• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Frodo

So glad they went for a more colourful game this time. Bayonetta had incredible art-direction, that was hindered by bloom and that yellow filter. Now everything looks clearer and the colours make a enormous difference.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01eeutm.jpg

IKizzLE

So I am almost done with my platinum run on 3rd climax, only have the last 4 chapters left.

Oddly enough the hardest one to platinum for me so far has been chapter 3. That boss is annoying, the plat only really feels doable if you don't take any damage.
Same boat, need chapters 10-13 and chapter 15 to platinum left on third climax before I can get the brace thst pretty much turns cereza into Rosa.

mr stroke

Played a couple hours so far and not feeling it

Terrible image quality, voice acting, art style and a pure cheese story line make this hard for me to sit through. It's too bad as the combat and gameplay are fantastic.

Maybe I'll give it a couple hours before bailing out.....

Got the last 4 Bewitchments, guess I should start playing Tag Climax with actual people now. Hope I don't get bodied too hard...

NNID: Negus_Rex

Ok, has anyone been able to beat Rodin (without bracelet of time and dodge bombs)? And if so, how??? The best I managed was getting him to his last health bar. And the one time I took no damage in his normal form he lands his almost instakill rapemove on me... Fuck that guy.

I need to do some Chapter 14 grinding to get that ticket now, I can't stop playing this game.

Terrible image quality, voice acting, art style and a pure cheese story line make this hard for me to sit through. It's too bad as the combat and gameplay are fantastic.

I didn't really care or like the story of Bayo 1, but 2 was just so much better for me even if I understand why many didn't like Loki at all. So don't give up!

What chapter did you get too?

The story is meant to be fun. Don't look or expect The Last of Us!

Embrace a game having fun with itself.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Hey does anyone know if using the Umbran armor bracelet counts towards kills made while umbran climax?

Like for those kill 30 demons with umbran climax, does using the bracelet that replaces climax with the armor still count towards that?

Astral Dog

I need to do some Chapter 14 grinding to get that ticket now, I can't stop playing this game.

I didn't really care or like the story of Bayo 1, but 2 was just so much better for me even if I understand why many didn't like Loki at all. So don't give up!
The art style is gorgeous.

IKizzLE

Ok, has anyone been able to beat Rodin (without bracelet of time and dodge bombs)? And if so, how??? The best I managed was getting him to his last health bar. And the one time I took no damage in his normal form he lands his almost instakill rapemove on me... Fuck that guy.
The non cheese method is to use salamandra on the hands and alrune on the feet. Equip earings of ruin and whatever other accessory that isn't bracelet of time thst you like.

every time you get witch time, grab rodin with alruin and strike with the saws. Keep doing that until you get to the next life bar. Make sure you have your magic gauge maxed, call upon umbran armor and go to town. You can't die when using it.

DooD1234

You need to play this for the gameplay and not the story. Just enjoy the pure cheese story line as story was never this game focus. It just there to give Bayonetta a reason to fuck everyone up. I hope it clicks with you soon.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
3 I think?(couple hours in)

Does it get better? and how long is the game?

The story? If it is really bothering you just skip every cutscene the game itself is superb and if you are truly a fan of the genre you would be doing yourself a disservice by dropping out because of the story.

Game is only about 10 hours if you view all of the cutscenes, otherwise it is a solid 6-8 hours.

The non cheese method is to use salamandra on the hands and alrune on the feet. Equip earings of ruin and whatever other accessory that isn't bracelet of time thst you like.

every time you get witch time, grab rodin with alruin and strike with the saws. Keep doing that until you get to the next life bar. Make sure you have your magic gauge maxed, call upon umbran armor and go to town. You can't die when using it.
Hah, that was the exact weapon combo and technique I was using, except for the mech. I guess I'll try using the mech and see how that goes, thanks.

Unit24

This is exactly what I've been trying for the longest time. The problem is, I can't keep calling on the umbran armor forever. I run out of magic eventually, and that's when I die. Plus, it's harder to see what Rodin is doing when I'm using umbran armor.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ok. Finished on 1st and 2nd Climax without any real problems and just started on 3rd. Feels like this is the actual game and the other two were training sessions. I really love this game!

Just finished my Infinite Climax Pure Platinum run (uploading the replays here)
Took a little longer than I would've liked because I was sick for a few days, but I'm glad I finished right before I got the Halo collection.

Normally I'd write some type of review, but ain't nobody got time for that when there's a metric fuckton of Halo to be played. I'll just say that the game is amazing, and that the only flaw that really sticks out to me is some poor balancing. The Bracelet of Time and the earrings that transform you into the mech are insanely overpowered, and of course, Pulley's Butterfly is as godly as ever. All of those are practically "I Win" buttons (though some of the bosses are still a challenge to PP, even with the BoT). I also don't like how they removed the penalty for item usage. It would be fine if there were only items for health recovery, magic recovery, and even the attack power increase, but not when there's an item that literally makes you invincible. What a joke, lol.

All that being said, it's still better than the original in every way and it's one of the best games in the genre. I especially like how the mid-size enemies can now defend themselves with their parry ability. It makes combat much more interesting.

Veelk

Banned
All that being said, it's still better than the original in every way and it's one of the best games in the genre. I especially like how the mid-size enemies can now defend themselves with their parry ability. It makes combat much more interesting.

Whats the best way to counter that so that it doesn't break your combo? It's quite annoying to constantly be halted by an out of no where parry and have to restart your combo.

Whats the best way to counter that so that it doesn't break your combo? It's quite annoying to constantly be halted by an out of no where parry and have to restart your combo.

It depends on the enemy, but for all of the horses, they'll never be able to parry your attacks if you air combo them from behind. So you can enter witch time, knock them into the air, dash under them and jump up for a combo for an easy kill.

