• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

correojon

I don´t think Bayonetta has a crush on Loki, they way I saw it she just wants to protect him and that´s what she does whether he likes it or not. She has recovered her memories so she remembers all the shenanigans with little Cereza in Bayo 1, so that´s why she cuts on the ice queen crap. I didn´t see anything that suggested she´s romantically interested in Loki, she calls him "little one" as she would call a little girl, she even forgets completely about him when she goes to rescue Jeanne!

I liked when
she was defeated by old Loptr and had to flee to hell to escape, but the resolution at the end of the game felt a bit anticlimatic...I was hoping that scene meant that Bayo wasn´t a match for him and that she may unlock some new power in hell to even the chances, but in the end Loki just depowered him and she took advantage of that, with the help of her father. I think it would´ve been a great chance to introduce a scene in hell just before saving Jeanne where Bayo when watching her dear friend in danger, unleashed Umbran Climax for the first time. That way she could´ve had an excuse to go head to head with a full power Aeris, beat him and end the game stronger than the first one, because I felt that by the time Bayo 2 ends she has become weaker than at the end of 1...she may have more control over her abilities, but her raw power has diminished after losing the eye. In this type of games it´s great to grow as a player at the same time your character does and end with an unstoppable killing machine, but this time you make all the journey to end with a depowered character (storywise) that doesn´t reflect the growth you as a player have developed until that point. In DMC3 you beat Vergil after losing to him in the opening cutscene, in DMC 4 you crushed the face of the big bad guy while telling Dante to sit back and watch. In Bayo 1 you punched God to the Sun!!
It left me a bit cold.

Has anyone noticed how, when she activates "flight mode" in the fight with Gomorra her left eye shines,
but when she has lost its power to Aeris she can still activate "flight mode" later in the fight? Maybe this is just a plothole, or maybe she still has some of the power of the Left Eye.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Ch. 14 and 15 were so goooooooooooood.

I fucking love these boss-after-boss-after-boss segments

Curufinwe

Have you bought them yet? You need the command moves that are in the shop before you can do them with the weapon. I forgot what they stinger is called, but you need that one for Kafka. I'm not sure whether the moves appear in the combo list before you've bought them though. Maybe they do for Kafka because of their special function.

Thanks.

Rich!

Just started playing.

Fuck that little kid and his terrible accent, jesus christ. Please tell me he isnt in the entire game.

Other than that, game is amazing and the graphics are superb. It all feels so much more refined than the first.

Chapter 9 Spoilers
Chapter 16 Spoilers

Maybe I'm just reading it differently, but the stutter, shy look, and illogical plan* don't remind me at all of the Bayonetta that watched out for Cereza and Luka. Bayonetta running blindly for Loki (note Balder's "What is my daughter doing!?" face) doesn't make me think of how Bayonetta slyly handled Cereza being kidnapped by Joy. It reminds me of a pre-teen girl trying to hang out with her crush without revealing she wants to. It's not the Bayonetta I'm used to at all.

Maybe I should just say it full-out: between the kiss and the scene after it, the exchange in front of the Gates of Hell, and the scenes before and after the last boss, I definitely thought the game was pushing a Bayonetta-Loki romance. Ignoring the age gap (this is a universe with ubiquitous time travel, after all!), this isn't necessarily a bad thing except for the fact that Loki is generally a dick who, besides one unexplained kiss, seems perfectly content with splitting ways with his partner. Between the ending and the Gates of Hell scene, Bayonetta seems to be the one pursuing Loki, not the other way around.

And that's just not Bayonetta's style.

I like how the Bayonetta/Luka semi-romantic-friendship was handled in the first game, but this just felt completely out of place (accentuated by other things I mentioned in my long post, like the un-triumphant post-boss cutscenes).

More power to you if you don't see the game this way. I watched all of the cutscenes from Bayonetta 1 numerous times, but I couldn't help but skip many of Bayonetta 2's after my first time through.

* She's justified a moment later by the Lumen Sage's convenient appearance, but Loki's point still stands that Bayonetta hasn't given a proper argument for why he should be dragged to Inferno.

