• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I have the game since day one. Still haven't launched it. I'm halfway through Bayonetta, and I have this, you know, FIFA addiction...

georly

Any tips for the musfelheim where you can't touch the ground but only have one platform? I can only seem to stay in the air long enough to get him down to about 40%

Edit: Lol, got lucky right after I asked this and he fell on the ground and I landed on him so I could just jump on top of him.

Any tips for the musfelheim where you can't touch the ground but only have one platform? I can only seem to stay in the air long enough to get him down to about 40%
You can use enemy step to cancel attacks to stay in the air. So if you're close to him you can just do something like PPP, enemy step, PPP, etc. Just jump off of his body to dodge his swings instead of using the dodge button.

You can use the riding Afterburner kick and Umbran Spear to help too

NEO0MJ

Just finished Chapter 13. The
Balder fight was intense, like a super version of Balder from the original Bayonetta.

So what exactly happens when you
beat Rodin in the Platinum Ticket
? Do you unlock him (in single player and multiplayer)? Does it give you an item? Not sure, and am having an annoying time trying to beat him right now, so I just want to see if it's even worth it at this point, hahahaha.

Girlfriend was out Christmas shopping. She called and told me she bought me an early Christmas gift. 10 minutes later she called back and said..."It's Bayonetta 2, be home in an hour." This is gonna be a long hour.

Zomba13

So what exactly happens when you
beat Rodin in the Platinum Ticket
? Do you unlock him (in single player and multiplayer)? Does it give you an item? Not sure, and am having an annoying time trying to beat him right now, so I just want to see if it's even worth it at this point, hahahaha.

You get
the Rodin weapon. It's all of the Demon and Angel weapons but as an equippable. To get Rodin in Multiplayer (only place you can play as him) you juts have to keep doing Tag Climax until he pops up as a random verse and then beat him and finish that run.

You get
the Rodin weapon. It's all of the Demon and Angel weapons but as an equippable. To get Rodin in Multiplayer (only place you can play as him) you juts have to keep doing Tag Climax until he pops up as a random verse and then beat him and finish that run.

Guess it can wait then, hahaha. I was hoping it would unlock him in at least multiplayer because I am playing Tag Climax with my friend later tonight, but it can definitely wait right now. Not worth the anger of dying in 3 hits, hahaha.

Vitacat

Bought this along with a dozen or so other Wii U and Wii games last night for my shiny new Wii U. First Nintendo console for me since Gamecube, so lots to catch up on.

I'm replaying the first Bayonetta to get some platinum throphies, and got nothing but platinums, pure platinums and a gold medal on chapter 3, just to fail the collapsing bridge QTE and get a gold throphy in the end. Uuugh thank god those things aren't in the sequel.

I feel like I'm losing my mind. Is there some kind of tell to let me know when Rodin is going to do a charge move instead of the instant version of his attacks? He keeps faking me out and I don't get what I'm missing ;_;

Synless

Where is the damn costume I bought? I am in character settings at chapter select and the item does not show up to equip...

N/m, you need to buy a mirror for it to show up

Corgi

Banned
hmmm just 1 death from ch1 on climax 3. kinda surprised compare to how many deaths i've gotten on normal in bayo 1.

It just feels like alot of her new basic combos are way better than before and flow easier when offsetting.

this loki guy is a prick though. You design the game for me to explore each map for secrets but you have this asshole yelling at me to move forward. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO???

krizzx

What's the best controller to use? Is the Wii pad ok? Or can you use the CCP? Or the Wii U Pro controller?

The Wii U gamepad is the best contoller for every Wii U games exepct for Pikmin 3(it was originally a Wii game and the Wii-mote still works the best for it as a result).

Deku Tree

Thanks everyone! I guess I'll try the Wii U Pad. If I don't like it maybe I'll pick up the Pro controller. I found the Wii Pad great for NG3RE so maybe I'll be fine here too.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just wanted to check in. I got this game yesterday w Targets buy 2 get 1 deal, played for about 4 hours straight which I never do and holymotherofgodcandyapplesonafuckstick this game is TITS.

GOTF

Lucael

I'm new to the topic since started this game just yesterday and didn't want any spoiler, I'm actually at Chapter VII, and I'm enjoying it but even in Climax 3 the game it's so easy. In the first Bayo you had those small encounters that were challenging at some degree, but here everything looks so easy even to get good ranking on Verses.

Plus I'm missing boss like the Cardinal Virtues :( Anyway the fights with
the Lumen Sage
are brilliant.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man why does chain chomp put my combo to 9.99 so easily

mfw

uwVDqcA.gif

Frodo

To be quite honest, I bought a Pro-controller to play this game, but I think the Gamepad does a pretty good job at it. I like the position of the buttons better on the Gamepad, and getting used to the Pro after playing through Bayonetta (1) with the Gamepad took some time. Now, I think the Pro controller is fine, but I wouldn't say it is necessary to have one to enjoy the game. The biggest ~~pro~ of the Pro controller is the absolutely killer battery life. You can play through the game a few times before ever thinking abut charging it. And it is also very light, which should contribute to your comfort in long play sessions.

imae

Verse 3 of
Witch Trial V
, I was like oh hey it's just
Loptr
again this shouldn't be too har...., oh look there's
Alraune
too, -_-.

70 hours and counting and still enjoying every second of this game. Oh, and I thought I'd be sick of Tomorrow is Mine by now too, but nope.

Frodo

Just finished Chapter XI (I think it was XI), and... I love this game.

Thanks, Platinum, thanks Ninty. Thanks everyone involved.

ozfunghi

Finished Bayo the day before yesterday and started Bayo2 yesterday... the graphical improvements are much more defined than i thought. The game is crisper, less muddy, more detail and more colors. It's rather pretty.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I finished the game last night. Took me a while, because I wanted to savor it. I loved it. Every single level of it. I'm taking a break to dig into the Mario Kart DLC, but yeah, I'll absolutely be back for... there's just so much to this game that playing through once isn't enough.

Just beat this game a second time on 3rd climax. This game still made me smile playing it all the way through.

I unlocked this new weapon I assume from completing it. Nintendo really put some cool things in here I don't want to spoil it.

I still didn't unlock all the weapons in the game though wtf?? I searched every nook and cranny for them too. I wish this game released earlier this year. I want to play it again a third time.

Jawmuncher

OK there's one huge question I have that i'm confused about.

When you beat Balder in Hell and Loki explodes sending everyone back in time. Exactly why is balder reset and not mad at you? What happened to the pissed off balder working for the other half of loki? I just beat the game and i'm about to just chalk that up to "Time Travel Nonsense"

Anteo

Finished the game, I mean the game decided it was over all of the sudden.

Gameplay was 10/10 but the story was weird, like the had 2 different ideas (Jeane goes to hell, Balder comes back from the past) and tried to make them both work together but they couldn't. In the end I feel like the whole Jeanne thing was a bad excuse to fight demons.

OK there's one huge question I have that i'm confused about.

When you beat Balder in Hell and Loki explodes sending everyone back in time. Exactly why is balder reset and not mad at you? What happened to the pissed off balder working for the other half of loki? I just beat the game and i'm about to just chalk that up to "Time Travel Nonsense"

Balder was chasing Loki to avenge Rosa and he is mad at Bayo because she is protecting Loki (who knows why he targeted Bayonetta on their first encounter instead, plothole I guess). When they get to the place where Rosa dies Bayonetta points out that the guy who killed Rosa had a different mark on his forehead and thus it can't be Loki.

Top Bottom