• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Thanks, I'll investigate. If it helps I have the Bewitchments for doing all Muspelheim challenges and opening all resting places, so it's not one of the hearts from those.
I think that bewitchment only counts the remembrance of time resting places that you have to collect parts of. I got that bewitchment in chapter 15 after doing such a chest, while I found another normal chest in chapter 16 afterwards. And while replaying chapters, I found a chest I missed the first time that contained a heart piece.

Infinite Climax is some tough shit with its new enemy spawns, especially when you're trying to keep lollipop usage to a mininum whilst still aiming for Gold or Platinum medals. I mean this is what you walk into a "nope" moment like this at the very beginning of Chapter IX:

ribehh.gif

It only gets worse from there in the following chapter where you run into
double Sloths
(the only time I felt the need to wield chainsaws) or
four of those two-headed dogs
at once, where I was extremely grateful I had sufficient magic for Umbran Climax.

Son Of D

I have to say, I do feel bad a bit when using (unlockable character spoiler)
---Rosa---
in Tag Climax. My partner could be ahead of me in points but then I get Umbran Climax and suddenly I'm in the lead.

Infinite Climax is some tough shit with its new enemy spawns, especially when you're trying to keep lollipop usage to a mininum whilst still aiming for Gold or Platinum medals. I mean this is what you walk into a "nope" moment like this at the very beginning of Chapter IX:

ribehh.gif

It only gets worse from there in the following chapter where you run into
double Sloths
(the only time I felt the need to wield chainsaws) or
four of those two-headed dogs
at once, where I was extremely grateful I had sufficient magic for Umbran Climax.

Hell parts are so hard in infinity climax with
---Rosa---
, lmao. It's like, 1 hit and you're dead, literally.

I think that bewitchment only counts the remembrance of time resting places that you have to collect parts of. I got that bewitchment in chapter 15 after doing such a chest, while I found another normal chest in chapter 16 afterwards. And while replaying chapters, I found a chest I missed the first time that contained a heart piece.

I see. Thanks for the info. I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Hell parts are so hard in infinity climax with
---Rosa---
, lmao. It's like, 1 hit and you're dead, literally.
It's either 1 hit dead or PP first try.

Wow, Rodin is really disappointing to play as. There's no mobility skills. I've gotten so used to double tapping R to zoom towards the enemies.
At first but he is really boss once you figure him out. You can still stinger with him and such.

Dreavus

Wow, Rodin is really disappointing to play as. There's no mobility skills. I've gotten so used to double tapping R to zoom towards the enemies.

I played him a few times and found that you can charge up pretty much all of his moves by holding down the button. The guy tears through enemies when you fully charge a back->forward kick attack.

You basically have to stinger to get into range though.

I have all platinums and gold in 2nd climax but bracelet of time isn't unlocked? What the hell? I even beat the final chapter again after I got all the platinums/golds but it never unlocked. Help.

Corgi

Banned
just beat bayo 1 on normal.

curious what diffculty to start 2 on.

i heard 2 was easier, but it has hard unlocked out of the gate.

Vitacat

Just bought a Wii U the other day. Picking up Bayonetta 2 tonight. Looking forward to it.

Haven't owned a new Nintendo system since Gamecube and DS Lite.

Corgi

Banned
woah. its super impressive in how much has changed since bayo 2 from 1. Like every single combo animation looks slightly different, and there is way less delay between moves, everything is also a bit faster.

Getting hit a lot more than before though, How fast do you unlock the witch time when you R right when you get hit? Also moon parry accessory :X

Yeah, im totally expecting to die a bunch on 3rd climax eh? These enemies are already way trickier than 1 where guys have multiple attacks during the same chain.

Unit24

woah. its super impressive in how much has changed since bayo 2 from 1. Like every single combo animation looks slightly different, and there is way less delay between moves, everything is also a bit faster.

Getting hit a lot more than before though, How fast do you unlock the witch time when you R right when you get hit? Also moon parry accessory :X

Yeah, im totally expecting to die a bunch on 3rd climax eh? These enemies are already way trickier than 1 where guys have multiple attacks during the same chain.

