tanks to blow up!). Unfortunately on my fourth go at Hastings I ended up against a group that was glitching under the geometry and sitting at the capture points. I was hoping this wasn't going to be a huge deal, but seeing how awful it makes the game I no longer have any interest in playing until they get it patched.

Q: Does my Vietnam XP adds to my rank ?
A: Yes. You can continue to level up with Vietanm.

Does this mean I'll have some weapons unlocked in Vietnam if I've played a bunch of Bad Company 2? I want to buy this, but there is no way I'm going back to the beginning of another unlock grind.

CaptainAhab said:
Q: Does my Vietnam XP adds to my rank ?
A: Yes. You can continue to level up with Vietanm.

Does this mean I'll have some weapons unlocked in Vietnam if I've played a bunch of Bad Company 2? I want to buy this, but there is no way I'm going back to the beginning of another unlock grind.
I think all the weapons are unlocked in 'Nam from the start, but the game can be used to unlock shit in Vanilla.

Mr Sandman said:
I think all the weapons are unlocked in 'Nam from the start, but the game can be used to unlock shit in Vanilla.

Such good news. Bad Company 2 would have been my favorite game this year if I wasn't still waiting to try out like half of the guns and perks.

CaptainAhab said:
Such good news. Bad Company 2 would have been my favorite game this year if I wasn't still waiting to try out like half of the guns and perks.
Actually you might have to unlock the perks like mag ammo and double nades now that I think about it...? I remember one time my stats weren't working and I couldn't slap perks on (Nam).

Top Bottom