• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Unit24

They could had summoned Omne to finish off Aesir i guess, make her more powerful than the Eyes, what i mean is, it doesnt contradict anything from the first game, Bayonetta battled a weak Jubileus that had the Right Eye only,and then with help from Jeanne,summoned another God to kill her. when people say Bayonetta punched God to the sun, they are exaggerating a little :p

I know what you're saying, it all made sense in the context of the story. I just think they should have changed the context of the story to allow for something more satisfying. As it stands, it's still a really fun boss fight, they just didn't dress it up enough.

When they introduced the fact that Bayonetta's summoned demons are 'going rogue' I was really hoping
that the final boss would be Queen Sheba

Astral Dog

When they introduced the fact that Bayonetta's summoned demons are 'going rogue' I was really hoping
that the final boss would be Queen Sheba

Im glad it was not her,,but she could had been a boss,Queen Sheba always seemed less important than the others,she is basically black Jubileus so another boss is more surprising

Im glad it was not her,,but she could had been a boss,Queen Sheba always seemed less important than the others,she is basically black Jubileus so another boss is more surprising

I'm always happy when I'm surprised and my expectations are exceeded, but in this case it's more like I was expecting the final boss to show up and then the credits started rolling.

Oidisco

I finished the game a couple days ago and I'm just clearing some of the extra stuff like secret verses and those muselpheim challenges, but I can see myself playing through the entire game again next week! I absolutely love this game, which kinda surprised me because I didn't enjoy Bayo 1 all that much.
There's something about this game that I can't quite put my finger on that makes the combat a million times better than the original. The most noticeable thing is that it feels much faster and more satisfying, but there's definitely more to it than that.

Beyond the nomal combat, the level-design and visuals are vastly superior, there's better weapon variety, there's no shitty QTE's, the bosses are a lot more fun(especially the final boss!), the story isn't quite as terrible and confusing. There's even more awesome crap in the game that I could go on about, but I'll leave it at that.

I'd say the only negative thing about the game is Loki, who is just the fucking worst. The kid characters in W101 and Bayo1 were annoying, but this is taking things too far!

Monocle

Those are the ones I'm attempting to unlock. I don't know the other two. I should list the accessories I got but not now because I just finished playing.
I'd guess you're missing the Eternal Testimony (unlocked by finding all 20 crow collectibles) and the Eternal Marionette (unlocked by completing the game on 1st Climax).

I'd guess you're missing the Eternal Testimony (unlocked by finding all 20 crow collectibles) and the Eternal Marionette (unlocked by completing the game on 1st Climax).

Cool. Can anyone explain to me about collecting umbran tears of blood? Do I have to do anything else besides collecting crows to unlock Brace of Time?

Bombless

Platinum-ed all chapters up to XVI in 3rd Climax. Can't be bothered to rerun XVI right now because the first two verses are annoying. I guess it's time to take a small break from Bayo 2.

Try to keep up.

Hey, wait!

Try to keep up.

Hey, wait!

Erhurarrrehurgh-I just remembered!

Was Loki supposed to be South African?

Anyway, beat all chapters on 2nd Climax with golds, and with 1 platinum, and am now fighting
Rodin the Infinite One
. Please tell me that this fight doesn't get harder on the harder difficulties. Can I quit and come back without paying again?

Unit24

Erhurarrrehurgh-I just remembered!

Was Loki supposed to be South African?

Anyway, beat all chapters on 2nd Climax with golds, and with 1 platinum, and am now fighting
Rodin the Infinite One
. Please tell me that this fight doesn't get harder on the harder difficulties. Can I quit and come back without paying again?

Yeah, you get refunded if you don't continue.

correojon

Any tips for the "kill all enemies in jetfighter battle" bewitchment? Is it better starfox style or vanilla? What equipment did you guys use to complete it? Can you get it at any difficulty or should I go for 3rd climax?

I'm completing the game on infinite climax difficulty while freezing everybody to clear those bewitchments, then it's the fight against Rodin (already have 4 million halos) and with the jetfighter one I'll have everything unlocked for Climax Bracelet :)

Btw, can you freeze the lumen sage? I tried on chapter IV but the sucker won't freeze, I think I've been able to freeze everyone else at the moment.

I also have two demons missing in the "demons you have summoned" diary, just the two before Omne...I've tried throwing wicked weaves with IC with all weapons but I haven't been able to make them show...any tips?

Any tips for the "kill all enemies in jetfighter battle" bewitchment? Is it better starfox style or vanilla? What equipment did you guys use to complete it? Can you get it at any difficulty or should I go for 3rd climax?

I'm completing the game on infinite climax difficulty while freezing everybody to clear those bewitchments, then it's the fight against Rodin (already have 4 million halos) and with the jetfighter one I'll have everything unlocked for Climax Bracelet :)

Btw, can you freeze the lumen sage? I tried on chapter IV but the sucker won't freeze, I think I've been able to freeze everyone else at the moment.