I think Bat Within is available to buy right away.

ghibli99

Just finished Chapter VI. I hate some of the hidden Verses (feels like the equivalent of a pixel hunt), and the story is utter crap, but the rest of the game has just been superb. I want to get through this quickly, but at the same time I'm enjoying just savoring it my first time through.

yeah, In Platinum's blog site, it said that the development team went the extra mile and redid all the animations for the game since the sequel should be treated like an all new game.

getting a hang of 'x factor'.

Is there a reason why I should do executions anymore?

You get a guaranteed health drop and enemy weapon. There are also bewitchments for killing angels and demons with torture attacks, and they are great for finishing anoying enemies like Sloth.

Coda

So I'm currently trying to beat Witch Trial V. Man it's cray. Can only get to the 3rd arena before I fail hard.

Had a question though, right now I'm rocking Jeanne with the Nun costume (which is quite awesome) wearing the Bracelet of Time and Evil Harvest Rosary. Does anyone know if it's harder to activate the blasts when dodging with the EHR similar to how her witch time works or do you think it's more akin to Bayonetta wearing the same accessories? I played a bit with both characters and couldn't really tell the difference.

Bombless

I like them because it allows you to finish off a dangerous enemy with complete impunity (you are phased out while the animation is running) and drops a ton of goodies (also, keep spamming that button even after you've reached maxed halos for the execution, if you watch the combo counter there's a couple extra hits registered that count towards the total combo score).

Edit : OMG LOL
Platinum Games said:
It was five years in the making, but the dream became a reality. We don't think we ever saw Kamiya so happy.

I have all platinums and gold in 2nd climax but bracelet of time isn't unlocked? What the hell? I even beat the final chapter again after I got all the platinums/golds but it never unlocked. Help.

it doesn't automatically unlock; instead you must buy it from Rodin for 200K after you fulfill the requirements

DKL

I would use this on sloth in infinite climax.

(this was pointed out in a previous post)

As soon as you get the combo requirements for a platinum, I honestly believe that those things need to die very quickly.

I find it funny that almost nothing in the game makes those things flinch, even during witch time (the most viable thing is whips, of course, because whips stop everything except for like maybe 2 or 3 things).

So I'm currently trying to beat Witch Trial V. Man it's cray. Can only get to the 3rd arena before I fail hard.

I can pure platinum this, but only because I scam really hard with
Rosa, who is super busted.

I need to figure out how to beat this thing with dignity...

Masked Lumen is so good in Tag Climax holy poop, though he's sorta hit or miss depending on what you're fighting. I don't think he's really built to fight the human characters like Bayonetta/himself/Jeanne, but he can wreck shit with his spells on regular enemies and especially the big heavy bosses.

Bombless

Masked Lumen is so good in Tag Climax holy poop, though he's sorta hit or miss depending on what you're fighting. I don't think he's really built to fight the human characters like Bayonetta/himself/Jeanne, but he can wreck shit with his spells on regular enemies and especially the big heavy bosses.

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of his melee attacks but his ranged stuff is amazing. He is terrible against swarms though.

Bullza2o

Finished bayonetta 1 yesterday and started 2 today. Man I was blown away with the visuals! And that chapter 1 was so epic and long! Too bad I played on 2nd climax and found it a bit too easy coming from normal on B1. I guess I like a challenge better.

Astral Dog

Finished bayonetta 1 yesterday and started 2 today. Man I was blown away with the visuals! And that chapter 1 was so epic and long! Too bad I played on 2nd climax and found it a bit too easy coming from normal on B1. I guess I like a challenge better.

Change difficulty and buy the ggaze of despair, or dont collect many heart pieces.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wish you could play as Masked Lumen and Rodin in story mode. Would be hilarious especially if they talk with Bayonetta's voice in cutscenes.

Neiteio

and they're even better in the second game. The motorcycle equivalent is now half as long and has a better camera angle to more easily see upcoming obstacles, and the airplane section is also half as long with a camera that doesn't do an obnoxious spin every time you barrel roll. They fulfill their role as Kamiya-esque breaks from the typical action, without ever wearing out their welcome and having a more accommodating camera system for the player.

They even went a step further with the Mech suit, marrying your typical controls to a unique spectacle filled level, all at once adding variety to the game design but without completely doing away with the core competencies the player has learned through the game.

