• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

atr0cious

I think the discount is based off Nintendo's shitty download system. So, if you listen to the video, it says when you come back, so I think the first game has to completely download and register as owned and then you can get the discount.

Fucking Nintendo.

Dreavus

I really hope I can just go to a store tomorrow and buy this video game.

I'm really lazy and didn't preorder or nothin'

random25

Lucky for you guys! I'll be joining the party next week when it becomes available here and my pre-ordered copy arrives.

I think the discount is based off Nintendo's shitty download system. So, if you listen to the video, it says when you come back, so I think the first game has to completely download and register as owned and then you can get the discount.

Fucking Nintendo.

Yeah so anyone who wanted to download the games in order, but play Bayonetta 2 first is fucked and very pissed off right now. Sorry to anyone that downloaded part 1 first and didn't know about the register delay.

Hugstable

Banned
Yeah so anyone who wanted to download the games in order, but play Bayonetta 2 first is fucked and very pissed off right now. Sorry to anyone that downloaded part 1 first and didn't know about the register delay.

I'm the opposite! I thought I had to buy Bayo 2 first to get the discount, but Bayo 1 is the game I really need to play! I still haven't played the first and now I can't download it yet :(

Onionkid

Well...my download time shot up from 3 1/2 hours to 6. Please Nintendo, introduce digital preorders and preloading ASAP :( I feel like I'm in the stone age right now.

ShadyJ

Picking my copy up tomorrow, Glorious PAL copy with both games.

galv5Il.gif

knkng

Wait, I don't get it. You want to download Bayo 1 first, but play Bayo 2 first? How would that even be possible?

Soooo, I don't see the discount or the game in my Club Nintendo account :/
Yeah, it generally takes a little while for games to show up in Club Nintendo. I would just check back some time tomorrow for that.

On a side note, 1hr 25mins to go!

Sayter

I haven't seen any posts in the Player's Post section of the Bayonetta community on Miiverse yet. So, I'm guessing either no one has the game, or is too busy playing. I always like to post a pic of the title screen right before I play. :)

NateDrake

I haven't seen any posts in the Player's Post section of the Bayonetta community on Miiverse yet. So, I'm guessing either no one has the game, or is too busy playing. I always like to post a pic of the title screen right before I play. :)

I see 3 posts on the US Miiverse. Peach, Samus' feet, and a covered Bayonetta.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
~2MB/s over wireless (N/G, my router's management area doesn't specify what clients are using)

The Wii U is about 3 feet from the router, though.

atr0cious

Wait, I don't get it. You want to download Bayo 1 first, but play Bayo 2 first? How would that even be possible?

If he's like me, a little OCD told him they would look better in order, but I had the PS3 version so I need to finish Bayo1 first anyways, so it worked out. But yea, I was staring at the checkout like

HjIMudB.gif

Ooooh, what LAN adapter you got? Must be a good one!

I can understand the eShop just being slow because everyone's trying to download of course.

I think the Rocketfish one? I thought I was buying cheap but I guess not. I had heard that some adapters had capped bandwidth but wasn't sure when I bought it. The one I have has been great though.

EDIT: Discount for Bayonetta 2 just showed up! About 45 mins later.

Hugstable

Banned
The discount is showing for me now, just picked up my Bayo 1 and switched the download over to it. I'm like 45 minutes behind, but hopefully I can be playing by midnight (2 and half hours from now)

flux1

Discount showing here too. Glad as I would have been leaving in the morning before part 1 was done downloading. Wanted to go ahead and get 2 so it can start before I get home.

Keeps giving me an error that servers are too busy to start the download.

Edit: NVM seems the eShop isn't working but the download went to Download Management anyways.

Game cost $43 with my deluxe promotion credit. Woohoo!

My DL seems like it's sped up a bit in the last few minutes :D

I have to give Nintendo credit, ever since the great Pokémon disaster they got their shit together and these midnight launches have been a pleasure.

Coda

My DL seems like it's sped up a bit in the last few minutes :D

I have to give Nintendo credit, ever since the great Pokémon disaster they got their shit together and these midnight launches have been a pleasure.

They're doing it right but it's nothing quite as smooth as the PS4's pre-loading. Playing games right at midnight is pretty special. Bayonetta 2 is the first game I'm buying physically in quite some time.

They're doing it right but it's nothing quite as smooth as the PS4's pre-loading. Playing games right at midnight is pretty special. Bayonetta 2 is the first game I'm buying physically in quite some time.

That's true, I haven't gotten anything digital on PS4 since they started doing that. I hope that's the next baby step for Nintendo.

Kinda surprised its going slowly. Mk8 and smash 3ds midnight launch were quick and smooth for me. No way bayonetta surpassed those in initial digital sales. Maybe theres another issue.

Have they mentioned how long the bundle discount will be available on the eShop? Just trying to space out purchases with all this stuff coming out and want to know my deadline for this, especially since I know that I won't even get to playing it for a few weeks with other things going on.

Banned
Eshop is down due to volume. Bayonetta selling over a million copies day one confirmed!

Or NoA servers are shit.

Top Bottom