• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

andthebeatgoeson

Well the tutorial is:

Press This button to punch
Press this button to kick
Hold punch or kick to shoot
Press trigger to evade (last possible moment = witchtime)

And that was the tutorial.

Absolutely sufficient.

I don't remember its been a long time but the Bayonetta 2 tutorial is perfect for introducing you to the basic mechanics.
Oh, like the demo for 2. I hope I get good.

Zeliard

I quite like the Wii U Gamepad but couldn't resist grabbing a Wii U Pro Controller off Amazon just to have something I'm a bit more used to as far as form, especially for something like Bayonetta.

I also bought the Mayflash adapter with it. If the Pro controller is as amazing as everyone says it is, it'll replace the Dualshock 3 as my new PC gamepad.

JayEH

Loki reminds me too much of the kid in MG Rising. And it sounds like the same voice actor as well. Not looking forward to meeting/playing him in the game.

antitrop

I'm going to play Bayo1 first for the story and to be able to appreciate Bayo2 more. Good move?

Great move.

Loki reminds me too much of the kid in MG Rising. And it sounds like the same voice actor as well. Not looking forward to meeting/playing him in the game.

Yeah, Loki looks like a little piece of shit, I don't like him at all. I don't really like any of the characters in Bayonetta, though. Especially not-Joe Pesci. I skip the cutscenes, I really can't stand them.

Kriken

I quite like the Wii U Gamepad but couldn't resist grabbing a Wii U Pro Controller off Amazon just to have something I'm a bit more used to as far as form, especially for something like Bayonetta.

I also bought the Mayflash adapter with it. If the Pro controller is as amazing as everyone says it is, it'll replace the Dualshock 3 as my new PC gamepad.

It feels like a light 360 pad but with a decent D-pad, although the triggers do leave much to be desired :/

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

We can argue about button placement all day but the pro controller is the most comfortable controller I've ever used. The Dualshock 3 comparison really isn't fair.

epmode

I never even considered that this game wouldn't be delivered from Amazon on day one. But here I am stuck waiting until Tuesday for a game that's released on Friday.

It is my favourite. Battery life is ridiculously long. So light. Very comfy. I have an Xbox one and ps4 as well. And I love the Pro more than the ds4 and the one.

Jintor

By the by, is there a way to get Pro Controllers to work on PC?

I mean I'll probably grab one anyway, but it'd be kind of nice if I didn't have to go buy Xbox controllers again or something, especially since I don't actually have my 360 with me. (Left my controllers back home before I moved)

Apparently it's easier to get pure platinums in Bayonetta 2 because there's no longer a grade penalty for using items. From a gamefaqs thread.

The reason I think it's easier to P and PP chapters is because items no longer give you a rank penalty, you could literally use 10+ yellow pops and be completely invulnerable for all the fights you struggle in. Or use the Umbran Armor (which is completely invul to all damage I believe) and just keep eating purple pops to restore magic to keep it up.

Enemies are harder, bosses are way harder, but the mechanics of the game make it inherently easier. Bracelet of Time is also infinitely better in this since you don't run out of magic all that quickly when using it, same thing with Pulley's Butterfly. (and again you could just eat purple pops to restore magic)

I also read that Non-stop infinite climax keeps witch time instead of removing it, although this is apparently to compensate for faster enemies and bosses than Bayonetta 1.

I mean I'll probably grab one anyway, but it'd be kind of nice if I didn't have to go buy Xbox controllers again or something, especially since I don't actually have my 360 with me. (Left my controllers back home before I moved)

There is indeed. It requires a little finagling or an adapter or something. Someone else probably knows more.

Pacific, Nintendo HQ is in Washington. The game will be available at midnight Pacific.

It's Eastern. Always has been.

Mayflash USB adapter.

Ulysses 31

Yeah with the Mayflash Wireless Wii U Pro Controller Adapter for PC USB.

I'm about 3 hours in. Really enjoying it so far. It's very similar to the first game - just looks a bit nicer and runs better. It doesn't feel as fresh, as it's a sequel, obviously. Great deal getting both games for £40 though!

Also, the co-op mode is really fun. I suggest giving it a go!

Astral Dog

Great move.

