• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

1-D_FTW

Protip for any noobs who just purchased both on Steam: the regular version is a lot more beginner friendly at the moment. The hardcore is playing Vietnam and there's lot of level 1 and 2s running around the main game.

abuC

GAF pilots when you start getting hit by fire....dive and weave between the trees, the huey is really agile.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Fun moment: raining grenades and bullets (mostly grenades!) over 'C' on Hill 137 conquest; watching unsuspecting PS3 gaffers scatter like ants. I managed to a get a nice amount of kills. Ambushes ftw!

Haha... I was getting annoyed, you were the only one killing me! :lol

At one point space opened up, so I sent an invite to get you off the other side, but I guess you were enjoying yourself too much. Eventually you joined and I was like, "Omg finally, fucker."

:D Good job holding off the gaf steamroll while your were over there.

abuC said:
GAF pilots when you start getting hit by fire....dive and weave between the trees, the huey is really agile.

I rode with you a couple times as an engineer... but I couldn't repair the chopper while flying. How do you do it? I tried everything. :/

abuC said:

Dude, you are an amazing pilot. That or I'm just really really bad. Whenever I attempt to fly, I always lose control and nose dive into the ground. Then again, the controls are really hard to get used to. By the way, what control scheme do you use for flying?

Evolved1

-Yeti said:
Dude, you are an amazing pilot. That or I'm just really really bad. Whenever I attempt to fly, I always lose control and nose dive into the ground. Then again, the controls are really hard to get used to. By the way, what control scheme do you use for flying?

Best way to learn to fly (if you're going to be playing a lot of BC2) is to consider picking up Onslaught... there's an attack chopper in the first spawn of Atacama Desert. You can practice and mess around with the different control schemes. The mode itself is kinda shitty, and hardly anyone plays. But if you do offline it's very good heli practice.

I'm not the greatest pilot... but I'm an ace compared to what I used to be. Used to only be able to nurse a stolen heli back to our base for someone else to fly, but now I have my moments.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, the Huey is really fast. I piloted one in a public Rush game toward the end of the losing round (SMH Randoms), but it seems less heavy and more agile than the BC2 vanilla choppers. I'm scared to think of the people that will level up on them.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm about to hop on - and I'm a pretty good heli pilot myself. I played an onslaught game yesterday and I still had the skills, so at least I can redeem myself with that until I can aim again :lol

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
Man, the choke point situation for the attackers at the beginning of Vantage Point is nasty. Not sure how that made it through playtesting...

Evolved1

AnimatorZombie said:
Man, the choke point situation for the attackers at the beginning of Vantage Point is nasty. Not sure how that made it through playtesting...

There should be a path that leads immediately up to the road on the right side. They need to give Attackers another way out of that mess. An earlier path (still in the black) would be a way for them to at least get out of death valley.

The path that's there right now isn't enough. They need to add another.

You wonder how they don't see stuff like this, but then I think of the original design choices for White Pass. :lol

edit: honestly I think VP is pretty shitty all around... and I'm already sick of playing it.

The original White Pass was awesome. Now the defenders spawn right next to the crate. Nice. Even with the D2.0s the tickets went by so quick that it was easy to defend.

Vantage Point is a pain to attack, but it sure it fun to defend. Lots of TNT multi kill traps. :D If your whole team rushes off the bat it's possible. Just don't let them push the team back.

i wasn't too hot on the flamethrower until i got used to the range, now i love it! one thing i don't like is how most of those huts have an invincible frame that stops my tanks :(

and i totally was expecting tanks in Hill 137 Conquest.

is it just me or is it kinda shady how the only CQ overhead DICE showed was from Phu Bai Valley, it's like they knew people would complain about the other layouts...

Mr Sandman said:
The original White Pass was awesome. Now the defenders spawn right next to the crate. Nice. Even with the D2.0s the tickets went by so quick that it was easy to defend.
yeah, White Pass is now fun to attack and defend past the first base instead of boring or frustrating!

Vantage Point is a pain to attack, but it sure it fun to defend. Lots of TNT multi kill traps. :D If your whole team rushes off the bat it's possible. Just don't let them push the team back.
yeah, the first 60 seconds of that map determines the outcome of the first base in most games i played. off to the races!

TheSeks

SMH for GAF members (*cough*strike and memory cure*cough*) NOT THROWING OUT AMMO PACKS DESPITE THE FLIPPING AMMO ICON HOVERING OVER ME.

PROTIP: Anyone not assault with an ammo icon over their head on hover, NEEDS AMMO. I shouldn't have to flipping ask. :|

TheSeks said:
SMH for GAF members (*cough*strike and memory cure*cough*) NOT THROWING OUT AMMO PACKS DESPITE THE FLIPPING AMMO ICON HOVERING OVER ME.

