• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Lol Bracelet of Time + Evil Harvest Rosary is some next level cheese.

Seriously, this is truly god mode, Braclet of Time is absolutely the most powerful accessory in the game. Moon of Mahaa Kalaa has nothing on it.

ghibli99

Through Chapter 3. I so want to just continue playing, but I also love finding everything and going for the Pure Platinums. I think it's the most fun to do that on the shorter ones, but that's because I'm still learning. It's hard for me to imagine actually doing it on the ones with 10+ Verses. Those are great fun too, though... they made so many nice improvements to the exploration, and after going back to Bayo 1 tonight for a bit, Bayo 2 is just better in every way so far.

Monocle

Just beat it. Amazing game that I'll actually replay for once, maybe.

I don't get the ending. Infinite time loop?
ENDING SPOILERS
Only for Balder. It shows how he becomes the villain of Bayonetta 1. He stays in the past and finishes the Witch Hunts while everyone else returns to the present day, where the events of the first game have already happened.

Through Chapter 3. I so want to just continue playing, but I also love finding everything and going for the Pure Platinums. I think it's the most fun to do that on the shorter ones, but that's because I'm still learning. It's hard for me to imagine actually doing it on the ones with 10+ Verses. Those are great fun too, though... they made so many nice improvements to the exploration, and after going back to Bayo 1 tonight for a bit, Bayo 2 is just better in every way so far.
There's something that bothers me about the exploration in both games, a shortcoming that's more apparent in Bayonetta 2; the multitude of invisible walls. Maybe it's because there were multiple instances where it seemed like I should be able to get there given how the environmental design appears more expansive on a visual level, so disappointment always kicks in whenever the game simply won't allow me. It's a minor complaint more than anything though, largely because I actively want to explore these areas to their fullest with how beautiful they look and how there's enough diversity in what you can discover.

Holy shit why didn't I think of this lol

But the friend I play with uses the scythe, so he could probably still hit the guy I'm going for lol
Embrace Scumminess Within and do it anyways!

796ikupa.jpg

Why can't I stop playing this game? I beat the story in 10 hours but now I'm approaching 35 hours and it's still as fun. I almost never replay games and these days I usually have trouble finishing games before I get bored of them but this one is like crack.

So am I the only one that started calling the kid Yugi?
His necklace looks an awful like the millennium puzzle. I noticed it as soon as he appeared on screen for the first time. The final boss fight made me laugh because him putting the cards down made me think of the time Yugi first summoned exodia lol.

I definitely thought about him like some bro'd up Yugioh very quickly.

I definitely thought about him like some bro'd up Yugioh very quickly.

I see him as magical Riley from Boondocks.

/Game Ruined

I'm also looking for some more Nintendo friends. Feel free to add me (64BitHero)
I'm looking for fun and combo/truestyle players.

Edit:
I'm up for it.
ID: SkittlesShot

Just out of curiosity I decided to visit the DMC forums again, you wouldn't happen to be a member on there would you?

Jintor

How in fuck's name are you supposed to do this 'don't touch the ground' musupheliem in chapter xiii or whatever? I swear this is the only alfheim type that got significantly more irritating to do

Yuterald

How in fuck's name are you supposed to do this 'don't touch the ground' musupheliem in chapter xiii or whatever? I swear this is the only alfheim type that got significantly more irritating to do

Is that the one with the big angel with the ax and a single column? Charge shot him with your pistols (or bow, I guess) until he takes a swing at the pillar. From there, I had the scythe equipped and did basic air combos coupled with the jump + a/x move to keep me suspended in air indefinitely. May take a few tries depending on your timing as I was getting swiped down by his ax swings at times.

Use enemy step to jump off of enemies. You can stay in the air forever as long as there is an enemy to jump off of. You can cancel any normal/string into it as it's essentially the same as jump cancelling.

Jintor

lol you dodge the axe swing and bayo automatically dodges to the ground, thanks a lot b2, fuck this fucking alfheim

Jintor

Use enemy step to jump off of enemies. You can stay in the air forever as long as there is an enemy to jump off of. You can cancel any normal/string into it as it's essentially the same as jump cancelling.

Yeah I know you can step on his head but how the fuck am I meant to do any damage to him AND dodge his stupid attacks when dodging plants me on the ground again?

See that you got it already but I'll just add what I did. I used 2 Alraune spin attacks and then I jumped over the axe guy and did a PPPPK combo to his back followed by an Afterburner Kick which put me behind him again and did the same thing. It was 2 combos and a couple extra hits. Probably the hardest Muselpheheim on 3rd climax

I think dodging forward keeps you in the air.

Yuterald

okay got it.

still worst alfheim

Speaking of the Alfheim portals in this game, they're placed like some last minute boner. The Secret Missions from the old school, cool-kid DMC titles were always very well hidden. The original Bayonetta hid the challenge portals very well too. In this game, you're practically tripping over them as you run through the stages. They're like almost always in clear sight. It's kind of another issue I have generally with the stage design/structure. On one side, they get you to the combat so fast in this game, which isn't really a bad thing because clearly its where Bayonetta, as a whole, excels. However, I would have much preferred fewer portal challenges with more unique/meaningful trials than a multitude of poorly placed portals with repeated challenges. There's also very little filler in-between Verses/bouts in Bayonetta 2, but honestly, I really enjoy the open areas with the exploration aspects and hidden nooks & crannies.

The early chapters of this game were more of my liking. I thought Noatun was a really interesting city/locale and the chill-areas where you could read signs and learn about the city's lore/background was and always has been a nice change of pace between battles. I kind of wish the series struck that chord more often, now that we're two games deep.

Why can't I stop playing this game? I beat the story in 10 hours but now I'm approaching 35 hours and it's still as fun. I almost never replay games and these days I usually have trouble finishing games before I get bored of them but this one is like crack.

Because it's the best action game of all time and one of the best games ever made. My time counter is > 60 hours and still enjoying the game immensely. Also I only played co op once, and still didn't fight
Rodin
and finished lost chapters IV only. Really an amazing game.

Zomba13

So I managed to beat the platinum ticket this morning. Woke up and pretty much the first thing I did (before breakfast) was hop on and give it a few goes. Got it after a few goes. I was lucky with the pattern to be honest. No moves I had trouble with showed up on my winning run.

Top Bottom