• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

I kind of feel the same way about the first set of MCOMs in Vantage Point...but for as many times as I've lost (as defender), I've also won as attacker. If you have a good team that takes advantage of the right flank (behind the tank), it's really not that difficult. I think the absolute clusterfuck-ness of it is pretty fun :lol

The second set of MCOMs on Vantage Point has a super choke point too. The big rock in front of alpha is PERFECT for setting up as a Medic. You get MONSTER points healing, reviving, and shooting anyone trying to come up the hill on your left and right.

The only thing I can really complain about right now on PC is a packed Huey with engineers. Almost impossible to take down if it's a good pilot...wish the NVA had a mounted gun or two. Also, most conquest maps seem to be heavily dependent on capturing the middle or B point...if you can hold that, you'll most likely win.

Anyone notice that people just don't spot or try to take out tanks as quickly? Extremely frustrating for a tank to be sitting out in the open, pulverizing people, and no one else is trying to take it out.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
recklessmind said:
Btw guys... that Recon TNT is far easier to throw than C4. You can toss it quite a distance very consistently. In vanilla C4 has a habit of dropping at your feet even when you jumpshot it, but it hasn't happened to me at all in BCV... try it out. It's like carrying extra grenades.
I have been having the opposite experience, I could throw C4 all over the place but all my TNT seems like it is stuck to my hands and falls right at my feet.

blurrygil

InfectedZero said:
I will be on at midnight and need squadmates. 360 here. GT - pC InfectedZero

AWESOME playing with you and the others.

GAF, you have restored my faith in squad-based gaming...seriously.

Some epic 360 rounds last night. My triple vehicle kill was a first! 460 pts w/ one RPG shot. :lol

And I HATE Vantage Rush for that first set of MCOMS. It's a comeplete murder tunnel in there. I was the only one to flank right and get my gf (yesh, she plays BC2 beetches!!!) and the rest of the squad over to the B-com. Got to that and created a maddening firefight. Distracted long enough for the rest of the team to throw forward and take A-com. They couldnt focus their efforts on both and we finally pushed. Failed when we got to the hill, however.

Guh...that map is a fkin death blender for the attacking side. Down to under 10 tix for each base.

And I loved every minute of it.

olimpia84

Anybody dare face a team like this?

2rc8nmh.jpg

For those that are not in the PS3 scene, all 12 players are gaffers :D
I think this is the second time we managed to get a full team, the other being a White Pass Conquest round a few months ago.

blurrygil

olimpia84 said:

2rc8nmh.jpg

I think this is the second time we managed to get a full team, the other being a White Pass Conquest round a few months ago.

:'(

wish we had that many 360 GAFers...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
olimpia84 said:

2rc8nmh.jpg

Whats great is that there are more Gaffers than those too !!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I must have just got off when you took that! :lol

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Fersis said:
Whats great is that there are more Gaffers than those too !!

I need to play with you guys again. I think I've only done it once. You're on my friendlist, I'm Ragnar on PSN.

Evolved1

Captain Pants said:
I need to play with you guys again. I think I've only done it once. You're on my friendlist, I'm Ragnar on PSN.

Add me (evolved1) I'm off from classes and not working much atm (cold weather) so I'm on quite a bit and have almost all gaffers on my FL. Good way to get in on our games.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
recklessmind said:
Add me (evolved1) I'm off from classes and not working much atm (cold weather) so I'm on quite a bit and have almost all gaffers on my FL. Good way to get in on our games.

Cool! I'll make a note to add you when I get off of work.

Marvie_3

Banned
djgil said:
AWESOME playing with you and the others.

GAF, you have restored my faith in squad-based gaming...seriously.

Some epic 360 rounds last night. My triple vehicle kill was a first! 460 pts w/ one RPG shot. :lol

And I HATE Vantage Rush for that first set of MCOMS. It's a comeplete murder tunnel in there. I was the only one to flank right and get my gf (yesh, she plays BC2 beetches!!!) and the rest of the squad over to the B-com. Got to that and created a maddening firefight. Distracted long enough for the rest of the team to throw forward and take A-com. They couldnt focus their efforts on both and we finally pushed. Failed when we got to the hill, however.

Guh...that map is a fkin death blender for the attacking side. Down to under 10 tix for each base.

And I loved every minute of it.
Good games last night. :D

Had about 7 kills in a 10 second span on Hill 137. It was up towards the high entrance to that cave and I was just hiding out inside. 4 guys came around the corner and I laid into all of them. A medic came running up and starting reviving people so I just kept firing until they were all down. I love 200 round clips. :lol :lol

Coldsnap

djgil said:
:'(
wish we had that many 360 GAFers...

I have been trying to unite the 360 GAFers for like 4 months now! Lets do it! There are a few of us but we just don't play together. I constantly check the GAF tag.

Pennybags

Coldsnap said:
I have been trying to unite the 360 GAFers for like 4 months now! Lets do it! There are a few of us but we just don't play together. I constantly check the GAF tag.

I wouldn't mind. My few times playing with a group have been pretty enjoyable.

Consul

Arrrghhh! Tried to purchase this today since i had a spare £10 on the debit card. I then realised i only had 120 Microsoft Points & i could only afford the 1000 points package for £8.50 and not the extra 500 for £4.25 I'm fucking 80 points off with enough REAL money to purchase it and raging that Microsoft would implement such a ridiculous scheme. This is the first time its bit me in the ass and i'm not happy.

I've biten, 360 gaf whar you at?

GT: CriscoGiant

I'm about to hop on for an hour or so, got work at 5. My room mate will likely be playing from 5-12, but then I'll hop back on.

