• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

Ocho

Dreamgazer said:
From my experience it usually just stick you with whatever game type you got for the first game. Did they change that?

That's my experience as well. If they changed it, that'd be great. I'd like a rush > conquest > rush > conquest > etc rotation.

olimpia84 said:
unsurprisingly PS3 will be dead last unlocking the new level :lol

Surprisingly PS3 BFBC2 squad is still way better/better than the 360 counterpart (step it up 360 bfbc2 community! get more people in).:D

(PC probably has us beat now with the recent steam sale, although it's a question how long people will stay a month or two from now.)

olimpia84 said:
unsurprisingly PS3 will be dead last unlocking the new level :lol

The numbers look right given the difference in the PS3 and 360 install base, the fact that EU PS3 had it delayed and that the PC pack was released early.

1stStrike

Banned
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
...Vietnam is proving to be a frustrating experience. Kind of a love/hate relationship. Really difficult to play with random players, no one seems to be on the same page most of the time.

I was laughing last night because I was watching the radar in one game and every area was going in a different direction. I was just like "Oh for fuck sakes..." :lol

AcridMeat

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
If you don't mind just issuing orders, I'll follow you obi-wan. EA nickname is identical to my Steam ID.

Heck yeah I can do those things.

Mr. Snrub said:
I was playing with a gaffer (bamfslap) and a buddy last night--our squad tore it up. I can never remember who bamfslap is on GAF :lol He's really good, though.

Add me, I have a flight in the morning, so I'm pulling an all nighter tonight on Vietnam:

Steam: anton_sugar
EA: Anton Sugar

Be sure to get on the Mumble server too.

I need to redownload mumble. Funny, I actually have you on steam already. :lol

I guess we just need to assemble!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Mr. Snrub said:
360: 993 988 team actions
PS3: 566 754 team actions
PC: 1 932 950 TEAM ACTIONS

I wonder why they chose 69 million team actions. I think I have a dirty juvenile mind.

Huggers

Loving this on PS3, stat tracking aside. Seriously sort your shit out.

The Vietnam feel is brilliant, little details like dirty scopes on sniper rifles really add to the feel of it. So far it's way less snipey too which I appreciate. Way too many Recon players. Playing with randoms is as fucking annoying as ever, it seems no one spots, ever. I spot my ass off but very rarely do I see others doing it.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Well, now I'm really not sure if increased damage is good actually. I mean I really have no time to react in Conquest where people are going from everywhere if I play it like vanilla Bad Company. Gameplay = crouch somewhere close to your team but not with them and pick up easy targets =/= cool. No more mad firefights in close quarters, everyone works at distance. I mean I was easily killing defenders on Phu Bai at MCOMs from my base using M16. Most times I don't even see them, I just shoot at marks or micromovements. That feels different, tactical but there's no balls to the wall gameplay which made me like Bad Company series.

I think playing too much Quake 2 as a kid spoiled me forever. I hate camping.

Xater

This is an amazing piece of DLC. This is way more in depth than a fucking map pack and I really don't feel bad paying for it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
No_Style said:
Dude, that's a lot of PS3 GAF folks who bought this!
Thats how we roll.

Last night i saw like 12 - 14 gaffers playing NAM (And it wasnt even up on Eurasia!) :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:
Seriously. It's just a console war.

I mean not having my stats... they've been down all day. And I've gotten like 5-6 ace pins and a bunch of kills today, nothing is counting.

I'm annoyed by it.

subversus said:
Well, now I'm really not sure if increased damage is good actually. I mean I really have no time to react in Conquest where people are going from everywhere if I play it like vanilla Bad Company. Gameplay = crouch somewhere close to your team but not with them and pick up easy targets =/= cool. No more mad firefights in close quarters, everyone works at distance. I mean I was easily killing defenders on Phu Bai at MCOMs from my base using M16. Most times I don't even see them, I just shoot at marks or micromovements. That feels different, tactical but there's no balls to the wall gameplay which made me like Bad Company series.

I think playing too much Quake 2 as a kid spoiled me forever. I hate camping.

