• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada | OT | Plasma engines to Ramming Speed!

DodgerSan

After finishing 4 of the starting missions on Easy, I have allowed the Commissar to shoot me in the head and end my Captaincy. I am terra-bad. Who thought it was a good idea to give me a fleet to send haphazardly into missions only to fail miserably.

Any good pointers? I think the best pointer is just for me to keep playing and losing and hope I pick something up.

I'd recommend checking out the youtube channel EnterElysium. He does a campaign playthrough, including the optional side missions. The thing I like is that he talks through all the decisions he's making as he plays, as well as upgrade choices. Worth watching the first couple at least for some good tips if you don't want spoilers for the whole campaign ;)

DodgerSan

Anybody have impressions of the Tau from the beta? Didn't get a chance to hop on cause I was travelling.

There are quite a few gameplay videos from the beta on YouTube.

Having gotten back into the lore side, I'm currently reading "Mechanicum". It really makes me want a titans based game now, and I think the BG:A style would work really well.

Jag

This OT ended fast. Just started playing the SP campaign. It has a Homeworld feel so I'm going to give it a shot. Looks pretty enough.

This OT ended fast. Just started playing the SP campaign. It has a Homeworld feel so I'm going to give it a shot. Looks pretty enough.

Just finished it last weekend. Really good game imho, can drag a bit during the final turns but you can skip the optional battles then because you should be strong enough.
Warhammer feeling in this game ist amazing!
But its not really like Homeworld, it is always Skirmishes with fixed Units you choose prior to a mission, no building units or resource gathering.
Also: If you loose a ship it respawns 2 turns later (or earlier if you pay), so there is no permadeath!

Top Bottom