PROTIP: Anyone not assault with an ammo icon over their head on hover, NEEDS AMMO. I shouldn't have to flipping ask. :|
that's one thing i miss about BC1. friendly fire.

OldJadedGamer said:
The more I play Vietnam, the more I fall in love with it. I'm loving pretty much every map and new change they made.
how's Vantage Point on Hardcore?

edit: oh snap, the M40 is a 1HK on HC at any distance right?

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:

edit: oh snap, the M40 is a 1HK on HC at any distance right?

With Magnum Ammo, I think. Yes. Not that it matters as I just Bronzed it tonight. Seems the PS3 stat servers are back.

hat's one thing i miss about BC1. friendly fire.

Flipping seriously. Memory SPAWNS ON ME AND RUNS PAST FIVE FUCKING TIMES. I'm sitting there "SMH >:|" while using up the rest of my sniper ammo trying to cover A. We lose, because I'm running out of ammo and trying to make shots count.

And I knifed Toda tonight. PSN message: "Dick!" :lol

i wasn't too hot on the flamethrower until i got used to the range, now i love it! one thing i don't like is how most of those huts have an invincible frame that stops my tanks :(

That and flamethrower doesn't do damage to them, nor can you totally raze them to the ground.

It's a bit disappointing. Like BF1943/"Frostbite 1.5" :/

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
TheSeks said:
With Magnum Ammo, I think. Yes. Not that it matters as I just Bronzed it tonight. Seems the PS3 stat servers are back.

Flipping seriously. Memory SPAWNS ON ME AND RUNS PAST FIVE FUCKING TIMES. I'm sitting there "SMH >:|" while using up the rest of my sniper ammo trying to cover A. We lose, because I'm running out of ammo and trying to make shots count.

And I knifed Toda tonight. PSN message: "Dick!" :lol
Maybe that's just his Christmas wish list.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
A. We lose, because I'm running out of ammo and trying to make shots count.

You lost cause the GAF Doppelgänger was beasting! :lol

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
You lost cause the GAF Doppelgänger was beasting! :lol

That, too. But mostly because I didn't have sniper ammo to support more. At the end of the round I was literally 003/000 in the M40.

And my M40 Bronze better hold. I took those rounds to bronze it, and it isn't showing up on my stats page yet. Fix this shit, DICE.

Also trying to snipe A is funky. If I put some more time into it (and using the SVD to spam quick shots), I could probably go for heads on the disarmers. I kept attempting it only to hit their body. Guess I need to be a little more risky with my bullet drop calculations.

Evolved1

Those were fun games guys... getting late though. Need to sleep.

OldJadedGamer said:
The more I play Vietnam, the more I fall in love with it. I'm loving pretty much every map and new change they made.

I love everything that isn't vantage point. Fucking hate that map. It's just the most stupid design. I'd rather just have three maps than that pos.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
I love everything that isn't vantage point. Fucking hate that map. It's just the most stupid design. I'd rather just have three maps than that pos.

Vantage Point wouldn't be bad if you could out of bounds antics and sneak past the tank. You can't crouch to pass the tank to sneak behind it. You have to jump over it, giving yourself away. WTF, DICE. :/ And there is some jumps I'm trying to make that can't seem to happen due to the slope of the rocks. If I had it my way, doing a trick jump up could give the attackers a slightly better position to spawn through and try to meatgrinder to A.

Evolved1

Man I had some fun flying the huey tonight... had toda in there repairing... slinging that thing around, down through the trees is too much fun. Guys in the guns were like wtf and I'm like "Im trying to get away from their fire" haha yeah right I was mainly just messing around. :lol

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Had a helluva time tonight with the PC GAFBC2 crowd. It was amazing playing with a group that coordinated and communicated (not to mention shootin' the shit). We went and busted balls for the most part, except when history had to take precedence... :lol

Looking forward to playing with Anton Sugar, AcridMeat, and the rest of the GAF Company Bros in the future.

Man, I really enjoy being a Medic, but I die a lot. :lol

I should probably stop trying to be a hero and think before I go out and heal someone.

It's the map I've played the second least and only on Rush... should actually try Conquest since I'm a big Conquest guy. I am playing in Hardcore and it's been super fun, very concentrated with choke points but in a good way. I've been using the flame thrower mostly and just straight lighting people up. Since I don't really play anything but hardcore it's hard to say how it's different. I'm winning half and losing half which is perfect.