I also have two demons missing in the "demons you have summoned" diary, just the two before Omne...I've tried throwing wicked weaves with IC with all weapons but I haven't been able to make them show...any tips?

Maybe those demons are specific to Jeanne and
Rosa

Neiteio

I finished the game a couple days ago and I'm just clearing some of the extra stuff like secret verses and those muselpheim challenges, but I can see myself playing through the entire game again next week! I absolutely love this game, which kinda surprised me because I didn't enjoy Bayo 1 all that much.
There's something about this game that I can't quite put my finger on that makes the combat a million times better than the original. The most noticeable thing is that it feels much faster and more satisfying, but there's definitely more to it than that.

Beyond the nomal combat, the level-design and visuals are vastly superior, there's better weapon variety, there's no shitty QTE's, the bosses are a lot more fun(especially the final boss!), the story isn't quite as terrible and confusing. There's even more awesome crap in the game that I could go on about, but I'll leave it at that.

I'd say the only negative thing about the game is Loki, who is just the fucking worst. The kid characters in W101 and Bayo1 were annoying, but this is taking things too far!
I beat Metal Gear Rising about 12 times. The kid in that game is infinitely more annoying.

I guess it's true for Jeanne, but the other one? Which one would it be?

She has a different summon than Madama Butterfly,
Madama Khepri
, look at the fists from the Wicked Weaves.

However it doesn't appear that she comes out in cutscenes. Unlike when playing as Jeanne, who has Madama Styx actually appear, Madama Butterfly still comes out. It's disappointing because we only know about
Madama Khepri
through
Rosa's
codex and concept art, and I had really hoped for a full render.

One of them might be
Rodin. I haven't played the Plat TIcket yet to find out.

On Chapter 11 and decided to revisit Bayonetta 1 again. I no doubt prefer Bayo1 over 2. I think the bosses are much more grand and I like the more over the top styled modern levels. Not really feeling Bayonetta 2's bland underwater and Hell levels at all.

Gameplay is top notch but a much easier so far. My favorite levels are the first 2 levels which were more like Bayonetta 1

Worst platinum child is clearly the little fucker from Wonderful 101 Alan Smithe. I'll take ten Lokis before another Alan Smithe. Almost as bad as Wonder Pink.

Wonder Pink is like every annoying female stereotype rolled into one. Insufferable childish crush on pretty boy, nagging bitch other characters hate, maternal instincts kicking in suddenly for crappy kid character cuz women, really irritating voice, sexy dominatrix because women

Kamiya:

stop-it.gif

Unit24

I'm a little confused about one of the Bewitchments. I don't know if I'm supposed to freeze 40 enemies, or 40 different enemy types. Do I just freeze a bunch of dudes until I get it, or do I actually have to seek out one of every kind of enemy?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Chainsaws are boring. Combo potential seems shitty even if the damage is crazy high. But high damage > crap combos makes for boring ass Bayonetta.

I've unlocked the original skin, vanilla Bayonetta, and have decided I prefer it well and truly over new Bayonetta. Long hair sass > short hair.

New demons are much more enjoyable to fight than most of the new angels.

Chainsaws are boring. Combo potential seems shitty even if the damage is crazy high. But high damage > crap combos makes for boring ass Bayonetta.

I've unlocked the original skin, vanilla Bayonetta, and have decided I prefer it well and truly over new Bayonetta. Long hair sass > short hair.

New demons are much more enjoyable to fight than most of the new angels.

Chainsaws are great if you want to get up close and personal. They cut up enemies real good. They're awful if you get saddled with a flying boss fight in tag climax with them equipped though.

Wonder Pink, Wonder Green, and Vorken are the only characters worth a shit in that horrible cast.

I really disliked the presentation of that game. Cutscenes were awful. The characters were crap and all the enemies had stupid names which I thought were a joke at first but they make almost no sense at all. It also felt really limiting the first time through, needed to buy so much shit just to make the action at least somewhat free-flowing. You can kind of do shit in Bayo from the outset. Not TW101, nope.

Need to go into that again with a fresh mind because outside of a few standout moments I did not enjoy it.

Opened my copy of Bayonetta 2 today. Printing Club Nintendo info in red text on the back of the Bayonetta 2 slipcover art is cheap and ugly. Not to mention I have to see it threw the the recycle arrow cutouts.

I really disliked the presentation of that game. Cutscenes were awful. The characters were crap and all the enemies had stupid names which I thought were a joke at first but they make almost no sense at all. It also felt really limiting the first time through, needed to buy so much shit just to make the action at least somewhat free-flowing. You can kind of do shit in Bayo from the outset. Not TW101, nope.

Need to go into that again with a fresh mind because outside of a few standout moments I did not enjoy it.

I share your exact sentiments.

It's the only PG game (other than Bayo 2 because it just came out) that I didn't bother replaying. I beat all their PS3 titles at least four times, and got the platinum in all of them because I love them so much.

I really tried liking W101, but it remains as my biggest gaming disappointment ever. I was so hyped for it ;_;

Top Bottom