Yeah, Loki looks like a little piece of shit, I don't like him at all. I don't really like any of the characters in Bayonetta, though. Especially not-Joe Pesci. I skip the cutscenes, I really can't stand them.

Loki is an adorable little pile of shit,you will warm up to him,and he is much better than the Rising kid.

Dambrosi

Banned
I bought the DMC HD Collection on Tuesday to prepare myself for this Friday. A good decision. The two games included are still excellent stylish brawlers, Capcom at the top of their game. Bayonetta is only better than DMC3 by a little, but it is still better. It was only £10 too, which helps.

I also bought a Wii U Pro Controller specifically for this game. I played some Hyrule Warriors with it. I now know that buying it was the right decision. Playing Bayo 1 and 2 with the Gamepad would have murdered my hands. It was only £12 too, which helps.

I can't sleep, and i need to. I have a meeting with the landlord in the morning, a court hearing (not criminal) in the afternoon, and a gym appointment in the evening. Fuck my life.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I'm so jealous of all of you in the later time zones. 2 1/2 hours to go here. And then I have to wait for it to download.

Soon.

N° 2048

OT is here! Hopefully my copy arrives on tomorrow. Working all weekend so Monday wouldn't be too bad either.

but damn I'm hyped.

antitrop

Seriously! This might be a Wolfenstein GOTY-beater.

Yeah, Wolfy is still my #1 right now.

I see this topping it, though. Bayonetta 1 is one of my favorite games of all-time and every review I've seen/read has said this is better, specifically in pacing.

I don't even, I have to see this for myself!

Apparently it's easier to get pure platinums in Bayonetta 2 because there's no longer a grade penalty for using items. From a gamefaqs thread.

I also read that Non-stop infinite climax keeps witch time instead of removing it, although this is apparently to compensate for faster enemies and bosses than Bayonetta 1.

There are a few changes from Bayo1 that probably make it a bit easier to platinum

Bayo 1
- 4 magic orbs lost on every hit.
- Score counter decreases 100% if combos are not completed after a certain amount of hits.
- Penalties for using any item during play.

Bayo 2
- No magic lost on hit.
- Score counter decreases by 50% if combos are not completed after a certain amount of hits
- No penalties for using items. (just a loss of halo bonus at the end, big deal)
- Enraged enemies are easier to hit.

Magic is harder to get in Bayonetta 2, though. You used to be able to just hold taunt and watch the bar fill up or just have a full 3 bars during that chapter 1 courtyard fight; well no more of that. Magic Gain is real stingy now, I guess to compensate for the no magic lost on hit thing and so you can actually use the Umbran Climax more often.

They buffed a few of the other moves, too. 360 moves are actually good now. The kicks are faster, have better more varied chains. Weapons in general are more unique compared to the army of gun combo animations the first game had. Whip is actually good now. Swords have faster charge times. No more instant-death QTEs, thank fuckin' God.

Sunny K.

Banned
Dumb answer: yes

Thanks, cant wait!

89706-threes-company-gif-3iYO.gif

schlew

I was hoping it would show up in the OP, but has anyone seen custom box art for the Bayonetta 1 disc? I've got a Wii U disc case coming and I've tried keeping an eye open for custom box art.

There are a few changes from Bayo1 that probably make it a bit easier to platinum
Thanks for the info. Would you say Pulley's is more or less powerful for getting away with no damage in Bayo 2? Assuming you weren't using items.

The kilgore glitch is still in the first Bayonetta. Apparently left there intentionally.

Joeku

So I played Bayonetta 1 a few days ago for the first time since it released and I still don't understand a fair bit about it. Anywhere I can catch up a good story summary? The Bayonetta wiki doesn't seem to have one.

So I played Bayonetta 1 a few days ago for the first time since it released and I still don't understand a fair bit about it. Anywhere I can catch up a good story summary? The Bayonetta wiki doesn't seem to have one.

Someone posted a really quick run down earlier in this thread. I will see if I can find it for you.

Wait, Bayonetta Bloody Fate is $3 on iTunes? This can't be right.

Edit: There are separate entries for the dub and sub, but it is indeed $3. Listed as a single episode in a TV season. Has to be a mistake so this'll probably get patched up soon.

Top Bottom