• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

knkng

I have to give Nintendo credit, ever since the great Pokémon disaster they got their shit together and these midnight launches have been a pleasure.
Yes, they've managed to accommodate all 7 of us :p

They're doing it right but it's nothing quite as smooth as the PS4's pre-loading. Playing games right at midnight is pretty special. Bayonetta 2 is the first game I'm buying physically in quite some time.
Yeah, this would be really appreciated. Midnight launch is kinda pointless for most people if they can't begin playing until 2 or 3 am.

Eshop is down due to volume. Bayonetta selling over a million copies day one confirmed!

Or NoA servers are shit.

mario kart 8 midnight launch went really smooth alongwith hyrule warriors seems weird that this game is causing problems.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I went to Walmart and they didn't have a place for it nor did the guy "find" it in the back. GameStop was just shutdown like normal. If it ain't a Tuesday don't expect anything, right?
I just placed an order on Amazon. I remember picking it up at the store anyway when Bayonetta 1 came out. I'll just have to get a refurb WiiU this next week.

dkeane

giving my wii U pad a deadly stare.
DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD DOWLOAD

It's actually going fast, but I'm over tired and won't get to play until tomorrow evening.

Keep getting error when trying to connect. I'm on a wired connection.

That's weird, I can browse the eShop normally and the donwload is going fine. I'm on wireless, though.

Edit: My download speed has now decreased significantly but it's still going.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That's weird, I can browse the eShop normally and the donwload is going fine. I'm on wireless, though.

I wish the 3ds had that. You have to sit there while they fill your game tank with jelly drops.

image.jpg

IKizzLE

It's because you have to use an adapter and a lot of adapters are capped at 10 megabits. Apparently a few can go faster than that though.

Hmmm, so say I have wifi speeds in excess of 100 mb/s....would it be better to use LAN because a wired connection is more stable or just stick to wifi?

Well, I just bought into gaf's hype and purchased both games :). I can usually trust you all lol and I love these types of action games

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wondered about Walmart's stance on Bayonetta because I don't recall seeing it there originally. I also remember that they still edit their music. You can only get parental advisory CD's at Target or K-Mart.

I don't care. Walmart just sucks as a midnight launch gaming store unless it's a console or the stock keeper knows what they're doing. This guy didn't even know what console it was on and he looked younger than I was.

They sure love their Disney Infinity and Skylanders. They have an entire section just decked out. What's worse than that is their guide selection. Year old game guides at full price. It's an outrage. Gaming representatives have sunk low too. The advertisements aren't for upcoming games. They're for anything else. I realize Bayonetta has her figure out in the open, but still. She's a good character to show off period.

dani_dc

Do I buy Digital or Physical?

Do I replay Bayonetta 1 before or after I go through Bayonetta 2?

Such dilemmas.

Why couldn't Nintendo release Bayonetta 1 a week early?

Mask

Curse you, GAME! I could have been playing this right now, but nooooo, you just had to follow the rules and tell the courier to not deliver until release day...

Ah well, at least I should be playing it on release day this time, unlike some of the other games I've preordered from Game before.

Spineker

Banned
Wait, Australia has to wait another 8 hours?

Oh wow, you poor bastards. Nintendo doesn't mind screwing you guys sometimes.

Oh god, 31 minutes to install??? :{

Sorry neighbors, you're going to be hearing "TOMORROW IS MIIIIIIINNNNNEEEE!!!" in your nightmares tonight >:D

knkng

Oh god, 31 minutes to install??? :{

Sorry neighbors, you're going to be hearing "TOMORROW IS MIIIIIIINNNNNEEEE!!!" in your nightmares tonight >:D
LOL, I was just about to post this...

Install instantly shoots to 25% *Hooray!*
Timer comes up at 28min *Motherfucker!*

K.Sabot

Friend of mine checked 3 walmarts in an hour's radius and none of them had it. Meanwhile I'm just here like "Amazon doesn't ship mine until monday".

Blues1990

I'm going to pick up my copy after my doctor's appointment, so I'm pretty excited, as I had only dabbed with the Xbox 360 version of Bayonetta 1. So, I'm going in this with a fresh perspective.

Famassu

So, should I play Bayo 1 again, with decent framerate this time, before playing Bayo 2 or not?

Choices, choices...
I'd rush through it once while skipping through most of the cutscenes. Bayonetta isn't really all that long a game for someone who knows what he/she is doing (and knows the secret of quick-cutscene-skipping), so as long as you're not going for 100% completion, then you should be done with Bayo 1 in an evening or two.

TEJ

So close! I can feel the love in this topic tonight! Oh, I just can't WAIT to get my hands on this game.

Top Bottom