I want to punch a fucking wall. The game finally fucking comes out and when I go to buy I get some bullshit saying that the credit card information on file is not valid.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUck.

Razor210 said:
I remember seeing quite a few games with you at the bottom (people were basically rotating the ace spot)

I was never at the very bottom. Striketh always managed to score below me :D
Except for those few games where I was just coming in and out of games.

Technically I should not have bothered jumping onto the full GAF bandwagon, I was raking in 3-4 ace pins just playing with memorycure and neoparadigm alone yesterday:lol

abuC

When you pick gametype make sure it's Rush or conquest, that way it'll cycle through more than just the 4 rush maps.

abuC said:
When you pick gametype make sure it's Rush or conquest, that way it'll cycle through more than just the 4 rush maps.
From my experience it usually just stick you with whatever game type you got for the first game. Did they change that?

Coldsnap

sw33tclyde said:

I'm about to hop on for an hour or so, got work at 5. My room mate will likely be playing from 5-12, but then I'll hop back on.

Add the Gaf xbox 360 tag, so you can check its friendslist and see who is playing.

abuC

Dreamgazer said:
From my experience it usually just stick you with whatever game type you got for the first game. Did they change that?

I don't know to be honest, I always thought it would stick you in random games of either one.

Evolved1

abuC said:
I don't know to be honest, I always thought it would stick you in random games of either one.

Unfortunately... I think dream is correct. You're stuck in whatever server it drops you in. They apparently don't have any servers that run mixed gametypes.

They should though... would be a good way to keep Vietnam (BC2 in general) feeling fresh.

blurrygil

Coldsnap said:

I've been meaning to FL you. I've got you jotted as someone in my notes for people to add.

Marvie, InfectedZero and one other had a BLAST last nite. Well, I did. Some of my best games evar in BC2.

Tonight is a big maybe, perhaps late around 9-10p PST ill be on. But I've got shiz to do. Making room for a new Street Fighter II:HF cab coming tomorrow!!! :D :D

blurrygil

sw33tclyde said:

Are you PST? I'll join you post-midnite if that's the case.

On my list, good sir.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Btw guys... that Recon TNT is far easier to throw than C4. You can toss it quite a distance very consistently. In vanilla C4 has a habit of dropping at your feet even when you jumpshot it, but it hasn't happened to me at all in BCV... try it out. It's like carrying extra grenades.

And again... the M40 is like death incarnate.

I must've fired up BCV right after you went offline... :(

But yeah, first map I played with GAF it was 11v2 and I spawned as a sniper with the M40. Sooo good.

And yeah, the FT isn't for 1v1 but I did ok with it, the LW perk made a big difference. I could strafe and get behind cover and then pop back out. Got 22 kills with it last night. I probably scared a few people, I was laughing it up when i caught a squad of attackers hiding in the back getting ready to attack the last Mcom, roasted the whole group. Kinda surprised Dice added the vfx for burn victims. :/

...Vietnam is proving to be a frustrating experience. Kind of a love/hate relationship. Really difficult to play with random players, no one seems to be on the same page most of the time.

So pretty much everybody on PS3 BC is going to Vietnam and leaving regular BC2? =[ I dont want to spend 15 bucks to play with all of you awesome people. (Even Seks)

dkeane

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
...Vietnam is proving to be a frustrating experience. Kind of a love/hate relationship. Really difficult to play with random players, no one seems to be on the same page most of the time.
People are just learning the maps, in a week or so attackers and defenders will be equally predictable :)

BrLvgThrChmstry said:

Vietnam is great (but a bit too easy) for the players who have always been doing things right.

However, for kids who have been doing things wrong/solo - the game is worse than ever since crate-C4, vehicle jihad, super long distance sniping, chopper circle strafing, rocket sniping, just doesn't work so well anymore.

Heck, I saw a random so desperate yesterday he decided to flamethrower the m-com instead of arming it.....

Then there's the usual BS that got transferred from vanilla like - "I must run assault 24/7"

1-D_FTW

AcridMeat said:
I need PC GAF teammates, I am so sick of people who don't spot and won't go to objectives. :(

If you don't mind just issuing orders, I'll follow you obi-wan. EA nickname is identical to my Steam ID.

1-D_FTW said:
If you don't mind just issuing orders, I'll follow you obi-wan. EA nickname is identical to my Steam ID.

I was playing with a gaffer (bamfslap) and a buddy last night--our squad tore it up. I can never remember who bamfslap is on GAF :lol He's really good, though.

Add me, I have a flight in the morning, so I'm pulling an all nighter tonight on Vietnam:

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

Be sure to get on the Mumble server too.

Also, PC MASTER RACE CONFIRMED

360: 993 988 team actions
PS3: 566 754 team actions
PC: 1 932 950 TEAM ACTIONS

meppi

The hell.
Bought the DLC, started it up and i noticed I was at level 0 again.

After playing a bit, I went back to the regular online game and I've lost everything I've unlocked so far and also have to start from squat. :mad:

meppi said:
The hell.
Bought the DLC, started it up and i noticed I was at level 0 again.

After playing a bit, I went back to the regular online game and I've lost everything I've unlocked so far and also have to start from squat. :mad:

This is a minor bug that happens on some big releases/patches. Don't worry, it should restore in a few hours.

blurrygil

3.5m actions already?

F**k yeah!!!

Back to the front lines boys....go go go go go!!!!

I thought this would take WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY longer...

Edit; I'm a 'tard. It's PER PLATFORM.

I'll still take 1m on 360 however... :D

Top Bottom