So I have to turn your argument around, in that I have yet to see you articulate a convincing complaint against Bayonetta 2's slicker combat, improved visuals and image quality, framerate that never tanks to City on Fire/fighting on back of trucks/Bayo 1 prologue/various areas in the Tower depths, or streamlined minigames that goes beyond "Kamiya something something"
JC said basically what I wanted to say but more eloquently. Good job, JC.

Just beat it. Fantastic, but I think the first one clicked with me juuuuuust a tad more. I'd elaborate more but I think I need to play both games back-to-back before reaching a conclusion.

Edit: Ooh, went back to Story Mode to check out Rodin's store and there's a
lost chapter
waiting for me. Gonna check that out tomorrow.

Finished Infinite Climax earlier. Anyone who hasn't yet: play it, it's fantastic. Don't use any of the weaksauce shit like
Rosa
, chainsaws or Evil Harvest Rosary. A good chunk of the revised enemy spawns - never mind the increased damage on humanoid bosses - will bust your balls if you're not careful.

Also, it's a testament to Bayonetta 2 how even after having beaten the game's campaign three times in quick succession, I'm still considering going in for one more at minimum. Plus I still have the Witch Trails plus Tag Climax to wade through. Really impressive sequel, considering I couldn't wait for Bayonetta 1 to end when I reached the last 4 chapters, if not more.

Cross post from Buy/Sell but figured guys in here might have more desire for it.

Picked this up for a friend who has now decided that they don't want it. Figured rather than just take back to Game I would throw up on here for someone that wants it but doesn't want to pay eBay prices.

Just looking for my money back on this so £59.99 + whatever your shipping would be from the UK.

PvsxVl.jpg

I've finished the main story a while ago and I just wanted to say that I loved every second of this game. How can a single game be so amazing? I actually had to control my urge to play it, if left alone I would play the game the entire day.

Truly, my Wii U purchase was totally justified only by playing Bayo 2. Now, into 3rd Climax, the Trials and Tag Climax!

Mohonky

Eh I still havent started playing this yet and I picked it up launch day. think its because;

A: I know when I do, I am gonna hit that frustration level I had with the original on 360 about not getting platinums or just generally not being able to jump in fully understanding the combat mechanics and being able to perform them effortlessly.

B: its not an easy game to just jump into to unwind, it actually winds me up more than anything because of A

C: Finishing Mario and Luigi Dream Team (this game does end right? i mean i am near 45hrs in now......)

D: gonna finish the first one again first, finished on 360 but want to finish the definitive Wii u version first. But even that is going to require myltiple play throughs so I a, looking at 40 hrs plus of frenetic action.

Expecting these games will be fucking awesome when I get into them and begin to really understand it but yeh I am expecting 15-20hrs of frustration and berbal outbursts still I 'get it' which is kind of putting me off jumping right in.

Again, any Saur videos for these games yet? Because that totally changed my opinion of Wonderful 101.

Unit24

Eh I still havent started playing this yet and I picked it up launch day. think its because;

A: I know when I do, I am gonna hit that frustration level I had with the original on 360 about not getting platinums or just generally not being able to jump in fully understanding the combat mechanics and being able to perform them effortlessly.

B: its not an easy game to just jump into to unwind, it actually winds me up more than anything because of A

C: Finishing Mario and Luigi Dream Team (this game does end right? i mean i am near 45hrs in now......)

D: gonna finish the first one again first, finished on 360 but want to finish the definitive Wii u version first. But even that is going to require myltiple play throughs so I a, looking at 40 hrs plus of frenetic action.

Expecting these games will be fucking awesome when I get into them and begin to really understand it but yeh I am expecting 15-20hrs of frustration and berbal outbursts still I 'get it' which is kind of putting me off jumping right in.

Again, any Saur videos for these games yet? Because that totally changed my opinion of Wonderful 101.

You'll be glad to know that Bayo 2 is significantly less frustrating than Bayo 1. And yes, Saur is currently doing a Bayo video series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqzztvoVngY

Unit24

Here I was, thinking I was completely burnt out of this game, but it turns out I had just become bored of the lower difficulty levels. Now I'm going through Infinite Climax again, getting much better ranks with minimal item usage. At last, the gud has been gotten.

My confidence after beating game: Damn I'm good
My confidence after fighting and getting destroyed by
Rodin
: Oh...

Can barely take an inch of his health bar out, hahahaha.

Top Bottom