• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Chain Chomp is so absurdly fun to use. Here let me throw explosive, biting monsters at you.

But I'm torn between using it or Rosa for doing PPlat runs in story mode. Rosa's damage is just absurd.

Still working on unlocking things in tag climax and third climax. I wish I was as good as some of you guys.

You'll get there!

Timeaisis

Third climax with scythe and love is blue is a easy so 3 chapters so far and mostly gold/plats.

Also, whip/chainsaw seems OP as hell. Platinimums everywhere. Hopefully, gets a little more difficult soon. I did a lot worse on 2nd climax, but that may have been me being rusty and lack of these super weapons.

IKizzLE

FFP with the hammer to sweep up an enemy.

Hold that P to charge while they are on their ass and just begin to wreck with the damage boost.

Takemikazuchi does incredible damage with the boost.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
371080_7.jpg

Best bayo costume reporting in, it was the best out fit in bayo 1 and what a surprise that it's also the best in bayo 2 :p

At least it's my favorite, I just love how her hair flows freely like a huge cloak with this outfit.

spekkeh

Banned
Wonder Pink is like every annoying female stereotype rolled into one. Insufferable childish crush on pretty boy, nagging bitch other characters hate, maternal instincts kicking in suddenly for crappy kid character cuz women, really irritating voice, sexy dominatrix because women

Kamiya:

stop-it.gif

Kamiya has more of these female stereotype characters, that's why I never fully bought the Bayonetta as female empowerment line of thinking when it came to Bayonetta 1. Too much male titillation. Bayonetta 2 though feels heaps better. So there seems to be definite progress. Or I misremember B1.

Nyoro SF

You sure? I've been doing a run with Undine and I'm on chapter VI. I've been freezing dudes a whole lot, and still nothing.

Same here. I've frozen a LOT of enemies, but I haven't unlocked this. I even froze 10+ bosses.

This and the spinning joystick QTE at the end of Chapter 1 may be the first "bugs" I've encountered.

Unit24

Same here. I've frozen a LOT of enemies, but I haven't unlocked this. I even froze 10+ bosses.

This and the spinning joystick QTE at the end of Chapter 1 may be the first "bugs" I've encountered.

It's not a bug, I just discovered that you actually do have to freeze 40+ different enemy types. Just go through the game again and freeze every new enemy that shows up, and every boss.

Seik

Banned
Best bayo costume reporting in, it was the best out fit in bayo 1 and what a surprise that it's also the best in bayo 2 :p

At least it's my favorite, I just love how her hair flows freely like a huge cloak with this outfit.

Beaten by
Rosa's
, without contest. :p

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to ordering this.

I played about half way through the original on the 360 before getting sidetracked. Is it generally recommended to play through the original before tackling 2?

Ennosuke

I finished the Game yesterday. I knew Bayonetta 1, but never finished this. Still I really got hyped by all the amazing reviews and I bought it. And this time I really finished it. This is maybe the best Game out of this genre. The gameplay is just amazing and it was great to see how you really improved in this game.

Tonza

Completed my first playthrough on 3rd climax a couple days ago. The fights with the Lumen Sage were the highlight for me. So much fun.

Now have to work on the stone awards...

Jintor

One of the more interesting things I got from the Witch Trials levels was Rosa yelling "So long as the light is lit, THE SHADOW REMAINS CAST" which lends an interesting spin to what I thought was kind of a generic dark/evil-sounding quote I remember vividly from the first game (because I died a lot). It does a lot to tie together the Sages and the Witches, philosophically speaking.

Well, as much as one line can do

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
iSskYxHt9rlh5.jpg

A Platinum! Shame on me for the final verse...

Still...WHAT DID I JUST END TO PLAY WOAH

I was doing some Tag Climax with the CPU for dem coins and I got hit with a mystery card. It was
Moooooooooooooooooon Riiiver.
Bet way too high and we got spanked.