IKizzLE

Took a little longer than I would've liked because I was sick for a few days, but I'm glad I finished right before I got the Halo collection.

Normally I'd write some type of review, but ain't nobody got time for that when there's a metric fuckton of Halo to be played. I'll just say that the game is amazing, and that the only flaw that really sticks out to me is some poor balancing. The Bracelet of Time and the earrings that transform you into the mech are insanely overpowered, and of course, Pulley's Butterfly is as godly as ever. All of those are practically "I Win" buttons (though some of the bosses are still a challenge to PP, even with the BoT). I also don't like how they removed the penalty for item usage. It would be fine if there were only items for health recovery, magic recovery, and even the attack power increase, but not when there's an item that literally makes you invincible. What a joke, lol.

Yea...out of all the accessories, earrings of ruin and bracelet of time are the best in the entire game. You will win every tag climax with earrings of ruin no matter what character or weapons you use.

Bracelet of time is great for making the game play completely different thanks to it opening up new potential setups and combos, but at the same time, just throwing it on Rosa diminishes the impact of pure platinuming. Major kudos for the PP on infinite; curious to see the videos.

popyea

Dammit Platinum, why take away the item penalty? Is it still feasible to get PP on infinite climax without the use of them, or have items and overpowered accessories been introduced as a band-aid solution to balance it? I want to PP this game the old-fashioned way, but it sucks if that won't even be reflected on the results page.

Coda

I was doing so good on Rodin.
Untill...
zlCfzSpF3HoIjDRoyU

:'-(

Haha, incredible.

Is there a better way to import Wii U screenshots? They never do the game justice. Graphics look weridly PS2 like, but playing Bayonetta 2 in motion looks like a super polished current-gen game with some next-gen flashes of brilliance.

Good stuff man. I stole your Chernabog + Alraune/Shuraba + Salamandra set up. Seems to cover every situation I've encountered so far outside of shielded enemies which I'll whip out the hammer for.

It never occured to me to use the invincibility lollipop. My mind is blown.

Dreavus

Fucking incredible.

What they could have done is put a little marker beside the score if an item was used or something, but not necessarily penalize the score.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Just beat the game tonight, and every minute of it was fucking awesome. It's my personal GOTY so far.

Namikaze

Finally got a chance to beat it tonight, this is one of the best games I've ever played and the best action game I've ever played. I love all of the characters even if the story is nonsensical for the most part, it's just fun to watch everyone interact. So many games have disappointed me this year, this is one of the only ones that actually lived up to the hype for me.

I guess my next step is to get Pure Platinums on every difficulty. Also will have to get those in game achievements and try some multiplayer soon.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Haha, incredible.

Is there a better way to import Wii U screenshots? They never do the game justice. Graphics look weridly PS2 like, but playing Bayonetta 2 in motion looks like a super polished current-gen game with some next-gen flashes of brilliance.

Best method is to hit HOME and instead of going to Miiverse boot up the browser and head to abload or any other image sharing website. You'll be able to upload a full 720p capture from the system with little IQ damaging compression.

please tell me there is a local multiplayer option in tag climax, I haven't seen it but refuse to believe that I cannot play with a buddy at home... D:

Yeah, why they didn't include local co-op just boggles the mind... (And no way to do offline vs CPU? I feel bad because I keep getting requests from people but I only want to play with the CPU :/)

Also, people are hating on Loki? Why? The only remotely douchey thing he did was pretend to be dead for a while, which isn't really that bad. And he takes care of himself/helps out in battles and was generally 2324x less annoying than Cerezita.

correojon

I finally managed to beat Masked Lumen in chapter XII on Infinite Climax, it only took me 28 tries :p My setup:
-Kafka
-Alraune
-Moon of Maha Kalaa
-No items
Basically I just spammed Kafka, dodged when he attacked and then slammed him with Alraune while in Witch Time. Repeat 50 times to win. Bastard is really fast and dodges almost everything you throw at him. I found specially tricky his normal sword attacks, they seem to come out of nowhere with lightning speed and he gets you in his combo it will eat more than half your life. I almost defeated him straight one time, but in the end I had to use the checkpoint...once I unlock the Climax Bracelet I´ll try beating him in one go, this fight was amazing! It´s really cool how sometimes he will counter even while in Witch Time and you´ll have to re-counter his counter (sometimes more than once) to finally be able to land a hit.

After this I can´t imagine how hard the fight against Rodin can be, that must be insane.

Yeah, why they didn't include local co-op just boggles the mind... (And no way to do offline vs CPU? I feel bad because I keep getting requests from people but I only want to play with the CPU :/)

Also, people are hating on Loki? Why? The only remotely douchey thing he did was pretend to be dead for a while, which isn't really that bad. And he takes care of himself/helps out in battles and was generally 2324x less annoying than Cerezita.
Because he's an annoying little shit with a bad accent that needs round-the-clock supervision and every time he opens his mouth he's either trying to be cool with his snark, complaining about his head hurting or whining about his memories. Occasionally he throws some cards or
whips out his deus ex machina
towards the end, big whoop. Never mind his constant "TRY TO KEEP UP! / HEY WAIT!" outcries in-game. Cereza was obnoxious too, but she wasn't nearly as prominent. Rather would've had more screentime for Rodin, Luka or Enzo in both cases either way.

The only child character from a Platinum game I found remotely entertaining was Luka from The Wonderful 101, for that matter. If someone's going to be a little twerp, might as well be a crazy, unabashed asshole about it like he was and he got shit done with how
he damn near destroyed the world
. Plus he
spawned a cool robot during his redemption arc

Top Bottom