EDIT: Was talking with a friend about this in real life and we hypothesized Bayonetta's unnatural attraction to Loki might be a "clever" reference to the Sovereign power to "control the eyes". Bayonetta 1 had plenty of clever early links to its later reveals, so perhaps they were trying to do the same thing here. I might take this as my canon explanation...

o_O I played through the whole game twice and I never got the impression of a romance... She's protective of Loki the same way she was of Cereza in Bayo 1. Loki is a child and she looks out for children, that's all there is to it. There are no pedo romance undertones. I see no difference in characterization between the two games.

popyea

Has anyone noticed how, when she activates "flight mode" in the fight with Gomorra her left eye shines,
but when she has lost its power to Aeris she can still activate "flight mode" later in the fight? Maybe this is just a plothole, or maybe she still has some of the power of the Left Eye.

I think Bayo's "Left Eye" is actually in her watch, not her eye. My interpretation of the eye flash is that it's just an effect like the flash when you change weapons.

Got my physical soundtrack and unlike the digital soundtrack it includes both versions of Moon River. Digital only has Tomorrow is Mine, so if you want the soundtrack get the disk version.

Curufinwe

Just started playing.

Fuck that little kid and his terrible accent, jesus christ. Please tell me he isnt in the entire game.

Other than that, game is amazing and the graphics are superb. It all feels so much more refined than the first.

I don't mind his accent at all so far. For some reason I thought he was going to be doing a dodgy Jamaican accent.

Any good way to stack halos fast? I dunno where to farm to get that platinum ticket...
Chapter 14 with jeanne, equip bracelet of time and the thing that makes enemies rage. Kill everything with PPP(hold) while activating witch time. Should give you 2-3 million halos per run of about 7 minutes.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Any good way to stack halos fast? I dunno where to farm to get that platinum ticket...

Go to chapter 13, the one called the witch hunts and just spam the PPPP combo on everything, use your midas touch item to make enemies drop a shit ton of halos. If you have the bracelet of time (you get a huge bonus when your attacks connect in witch time and this lets you manually trigger witch time as your attacks hit) and the gaze of despair (enemies are perma taunted for more halos and points) you can easily get about a million halos in a single run.

Frodo

Can we quick skip cutscenes?

ZR and - works on Bayonetta but it is not working for some reason on the second game. :~

Neiteio

Bayonetta's left eye has nothing to do with her power of flight. She just summons the wings of Malphas, similar to how she summons the wings of Madama Butterfly for her float jump/double jump. :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Chapter 14 with jeanne, equip bracelet of time and the thing that makes enemies rage. Kill everything with PPP(hold) while activating witch time. Should give you 2-3 million halos per run of about 7 minutes.
Go to chapter 13, the one called the witch hunts and just spam the PPPP combo on everything, use your midas touch item to make enemies drop a shit ton of halos. If you have the bracelet of time (you get a huge bonus when your attacks connect in witch time and this lets you manually trigger witch time as your attacks hit) and the gaze of despair (enemies are perma taunted for more halos and points) you can easily get about a million halos in a single run.

Wait, which one is it? lol

I just noticed that the Link costume comes with the parry ability that you'd otherwise need an accessory for. Do the other costumes have hidden abilities?

Mesoian

I just noticed that the Link costume comes with the parry ability that you'd otherwise need an accessory for. Do the other costumes have hidden abilities?

Yup. The Samus outfit has a handful of interesting unique abilities like the space jump and the morph ball.

The Chain Chomp can sniff out hidden treasure chests, though it's range is pretty short.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah so just equip the manual witch time accessory, the Gaze of Despair, and use Midas Touch on Chapter: Sakura Wars Bayonetta Edition?

Yup. The Samus outfit has a handful of interesting unique abilities like the space jump and the morph ball.

The Chain Chomp can sniff out hidden treasure chests, though it's range is pretty short.

Awesome, I only tried the Link costume so far because the others are too goofy for my taste. I'll try out the Samus one though, sounds interesting.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I am almost done with my platinum run on 3rd climax, only have the last 4 chapters left.

Oddly enough the hardest one to platinum for me so far has been chapter 3. That boss is annoying, the plat only really feels doable if you don't take any damage.

So I am almost done with my platinum run on 3rd climax, only have the last 4 chapters left.

Oddly enough the hardest one to platinum for me so far has been chapter 3. That boss is annoying, the plat only really feels doable if you don't take any damage.
That one is super easy with the bow and chainsaws on your feet. Guaranteed platinum time and combo.

wiibomb

please tell me there is a local multiplayer option in tag climax, I haven't seen it but refuse to believe that I cannot play with a buddy at home... D:

Top Bottom