Not sure about my coop game yet and I'm hungry for coins. My NNID is toastmanpat if anyone wants to tackle some of this together. Just make sure to lose occassionally so I can feed my kids.

I loove how Rosa is described as possibly the strongest Umbra ever and her weapons as well, yet during the witch hunts they are gimped. But she still hits like a truck. And Madama Khepri is the only demon associated with the sun rather than the moon.

I was doing some Tag Climax with the CPU for dem coins and I got hit with a mystery card. It was
Moooooooooooooooooon Riiiver.
Bet way too high and we got spanked.

Not sure about my coop game yet and I'm hungry for coins. My NNID is toastmanpat if anyone wants to tackle some of this together. Just make sure to lose occassionally so I can feed my kids.

I'm down for some co-op later today if you want. My NNID is Za_Warud0.

I loove how Rosa is described as possibly the strongest Umbra ever and her weapons as well, yet during the witch hunts they are gimped. But she still hits like a truck.

I believe in her weapon's entry and her description, her powers were bound away for the "sin" of pairing with a Sage. So she's really operating at a fraction of her capacity.

Nyoro SF

It's not a bug, I just discovered that you actually do have to freeze 40+ different enemy types. Just go through the game again and freeze every new enemy that shows up, and every boss.

Damn. WTF. I haven't really been keeping track, I just freeze everything that I see lol. That's a rather painful bewitchment.

The Bracelet of Time is insanely useful though. The ability to pop Witch Time on command lets you:

- Nullify any attack
- See the enemy's followup attack coming a mile away (really useful against fast rival bosses)
- Grapple anything with the whips (makes the hardest difficulty an absolute joke because you can keep tripping up the largest enemies and fastest bosses)
- Freeze enemies with the ice throwers more easily
- Wreck everything with the chainsaws
- Open up the combo system by making enemies relaunchable

The Bracelet of Time is probably the best accessory in the game because it nearly matches the defensive and offensive potential of the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa and the Earrings of Ruin, while offering all the other benefits tied to Witch Time. (Also, thanks to the Link costume, you don't even have to waste a slot on the Moon to use its parry/counter.)

I like to swap in the Bracelet after I've built up a full magic bar or two. Coupled with the Evil Harvest Rosary, or better yet, the Infernal Communicator, it's devastating.

Bracelet of Time/Evil Harvest Bombs >>> Infinite Climax/Witch Trials 5

Dodge, get bombs, gain magic, activate and combo/whip grab everything, laugh manically as health bars disappear

Suuuuuuuper late on this, but I wanna try this.

I believe in her weapon's entry and her description, her powers were bound away for the "sin" of pairing with a Sage. So she's really operating at a fraction of her capacity.

Yeah she still wears the chains and the magic powers of her weapons are faded away or something like that. So I guess the weapons have a limit and that would explain why Cereza has new ones.

Question on the Climax Brace 2, does anyone know what the damage scale is while wearing it? Like, how significant of a boost in power is it, and is it worth it to use?

Whips+Chomp is great. You can hit them with the Chomp's charged attack and reel them back in before they fly out of range.

Fbh

Just spent 2 hours trying to bead Rodin.

I just can't. I can hardly (as in once every 10 tries) get him to transform into demon mode and then he just destroys me.

Is there any item or accesory I can unlock to make the fight doable?

Beat the game on 3rd Climax. Final boss was less crazier than expected. Also the whole game feels less "fresh" than the first game I guess. But whatever, still awesome to play.

Now to beat the game on Infinite Climax, unlock the secret boss, buy more costumes, and play more Tag Climax.

Seik

Banned
Beat the game on 3rd Climax. Final boss was less crazier than expected. Also the whole game feels less "fresh" than the first game I guess. But whatever, still awesome to play.

Now to beat the game on Infinite Climax, unlock the secret boss, buy more costumes, and play more Tag Climax.

Be prepared, Infinite Climax really is something else. :p

Top Bottom