• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Peff

Oh, you can use the Wii Classic Pro Controller? I feared I was doomed to use my Gamepad, that's awesome!

Yup, in both games.

It's funny how the awesome new animations for the standard weapon and movement make the combat feel even more satisfying. Dodge-Offset sliding below an attack while shooting and activating Witch Time is so good, as is the variety of Wicked Weave finishers.

PetrCobra

Both Bayonettas downloading now. Tomorrow's working day will be unbearable. And then I'll have to spend the weekend packing because I'm moving on Tuesday. Fuck. :)

Mononoke

Banned
Amazon just shipped my copy. Woot. Can't wait to play it tomorrow. I actually have my girl friend coming over tonight to watch Korra at midnight, then we are going to marathon this game tomorrow. Gon be epic!

I plan to play this on the Pro Controller.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I won't get to play this at all tomorrow due to work. But Saturday, oh man Saturday can't be here fast enough.

Dawg

Why is my post still there? Just to make me suffer? Every time I browse this thread, I can feel the shame... the embarrassment... even people judging me. The reputation I've lost... the friends I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like it's all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make the mods delete it.

ApolloJoh

Gonna be really nice playing through this. With the little I've seen, the demo, and the fact that I really enjoyed the first, there really isn't any doubt that I'll enjoy this too.

I guess the only difference is that I didn't import it like I did with the first because it was only a one month wait compared to three months.

Shahadan

Why is my post still there? Just to make me suffer? Every time I browse this thread, I can feel the shame... the embarrassment... even people judging me. The reputation I've lost... the friends I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like it's all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make the mods delete it.

I'm judging you for sure!

Squishy3

image.php

ohlawd

Awww fuck! I am picking this up through eShop I've decided. I have $15 in my account from the Digital Deluxe Promotion that has been sitting there for months, so I may as well use it now.

What is the size of Bayonetta 2? Just want to make sure I have enough space. Does the digital version come with Bayo 1 as well??

Ugh, so 3am EST? FUUUUU

wait, what

Nintendo 1st party games go up 12 AM EST, 9 PM PST on the previous day

this didn't change, did it?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Eustace2.jpg

Stupid dog

That post will just be there forever, long after the image hosting sites are dead links and the thread is locked. That one damn Dawg interrupting the OT. Everyone will say, "Hey, its that Dawg!" whenever they see him around, and silent judge him from across the room.

That post will just be there forever, long after the image hosting sites are dead links and the thread is locked. That one damn Dawg interrupting the OT. Everyone will say, "Hey, its that Dawg!" whenever they see him around, and silent judge him from across the room.

This, This is beautiful

Diamond Dawg

Lernaean

Banned
I still love dawg.
The post stands as a testament to the excitement around this hobby.
We need more dawgs in our world.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I still can't believe this is real. Its been over two years yet the wait felt even longer.

The cycle is complete. Thank you based Nintendo.

Did it come up in the eShop at midnight where you are at? I hope it will be 12am EST since that is the timezone I am here in Canada.

Did you have to buy Bayonetta 1 and 2 and it reduced the price or did it give you a code for 1?

Yep, came up exactly at Midnight in Austria. Timezone GMT+1.

Bayo 1 and 2 are two seperate games, depending which one you buy first you have this situation:

I bought Bayonetta 2 for now for 49.99€. Waiting for the Nintendo Deluxe Digital Promotion so that i can get Bayonetta 1 (Which is 9.99€ if you buy Bayo 2 first) for basically free :)

You can also buy Bayo 1 first for 29.99€ and after that Bayo 2 is reduced to 29.99€.

ScHlAuChi

So im playing Bayo to refresh my memory before playing Bayo2.
The costumes also change gameplay, the Link costume for example adds stick parrying like in Metal Gear Rising and the Samus costume turns her gun into a powerful blaster! Awesome!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Did the first game have a good tutorial?
I don't remember its been a long time but the Bayonetta 2 tutorial is perfect for introducing you to the basic mechanics.

IKizzLE

I suspect it has failed me and I won't get it until next week. Time to complain to customer service.
If you can articulate your complaints well enough you can get the game free pretty easily. I may or may not know this from experience.

Amazon's customer service is the GOAT.

Did it come up in the eShop at midnight where you are at? I hope it will be 12am EST since that is the timezone I am here in Canada.

Did you have to buy Bayonetta 1 and 2 and it reduced the price or did it give you a code for 1?

Here is the pricing for Canada & US.

Here's how it works:
  • When you purchase the packaged version of the Bayonetta 2 game, a second disc for the original Bayonetta will be included.
  • When you purchase the Nintendo eShop version of either of Bayonetta or Bayonetta 2, you'll receive an automatic discount on your purchase of the other game. Read the scenarios below for more details.
  • If you purchase Bayonetta 2 for its regular price of US$49.99* or CA$54.99* on Nintendo eShop, then you'll get an automatic discount of US$20.00 or CA$22.50 on the purchase of the original Bayonetta. With this discount, you will only pay $9.99* for the original Bayonetta.
  • If you purchase the original Bayonetta for its regular price of US$29.99* or CA$32.49* on Nintendo eShop, then you'll get an automatic discount of US$20.00 or CA$22.50 on the purchase of Bayonetta 2. With this discount, you will only pay US$29.99* or CA$32.49* for Bayonetta 2.
Here is the important thing: Regardless of the order in which you purchase these games on Nintendo eShop, you'll pay the same total amount of US$59.98* or CA$64.99* with the automatic discounts. It is up to you which game you want to buy first.**

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12456/p/431

Top Bottom