Love the placement of the MCOM's and it seems pretty balanced enough so far, but my opinion may change later.

WTFFFF11!

I hate randoms... And I hate Vantage/Spawncamp point. Worst combo ever. Ok, I'm grenade spamming the opposing team to hell (consisting of some gaffers). I repeatedly blow up Jtrizzy, I continue to laugh at his misfortune. Then my team (full of randoms) decides "Eff it, we'll let 'em win!" and we proceed to get nearly steamrolled by strike, Wes, Jtrizzy, and rest of their team. Victory was so close...

1stStrike

Banned
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
WTFFFF11!

I hate randoms... And I hate Vantage/Spawncamp point. Worst combo ever. Ok, I'm grenade spamming the opposing team to hell (consisting of some gaffers). I repeatedly blow up Jtrizzy, I continue to laugh at his misfortune. Then my team (full of randoms) decides "Eff it, we'll let 'em win!" and we proceed to get nearly steamrolled by strike, Wes, Jtrizzy, and rest of their team. Victory was so close...

They were pissing me off. I eventually broke through and just hammered anyone that came down the hill. You guys put up a good fight, but once we got past the first set it was easy. I got B on the second set - some guy was hiding in a house camping it, my teammate and I took him out and then I rpg'd and uzi'd 3 guys as they went for the mcom :D

That was a nice come back match, but in the end I was just like "fuck, I'm glad that shit is over" instead of "sweet, we won!' I just can't believe how terrible that map is.

Nabs

AcridMeat said:
I love PC GAF. :D

I'm annoying, I know. :lol
nah, that shit was pretty funny actually. we should play sometime tomorrow. if you see me launch up bc2 feel free to follow, or idle in the mumble channel until someone joins. i notice bc2 groups snowball in record time.

AcridMeat

Banned
Nabs said:
nah, that shit was pretty funny actually. we should play sometime tomorrow. if you see me launch up bc2 feel free to follow, or idle in the mumble channel until someone joins. i notice bc2 groups snowball in record time.

Definitely, I'm the same name on steam if I didn't add you already.

Tons of ace pins tonight:D

I would have felt bad killing some gaffers tonight, but there were so many cheap randoms in the other team (especially that moron who spent the whole game sniping.) that I really can't.

1stStrike said:
That was a nice come back match, but in the end I was just like "fuck, I'm glad that shit is over" instead of "sweet, we won!' I just can't believe how terrible that map is.

Samehere. Once you guys ran through the second set of crates, I pretty much threw in towel. VP needs some serious tweaking (at the very least). But I had a blast tonight, I occasionally enjoy the challenge of playing against fellow gaffers :D

Dream: "Alright, I'm done with rush for now. Anyone want to go for some conquest"
*LONG SILENCE*
Dream: "...I'll take that as a no."
*wes and crack laughs*

Dreamgazer said:
Tons of ace pins tonight:D

I would have felt bad killing some gaffers tonight, but there were so many cheap randoms in the other team (especially that moron who spent the whole game sniping.) that I really can't.

Yeah there were some annoying players on that team. I remember one guy kept spamming grenades over at Bravo on that really small map. (I think it's Vantage point?) It was so annoying! :lol

Yeah that map is a clusterfuck. Attackers get grenade spammed to hell and back. Wes and I was talking about how bad the first checkpoint was when we had 20 tickets left. I lost hope early on and sniped the top guy on your team over and over. He was another clan though. Something UMT.

Dude that was me, Lmao -- I kept chucking grenades over the rocks, toward the cliff and grenade launch spamming the small chokepoint. My team wasn't going to make it A or B. Figured grenades might help... Lol.

Edit: I got you twice with my random nades memorycure<handgrenade>UnbornYeti. Hah.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Dude that was me, Lmao -- I kept chucking grenades over the rocks, toward the cliff and grenade launch spamming the small chokepoint. My team wasn't going to make it A or B. Figured grenades might help... Lol.

Edit: I got you twice with my random nades memorycure<handgrenade>UnbornYeti. Hah.

Haha, so you're memorycure then. Damn you! :lol

I guess it was my fault for going to the same place over and over again though.

Mœbius

Hello boys... this is my current schedule:

1. Finish work in 2 hours.
2. Grab some food on way home.
3. Turn on PS3 and purchase/download Vietnam.
4. Eat with wife.
5. Fuck my wife.
6. Shower.
7. Install complete - Play Vietnam.

See you all online later. You on tonight Reckless?

Mœbius

if you already have the 1.05 update (Map Pack 7) all you download is an unlock key. that gives you a few seconds max to do 4-7
lol. I have it already yes; thanks for the info. ;)

Top Bottom