Really? I find close firefights happen more frequently in the games I've played. Very rarely sniped or shot/killed from a distance.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Playing with randoms with this damage increase, SMH. And half the time they can't drive a vehicle/support a gunner worth a damn. SMH.

Edit: And "Panda204" is a fucking manchild that needs to go back to Halo.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dreamgazer said:
Surprisingly PS3 BFBC2 squad is still way better/better than the 360 counterpart (step it up 360 bfbc2 community! get more people in).:D

(PC probably has us beat now with the recent steam sale, although it's a question how long people will stay a month or two from now.)
We're trying! :lol

Edit: I'm on the GAF list but if anyone wants to add me, my GT is in my profile.

Razor210

TheSeks said:
Playing with randoms with this damage increase, SMH. And half the time they can't drive a vehicle/support a gunner worth a damn. SMH.

Edit: And "Panda204" is a fucking manchild that needs to go back to Halo.
Sekoku story time yay

No_Style

Fersis said:
Thats how we roll.

Last night i saw like 12 - 14 gaffers playing NAM (And it wasnt even up on Eurasia!) :lol

Kinda making me regret not getting this, but I'm going to stand by my principles!

PC GAF: I'll be on tonight around 9-10 CST and will be playing most of the night (have an early flight). Hit me up if you wanna play:

On a side note, I can't wait till we have separated the wheat from the chaff so I no longer feel compelled to post my info every new page :lol Hope we get a good group of regulars.

Max

I am not Max
Mr. Snrub said:
PC GAF: I'll be on tonight around 9-10 CST and will be playing most of the night (have an early flight). Hit me up if you wanna play:

On a side note, I can't wait till we have separated the wheat from the chaff so I no longer feel compelled to post my info every new page :lol Hope we get a good group of regulars.
Added you on Steam. Also hoping for a group of regulars

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
Sekstory time yay

There's really no story.

Edit: Also Faceless, you're right. There is one bolt-action sniper, but it bolts so fast that it just doesn't seem like it is. :lol

I really wish the stats server was working. :|

God, Vantage Point is such a complete piece of shit map. I am quite certain that the only way to win as the attacker is if you are fortunate enough to play against some of the worst gamers in the world.

todahawk

No_Style said:
Kinda making me regret not getting this, but I'm going to stand by my principles!

JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US JOIN US

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
nothing beats turning a corner and burning a squad of 4 to a crisp.

Shut up and play on PS3.

And because of Vietnam's stupid killspeed with lag, my KDR went down by .01! :|

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
AcridMeat said:
I guess we just need to assemble!

Added Anton Sugar, as I'm looking for a regular PC GAF squad too. Sick of randoms not knowing the basics of teamplay.

Steam: Oldats [qt3]
EA ID: KyouG

I can hop on Mumble too. Looking forward to playing with you folks tonight [and beyond]! :D

1stStrike

Banned
the_prime_mover said:
God, Vantage Point is such a complete piece of shit map. I am quite certain that the only way to win as the attacker is if you are fortunate enough to play against some of the worst gamers in the world.

Or play with an entire team of gaffers. I completely sucked ass yesterday, but the rest of the team steam rolled everyone :lol

Razor210

the_prime_mover said:
It depends on whether the defense pushes up to A at the beginning. If they fight off the initial wave...good luck.

Fun games tonight guys! Playing with people that actually know what they're doing is so much better than playing with randoms. I think I found my favorite class, which would be Medic. It's so fun running around reviving and healing people, plus you get a ton of points. :D

rac

Banned
I just bought vietnam tonight on steam and it keeps saying my cd key has already been used. Anyone else having that problem?

Fun moment: raining grenades and bullets (mostly grenades!) over 'C' on Hill 137 conquest; watching unsuspecting PS3 gaffers scatter like ants. I managed to a get a nice amount of kills. Ambushes ftw!

...someone eventually found me (twice). Hill 137 is hands down my favorite map, the other map with the choppers, tanks, and tiny scooters (?) comes in second. Admittedly, I am already getting tired of the map rotation...

Top Bottom